Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 GameStop.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

****ing GameStop! :mad: Post arrived without Battlefield... Weekend without it now... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

still waiting on mine also. didn't pay for express. do they deliver tomorrow also anybody know?

Nope, post is never delivered on a weekend except around christmas time

Unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Mondays a bank holiday too so don't expect it til Tuesday. My brother ordered his from there because he got dead island a day early. Mine arrived today from gamesnash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Jet Black wrote: »
    Mondays a bank holiday too so don't expect it til Tuesday. My brother ordered his from there because he got dead island a day early. Mine arrived today from gamesnash.

Oh yeah, i forgot about that. Tuesday is the next postal day if you dont get it today.

Thank god i didnt pre order now

AdrianII wrote: »
    Oh yeah, i forgot about that. Tuesday is the next postal day if you dont get it today.

Thank god i didnt pre order now

Thanks guys, that makes it so much better :rolleyes: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thanks guys, that makes it so much better :rolleyes: :p

Sorry :-) I got screwed for black ops. I drove to the post depo trying to get it with no luck. I just rented it from xtravision in the end and was left waiting an extra week for it to be delivered. Can't rent it with BF because it needs an online code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sorry :-) I got screwed for black ops. I drove to the post depo trying to get it with no luck. I just rented it from xtravision in the end and was left waiting an extra week for it to be delivered. Can't rent it with BF because it needs an online code

Buy it and send the gamestop copy back, thats what I have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

courier delivered it this morning - €3 extra for express post = bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

just as a matter of interest. why would anyone buy these games online, when you can go into gamestop on the day and just pick it up..

aidankkk wrote: »
    just as a matter of interest. why would anyone buy these games online, when you can go into gamestop on the day and just pick it up..

Considering all gamestops are a pain in the arse to get to for me (XtraVision is easy enough though) and they normally deliver on time, its usually a good choice... Not so much this time though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

aidankkk wrote: »

main reason i went gamestop online was it was the cheapest, plus last time i got my game a day early.

not this time though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Has anyone who ordered it by post got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

tok9 wrote: »
    Has anyone who ordered it by post got it?
    Nope. Seems like they weren't on the ball with the timely dispatch. :(:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ah ****e anyway! I was looking forward to having a go of it...

I'm still going to hope it'll be there when i get home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

AdrianII wrote: »
    gcgirl wrote: »
    I only popped down to xtra vision I did not pre order and they had loads of copies for pc/ps3/360 so far it's pretty good concentration on campaign first ;)

how much in xtravision?
    did you get the free map pack???
    €49.99 and you get the map pack but it's like a month or so and also got free popcorn and That movie with sly Stallone, Arnold and Jason stratham

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

bubbleking wrote: »
    courier delivered it this morning - €3 extra for express post = bargain

did you pay for that on top of the normal postage, as in you opted for normal postage then once it didn't come paid the courrier?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭harryohh

Got email on wednesday saying it was dispatched by gamestop via standard post

Wondering how I still didn't get it today.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

harryohh wrote: »

Exact same , Went into gamestore and bought a copy , when my "preorder" arrives I'll bring it back still sealed with the receipt and get credit towards mw3 I think.

Pc version by the way.

horgan_p wrote: »
    Exact same , Went into gamestore and bought a copy , when my "preorder" arrives I'll bring it back still sealed with the receipt and get credit towards mw3 I think.

Pc version by the way.

Are they not doing a deal where you trade in BF3 and get MW3 for 99c anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Are they not doing a deal where you trade in BF3 and get MW3 for 99c anyway

Thats a good point actually. Im going to do this with my late copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭pompeyboi

Got mine from the courier man at about 2.20pm (xbox 360) Happy Days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

pompeyboi wrote: »
    Got mine from the courier man at about 2.20pm (xbox 360) Happy Days!!
    You paid for express delivery (€5.50)?

You paid for express delivery (€5.50)?
    Yeah i did

feck it. bought a second copy there myself. not leaving myself stuck over the 5 days that i'm off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

does anyone know if the couriers will be working the saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 [DVDF]Merlin

harryohh wrote: »

Same here and didn't arrive today(Friday) of course.Ordered it over a week ago and it was only shipped on Wednesday????????? I blame myself really i was warned about Gamestop but i was suckered in by the price.But lesson learnt i can tell you that.Be lucky to get it next Tuesday at the earliest:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i got mine from gamestop today but the guy behind the counter gave me a sheet with redeem codes for the gun pack for the 360, i have a ps3, i hope i can take them back tomorrow for the ps3 code instead

geetar wrote: »
    does anyone know if the couriers will be working the saturday?
    The nightline website says that they operate on saturday mornings but i dunno if thats true or not

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

So would what I'm about to suggest be possible:

Walk in to GameStop shop today and buy the Limited Edition for €39.99 and install that version. When the game arrives in the post, use the weapon unlock codes (I think they come in a separate sheet of paper), and then bring the version I got in the post (I presume it's still wrapped in cellophane) back to the GameStop shop and use my receipt to get a full refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Didn't get mine either yesterday, was using this as a test for MW3, think I might have to cancel my pre-order now...

Advertisement