Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**mod edit** Clinic Bratislava Slovakia

Options
  • 26-10-2011 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

A friend of mine attended the ***mod edit** in Bratislava Slovakia for some dental work. She had a dreadful experience. Apart from the fact that the place was filthy and some **mod edit** staff were acting in a highly inappropriate way, they made a complete mess of her teeth. Is there any redress against them? Is there a consumer protection act in Slovakia. Can she bill them for the repair work? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

You friend is one of many patients in this predicament. Unfortunately it is unlikely she will get any recourse. The repair work is likely to cost more than having it done properly first time round. Also the geographic distance and cost of going there will ensure that the dentist never have to honour the useless guarantees they offer.

Unfortunately clean clinics, with good staff, knowledgeable, well trained, skilled dentists who can spend the time required for advanced work over many appointments cannot be found at the prices offered anywhere in the world. Your friend shoulders some of the responsibility for this as she choose price over quality and after-care. Your friend has a responsibility to tell people about this and stop the one-sided marketing of the dental tourism trade, and also to balance out the pub "know it alls" who think this is a great idea and know a guy who had a great job.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

similar happen to a pal of mine....spent a week in Budaphest getting his teeth "done". on a chair two hours a day for 5 days.

He needed remedial treatment not long after his return.

I think the lesson for those subscribing to this forum and the lurkers......one is taking a big risk going abroad.My dentist is a phone call and a 20min drive away if I have problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Aftercare and adjustments are one thing, but the fact that the teeth are in far worse condition when they need re treatment than if no treatment had been done. They may be covered by crowns but its what's underneath that counts. This is not a cheap watch you can throw out and cut your losses, its in your head and the consequences of it will haunt you for the rest of your life.

See my sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I've heard that some patients in the situation the OP's friend is in can also experience difficulty finding a dentist here willing to repair the damage - nobody wants to have to clean up someone else's balls up.

Advertisement