Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Shifty Evasive and Very Late Seán Gallagher on Louth Radio 26 October(Full Podcast)

• 26-10-2011 10:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Jeez he is a trainwreck. He did not "solicit" money because it was "a fundraiser" .

EDIT.
    This is OVER but look for the podcast in the link below ( Michael Reade show Weds 26th).

It is a 2 hour program and Gallagher appears on 53 mins after a lot of will he won't he moments (and Seán had no mobile phone any more starting around 2 mins in .....allegedly..... which is why he was not available at the start of the program as arranged.....that Waiting for Seán bit is fun between 2 and 53 mins. :) )

Eventually he 'borrowed' one and rang d'radio like he promised he would and ran straight into a very annoyed and persistent Michael Reade.

http://www.lmfm.ie/boxtube/default.aspx?type=podcast

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Upstream

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Seán does not have a mobile telephone any more

I think he ran out of credit in the last debate :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Last Interview before the 2pm moratorium, Northern Sound in Cavan

http://powerlink.powerstream.net/002/00187/live4.asx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Ald

It starts at about 52/53 minutes. Fair play to Michael Reade on asking Gallagher "was he always that unreliable?"

Gallagher sounded awful. I'd say at this stage even he is hoping he won't get elected. The questions about his dealing and claims aren't going to go away...

People deserve a last chance to hear a) the Frantic Hunt for Seán and b) Seáns second last media appearance on Louth FM today. Check the first post for a podcast link.

No sign of his last media appearance, on Northern Sound Radio in Cavan...check again tomorrow HERE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Have to say that Reid guy really filleted Gallagher. Not that was very hard or anything. The pesky truth got in the way of his "positive message". Ah bless :D

• Advertisement

Local radio has some impressive performers and Reade wasn't letting Seán talk crap after wasting everybodys time up to 53 mins with his 'I don't have a mobile phone palaver'.

He was supposed to be item one on the program ( listen to the first minute) and poor old Norris was supposed to be on in the second hour but there was no time for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Local radio has some impressive performers and Reade wasn't letting Seán talk crap after wasting everybodys time up to 53 mins with his 'I don't have a mobile phone palaver'.

He was supposed to be item one on the program ( listen to the first minute) and poor old Norris was supposed to be on in the second hour but there was no time for him.

I agree. Excellent at proping the truth and facts. Far better than anything on RTE.
    i THINK HE WAS "OUT OF COVERAGE" apparently...for 4 whole minutes.

I gave the thread a more 'reflective' title given all the fanboy clutter in this forum since Seán got home and fair attacked d'internit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

I thought the interviewer was disgraceful in how he conducted the interview, no attempt to hide his contempt for Gallagher, no attempt at balance, just eager to have a go at him every time he opened his mouth.

He should have kept his promise to be on at around 9am then, shouldn't he.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Wasn't just about the timing, the least the candidates should expect is some respect from the interviewers, you could hear his dislike throughout the whole interview, he apologised twice for being late and gave his reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Upstream wrote: »
    Seán does not have a mobile telephone any more

I think he ran out of credit in the last debate :p

Surely his party running mate Ivor Callelly could have spared one of those that he invoiced for from a non-existent company ?

Seán wasn't believed, was he. Been like that since he stupidly blurted out that awful word "envelope" on the Frontline the other night and then realised what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Wasn't just about the timing, the least the candidates should expect is some respect from the interviewers, you could hear his dislike throughout the whole interview, he apologised twice for being late and gave his reasons

The interviewers generally ask the questions they think the audience want asked.

Sean has left a lot of unanswered questions TBH because he tried to hide his past and it has come back to haunt him from what I can see.

The FF links are one thing if you don't want someone with those links in but the business loans and grants are another issue entirely and have not in anyway being satisfactorily dealt with IMO.

The whole my accountant spotted the error afterward thing lacks credibility as does the whole I paid all my debts and was glad to do so, no wait I did so after legal action was taken issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Mr Gallagher's conduct here towards his own local radio station could be explained in two ways, either he is telling the truth about being too busy and having phone problems or he was hoping for a quick exit at the end of the program having delivered " his positive message" as it happened he had to answer a few difficult questions there and for me anyway didn't come off very well at all, fortunately for us all he has exposed on national television and now on local radio, to those who have never heard this drivel before, what a FF spoofer really sounds like.

Enough of all this. Tis Late :p

Seán awaits his coronation and the best coronation anthem I can find for him is:

Fugazi - Waiting Room. ( give it at least 30 seconds and you will realise it ain't country)

Advertisement