Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Machines

Options
  • 26-10-2011 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭

Mod: Please feel free to move this to another area if not in right forum

Looking for advice and info about credit card machines/terminals

I've a small business and have figured out that over the last 5 years I've paid 1500+ in retal fees to the credit card clearance company Elavon for the use of the credit card terminal.

Waste of money:

1. Do Credit Card companies let you use terminals which you aren't renting of them?

2. Can you buy them? (Where?)

3. What is the setup procedure for them?

Cheers for the advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Negotiate the price down - I pay 16.60 per machine per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Entreprenurial & Business Management

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jacknarvy

I'm using VeriFone Vx510 credit card machine. The Verifone Vx510 credit card machine is a very user-friendly and reliable terminal. The terminal fulfills the need for a wide range of payment options for a small company who desires the flexibility of offering different types of payment options to their clientele.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Firblog wrote: »
    I've a small business and have figured out that over the last 5 years I've paid 1500+ in retal fees to the credit card clearance company Elavon for the use of the credit card terminal.

Pay then €15 a month for the machine max - if they don;t agree simply move to another merchant provider.

Also, pay max 18 - 22c for laser transaction and maximum 2% for cards - these would be based on small volumes. If you are putting more than 250k through a machine you haggle for lower fees. At €1+ you'll get lasre for 14c and credit cards for 1.25% though some classes of cards will be higher.

Elavon
    Steamline/worldpay
    AIB Merchant services
    Barclaycard services

Advertisement