Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmn launches iphone/Android app

• 26-10-2011 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

Interesting.

Garmin the global leader in satellite navigation, today announced the Garmin Fit™ for iPhone and Android – its first fitness app that lets users track metrics such as speed, pace, distance, time, calories and with the help of Garmin accessories displays heart rate and cadence. Garmin Fit also maps and automatically uploads workouts to Garmin Connect™. Garmin also introduces its ANT+™ adapter for iPhone allowing users to use their Garmin ANT+ accessories with their iPhone.

http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2011/10/26/garmin-launch-iphone-and-android-app/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

If someone released an external ANT+ GPS adapter, you'd be rocking. But as it is, can't see it being any better than any of the other exercise apps, as the limiting factors will continue to be:
    1) GPS reception
    2) Battery life
    3) Waterproof nature of your smart phone!

It's a good way for people who currently use their smart phones to track workouts to add a HRM/Foot Pod etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Just downloaded to take a gander.
    Obviously not going to start using it over my forerunner, however has a nice UI and you can view your last 30 days Garmin Connect activities, maps, splits, charts, etc, worth €0.79 for that anyway.
    Will have a further play later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Just downloaded to take a gander.
    Obviously not going to start using it over my forerunner, however has a nice UI and you can view your last 30 days Garmin Connect activities, maps, splits, charts, etc, worth €0.79 for that anyway.
    Will have a further play later.

Yeah I decided I could blow those 79 cents as well :) The first version is a bit buggy in that it shows zero distance for the GC activities but I'm sure that will fixed in version 1.1.

Anyone notice that GC now lets you pick either Google or Bing maps, needless to say I won't be looking at Bing again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

opus wrote: »
    Yeah I decided I could blow those 79 cents as well :) The first version is a bit buggy in that it shows zero distance for the GC activities but I'm sure that will fixed in version 1.1.

Anyone notice that GC now lets you pick either Google or Bing maps, needless to say I won't be looking at Bing again!

Why not Bing ?

Advertisement