Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for nice restaurant for staff Christmas party?

Options
  • 26-10-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Need to organise a restaurant in Dublin city centre for approx 30 people, it's a staff Christmas party.

Had been planning on Odessa but only late sitting available on the night I want and that's not suitable. The plan would be to go out for a meal early (before anyone gets messy!) and then whoever wants to party on can do so later in the night.

Dont want anything themed or in a hotel, just a regular (but nice) restaurant.

I don't live in Dublin so am pretty stuck for ideas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Kind of depends on your price range etc but we went here one year
    http://luigimalones.com/

Fairly centrally located in Temple Bar and we really liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Good choice in Luigis in my own opinion, will see if they have availability.

Budget will be up to 50 euro a head.

Thanks.

Is Tante Zoes still open by the way? Can't seem to get on to their website and my email bounced back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Another vote for Luigi Malones,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

buzz55 wrote: »
    Is Tante Zoes still open by the way? Can't seem to get on to their website and my email bounced back to me.

Change of ownership a couple of years ago and is now imo - sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

FXB (www.fxb.ie/), there are a few in town and they do good menus for groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

The food in Luigi Malone's is pretty average, and it's not that cheap for what you get, so I would look somewhere else. If you want that sort of thing, Milanos would be better.

Yamamori do groups too, and they're quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Check out http://www.chameleonrestaurant.com/index.htm
    I ate in Chameleon a while back and it was amazing. They cater for large groups such as yours as well

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Recently ate in the Mona Lisa Bistro, and the food was nice. It's also fairly central. It's (literally) right next to a pub which you can book the upstairs part which can handle 30 quite easily. No connections to either, just that I was in both recently, and happy with the service.

Thanks for all replies. Luigis is not available for the night I want :(

Will check out the other places on the list, thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

Minier81 wrote: »
    FXB (www.fxb.ie/), there are a few in town and they do good menus for groups.

Looked on website and the Christmas dinner set menu is €37 for 3 course meal for anyone who is interested in price

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

We are also keeping an eye out for a restaurant for a Christmas party dinner. We work in Academia so budget is definitely a priority :o

We are looking for a restaurant in the city centre and price wise we would be thinking a set menu for around €30-€35.

Not interested in Luigi Malones as we were there 2 years ago and don't think it's great. Last year we went to The Farm on Dawson street and that was amazing but we want to go somewhere different this year

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Little Ceasars or Pizza Stop

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Chameleon is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shegull

http://www.fallonandbyrne.com/section/104

Good food located in Exchequer Street reasonably priced too

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Malone85

They aren't quite central but they are 5 mins from town, had a staff leaving do there a couple of weeks back in their private room upstairs, we had a dinner menu 4 courses at €29.75 which was a good price, the food was nice and having our own full bar was great. I'd recommend it for a christmas party...we wont be having one though because of the party afew weeks back :(

http://www.oconnellsdonnybrook.com/

Advertisement