Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Like the bestshop.eu? 3.50 shipping for EVERYTHING.

Well that can be a good thing or a bad thing.
    Depends whether you are buying a couple of kanger coils or an itaste 134 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Yeah,some guy on Ebay wanted £6.00 to send 1 meter of cellucotton,told him to stick it :)

Should have told him to wipe his azz with it ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Speaking of cellucotton has anyone used it yet? I saw they have it on ESI but it's sold out.

Is there any (non-vaping) shop that sells it in Ireland does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

rickyjb wrote: »
    Speaking of cellucotton has anyone used it yet? I saw they have it on ESI but it's sold out.

Is there any (non-vaping) shop that sells it in Ireland does anyone know?

I bought 10 feet of it on ebay to test it out. It's quite finicky to handle, not like cotton really. If you rub your fingers along it to straighten it out, you'll pull a good chunk off as it kinda snowballs and pulls more and more fibers as you go along it. I haven't really noticed a huge difference in flavour, however I haven't done a side by side comparison or anything. It seems to wick quite well, although in my Kayfun i just couldn't seem to get it right, and it would regularly dry-hit. I got a Fogger v4 yesterday, though, and it's wicking amazingly in that!

All-in-all I'd say get a short length to test for yourself! I'd really like to test some Japanese cotton myself but can't seem to find any that's not in the US or Japan... Anyone know where I can get some?

Here's where I got the Rayon btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I bought 10 feet of it on ebay to test it out. It's quite finicky to handle, not like cotton really. If you rub your fingers along it to straighten it out, you'll pull a good chunk off as it kinda snowballs and pulls more and more fibers as you go along it. I haven't really noticed a huge difference in flavour, however I haven't done a side by side comparison or anything. It seems to wick quite well, although in my Kayfun i just couldn't seem to get it right, and it would regularly dry-hit. I got a Fogger v4 yesterday, though, and it's wicking amazingly in that!

All-in-all I'd say get a short length to test for yourself! I'd really like to test some Japanese cotton myself but can't seem to find any that's not in the US or Japan... Anyone know where I can get some?

Maybe try muji,they have a japanese cosmetics section.

• Advertisement

Maybe try muji,they have a japanese cosmetics section.

Never heard of that site! Looks very interesting...

They have this and this, but I'm not sure if it's right or not. I'm looking particularly for KohGenDo that all the reviewers are raving about lately. The ones on Muji look like they could be similar but I wouldn't even know if they were right because I can't compare it to the KohGenDo... Hmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I got some Shiseido cotton pads (Japanese cotton) from Sam McCauly's on-line,they seem to be sold out now though but you could try your local shop or Pm me your address and I'll stick a few in the post for you.
    It's good stuff,wicks very well.

I got some Shiseido cotton pads (Japanese cotton) from Sam McCauly's on-line,they seem to be sold out now though but you could try your local shop or Pm me your address and I'll stick a few in the post for you.
    It's good stuff,wicks very well.

That would be amazing thanks! I'll PM you my address now.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

http://www.vapercaper.co.uk/collections/wick-and-wire/products/japanese-unbleached-cotton-pads-muji Free delivery from UK!

parttime wrote: »

Yep they're muji pads. You can get them in the muji shop on chatnam street.

• Advertisement

Yep they're muji pads. You can get them in the muji shop on chatnam street.

Yeah and I think there's like 140 pads in the pack from Muji!

I looked into the Muji pads and there's a fair bit of discussion on the UKVapers forum throughout this thread. Apparently they're the same as Koh Gen Do and a hell of a lot cheaper! Think I might venture in and grab a pack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

For the Mech Mod users,

Threw a few of these in the cart to check them out and they work perfectly,very handy for checking your battery levels on the go.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1222902

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Is it just me or are vendors going a bit mad on their shipping prices?,i mean i was on Vaporium earlier and it was 4 euro for shipping,bit steep.

Also a bit annoying with other vendors being charged 3.50 or so and then finding a 2.45 stamp on the envelope.

I get that the envelope costs money also,but they're not gold plated pieces of
    Packaging.

Just chiming in here, you'll find it's a 4euro flat rate for standard postage, it's also 5euro flat rate for registered shipping(which we suggest). We have found that many people order multiple items, and it works out better for everyone to charge a flat rate, as apposed to having everything weighed individually and having the postage charges update real time on the website when people add more items to their cart.

eeloe wrote: »
    Just chiming in here, you'll find it's a 4euro flat rate for standard postage, it's also 5euro flat rate for registered shipping(which we suggest). We have found that many people order multiple items, and it works out better for everyone to charge a flat rate, as apposed to having everything weighed individually and having the postage charges update real time on the website when people add more items to their cart.

I understand that,though a 30ml bottle has generally a standard standard weight which doesn't come to 4 euro for shipping or even two bottles. It's a fairly easy fix to implement a standard charge on the weight of a bottle of juice through the checkout or even a credit system. I'm not attacking the shop or anything,other vendors are just as guilty however the Vaporium seems to be taking the piss a little in comparison with other shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sheriff_os

Yeah and I think there's like 140 pads in the pack from Muji!

I looked into the Muji pads and there's a fair bit of discussion on the UKVapers forum throughout this thread. Apparently they're the same as Koh Gen Do and a hell of a lot cheaper! Think I might venture in and grab a pack!

I got my hands on some of these on Monday - loads of it in the pack, they cost under a fiver and I'm getting better flavor then the organic cotton pads I was using. Recommended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

jonski wrote: »

Liquidate,allow the court preceedings to take down healthier smoker and transfer all the assets and stock to a new company,smart move. Looks like we'll have Wicked shops popping up in place of healthier smoker.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

For the Mech Mod users,

Threw a few of these in the cart to check them out and they work perfectly,very handy for checking your battery levels on the go.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1222902

Be a lot easier than carrying my svd around to test them

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

Think I posted in the wrong thread, not sure. I'll post here too.

I'm looking to start vaping and quit cigarettes but I'm sorry, I'm very confused. There's a lot of jargon here.
    Which site would you recommend I shop with? I don't want to spend a whole pile of cash on something that might not work out for me, but I also don't want to buy some junk that would put me off this.
    I smoke about a 25g pouch of tobacco a week if not a bit more, so I'm spending about 15e. Is vaping cost effective? Will I be spending that much on the liquid, or more?

Just looking for some general help if you don't mind please.

My advice would be to buy a "starter kit" from a reputable Irish vendor.
    They come in many models and in many price ranges.

Please don't be tempted to buy something in a garage or supermarket, it will just put you off the whole idea, as generally they are cráp.
    I believe any "starter kits" from any of the following vendors will get you off to a good start.

www.ezsmoke.ie
    www.vapefreaks.com
    www.thebestshop.eu
    www.esmokeireland.eu

All of the above are genuine, honest and Irish based and you could expect next day delivery from any of them.

Oh and pick up some sample juices before committing to a flavour that you don't like.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

My advice would be to buy a "starter kit" from a reputable Irish vendor.
    They come in many models and in many price ranges.

Please don't be tempted to buy something in a garage or supermarket, it will just put you off the whole idea, as generally they are cráp.
    I believe any "starter kits" from any of the following vendors will get you off to a good start.
    All of the above are genuine, honest and Irish based and you could expect next day delivery from any of them.

Oh and pick up some sample juices before committing to a flavour that you don't like.

Hope this helps.

It does. I'll have a good look around. Thanks a lot!

Edit: is there a kit you would recommend?

For a beginner, I always recommend starting with something simple and just works. For that reason I never recommend variable voltage or variable wattage kits.

This is what I generally recommend to friends and family as I still use it myself, even though I've moved on to bigger and better mods.

Can't really go wrong for €18.99 and I love the H2 tanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

I'd just add there Neil, that those sites will ship same day if before 4-430 but if it's not there next day you can't always blame them, once it leaves their hands it's up to an post or the courier! Just hear a lot of people give out about vendors and delivery times! I'd also add that if you do go with that kit and enjoy vaping remember that the atomiser (the tank) is a cheap disposable and is nothing like using a proper tank, and if you do stick to it definitely grab yourself a tank! Try for bottom coil as they tend to taste much better! Best of luck with it though. Hope you can kick the fags.

For a beginner, I always recommend starting with something simple and just works. For that reason I never recommend variable voltage or variable wattage kits.

is what I generally recommend to friends and family as I still use it myself, even though I've moved on to bigger and better mods.

Can't really go wrong for €18.99 and I love the H2 tanks.

Yeah that looks pretty good. Great price too. I take it it doesn't come with liquid?
    Could I ask a few more questions?
    How long does it take to charge?
    Are there any parts of it that need replacing regularly?
    And when vaping, do I smoke it like a normal cig? ie. take 5 or 6 drags every couple of hours like I would when smoking?

Snake wrote: »
    I'd just add there Neil, that those sites will ship same day if before 4-430 but if it's not there next day you can't always blame them, once it leaves their hands it's up to an post or the courier! Just hear a lot of people give out about vendors and delivery times! I'd also add that if you do go with that kit and enjoy vaping remember that the atomiser (the tank) is a cheap disposable and is nothing like using a proper tank, and if you do stick to it definitely grab yourself a tank! Try for bottom coil as they tend to taste much better! Best of luck with it though. Hope you can kick the fags.

I'll bear that in mind. And do I get the tank for this H2? Or is it a separate device once I know I like it?

The tank has replaceable heating elements, they cost about €1.80 each, but you should get about a week out of each one. It comes with one already installed and ready to go. Just need to fill it with e-liquid.

90% of the time I get next day delivery from these vendors, so long as the order is in before about 2pm.

irishsid wrote: »
    Yeah that looks pretty good. Great price too. I take it it doesn't come with liquid?
    Could I ask a few more questions?
    How long does it take to charge?
    Are there any parts of it that need replacing regularly?
    And when vaping, do I smoke it like a normal cig? ie. take 5 or 6 drags every couple of hours like I would when smoking?

Battery comes with it's own charger and takes about 2 hours to fully charge.
    Heating element or "coil" need replacing about once a week.
    Looooong slow drags as opposed to a regular cigarette.

You would need to buy liquid also.

Ok, so I've got the H2, the case, a needle bottle, I'm just choosing the liquid (might get the sample pack).
    So you're saying I should get an extra coil or two now? I don't want it dying then having to wait for one to arrive and start smoking rollies again.

lol, yeah forgot that. the crucial part.

Spares, Spares, Spares :P

Don't leave yourself stuck, that said, if you try it and like it, you can just bang in an order for spare coils and maybe a spare battery after a few days.

• Advertisement

HA.
    Silly question, how will I know when the coils or batteries are on the way out?

Advertisement