Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Try keep the costs as low as possible to begin with, but after a couple of days, if you find it's doing the biz for you, then order a pack of coils (I'd go for the 2.2ohm to start.

A spare battery is great, charge one as your using the other. You should get almost a day out of a battery. Really depends on how much you use it.

Car charger is a must too, if you drive. You can charge a second battery on the way to and from work.

irishsid wrote: »
    HA.
    Silly question, how will I know when the coils or batteries are on the way out?

When the coil is on it's way out, it will start to give a weak vape. Same goes for battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

Right, ok. I'll stick with the kit and some liquid and see how it goes for a couple of days then.
    Thanks very much for you help everyone. I'll come back and let you know what I think.

Right, ok. I'll stick with the kit and some liquid and see how it goes for a couple of days then.
    Thanks very much for you help everyone. I'll come back and let you know what I think.

Very best of luck mate, one of the best decisions you will ever make!!
    I started off vaping on the things that look like a cigarette, but the H2 kit just blows these out of the water. Cheap to buy, really cheap to maintain and the kick out of them is awesome.

Let us know how you get on.

Very best of luck mate, one of the best decisions you will ever make!!
    I started off vaping on the things that look like a cigarette, but the H2 kit just blows these out of the water. Cheap to buy, really cheap to maintain and the kick out of them is awesome.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers, kinda excited about it now ha.
    So are these things still legal to smoke in public like bars or planes?

• Advertisement

Planes, I don't think so.
    Bars, mostly yeah, just ask first has been my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Think I posted in the wrong thread, not sure. I'll post here too.

I'm looking to start vaping and quit cigarettes but I'm sorry, I'm very confused. There's a lot of jargon here.
    Which site would you recommend I shop with? I don't want to spend a whole pile of cash on something that might not work out for me, but I also don't want to buy some junk that would put me off this.
    I smoke about a 25g pouch of tobacco a week if not a bit more, so I'm spending about 15e. Is vaping cost effective? Will I be spending that much on the liquid, or more?

Just looking for some general help if you don't mind please.

Irishsid,I would personally recommend getting a variable voltage setup,you will need to vape between 3.7v & 5v.Most tanks will perform great at these voltages.Some eliquids need to have a higher voltage setting to get the perfect taste for you,some batteries & some tanks are good for some people & not good for others.I started on a Umax (similar to a Vmax) which had 3.0v to 6.0v,which I needed desperately because I was on 150g of Golden Virginia.
    This all sounds a bit too much for a newbie,there is a new ecig reviewer from Scotland who does reviews for newbies only,you will learn a lot from him,if you are anywhere near me,you could call in & try some vaping & see what it is like,anyway,look at this video on youtube & follow his videos from this one,don't bother looking at his earlier videos,start at this one & go forward,good luck....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXh1hebvh5A&list=PLetTP-xlhMvtgaddSiZRbo4Xa3jnQJXfU

Is there anyone out there like me that loves iclear 30,they sell here for €3.90 each & free shipping.

http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=382

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Irishsid,I would personally recommend getting a variable voltage setup,you will need to vape between 3.7v & 5v.Most tanks will perform great at these voltages.Some eliquids need to have a higher voltage setting to get the perfect taste for you,some batteries & some tanks are good for some people & not good for others.I started on a Umax (similar to a Vmax) which had 3.0v to 6.0v,which I needed desperately because I was on 150g of Golden Virginia.
    This all sounds a bit too much for a newbie,there is a new ecig reviewer from Scotland who does reviews for newbies only,you will learn a lot from him,if you are anywhere near me,you could call in & try some vaping & see what it is like,anyway,look at this video on youtube & follow his videos from this one,don't bother looking at his earlier videos,start at this one & go forward,good luck....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXh1hebvh5A&list=PLetTP-xlhMvtgaddSiZRbo4Xa3jnQJXfU

Variable voltage is extremely difficult for newbies to get a hold of and can be frustrating when you're first starting.

Snake wrote: »
    Variable voltage is extremely difficult for newbies to get a hold of and can be frustrating when you're first starting.

Ha Ha I know,my first vape was 6.0v thinking I need as high as possible to get that big hit,you can imagine my face when I did that,it was something out of the cartoons.:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Ha Ha I know,my first vape was 6.0v thinking I need as high as possible to get that big hit,you can imagine my face when I did that,it was something out of the cartoons.:D:D:D:D:D

Needs no explanation, like taking a bite of a dead rotten rat LOL

First VV battery I used I badly burnt 2 coils in quick succession before I copped that I had the voltage set too high. Could never get the burnt taste out of them after :o

First VV battery I used I badly burnt 2 coils in quick succession before I copped that I had the voltage set too high. Could never get the burnt taste out of them after :o

Yeah you won't remove the burnt taste from a burnt coil xD it's like trying to unburn toast

It's here!! But no instructions. I've put it on charge, but the light is green. Did it come pre charged? I've filled up the liquid and ready to go otherwise. Very impressed with the delivery speed anyway .

Any liquids you recommend? I got the virginia one and the US one as my first two samples. Might try some others before commiting to a 100ml.
    What are you favourite tobacco / flavour ones?

It's here!! But no instructions. I've put it on charge, but the light is green. Did it come pre charged? I've filled up the liquid and ready to go otherwise. Very impressed with the delivery speed anyway .

What setup did you go for in the end?

What setup did you go for in the end?

I went for the H2. Really liking it so far. Haven't smoked or had the urge to today so I'm pretty optimistic about it.
    I ordered another battery and a pack of 5 coils today because I think I'm going to be sticking with it.

Found it hard to get used to at first. I read how to smoke it by holding the vapour in your mouth for a few seconds first and then through the nose. But still hard to take it into my lungs.

With the H2 am I still supposed to take a 5-8 second drag? Or is that just for ecigs without the button?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Reminder to all Vendors. Please read the charter. Do not advertise your products or attempt to answer questions about your business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I went for the H2. Really liking it so far. Haven't smoked or had the urge to today so I'm pretty optimistic about it.
    I ordered another battery and a pack of 5 coils today because I think I'm going to be sticking with it.

Found it hard to get used to at first. I read how to smoke it by holding the vapour in your mouth for a few seconds first and then through the nose. But still hard to take it into my lungs.

With the H2 am I still supposed to take a 5-8 second drag? Or is that just for ecigs without the button?

8 seconds, you will turn blue :D you can if you like mind , i find 3-4 seconds does me fine, if you find you are having a craving (never did myself after first few days) then you could do a few extended draws and hold the vapour in other than that puff away as you like

masonchat wrote: »
    8 seconds, you will turn blue :D you can if you like mind , i find 3-4 seconds does me fine, if you find you are having a craving (never did myself after first few days) then you could do a few extended draws and hold the vapour in other than that puff away as you like

Lightweight... I find the 10 second cut off is a hindrance :(

• Advertisement

Snake wrote: »
    Lightweight... I find the 10 second cut off is a hindrance :(
    I just timed my self :D i can manage 10 seconds on a lung inhale but cant do more than 5 seconds with a mouth inhale which is what i do majority of the time , unless im showing off with my RDA

I take it it's something I'll get used to over the next week or so? I'm coughing like a little b here. Got a sore nose/throat and it's sore exhaling the vapour through my nose.
    But I haven't even had an urge to smoke a ciggy yet, so I've got that going for me :)

I take it it's something I'll get used to over the next week or so? I'm coughing like a little b here. Got a sore nose/throat and it's sore exhaling the vapour through my nose.
    But I haven't even had an urge to smoke a ciggy yet, so I've got that going for me :)

Do you inhale straight into the lung as if breathing in ? this will make anyone splutter at the start as the vapour takes getting used to that will pass.

I have on occasion had a sore throat , but normally after drinking when i just have puffed non stop on a device that gives hot vapour.

what strenght nicotine are you using , the nicotine provides a lot of the throat hit , as does high pg , again probably something you will get use to .but if not you could lower nicotine or get a higher vg juice ( i would give it time before adjusting either though)

If you are using a device you can adjust i.e vv or vw turn it down that will also help

And dont exhale through nose so much for now if its hurting :D , Most likely you are just a bit raw from the switch over and will be fine and blowing cloud size puffs in couple of days

Do you inhale straight into the lung as if breathing in ? this will make anyone splutter at the start as the vapour takes getting used to that will pass.

I have on occasion had a sore throat , but normally after drinking when i just have puffed non stop on a device that gives hot vapour.

what strenght nicotine are you using , the nicotine provides a lot of the throat hit , as does high pg , again probably something you will get use to .but if not you could lower nicotine or get a higher vg juice ( i would give it time before adjusting either though)

If you are using a device you can adjust i.e vv or vw turn it down that will also help

And dont exhale through nose so much for now if its hurting :D , Most likely you are just a bit raw from the switch over and will be fine and blowing cloud size puffs in couple of days

Awesome! Have never lung inhaled anything, didn't know people did that :/
    Judy mouth intake and trying to take some into my lungs bit by bit. I'm using 18mg samples atm so will find one I like.
    I'll give my nose a rest then xD

I started on 24mg nic as most do , and found i didnt need it at all went to 18 then down to 12 after a month will no effects currently use between 3mg-9mg use the 9 when havin a drink.

but when i try 18mg now its like being assualted :D

I started on 24mg nic as most do , and found i didnt need it at all went to 18 then down to 12 after a month will no effects currently use between 3mg-9mg use the 9 when havin a drink.

but when i try 18mg now its like being assualted :D

Could be why then! The samples are only in 18mg though :(

Dont get me wrong 18 is a good place to start for any ex pack a day smoker, and i would bet money you totally adjust in matter of days it just takes a little getting use to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

Don't forget to drink extra when starting vaping as it does dehydrate your mouth and throat .

Good tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Made my first successful micro coil today. I have never been able to make them due to being all thumbs etc

I had given up and sold my rebuildables until I was given a kayfun mini when I purchased a microstick. I got a coiling gizmo from amazon and it worked a treat. Had it done in about 8 minutes! Delighted with myself :)

Advertisement