Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

ardle1 wrote: »
    FB=Weak=Easily Led=Vulnerable=Captive:o
    Boards=Strong=Leaders=Decisive=Non Captive:cool:

Eh but could we please have some offers/discounts:(

Check here Vendors list

There are very strict rules about advertising a company/product on here, not so much on F.B. I'm one of the sheep :cool: that's part of the group and it's a bit of a laugh and there's some nice free stuff, competitions and trading being done on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Anybody else having problems getting Paypal to work on EZsmoke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yeah... bit of a stupid risk on my part but almost everyone seems to love Frankenvape.

I vape mostly tobacco flavours but like Bubber Bounty also. Trying to find a palatable 'dessert vape'.

Ok, got this today. Risk not rewarded, tis rotten. :(

Surprised so many like this. Yeah, marketing.is good but not much more to be said. Made me feel sick pretty quick as many fruity or overly complex dessert vapes tend to do. Also, as pBusardo humorously pointed out in his review, no safety cap or spout bit (I used a pipette to fill clearo).

Really have to stick to trying before buying in B and Ms. Vaporium have lots of really interesting liquids id like to try but not going through this again. Wish their 'fancy' brands had sample packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Ok, got this today. Risk not rewarded, tis rotten. :(

Surprised so many like this. Yeah, marketing.is good but not much more to be said. Made me feel sick pretty quick as many fruity or overly complex dessert vapes tend to do. Also, as pBusardo humorously pointed out in his review, no safety cap or spout bit (I used a pipette to fill clearo).

Really have to stick to trying before buying in B and Ms. Vaporium have lots of really interesting liquids id like to try but not going through this again. Wish their 'fancy' brands had sample packs.

I was told from one of the Vaporium bros that they are replacing the 15ml bottles to 30ml,unless we have already tried them,it will be costly to try new ones out,maybe they will think again.

Here is a interesting new video from Grimgreen about the IPV2,he is late putting out this video.
    Very interesting info on the wattage,ohms & volts,he says these IPV2 are not really suitable for sub ohming,part of the video is about infinite clt dripper at 1.9 ohms & vaping at over 8 volts on it,very similar to sub ohming at 1.9ohms,have a look...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0j2avuBcL0&index=2&list=UUcTfQohClxDpYDBCnuS1azQ

• Advertisement

I was told from one of the Vaporium bros that they are replacing the 15ml bottles to 30ml,unless we have already tried them,it will be costly to try new ones out,maybe they will think again.

The Frankenvape was only in 30ml! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

he says these IPV2 are not really suitable for sub ohming[/url]

Not that they're unsuitable, just that it works best from 0.4 to 1.4ohm.

He's mistaken on the amps-drawn aspect. Regulation does come with safety features but in order to boost the voltage more current is being drawn and the higher the voltage is boosted, the less efficient the regulator becomes, the more amps need to be drawn to provide the set voltage.
    His 8v powering a 1.7ohm coil to 37w looks on paper like it would draw 4.7A but it's drawing over 9.9A when the battery is fresh and more than 14A when the battery is nearly empty. He's actually drawing more than that because he's not using an 8v battery, he's using one that starts at 4.2v and ends at 3.2v, so efficiency will be lower than the maximum 93% that the IPV V2's chip can manage.
    He makes it sound like you could use a 10A battery to reach 50w, which is irresponsible (e.g. "you're drawing only 4.whatever amps, which is safer!").

Keeping a battery regulated to 4v or around that is the ideal for both the battery (that can handle it) and the regulator. I'm not saying that people shouldn't build for or boost voltage outside of those zones (I'm currently firing 0.9ohm @ 5.8v), just that that's the theoretical ideal for maximising the efficiency of devices and batteries based around 3.7v.
    Whatever wattage you want to reach, try to make it happen around the battery's natural voltage if you really want to reduce the strain on the battery and the regulator.

grindle wrote: »
    Not that they're unsuitable, just that it works best from 0.4 to 1.4ohm.

He's mistaken on the amps-drawn aspect. Regulation does come with safety features but in order to boost the voltage more current is being drawn and the higher the voltage is boosted, the less efficient the regulator becomes, the more amps need to be drawn to provide the set voltage.
    His 8v powering a 1.7ohm coil to 37w looks on paper like it would draw 4.7A but it's drawing over 9.9A when the battery is fresh and more than 14A when the battery is nearly empty. He's actually drawing more than that because he's not using an 8v battery, he's using one that starts at 4.2v and ends at 3.2v, so efficiency will be lower than the maximum 93% that the IPV V2's chip can manage.
    He makes it sound like you could use a 10A battery to reach 50w, which is irresponsible (e.g. "you're drawing only 4.whatever amps, which is safer!").

Keeping a battery regulated to 4v or around that is the ideal for both the battery (that can handle it) and the regulator. I'm not saying that people shouldn't build for or boost voltage outside of those zones (I'm currently firing 0.9ohm @ 5.8v), just that that's the theoretical ideal for maximising the efficiency of devices and batteries based around 3.7v.
    Whatever wattage you want to reach, try to make it happen around the battery's natural voltage if you really want to reduce the strain on the battery and the regulator.

The way you put it sounds clearer to me now,he never mentions the min & max volts from the battery as you stated,how do you find the IPV2 on sub ohms & clearo's,I'm going to purchase 2 box mods,which ones,I don't know yet,the mods with 2 x 18650 seems to be a waste of battery life as they are not parallel,I'm thinking,do I really need a 100w mod,I reckon 20 to 50w should manage sub ohms & also suit a clearo of sorts,the mod must have that yieha chip from China,is it an sx300 or sx330,one of them should do the trick.has anybody got any recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

I like the new box mods coming out, finally got my head around to buying one too.

The IPV2 seems a little too big, by that I mean too much wasted space over and below the 18650 battery, the Hanamods looks a little neater but I cant afforrd €220 for one and the Fasttech ones seems to be hit or miss with chip blowouts according to the forum on FT.
    Shark DNA again a bit pricey.
    What else is there?

Im waiting for a dual 18350 ones that's half the size.

Is there anywhere besides ESI I can get some Extreme Menthol (Sold Out the last couple of weeks)?
    Even thought about getting the crystals, but leisure liquids are out of them at the moment too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

platinums wrote: »
    Even thought about getting the crystals, but leisure liquids are out of them at the moment too..
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/JustIngredients-Menthol-Crystals-250-g/dp/B00I9X2G5C/

• Advertisement

I purchased an IPV2 last night on ebay.ie,its the latest one with a spring loaded 510 pin & the door screws are changed to hex screws,the yiyi chip can now work at .15ohms & the touch button has been improved,including a free VTC4 battery,it cost €98 through Paypal,the Uk pound has got alot stronger now or the Euro has got weaker,if it goes any lower,some things wouldn't be worth buying in the Uk.
    The next & last box mod is going to be the istick or the elvt & thats it,no more I hope.

platinums wrote: »

Is there anywhere besides ESI I can get some Extreme Menthol (Sold Out the last couple of weeks)?

Ecovape in Bray has some in but he hasn't got a website. But if you are anywhere in Dublin its only a spin out on the DART.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Anyone on here have a vision spinner 2?

I've seen them advertised in the window of a shop for €20 but I read somewhere they have problems charging and aren't great quality in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

EGriff wrote: »

I've seen them advertised in the window of a shop for €20 but I read somewhere they have problems charging and aren't great quality in general.

Lots of fakes around as well I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

According to the forum page I was reading the fakes are actually better because they charge all the way in one go. Apparently some problem with the genuine ones means they charge about half way then stop and you have to plug them out and in again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

EGriff wrote: »

I have a Vision Spinner 2. Have it about 3 weeks now. I am charging it with an old ego charger which seems to work fine, with some provisos..

1. It take forever to charge...anywhere from 3-5 hours being normal. Sometimes to get it to finish I have to disconnect from charger and re-connect, it then takes 20 mins to finish and the light on the charge goes green.

2. I vape with this 99% of the time around 4v or less, I would say I am a moderate vaper. I get approx a day's use out of a full charge.

3. Today I had it in my pocket with a Nautilus attached (over 200mm in length!) and the Spinner top came away from the body, I was able to reattach but it will need some super glue to make good.

Overall not very impressed....

Have just bought an i-stick and also looking at the Vamo V6 to replace..

pueblo wrote: »
    I have a Vision Spinner 2. Have it about 3 weeks now. I am charging it with an old ego charger which seems to work fine, with some provisos..

1. It take forever to charge...anywhere from 3-5 hours being normal. Sometimes to get it to finish I have to disconnect from charger and re-connect, it then takes 20 mins to finish and the light on the charge goes green.

2. I vape with this 99% of the time around 4v or less, I would say I am a moderate vaper. I get approx a day's use out of a full charge.

3. Today I had it in my pocket with a Nautilus attached (over 200mm in length!) and the Spinner top came away from the body, I was able to reattach but it will need some super glue to make good.

Overall not very impressed....

Have just bought an i-stick and also looking at the Vamo V6 to replace..

Where did you buy the istick,I'm looking for one,all the sites I have seen is pre-order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Would anyone here say that enjoying a nice Cuban cigar would say that I'm back smoking? Just want to get a general idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

Would anyone here say that enjoying a nice Cuban cigar would say that I'm back smoking? Just want to get a general idea.

Poker night last Saturday , one of the lads brought us back cigars from Malta , I had one , enjoyed it , and I'm not looking to smoke a cigarette .

I think you'll find plenty that enjoy the odd cigar and don't consider themselves smokers .

Where did you buy the istick,I'm looking for one,all the sites I have seen is pre-order.

I should have said pre-order not bought :rolleyes:..

I got it from esmokeireland.eu €42

• Advertisement

slippery and slope are the 2 words that come to mind...

You smoked one cigar so no. If you were to follow that one cigar with a pack of whatever you smoked before. Then got up and smoked the same again then yes.

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    You smoked one cigar so no. If you were to follow that one cigar with a pack of whatever you smoked before. Then got up and smoked the same again then yes.

This is what my gf was afraid of. I researched beforehand and found that the whole cigar process is fascinating and that if it's a real Cuban then nothing extra is added to the leaves

This is what my gf was afraid of. I researched beforehand and found that the whole cigar process is fascinating and that if it's a real Cuban then nothing extra is added to the leaves

Just stick to Cubans. How often are you going to get the chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Are the prices in e-smokeireland's Palmerstown shop the same as online and do they give discounts?

Are the prices in e-smokeireland's Palmerstown shop the same as online and do they give discounts?

Some are Wingnuts for example, some aren't G2 liquids are dearer in store. Hardware I don't know and afaik no discount I could be corrected on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

boards' for a 10% discount

It's on the vendors list

http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

Read that wrong, damn beer goggles :)

Apparently a cigar delivers 100x the amount of nic a cigarette does. Partial to them myself though. Great with a whisky. What did you have?

Apparently a cigar delivers 100x the amount of nic a cigarette does. Partial to them myself though. Great with a whisky. What did you have?

Just had a look there about that side of things, pretty worrying if it worried me but as i smoked for about 10 years then i'll be alright.

Had a King Julian, had a look for one there and the friend who bought it for me he said it was a cuban but i cant find it anywhere. Ah well, it was a good cigar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

One month smoke free today! Thanks for helping me get set up !

I upgraded the battery to a spinner 2, now I'm looking for a good tank. Preferably single coil, or can take the single coils I've already bought. And nothing massive, something that wouldn't look out of place on my spare ego batteries..

Any suggestions? Been looking at the natilis and kanger minis but they seem to have some wired coils.

Advertisement