Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I dont understand why you need 150 Watts though? I mean the MVP only goes to 11 and that does me quite happily?

Got my Kato today. Looks awesome. Batteries should be here tomorrow so will have my first blast of a mod... Not even sure what to expect with that! I mean, how do you know what volts or watts or whatever it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I dont understand why you need 150 Watts though? I mean the MVP only goes to 11 and that does me quite happily?

Got my Kato today. Looks awesome. Batteries should be here tomorrow so will have my first blast of a mod... Not even sure what to expect with that! I mean, how do you know what volts or watts or whatever it is?

The battery will dictate the volts, most run at 3.7V dropping as they run down.
    Use an ohms law calculator to find the watts your vaping. You'll need to know the res of the coil though so test that on a mod that shows res or get a coil testing thing... or whatever they are really called.

e.g. a 2 ohm coil on a 3.7 battery will give near 7 watts, 6.85.
    http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

Awesome, thanks.

I ordered the EFest IMR's:
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/efest18650.htm

It does say 3.7v actually...

i'm making my own coils now and do have a ohms reader so will definitely have a gander at that website - cheers.

Edit
    My current coil is 2.3 ohms so that would give me around 7 watts in the Kato. Interesting! I guess resistance of your coils becomes much more important once you start with mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I bought the Kato for sub ohming,around .03 or .04 ohms,I couldn't believe that a Kayfun 1.9 coil which I had lying around would be any good on this mod,I tried it for the crac & it was a satisfying vape,my plan is to run .04 coil on a Kayfun & the difference will be vast.
    The only prob I have with mech mods is the amount of time you have with the 3.7v,the vaping starts off great & gets worse as you vape on,the battery gets weaker & so the vape gets weaker,thats why I am more interested in regulated mod boxes now,I may have alot of mechs for sale soon.

Awesome, thanks.

I ordered the EFest IMR's:
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/efest18650.htm

It does say 3.7v actually...

i'm making my own coils now and do have a ohms reader so will definitely have a gander at that website - cheers.

All my 18650 batteries have a 30 or 35 amp protection,you never know when you might need bigger amps,the difference in price is only about a euro.

• Advertisement

Hmnh. Well, I have two batteries on route so guess they can be swapped around if'n it wanes.

Kato looks awesome, can't wait to start using it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I bought the Kato for sub ohming,around .03 or .04 ohms

Do you mean 0.3 or are you really making coils at 0.03?

EGriff wrote: »
    Do you mean 0.3 or are you really making coils at 0.03?

HaHa... you're right,I get my dots & noughts all mixed up,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any Irish companies that are going to stock the innokin svd2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I bought the Kato for sub ohming,around .03 or .04 ohms,I couldn't believe that a Kayfun 1.9 coil which I had lying around would be any good on this mod,I tried it for the crac & it was a satisfying vape,my plan is to run .04 coil on a Kayfun & the difference will be vast.
    The only prob I have with mech mods is the amount of time you have with the 3.7v,the vaping starts off great & gets worse as you vape on,the battery gets weaker & so the vape gets weaker,thats why I am more interested in regulated mod boxes now,I may have alot of mechs for sale soon.

Be careful when going low res on a Kayfun,I think the insulators can melt at anything under 0.5 ohms.

• Advertisement

Be careful when going low res on a Kayfun,I think the insulators can melt at anything under 0.5 ohms.

Thanks for that tip,something I never thought of,I am the type of vapor that uses many devices with different juices,it would be a minimum of 30mins by the time I get back to the first device & then go round them again,I do save on coils by doing it this way,so far this year,I have thrown out 2 coils & I do clean & dry burn certain coils frequently.Maybe it's a mad way of vaping :D:D
    Vaping has become a hobby now & I do like new stuff that comes out & shiny things,still cheaper & healthier than analogues.

It's alive!!

I see that Kernowvapes has closed down....don't know why

http://www.kernowvapes.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=2086835

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rc015

I bought a starter kit in Tom Stanley's Vaping dog stand in Blanchardstown, Dublin . I was told there was a 6 month warranty on the battery in case there were any problems.

Over the last couple of days I've been unable to connect my battery to my charger, it just wouldn't twist in properly and wouldn't charge so I brought it back to see what the issue was. I thought If it was the charger Id just get a new one no problem, if it was the battery I was under the impression I'd get a new one under my 'warrant'.

I brought it back to the shop to see what the issue was, I was told by the man who works there that the threads had gone on the battery so I assumed this was covered by warranty but he rudely told me that it was own fault . If by my own fault he means that I used it for 3 weeks and then it stopped then yeh he was right.

I was then told a story about how he crashed his car on the first day of buying it and that he tried his luck in getting a refund as if to suggest I broke it and was looking for a new one.

I was just wondering If I'm in the wrong here for assuming I was due a new battery ? Or if anyone else on here has had dealings with this guy ??

I am sure he said when I bought it that I would have a 6 month warranty but he backtracked to say it was only a month not realising that I'd only bought it three weeks ago .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I would go with a tried and tested setup like a vision spinner and a nautilus. That's what I'm using atm, after trying a rake of various setups iclears, protanks, evods. This is whats working best for me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

rc015 wrote: »
    I bought a starter kit in Tom Stanley's Vaping dog stand in Blanchardstown, Dublin . I was told there was a 6 month warranty on the battery in case there were any problems.

Over the last couple of days I've been unable to connect my battery to my charger, it just wouldn't twist in properly and wouldn't charge so I brought it back to see what the issue was. I thought If it was the charger Id just get a new one no problem, if it was the battery I was under the impression I'd get a new one under my 'warrant'.

I brought it back to the shop to see what the issue was, I was told by the man who works there that the threads had gone on the battery so I assumed this was covered by warranty but he rudely told me that it was own fault . If by my own fault he means that I used it for 3 weeks and then it stopped then yeh he was right.

I was then told a story about how he crashed his car on the first day of buying it and that he tried his luck in getting a refund as if to suggest I broke it and was looking for a new one.

I was just wondering If I'm in the wrong here for assuming I was due a new battery ? Or if anyone else on here has had dealings with this guy ??

I am sure he said when I bought it that I would have a 6 month warranty but he backtracked to say it was only a month not realising that I'd only bought it three weeks ago .

If the threads had gone on the battery then its a cheap sh1t piece of junk and you should have got a replacement or your money back.

Yeh, after only 3 weeks use !!

It was only a starter kit & cost 35 quid and I was always using it to see if I liked vaping & to buy something more expensive down the line It's just the principle of the whole thing.

He was incredibly rude & his suggestion that it was my fault really just made my blood boil . I'm mainly just putting it in here as a warning to others who might buy from this guy

rc015 wrote: »
    Yeh, after only 3 weeks use !!

It was only a starter kit & cost 35 quid and I was always using it to see if I liked vaping & to buy something more expensive down the line It's just the principle of the whole thing.

He was incredibly rude & his suggestion that it was my fault really just made my blood boil . I'm mainly just putting it in here as a warning to others who might buy from this guy

I would go back & ask to see the organ grinder & not the monkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

A very overpriced piece of junk but they will tell you that it was user error if the threads are gone.
    Cross threading is something to look out for on any device,always make sure your threads are like up properly especially with softer metals like copper.
    Your best bet would be to go to a proper B&M store and avoid those franchise stalls and shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

You're not that far from e-smoke Irelands B+M shop in Palmerstown go into them they'll set you up nicely and for the same amount of money.

• Advertisement

I would go back & ask to see the organ grinder & not the monkey.

I think he was the organ grinder ...

I think the way those guys work is they buy into a franchise & set up stall in little shops etc.

I don't care about the money It's just annoying to be treated that way as a customer seeing as I've spent a few bob going back buying liquids off him etc.

No biggie anyway, just learned a lesson. Defo will look into the shop in palmerstown cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I was that person too went into their shop in Dun Laoghaire and spent 60 quid getting set up. Just by chance seen and went into Eco Vape in Bray and haven't looked back. E-smoke Ireland are a great bunch too all vapers and they have everything you could want from great juices to equipment to suit everyone. My advice stay away from the frachises they'll just rip you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

is it possible to buy just the base of a Nautilus? I dropped mine and the end bit came off and the airflow ring was lose, something fell out but couldnt find it. Still have the small spring. Got it back together but the airflow ring is fair loose.

anyone know if is it possible to buy just the base?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Smacs89 wrote: »
    is it possible to buy just the base of a Nautilus? I dropped mine and the end bit came off and the airflow ring was lose, something fell out but couldnt find it. Still have the small spring. Got it back together but the airflow ring is fair loose.

anyone know if is it possible to buy just the base?

Only place I can find one is on the aspire site for $9, no idea what the postage will be http://online.aspirecig.com/aspire-nautilus-accessories-p-74.html

Edit: yeah $19 shipping, might as well just buy an entire unit, and have spare other bits:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 interested beaver

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy my dad an E-cigarette for Christmas. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy my dad an E-cigarette for Christmas. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
    Thanks!

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspirespin.htm

Comes with a free bottle of juice but you have to specify which one from a choice of Cigarillos, Guevara, Puros, Virginia Prime, Minotaur, Reserve, Chivalry or Eden.
    Most would probably recommend Cigarillos, it's good tack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I was checking the authenticity of a new Nautilus mini and i noticed Aspire have released a new product - The Atlantis:

http://www.aspirecig.com/products/Atlantis/

I will be interested in seeing some Youtube reviews of it as i love the Nautilus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hmmm, interesting.
    This next generation tank system brings improved adjustable airflow and Sub Ohm (0.5) coils that provides performance similar to even the best rebuildable atomizer. By enhancing Aspire's Bottom Vertical Coil design Vapers will experience better taste and vapor production.

Aspire selling sub ohm batteries too: http://www.aspirecig.com/products/MOD/mod185.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I was checking the authenticity of a new Nautilus mini and i noticed Aspire have released a new product - The Atlantis:

http://www.aspirecig.com/products/Atlantis/

I will be interested in seeing some Youtube reviews of it as i love the Nautilus.

Looks very much like the Beyond Vape Silo tank...

The Silo

Silo1_1024x1024.jpg

The Atlantis

2-1411031325105Q.jpg

• Advertisement

I've been using the Clouper ZNA 50 for the past week,I have heard things about the Clouper chip,so I kept a close eye on it,everything is still working 100%,the only glitch that I have found is the display screen periodically turns itself on & then goes out after 2 minutes,I can live with that.

Advertisement