Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

USB pass-through EGO battery received today - no more staring at the charging light for me at work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Anyone on here used an eGrip yet? Can they be got from any Irish shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

EGriff wrote: »
    Anyone on here used an eGrip yet? Can they be got from any Irish shops?

I haven't seen them advertised here yet but it's a cool little device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

'Vape' chosen as word of the year
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1118/660428-vape/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

Back to that Wicked E-pen ( never have to recharge ) things we were talking about last week .

I e-mailed them to try and get more info
    Hi John,
    Thank you for your interest in the Wicked E-Tech pen. The pen has a variable voltage design and our juices are tailor made to perform best with our new pen. There is no charge point in the pen as there is no charge required. The charge will last from the moment you purchase it till the moment you replace it! Hope this helps.
    Hi again ,
    That still doesn't give me any indication as to how long the battery will last , do ye have any idea ?
    Hi John,
    Thanks again for your query - The pen comes with a 1 year guarantee. So for a least 1 year there is no charging required.We hope that answers your question

And that is what they are claiming .

• Advertisement

Jaysus, is he a politician?

He doesn't seem to know much about the technology or he would have given a better answer than that.
    Or maybe it's that the battery will last a year so they won't be charging you for another one.

Lets say the average person uses 1500mah a day, that's on the low side imo.

So in a year that would be 547,500mah.... from what looks like a 900mah ego. Must be magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Lets say the average person uses 1500mah a day, that's on the low side imo.

So in a year that would be 547,500mah.... from what looks like a 900mah ego. Must be magic.

Witchcraft, no wonder they call it wicked ejuice! In league with the devil they are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Maybe they send you a new battery everyday for a year?

It seems to me that something like that would completely change the face of the battery industry and therefore it would be a technology that would have made the news yet none of us have heard anything even remotely resembling it .

The onus is always on the person making the wild claim for proof of same , and you can't expect people to hand over the money first before that claim has been proven .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

It must be solar powered : - )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Totally spurious, unbelievably so. Forgot nuclear power reactors - we've got these little ****ing things!

Its just unbelievable. Is this not the company that had to close down due to copyright infringement? So, after coming back from the brink they then have the gall to market a magic battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Glow in the dark vape pen , only drawback is the user glows in the dark as well after using it

masonchat wrote: »

Not much good in Ireland so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

masonchat wrote: »

I suspect it some variation of induction charge, you place it on a mat to charge. Otherwise I'm calling bulsh*t on this magic battery. If a ego sized battery can last a year without charging, Nissan Leafs would be better than flux capacitor fitted DeLoriens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Just received my Slug mod clone from Puff Palace:
    http://www.puffpalaceuk.com/product/steel-punk-slug-clone

Also bought a bag of Koh gen do from them, 100 sheets for £11.
    I'm sorted for wicks now until 2022 or something.

I can report service was quick as was email communication (as the website wouldn't process a direct order to Ireland). Also postage was actual. Top marks and I recommend this vendor.

Slug mod is absolutely beautiful BTW, feels fantastic 'in the hand' and hits 'like your drunken uncle at your sisters wedding', as the Vaping Bogan said recently.

Yeah , I do like the look of the Slug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Extra 5% Savings at Fasttech

New Coupon Code XMAS14

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Whats the diff between BDC and BVC currently running an Aspire BDC getting a decent cloud but feels lacking compared to my nautilus. Which was the third Nautilus i broke so i gave up on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Day and night. The bottom vertical coil setup is what you want. The dual coil system is flawed and restricts airflow. Lots of places have them. I get mine from http://e-cigaretteshop.eu/en/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

You can also buy the steel tank to replace the Nautilus pyrex one Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

moonboy52 wrote: »
    You can also buy the steel tank to replace the Nautilus pyrex one Murphy.

I know but i just thought it was too large and snagged in things and ripped it apart.

So you guys reckon BVC is the way forward ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

New to all of this...
    Was thinking of the KSD VAMO V6...

ANY AND ALL ADVICE APPRECIATE..

Alternatives, what I need to get by way of spare parts, where to buy ? etc. etc..

All help appreciated..

EDIT,, or maybe the Smoktech BEC Pro I did say I was new to it all haha

I'd recommend an iStick and a nautilius mini. Add a few spare bvc coils and you're good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I'd recommend an iStick and a nautilius mini. Add a few spare bvc coils and you're good to go.

What EGriff said, super combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

That advice and you won't look back

Here's everything you need in a neat package: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspireistick.htm

You'll need more juice but the coils supplied should last you till the other side of christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I have 6 isticks with a mini nautilus on & they are fantastic,one of the mini nautilus just wants to gurgle all the time,I reckon it's got to be the coil,I'll change it later.
    The istick battery life is really great & only a couple of hours will charge them,I have had no problems with the 510 connection as other people have had.
    As the others said,a brilliant setup,I wish these were about a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

I have 6 isticks with a mini nautilus on & they are fantastic,one of the mini nautilus just wants to gurgle all the time,I reckon it's got to be the coil,I'll change it later.
    The istick battery life is really great & only a couple of hours will charge them,I have had no problems with the 510 connection as other people have had.
    As the others said,a brilliant setup,I wish these were about a few years ago.

So your the reason these were out of stock so long :-) I thought I was bad with two!
    I combine them with 7 fasttech aerotank mega's for better juice capacity. I rebuild the coils and use cotton. The flavour and airflow beat my nautie minis IMO.
    Great wee device, especially for 'oot and aboot' it's made me leave my mechs and kayfuns at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Allan45121 wrote: »
    So your the reason these were out of stock so long :-) I thought I was bad with two!
    I combine them with 7 fasttech aerotank mega's for better juice capacity. I rebuild the coils and use cotton. The flavour and airflow beat my nautie minis IMO.
    Great wee device, especially for 'oot and aboot' it's made me leave my mechs and kayfuns at home.

Yeah,I must try the aerotank mega,I bought one from a Guy here & never got round to using it yet,I'm using the aerotank giant & the Genitank giant & they have excellent flavor,I use a Q Tip to completely fill them to the top,I must try it on the Mega.
    I would love to rebuild the coils but my eyesight isn't that great even with using all sorts of magnifiers,I am just able to build on a dripper or kayfun,I should have gone to specsavers,I do have an appointment with them next Monday & hopefully they can supply me with something helpful to see up close.

Advertisement