Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Yeah,I must try the aerotank mega,I bought one from a Guy here & never got round to using it yet,I'm using the aerotank giant & the Genitank giant & they have excellent flavor,I use a Q Tip to completely fill them to the top,I must try it on the Mega.
    I would love to rebuild the coils but my eyesight isn't that great even with using all sorts of magnifiers,I am just able to build on a dripper or kayfun,I should have gone to specsavers,I do have an appointment with them next Monday & hopefully they can supply me with something helpful to see up close.
    If you want you could send me some used coils and I'll recoil them for you, it's no bother, only takes a few mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Allan45121 wrote: »
    If you want you could send me some used coils and I'll recoil them for you, it's no bother, only takes a few mins

Thanks for the offer,that would be great,I have no coils at the moment,as soon as I get 6 or more used coils,I'll give you a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Got the castle rda clone from didinho this morning. Great I says, let's have a gander at the insides. Course I can't as it's stiff to open.

Have to wait until I get home to sort it out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Got the castle rda clone from didinho this morning. Great I says, let's have a gander at the insides. Course I can't as it's stiff to open.

Have to wait until I get home to sort it out :(
    Its on tight alright!
    You need to put it on a mod or ohm meter or something and gently tease off the top, then when putting it together as with all o rings, a bit o juice to lube it up some.
    Its a nice looking piece and very solid feeling, but I didn't fancy the drip tip/mouthpiece at all, too much going on.

So I have my first rda mod, has prebuilt coils on it. Questions that have already probably already been answered.....

It has 3 Posts A B C, B is centre post, which you attach the coil onto, can you use 1 piece of wire going from A through B and then attached onto C or do you need 2 pieces of wire?

Also, standard 100% cotton balls will be ok to use? Bought a bag of them, Johnsons baby cotton balls, for less than €2 and sure if they won't do then the missus can use them.

• Advertisement

Just took a huge drag from my kanger tank, coil is reading at 2.7ohms, but the mod had bounced in my pocket and was putting out 12 watts.

Destroyed a coil and now I feel a bit sick.

Worst part is that I had just filled the tank :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

So I have my first rda mod, has prebuilt coils on it. Questions that have already probably already been answered.....

It has 3 Posts A B C, B is centre post, which you attach the coil onto, can you use 1 piece of wire going from A through B and then attached onto C or do you need 2 pieces of wire?

Also, standard 100% cotton balls will be ok to use? Bought a bag of them, Johnsons baby cotton balls, for less than €2 and sure if they won't do then the missus can use them.
    You Can use one string of wird through all posts but it can be a Bit of a pain getting The coils right. I find it easier just using two pieces though one piece heats More consistently. Check your ohms out too.

Wouldnt use them cotton buds myself. Get some unbleached organic ones.Tesco do a big bag of them for pennies, or if You Are about Town pick up some muji unbleached they're worth The extra bit paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just took a huge drag from my kanger tank, coil is reading at 2.7ohms, but the mod had bounced in my pocket and was putting out 12 watts.

Destroyed a coil and now I feel a bit sick.

Worst part is that I had just filled the tank :(

Such a pain in the hole! Nothing worse than a dry hit really!

My Kayfun was acting up today so had to rewick - good now :) Just trying out Venus in Vapes, tis nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Since getting the aerotank mega, I've only ever used 1.8ohm coils.

Has anyone used the 0.8ohm coils? If so, are they noticeably different?

I'm using it in a mod with efest purple 20amp 18650 batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Well with a fully charged battery using the 1.8 Ohm coils you're getting 9.8 Watts.

If you changed to the 0.8 Ohm coils you'd be getting 22 Watts. I haven't used an aerotank but I'd imagine a pretty big difference.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    Well with a fully charged battery using the 1.8 Ohm coils you're getting 9.8 Watts.

If you changed to the 0.8 Ohm coils you'd be getting 22 Watts. I haven't used an aerotank but I'd imagine a pretty big difference.

Tried the 1ohm coil in an aerotank mega on a stingray x. It just burned, too much power when bat is fully charged. Didn't rate them. Maybe the 1.2 would be ok. But I just rebuilt them.

Tried the 1ohm coil in an aerotank mega on a stingray x. It just burned, too much power when bat is fully charged. Didn't rate them. Maybe the 1.2 would be ok. But I just rebuilt them.

That's the set up I'm using, so might try a 1.5 for now and see how that goes.

What battery are you using?

That's the set up I'm using, so might try a 1.5 for now and see how that goes.

What battery are you using?

Aw imr 18500 but shouldn't make a difference, nearly all batteries for mechs are 4.1/4.2 volts when fully charged.

Aw imr 18500 but shouldn't make a difference, nearly all batteries for mechs are 4.1/4.2 volts when fully charged.

Would you not require a higher amp rating for low resistance?

Would you not require a higher amp rating for low resistance?

Amp limit is 16
    0.8 gives only 5.25 amps at 4.2v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

found this while browsing - have to say if you are into building coils and want percision builds this is the job:
    coil calculator - best one ive seen online

coil calculator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

dball wrote: »
    found this while browsing - have to say if you are into building coils and want percision builds this is the job:
    coil calculator - best one ive seen online

coil calculator

Have to say I prefer this one, not sure why, but it's my go to for every build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Since getting the aerotank mega, I've only ever used 1.8ohm coils.

Has anyone used the 0.8ohm coils? If so, are they noticeably different?

I'm using it in a mod with efest purple 20amp 18650 batteries.

I have tried the 0.8 coils in a Genitank Giant at 17w,over that will give a burnt taste.
    Also tried those coils on a Aerotank Giant & kept on getting a burnt taste everytime at all different levels of power,also tried a mech,same thing happens,I changed out to a 1.8 coil & it was perfect,although the 1.8 read 2.1 on the mod when primed & 2.4 on the ohm meter when dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭jeanrose770

I have sent a message or 2 and they have always been quickly responded too as well! Was surprised as I had expected the response to be at least a couple of days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Has anyone tried Grant's custard? He is taking orders on the 28th. Is it as good as people rave about? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

My ego charger seems to have died. No Atlantis for me today so :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

My ego charger seems to have died. No Atlantis for me today so :(

Try rubbing the connection with a damp piece of kitchen towel, works for mine

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Dubba wrote: »
    Try rubbing the connection with a damp piece of kitchen towel, works for mine

I tried that there, unfortunately no luck. The light on the plug is on, but there's no light on the usb part at all. Opened it up and all the wires are still in place. Ah will just have to pick up another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Mine wouldn't go from green to red with that wipe. Sounds like yours is a different issue.

Went into ecig ireland in Limerick today. He's stocking the Drops range now. Worked my way through trying 80% of them. The quality is good and they're well branded. They have 'made in Europe' prominently on them but I didnt bother asking about their providence.

I thought American Luxury, Route 66 and Valkyries Bounty where very nice and bought the latter two. €6 a pop, 10ml.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Went into ecig ireland in Limerick today. He's stocking the Drops range now. Worked my way through trying 80% of them. The quality is good and they're well branded. They have 'made in Europe' prominently on them but I didnt bother asking about their providence.

I thought American Luxury, Route 66 and Valkyries Bounty where very nice and bought the latter two. €6 a pop, 10ml.

He has a sample of the Vanilla and it's really nice but it never came in with his order so I have to wait for the next delivery :( . I also noted with them that the coffee tastes like a coffee and the chocolate tastes like chocolate , I didn't particularly like them but you can't deny the taste and I'm sure others will like them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Very impressed with the prompt service I received from ecirette.ie

Ordered a Provari mini from them yesterday at 3pm and it was delivered to my door by 4pm today. €15 euro cheaper for the mod than any other vendor I could see online. Highly recommended.

jonski wrote: »
    He has a sample of the Vanilla and it's really nice but it never came in with his order so I have to wait for the next delivery :( . I also noted with them that the coffee tastes like a coffee and the chocolate tastes like chocolate , I didn't particularly like them but you can't deny the taste and I'm sure others will like them .

Yeah.. I find it hard to describe my taste in flavours as i'm not so straightforward. I like tobaccos and tobacco variants mostly but like some fruits some menthols and some off the wall like aniseeds. I generally dont like straightforward flavours like 'apple', 'coffee' or 'chocolate'. They have to have some depth to them or a bit of complexity.

I think the Drops flavours are decent and are better than most he has inside. I would like to see him stick some more luxury brands which I most say to him. Would like him to work on his more advanced rebuildable stuff too but its a good shop.

Anecdote:
    Some lads were in today from Carlow while I was there, trying to get him to stock their shìt. From Carlow, 'across the road from Healthier Smoker' they said, almost as a selling point. They dripped in a selection for Victor to try to get him to stock it but he was smart enough with it. I told them i'd take some samples but no dice...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ALVINI

Thanks Mysterio. I am working on getting some juices from the states. If you know some you think would be worth having just point me into right direction. ;)

Am puffing on one of their juices now... They are light on flavours as well and I can't feel the hit in the throat I am used to get form 12 mg/ml. If you like to try some yourself, just drop into the shop and have a go on them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Never heard of the drops range, but the range sounds well decent. Will keep an eye out :)

Advertisement