Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Kayfun Clone V4 ** Available For Pre-Order**

http://irishvape.com/product/kayfun-v4/

HOW TO REBUILD THE KANGER SUBTANK SUB OHM COIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w2p09Iu11U

eGrip & Aspire BVC Together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglgU8Wm2nY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

With the istick, does anyone know if it's easy to take apart and out back together? Specifically can you get to the led screen? No issues with it at all except a little small piece of something is in front of the screen an is annoying me a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

With the istick, does anyone know if it's easy to take apart and out back together? Specifically can you get to the led screen? No issues with it at all except a little small piece of something is in front of the screen an is annoying me a lot!

Their is an episode of VTTVs a couple of weeks back, either Dave's tackle box or the haze hour whare an istick I'd taken apart. You could look for that, if I find it I'll put the link here. I remember the cover of the lcd is just sticky taped in place though.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWd6tcKOab4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Trond wrote: »

Gonna hold out for the 50w one I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

patiently waiting for the Sigelei Mini 30w.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Touch of the Apple syndrome about this. Launch one, wait until everybody has it, then launch a new version so everyone rushes out again to buy a new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Touch of the Apple syndrome about this. Launch one, wait until everybody has it, then launch a new version so everyone rushes out again to buy a new version.

Agreed, although I will say a revision was badly needed, centre pin and 510 threads were both particularly poor. Love the look of the 50w. Specs make for some pretty impressive reading too considering the $50 RRP
    0.2 ohm
    4400 mah
    Spring loaded ss 510
    Nice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Haven't posted here in a while but always check it to see what's new.

Just a quick mention about some excellent service I received from Vapourpal. I bought a device from them at Vapefest (which had 25% off as it was) and had a bit of trouble with it. Sent them an email and they sent me out a replacement by registered post. No hassle at all, no even general 'Are you sure you didn't break it?' questions. Really appreciated it.

In fact, all the encounters I've had with Irish vendors have been absolutely stellar. No real hard-sell, no disinterested staff, just good vibes, golden days indeed.

Looking around the web, I think Irish vendors are really holding their own on a worldwide level. Huge stock ranges, great prices, getting devices early etc. I hope they're making some money, so many quality vendors. Definitely a 'community' vibe to it, I don't have any experience of a similar sales area tbh. Er, it's great basically.

EDIT: Bought one of these recently as well

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/518-kanger-ipow-v2-1600mah-vw-lcd-battery.html

worked out at €22.50 delivered after discounts/sale.

I'm surprised these haven't made more of a noise, vaping really has gone boxed shape. 1600mah, 15 watts, flush and sexy with a mini nautilus all for the price of a twist. Damn, vaping's moving fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Nice post, agree with you, Irish vendors are really at the forefront of this. Guess we're early adopters? We can pat ourselves on the back for that anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

I am just wondering what people are thinking as regards pricing in Ireland both in B&M and our online shops ? Is rip-off Ireland alive and kicking or are we getting good value for money ? Reason I am asking is , without naming anyone , recent prices versus recent group buys . And do people on here find they get better value buys off sites outside Ireland ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I've thought the same but apart from usual expenses of a B&M they have to pay VAT on the goods coming in to the country,most group buys take a chance that they won't get hit by customs.If they are hit the savings wouldn't be great for the risk taken.
    I buy most of my hardware from China as I'm in no rush for it and nobody can compete with their prices,my bulk DIY juice stuff I buy from Germany,all certified and very cheap compared to here.
    I do buy some flavours and juices from Irish vendors and a few other little bits as well but they I've given up being on paying €20+ for small bottles of juice,that in my opinion is a rip off.

jonski wrote: »
    I am just wondering what people are thinking as regards pricing in Ireland both in B&M and our online shops ? Is rip-off Ireland alive and kicking or are we getting good value for money ? Reason I am asking is , without naming anyone , recent prices versus recent group buys . And do people on here find they get better value buys off sites outside Ireland ?

I think it's unquestionable we get good prices. I don't know about group buys, never done one, but that's pretty much getting it from the distributer at cost? Of course that's going to be cheap. Imagine you could buy a car that way!

Then, rip off Ireland also hits vendors - their rent, utilities, couriers, packaging and everything else meaning their costs are way above what other countries are paying.

I have a family member who owns a shop and he reckons Irish people don't understand VAT enough. He moans that he's largely in business just to collect revenue for the government. Thinks it would be much better if we did like the Americans and added it after sale so people could see how much goes straight to them - eg they list a device at €77, charge you €100, you go what the hell and then they can tell you to take it up with your TD.

Not to get specific about vendors but feck it, esmoke are selling a DNA 40 mod for €99. Honestly, wtf. That's unmatched imo. What other industries in Ireland are competing on price like that?

EDIT: Didn't see jousting's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Just ordered juice from e-smokersireland.eu and got my email confirmation. But this is what Outlook has said,,

Be careful! This sender has failed our fraud detection checks.

Any thought on this.Should i cancel my order?.

LazyPicti wrote: »
    Just ordered juice from e-smokersireland.eu and got my email confirmation. But this is what Outlook has said,,

just to be sure (prob. just a typo) if you mean this crowd

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/

they are excellent. Using them for the last 6 months. V prompt delivery. always seem to have stock as well. Their juice comes well steeped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

e-smokeireland.eu will pass any checks you throw at them in here :) probably one of our most reputable vape shops in Ireland and one of the ones that most people recommend .

edit : just noticed your link was different after reading Tronds post .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Anyone know where I can send a broken iolite V1 to be fixed?

esmokeireland are solid and trusted vendors,I and many others have had nothing but A1 service from them,order without worry.

yep that was a typo i meant to type e-smokeireland.eu.So they are legit then thanks guy's.

i forgot to use my 10% off code, can i use it on my next order.

you can use it with all orders,there is a phone number on the site,give them a ring and tell them you forgot to use the code and they will probably discount it or throw something else into the order,sound people to deal with.

you can use it with all orders,there is a phone number on the site,give them a ring and tell them you forgot to use the code and they will probably discount it or throw something else into the order,sound people to deal with.

niceone thanks man.Anybody know if they do a cannabis flavor juice, i don't smoke da herb anymore but i miss the taste :) .i got mary jane flavor from thebestshop.eu but it taste more like berry's than herb.

niceone thanks man.Anybody know if they do a cannabis flavor juice, i don't smoke da herb anymore but i miss the taste :) .i got mary jane flavor from thebestshop.eu but it taste more like berry's than herb.

I believe they are all pretty crap in that respect.

If you still want to head down that road but not smoke. Go onto amazon and search for an Arizer Solo. :cool:

I do buy some flavours and juices from Irish vendors and a few other little bits as well but they I've given up being on paying €20+ for small bottles of juice,that in my opinion is a rip off.

Not to turn this into a vendor love-in but that does seem to be the juice makers in fairness. It's not like the exact same juice can be got somewhere else far cheaper. It's only when bulk discounts come in price seems to change imo, and that's pretty much an American thing as far as I can see.

T-Juice (not really premium I suppose) sell 30ml on their own site for £15.95. Ezsmoke sell it for €12.95!

Vaponaute €20 on their own site, same price in cigatec.

I have a feeling Irish vendors actually sell a lot of their stuff to people outside Ireland as it's as cheap/cheaper for them.

But, yeah, lower prices are always nice, I wouldn't turn them down!

Trond wrote: »
    I believe they are all pretty crap in that respect.

If you still want to head down that road but not smoke. Go onto amazon and search for an Arizer Solo. :cool:

Yeah i already had a look at that one,nice piece of kit.it must be hard to get the taste of the good stuff, they probably cant extract from the real plant.

I realise that it's not the vendors but the juice makers themselves are setting these prices but I just find it hard to justify it especially when I can vape 10-15mls of juice when I'm dripping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

accaguest wrote: »

EDIT: Bought one of these recently as well

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/518-kanger-ipow-v2-1600mah-vw-lcd-battery.html

worked out at €22.50 delivered after discounts/sale.

I'm surprised these haven't made more of a noise, vaping really has gone boxed shape. 1600mah, 15 watts, flush and sexy with a mini nautilus all for the price of a twist. Damn, vaping's moving fast.

What atomiser are you using that with? Is it ego sized, or mod sized?

Advertisement