Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Hi, I have a newb question that I didn't want to start a thread for so I think here's the best place. If i want 6mg liquid that a vendor doesn't sell, and I get 10 ml of 12mg and 12ml of 0mg and stick them in a 20 ml bottle and shake them, am I good to go? Will that be exactly the same as 6mg of the same flavour if the vendor had it? Do I need to steep or just shake it to bits?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Hi, I have a newb question that I didn't want to start a thread for so I think here's the best place. If i want 6mg liquid that a vendor doesn't sell, and I get 10 ml of 12mg and 12ml of 0mg and stick them in a 20 ml bottle and shake them, am I good to go? Will that be exactly the same as 6mg of the same flavour if the vendor had it? Do I need to steep or just shake it to bits?

Thanks.

10mlml and 10ml and mix in 20 bottle will give 6 so yes your good to go! No need to steep unless either needed steeping to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Thanks! Obvious answer but I've been surprised before so can't be too careful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Arctic Sub Ohm Tank (.2 and .5 Coils)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9fdkPAj-Ek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

ok I know nothing about this but my boss bought me this today, any good?

pic to follow.

[IMG][/img]IMAG0261.jpg

• Advertisement

Manufacturer is Aspire, no model name or instructions included.
    He also bought 2 bottles of oil, 12mg strong tobacco.

Am I set to go? any instructions online? Any model number to google for info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Mech1 wrote: »

Only the glassomizer (the metal top) is by aspire, from what I can see.

Click the button on the battery 5 times to turn it on. Charge for a few hours when it dies.

Unscrew the bottom of the glassomizer to fill it. When filling it, do not put the liquid in the centre tube, just around the edges. First time you fill it, leave the liquid (not oil!) to soak in for 20 mins or so. Hold the button while you inhale.

12mg is quite light if you're a heavy smoker, but you can buy stronger if needed.

The battery will need frequent charging (you should get a spare).

In the base that you unscrew from the glassomizer, there will be a metal coil. They need replacing every week or two usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Here's your clearomiser
    http://www.aspirecig.com/products/bdc-series/bdc29.html

Here's how you fill it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jme3O47jk8

You'll need to change the coil in a few days

Thanks for the info sofar,

Do I turn it off?

Am i sorted with decent kit? or is this a cheapo or mid or great bit of kit?

The battery is rubbish to be honest, it wont last long at all if you're using it much. The tank part is at the top end of the cheap scale. My advice is use it for a week or so, see how you get on if it's working for you and you want a bit more bang for your buck upgrade your equipment. But see how you get on first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

I'd even question the tank , from the picture you put up it looks grey , I have two of the aspire ET-s tanks and they are stainless steel and look like stainless steel , I have seen first hand the fake versions first hand and they are plastic and look greyish . If the tank is plastic then it aint up to much if it is stainless steel then it is a good beginner tank .

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭125 Lime St

maybe its be a Aspire Mini Nova S tank jonski,anyway i'll say it'll need new coils

jonski wrote: »
    I'd even question the tank , from the picture you put up it looks grey , I have two of the aspire ET-s tanks and they are stainless steel and look like stainless steel , I have seen first hand the fake versions first hand and they are plastic and look greyish . If the tank is plastic then it aint up to much if it is stainless steel then it is a good beginner tank .

Tank is stainless steel, guy in shop, 365 something in Dunlaoire Shopping area said the battery is great, but i havent a clue.

Main question for now is "do I turn it off somehow?"

I have the 5 quick presses to turn it on sorted, it seems to work when i press and suck, working sofar fine.

i've never turned mine off,what that means i dunno...

i've never turned mine off,what that means i dunno...

ok so they must be timed auto shutdown so, 5 presses to fire it up then after a few min inactivity it shuts down. thats what I think anyway!

yeah i think as long as you haven't got it in your pocket where it could press by accident,your good to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

or , the usual is also 5 presses to turn it off , so it doesn't go off in your pocket .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Trond wrote: »
    Needed to buy a spare ego charger today so thought Id head over to the VIP stand in Stephens Green. Last one I got was around €4-5 euro.

VIP taking the utter piss with a price of €12

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Tank is stainless steel, guy in shop, 365 something in Dunlaoire Shopping area said the battery is great, but i havent a clue.

Main question for now is "do I turn it off somehow?"

I have the 5 quick presses to turn it on sorted, it seems to work when i press and suck, working sofar fine.

They're lying when they say the battery is great :pac: it's a very basic, not very powerful battery. You'll definitely need one or two more. The glassomizer is a good one to start with.

Don't buy your coils and batteries from a 365 stand, they're twice the price you'd pay elsewhere. If you're around Dun Laoghaire, go to Cigatec :)

As for turning it off - hit it 5 times again :)

No real need to turn it off unless it's going into your pocket and might hit off your leg and fire up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone into the dripping side of things? Im having mixed experiences thus far myself. Have a magma clone and and vertex v2 clone. One is great and the other not so much.

Just wondering what drippers people rate and so on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Trond wrote: »
    Just wondering what drippers people rate and so on?

Origen V2! Take a needle file to widen the airholes if sub-ohming, after that it's golden.

The Mutation or the Derringer would both be extremely easy to build on.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Why would e-smokeireland leave me a message asking to confirm my online order, i have to phone them back before 3pm which will be tight going to make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Do let us know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

LazyPicti wrote: »
    Why would e-smokeireland leave me a message asking to confirm my online order, i have to phone them back before 3pm which will be tight going to make it.

Could be that something you ordered they don't have in stock. Has happened to me a few times with other vendors

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Could be that something you ordered they don't have in stock. Has happened to me a few times with other vendors

I think that's what it was, didn't have the nic level i wanted.Will have to ask my poor mum later she was doing the talking and has no clue about this stuff :)

thinking about getting my first mod(i think its a mod anyway,could be wrong),a vamo v6, good bad?

are there any e-bay sellers that are legit or should i just stick with the homegrown shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

thinking about getting my first mod(i think its a mod anyway,could be wrong),a vamo v6, good bad?

are there any e-bay sellers that are legit or should i just stick with the homegrown shops

What are you using at the moment?

Not a fan of the vamo myself at all, its fairly massive, plus you'll need batteries and a charger to go with it.

I'd get a 30 watt iStick if I was you, more pocket friendly, built in battery and usb charging.

just using a ego with a nautilus,yeah your probably right about the istick,seen every one on here talking them up,

30w is the one to get aint it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Seems to be yeah, I have the 20w myself and its great, but you might as well get the new and improved one.

• Advertisement

They seem to have fixed some of the issues with the 20W and stuck 10 more watts on it. It's the way to go alright.

Advertisement