Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AV8IRL

I have a 30 and a 50. Build quality of the 50 is a lot better. No button rattle, battery is firmly in place (can feel it moving in the 30w) and it just feels a lot nicer. 30w is more pocket friendly. 30w will last me 1 whole day and I vape about 5ml a day anywhere between 11 and 2 watts. 50w will naturally last 2 whole days. I use the 30w if I want to be discreet out and about or the 50w at home or in the office.

Both great devices imo. Full disclosure: My 50w developed fault rendering it unusable after 6 weeks, but ESI replaced with a 2 day turnaround by sending a replacement the day they received my faulty device. I wouldn't let that put you off, mass produced devices will throw out a lemon here and there.
    Thanks for that, I might go for the 50W and a mini for when I'm out and about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

No problem. How much have you seen the 10w for? Youdipstick is selling some innokin itaste vv3.0s for 15 a piece. 800 mah, square ego battery so longer than the istick mini but much thinner. Goes to 11w. I don't know why, but I just can't shake the feeling that the 10w is a bit of a pointless device unless you're getting it for a very good price.

Seen it on ecirette for €30.00 with free shipping.
    Do you have a link to that other site?

Sorry, not a site. One of the posters here on this thread:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056341760/236

Halfway down page 236. I bought a couple of things from him and they were exactly as described. I had one of those itaste for a couple of months and they're very good. Battery isn't big enough to be a main device but that won't matter if it's an out and about vaper. If it were me, I'd buy 1 of them from Youdipstick and spend the extra on a nice wingnuts juice or something.

Thanks
    I'll look him up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Istick mini is €23 on thebestshop.eu

I bought a 30w last week and I've caped about 30ml of juice and charged it three times.

I've got no switch rattle on mine either, it's an amazing little device.

Istick mini is €23 on thebestshop.eu

I bought a 30w last week and I've caped about 30ml of juice and charged it three times.

I've got no switch rattle on mine either, it's an amazing little device.

More attractive at 23euro. I'm just looking at my replacement 50w and the build quality is slightly less impressive than the faulty one I had, still good just the fire button is a tad looser. Still, if it stays working then I'm happy. Crazy to compare the size of it to an innokin MVP that's considerably bigger with a battery nearly half the size.

They only had silver or blue to replace my 50w and I miss the black one. The silver is pretty garish in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

A very handy site here guys,
    this was put together by one of the guys on FB and shows the most popular/trusted on-line Irish vendors and any discount codes that go with that site,it also has a retail section for B&M shop around Ireland with more being added all the time.

http://www.irishecigs.com/online-stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Hal1 wrote: »
    I find the nautilus coils have to be allowed time to absorb the juice, and with vg it takes a little longer. When it floods (which isn't often) I unscrew the coil and wipe excess at the base where the spring is. Once that is all taken care of it vapes flawlessly for me.

My mini has been soaking up the juice since yesterday, it's still vaping terrible :/ it is a high VG juice so I'll put it down to that, I know thinner juices are better, but most of what I got here atm is high VG. Cant wait for my iStick replacement to arrive so I can get back to my Atlantis!

My mini has been soaking up the juice since yesterday, it's still vaping terrible :/ it is a high VG juice so I'll put it down to that, I know thinner juices are better, but most of what I got here atm is high VG. Cant wait for my iStick replacement to arrive so I can get back to my Atlantis!

Did they have the colour you originally chosen for your replacement Cagey? I had to replace my black one with silver. It's ugly :( Where did you buy yours? My replacement came a day after they received it.

Edit: I've just seen that I said that exact thing a few posts up. I'm not hung up on it! I can't even remember saying that yesterday :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Did they have the colour you originally chosen for your replacement Cagey? I had to replace my black one with silver. It's ugly :( Where did you buy yours? My replacement came a day after they received it.

Edit: I've just seen that I said that exact thing a few posts up. I'm not hung up on it! I can't even remember saying that yesterday :/

Local iVape store, they didn't say what colour, they're just awaiting a new batch of them to come in before I get one. All I know is, I'm not taking a pink! [what eleaf think is red] :D I wouldn't mind the blue one, but will opt for a black if I can. That's what my first one was. You can get skins/covers for them now so you could dress up your silver if you don't like it :) I think the silver is actually alright looking.

I didn't know that about skins. Sabrina from ESI told me that the silver is more prone to scuffs than the blue, I actually have the 30w in blue and it's been looked after no better or worse than my previous black 50w and it's got a few scuff marks where the 50w had none, maybe the 50w was just layered more with paint, hard to tell. Doesn't really bother me but something to keep in mind if you plan on selling and upgrading at a later date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

First go at rebuilding tonight.

I cheated insofar as i bought premade 1.5 coils from FT.

I had a go using the FT Kuro Coiler and that did not work (this time)

It took me 5 go's to get the coil under the posts on the IGO-L :o, but got there in the end.

It was reading as 1.0 on the ohm reader but once i tweezer'd it it read 1.5 and glowed properly.

getting the cotton into the 1.5mm coil was a little hard.

The draw on the IGO-l is really tight, but i expected that.

Dripping away on Strawberry Fields now.

The goal is to actually build my own coils but pretty happy how it turned out, even with the premade coil :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

moonboy52 wrote: »
    First go at rebuilding tonight.

I cheated insofar as i bought premade 1.5 coils from FT.

I had a go using the FT Kuro Coiler and that did not work (this time)

It took me 5 go's to get the coil under the posts on the IGO-L :o, but got there in the end.

It was reading as 1.0 on the ohm reader but once i tweezer'd it it read 1.5 and glowed properly.

getting the cotton into the 1.5mm coil was a little hard.

The draw on the IGO-l is really tight, but i expected that.

Dripping away on Strawberry Fields now.

The goal is to actually build my own coils but pretty happy how it turned out, even with the premade coil :)

1.5mm coil is a Nano Coil,very tight to work with & not alot of cotton passing through it,on a Igo-L,I would use 2mm Dual coils & 2.5mm Single Coil.
    I have the FT Kuro & working perfect,did you sort out the correct screw hole & don't push it down when turning,just a natural glide.
    Well,you've started coiling now,a another couple of goes & you will be an expert,gets alot easier using thicker Kanthal,like 28,26,24 & 22 AWG,thicker it is,the lower the Ohms.
    Good Luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Good Luck with it.

Thank you for the advice youdipstick :)

I bought the 32 AWG wire in the mistaken belief that it would get me a lower resistance than 28AWG. Schoolboy error! Considering 32 is a bit harder to work with, is it useful for anything in particular? Dual coils maybe? It heats up much quicker.

If you have a drill do some twisted coils with it, I do 4 strands of twisted 32g in the Orchid and it works great.

Thanks. No, I don't have a drill but I might borrow or buy one if I see if for a good price. Saw one for 7 euro or so in ikea a few weeks back but didn't buy it for some reason.

Thanks. No, I don't have a drill but I might borrow or buy one if I see if for a good price. Saw one for 7 euro or so in ikea a few weeks back but didn't buy it for some reason.

The drill must have a chuck,a screwdriver type drill is no good,you can twist Kanthal without a drill,if using 32 gauge,depending on what ohms you want,cut off about a metre of Kanthal,2,3 or maybe 4 lengths of it to twist,depending on how many lengths you use will determine the ohms,so it's all guess work at the moment because you are not using a drill,what ohms is Jousting getting with 4 strands,this will give you an idea on how many you need & also take into consideration that the drill will make a tighter twist.
    Anyway,I used big vice grips & pliers,for example,get 3 x 1m 32 AWG & twist it at one end & lock the heavy vice grips on to the wire you twisted & let it dangle in the air,then grab the other end with pliers,then just give the vice grips a spin,more you spin,the tighter it goes,worked with me ok.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that! I might give it a shot tonight for the craic. Exciting life, I know!

There you go,all you need is a pen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_-ia6ZovoM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 2kreative

A mug works fine too - loop the kanthal through the handle of the mug and grab the two ends with a pliers.

Let the mug hang freely and just spin it! Keep spinning the mug until it snaps off (do this over something soft so you don't break your mug when it falls!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

quick question .

im ordering some coils and am just wondering whats the resistance about? 0.8 or 1.8???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

rottie 11 wrote: »
    quick question .

im ordering some coils and am just wondering whats the resistance about? 0.8 or 1.8???

Lower resistance coils get hotter at the same voltage. The 0.8 coils might not work depending on what battery you're using, a lot of them won't fire anything below 1.0 Ohms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

EGriff wrote: »
    Lower resistance coils get hotter at the same voltage. The 0.8 coils might not work depending on what battery you're using, a lot of them won't fire anything below 1.0 Ohms.

Its an ego battery . I went them the 1.8 anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Hi Guys,

Been vaping now for the last two years or so and for the last year I've been on the Kanger Protank II so I figured it's about time to upgrade/try something newer to the market.

Would be grateful for recommendations.

Please note that where I'm living at the moment (outside Ireland) there are no vaping shops here at all - it is illegal - so I buy all my stuff from fasttech.com - so any recommendations given should be available on that site.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Vaping is illegal? Is smoking and drinking legal where you are?

Anyway there are just too many options for tanks nowadays.
    If you like a tight draw like the one on your Protank then I'd probably go for the Aspire Nautilus Mini, if you like a much more powerful vape with tons of airflow then pretty much all the new sub ohm tanks are good, the Kanger Sub Tank, the Aspire Nautilus are the two I own and they are both brilliant IMO, not a lot between them.
    One thing to note with the Aspire products above, is that in my experience they are totally leak proof. All atomisers will drip condensation out the drip tip if you invert them, but as for eliquid, neither have ever leaked on me. Do your research on the sub ohm tanks please first, make sure they are safe to use (and will even fire) with whatever battery or device you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I never knew vaping was illegal in some countries?

• Advertisement

54kroc wrote: »
    I never knew vaping was illegal in some countries?

Norway for one...

Advertisement