Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

EGriff wrote: »

Thanks for that! The price is right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'm probably on my own here but I don't think all the subtanks are similar, if anyone is thinking of buying on try give each a go first is my advice.
    They do make you lazy though well me at least, I've pretty much given up rebuilding and moved most of my gear on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Woke up this morning to be told that I've won three bottles of my choice of liquid from diabloeliquid.com :) all I did was write a review of a liquid I bought from him, and he already included a free bottle with the initial purchase! Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Yeah, the mini is literally just a smaller nautilus. It is quite a bit better than the protank but if you like the protank maybe a cheap way to gain an improved vape is to buy the improved airflow base for it. This essentially turns it in to a kanger aerotank:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011133/1654500-authentic-airflow-control-valve-for-protank-2

If I was I'm your situation with legality I would consider getting in to rebuildables atomisers. I have a Taifun GT clone and it's really, really easy to build on. I can't stress enough that I'm the least likely person to be able to build anything useful and even I find it very easy. If you buy one all you will need is 28 guage kanthal and cellucotton (or another wicking material,i favour cellucotton) and you won't need to reorder anything for a long time, which would be handy if you were theoretically concerned about your local customs confiscating your stuff. Cheap as chips too.

You're correct that it's much of a muchness between the aspire Atlantis and the kanger subtank, well, that's Internet wisdom anyway, I don't use those kind of tanks.

Edit: I don't know about the protank 3, I've never used it. I think an airflow base on a protank 2 will be better than any other protank options.

Thanks again for your detailed reply.

I think I'll go for that addon for the Protank 2 and maybe also buy the Aspire Nautilus. I just want to make sure that this is the right Nautilus:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009821/1861801-authentic-aspire-nautilus-bvc-clearomizer-5-0ml

Actually i just looked up the Kanger Aerotank and there seems to be quite a few. So could you advise on which one and would you go for the kanger Aerotank over the Aspire Nautilus? Would this be the best Kanger Aerotank:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3006/10004861/1806904

I'll look into that rebuilding one as well - do some research.

I'm actually more concerned with juices getting taken by customs rather than the mechanical elements.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WarmT

Woke up this morning to be told that I've won three bottles of my choice of liquid from diabloeliquid.com :) all I did was write a review of a liquid I bought from him, and he already included a free bottle with the initial purchase! Delighted :)

Nice congrats :)

Their liquids are nice but I just wish they'd do a 30%pg/70%vg version and I'd buy a lot more. The 50/50 was too harsh on my throat/lungs but their flavours are spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

WarmT wrote: »
    Nice congrats :)

Their liquids are nice but I just wish they'd do a 30%pg/70%vg version and I'd buy a lot more. The 50/50 was too harsh on my throat/lungs but their flavours are spot on.

50/50 suits me perfectly, thankfully. I dropped very quickly from 24mg to 6, so I still need the throat hit that higher pg gives. Also, too much vg gives me a dodgy tummy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WarmT

50/50 suits me perfectly, thankfully. I dropped very quickly from 24mg to 6, so I still need the throat hit that higher pg gives. Also, too much vg gives me a dodgy tummy :o

Yeah, I remember you saying that. I just can't go back to anything but 70vg/30pg now after trying it.

I have though been mixing 666 Park av and falling skies in with a 70vg/30pg liquid from suicide bunny (OB, the plain creamy one) and it's been much easier to vape and inhale, otherwise I was just vaping the diablo's like a cigar and not inhaling them due to pg being to harsh for me.

I gave up on grimm though, was too peachy for me.

I left them a review anyway with a request for a 70vg/30pg option suggestion. I'd honestly buy a ton off them if they gave us that base as an option.

iba wrote: »

I think I'll go for that addon for the Protank 2 and maybe also buy the Aspire Nautilus. I just want to make sure that this is the right Nautilus:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009821/1861801-authentic-aspire-nautilus-bvc-clearomizer-5-0ml

Actually i just looked up the Kanger Aerotank and there seems to be quite a few. So could you advise on which one and would you go for the kanger Aerotank over the Aspire Nautilus? Would this be the best Kanger Aerotank:

I'm actually more concerned with juices getting taken by customs rather than the mechanical elements.

Regards

No problem, glad to be able to help. That's the right Nautilus, if it's the big one that holds 5ml that you'd prefer. As far as I know, all of the Aerotanks are the same except for the size of them. I've got a clone version of the Aerotank Mega and it holds 3.8ml as opposed to the 2 5ml the one you've linked holds.

I would say the nautilus is a better all round vape than the aerotank for most people. Unfortunately for me, I developed some kind of reaction to something in the coils for the nautilus so I can't use it. The coils for the aerotank are the same ones as the protank 2, and they're quite a bit cheaper than the BVC coils that go in the nautilus.

I wouldn't really bother buying an aerotank if you've got the protank 2, because the airflow base will make it exactly the same in operation as the aero, unless you needed another tank anyway in which case it'd be a toss up between the nautilus/Nautilus mini and whichever aerotank suits you best, hard to say which will be the best decision because everyone is different. Good luck with it though, let us know what you decide and check in and give us your review when it arrives :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Not sure if this has been discussed here before, but this looks very sexy!...

http://www.vapeandecigstore.co.uk/VV/VWBoxMods/pid22451/cid1240/AspireESP30wVariableWattageandVoltageBoxModPREORDER.asp

http://www.aspirecig.com/products/MOD/mod194.html

Aspire ESP 30w variable wattage and voltage box mod. Only 1900 mAh compared to the 2200 mAh in the 30w istick, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Cant say it does much for me. Bit pricy for what it is as well.

Id much prefer the Kanger box to it

https://www.ukecigstore.com/kanger-kbox-40w-box-mod.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

iba wrote: »
    Regards
    I think the advice is sound.
    Whatever you do, do not buy the Protank 3 though, its a leaky mess.
    If you are ordering the Nautilus, buy extra coils at the same time (I'd go for the authentic ones, but I'm sure the cheaper fake ones are probably comparable), you don't know if one is going to last you a week or 3 weeks, each one is different IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Lardy wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been discussed here before, but this looks very sexy!...
    Aspire ESP 30w variable wattage and voltage box mod. Only 1900 mAh compared to the 2200 mAh in the 30w istick, though.
    Ugh, less branding on a F1 car!
    And that big twiddly knob!
    Nope, I'll pass on this one, the iSticks are far superior in the looks dept.
    Better yet, my cloupor minis beat the cr@p out of both, plus have an easily removable battery. Superb little device IMO. I have two of them and both have no issues like the much publicised early batch that might overheat and, well, burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Very nube question here, but how long does a coil last on the Istick 30w? I have it about 2.5 weeks now, is it time to replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭125 Lime St

what coils are they

there's a lot a variables in coil use,wattage use,type of juice,

but if you still get a decent flavor and vape,keep using

i get about a week out of the coils i use,then the flavor starts to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Very nube question here, but how long does a coil last on the Istick 30w? I have it about 2.5 weeks now, is it time to replace?

What device is connected to the istick,you will soon know when the coil needs changing,the flavour will diminish,poor clouds of vapor & you might get a burnt taste depending on what coilyou are using.
    If it is still ok with taste,just keep on going,depending what coil you have,it is possible to clean & dry burn it.

It's an Aspire BVC coil, with wingnuts 18mg vanilla and custard liquid. I notice the taste isnt as good as when I started, best to probably replce then.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    It's an Aspire BVC coil, with wingnuts 18mg vanilla and custard liquid. I notice the taste isnt as good as when I started, best to probably replce then.

Don't bin the coil just yet. If taste is the on ly variable you've noticed diminishing then it's possibly just a case of "vapers tongue" which is when you've been on the same flavour for a while and cease to taste it. Try it with the new coil and if it's the same keep the old one for later use, that's what is do anyway.

What other bolt on additions will work well with my Istick? Is the aspire BVC coil and maxi BVC tank the standard?

most clearomizers have a 510 connection so they all fit the istick,i'd upgrade to a kanger areotank mini or mega if i were you,there a league above what you got

• Advertisement

http://www.vaperus.ie/clearomizer/595-eleaf-gs-air.html

That's made especially for the istick line and can handle up to 20w, well they say that, I took it up to 18 without burnt hits. It's very similar to the nautilus mini but is only a tenner and coils are only 2 euro. Not worth getting if you a ready have the nautilus unless you wanted something cheap and cheerful for nights out. Flavour isn't quite up there with the nautilus and the air flow is screwdriver controlled rather than twist.

Edit: Just saw previous post, I've got a few Aerotank clones and they're very good. Authentic coils are really cheap on fasttech.

i see lots of people talking bout clones,why buy?...is it just for the lower price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

i see lots of people talking bout clones,why buy?...is it just for the lower price

Most clones are of expensive mods or tanks, stuff that might cost €200 is cloned in china and can be got on fasttech for €10 ish.

There are clones of clearos and coils too but they're mostly pretty cheap anyway.

The only clones I've bought have been from other posters on here, but yeah I'd assume it's for the price. I probably wouldn't buy an aerotank clone if I was making the purchase myself but I'd definitely buy clones of kayfuns and the like and theyre close enougj to identical in operatiom. Sometimes they're better because they improve on the original device. They're about a fifth of the price sometimes. I have no idea why the price is nearing 100 euro on the authentics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I have no idea why the price is nearing 100 euro on the authentics.

Collusion would be my bet in the mass produced products,labour for batch products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

Anyone buy from red juice they have a nice selection. thinking of buying. https://redjuice.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Atlantis V2 has landed

Strictly for cloud chasers by the look of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Argh!! warn me when it's Rip!! ... I'll find an alt review on it :D I just cannot listen to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Okey friggin dokey :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Argh!! warn me when it's Rip!! ... I'll find an alt review on it :D I just cannot listen to him

I'm the same - Rip is quite possibly one of the biggest tools in the vaping community.

He's like an obnoxious cartoon character.

Advertisement