Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Lardy wrote: »
    Try a bit of plumbers tape around the Nautilus threads. Should give you a little more purchase on the eleaf threads. :)

My thoughts exactly...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Glebee wrote: »
    Good idea with the ego adaptor, but it just slips in and out of the threaded area. Connecting the nautilius mini directly just about catches the threads.
    Will try and get the ego adapor to fix in permanent some how..

*LOL, if I just hold the ego ring in place it works....

Bought this the other day for my one. Adds some length to it but otherwise its fine. I screwed it in and havent taken it off since. I didnt have any issues with threads but dont want to start now.

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/advanced-kits-mods-c-82/596-istick-bending-adapter.html?search_query=Istick+bending+adaptor&results=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Glebee wrote: »
    Good idea with the ego adaptor, but it just slips in and out of the threaded area. Connecting the nautilius mini directly just about catches the threads.
    Will try and get the ego adapor to fix in permanent some how..

*LOL, if I just hold the ego ring in place it works....

Stick a small piece of thin cardboard down the side & screw in the ego adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Do many of you have an iStick 50w? I'm thinking of getting one but I hear a lot of stories about screens not working and I just read a story on reddit about one going on fire while charging.

Anyone have one for a few months with no problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

EGriff wrote: »
    Do many of you have an iStick 50w? I'm thinking of getting one but I hear a lot of stories about screens not working and I just read a story on reddit about one going on fire while charging.

I have my 50w 4 weeks.

No issues at all with it. Great battery life. I bought a silicone skin for it too :)

JFkqiKU.jpg?2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The LCD screen conked out on mine after 3 weeks. It still fired up, but you couldn't tell what setting it was at. Sent it back to the shop, and they had no problems exchanging it for me. I took an IPV mini2 instead, just paid the bit extra. Happier with that. I already had a bunch of batt's and a charger. Not so easy for anyone who doesn't I guess. And depend on these things to work without ever failing.

It's a shame though, I've heard many others had similar issues. As it's a neat little device [the iStick 50] - and holds charge for days. But if it's that delicate to blank out after only 3 weeks ... I wouldn't buy one again until I hear they've improved on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Have mine for about 2 or 3 months now I think, not a bother on it so far. The battery is insanely good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I think I'll get one, I really like my 20w but the 1ohm limit is really annoying me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I had a 50w die on me, gave error messages and wouldn't fire. Esmokeireland.ie gave me a new one, thus was after 5 weeks. Haven't had problems with the new one, but it's only been a couple of weeks. I bought the first one the day esmoke got them so probably one of the first batches.

I've had no problems at all with my 30w which I was late to the game to buy so maybe that's a factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm still on the 20W. The threads on my first went to **** and then i bought one from FT and another to use off the bat. Second two still going strong.

There is an issue with overpower on these for sure though. Will be looking to get a 30W next paycheck!

• Advertisement

I think I'll get one, I really like my 20w but the 1ohm limit is really annoying me.

My partner has the 20w a good few months now, and hers is still working perfectly. She has no real interest in sub-ohming so it's all she really needs. She loves it, she had numerous ego twists, iTaste batts and a Zmax beforehand. And she prefers the iStick 20 to any of them.

I just got unlucky with the 50w. I think they just rushed the first batch of them to meet demand. When mine did work, I loved it. But I'm not going to get another until I'm sure all the dodgy ones have passed by. For the money, if you get a good one, it's about the best value there is for a 50w device. Even with the Atlantis on there, with regular 30-35w usage, I was getting 2 days off the batt before really needing to charge. I was using the pass-through at the laptop in between though.

Just hold on to the receipt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

Just want to give a shout out to Nathan at Cloudhouse Vapor. I ordered some base liquid and some flavourings a while back. Everything was perfect apart from a mix up in the PG/VG ratio. I sent them a mail explaining the situation and received a parcel today with the right ratio base and 20ml of Bavarian Cream thrown in for good measure :) Great customer service and excellent value for money for all DIY juice makers out there!

noelyf wrote: »
    Just want to give a shout out to Nathan at Cloudhouse Vapor. I ordered some base liquid and some flavourings a while back. Everything was perfect apart from a mix up in the PG/VG ratio. I sent them a mail explaining the situation and received a parcel today with the right ratio base and 20ml of Bavarian Cream thrown in for good measure :) Great customer service and excellent value for money for all DIY juice makers out there!

More importantly what animal sticker did you get on your note? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Have a big DIY order on the way, great value. I'd hardly call it DIY even as you're only mixing the flavouring with a pre-mixed base. It'll be my first time doing any type of DIY liquid so it'll all go perfectly I'm sure.

Ah yes......the animal sticker was..........a pig! :) and very cute too might I add. As for the DIY reference.....if I mix a flavour with a base, creating a liquid that I can vape, that's close enough to DIY for me :D....now since I'm on a DIY buzz, gonna put a tissue bag containing dried leaves into a cup of boiling water, stir it round for a while, remove the bag and add some milk to the resulting mixture:)

Last order from CHV I got a venus fly trap 'toon sticker, it's now on my IPVmini2 :D

I think its a great touch, makes you remember them!:D
    I wonder if Bank of Ireland might follow suit?

Last order from CHV I got a venus fly trap 'toon sticker, it's now on my IPVmini2 :D

Post it!

• Advertisement

I wonder if Bank of Ireland might follow suit?

lawsuit

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Post it!

VyYq39Ol.jpg

There ya go :)

The Ultimate Fighter S21 hand-check :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Why are the juices you get in newsagents and fillings station(the only stockists that arent dedicated suppliers) so poor?

Went into my spar last night, after realising Im running on empty, and having tried their "Wild berry" before and not been mad about it made the mistake of getting "American tobacco". Bleurgh!

One benefit of vaping and the juices I've been vaping is the last couple of real cigarettes I tried, tasted absolutely horrible. Can't see myself going back on the analogue ones anytime soon. Perhaps my reaction to the "American tobacco" flavour is a result of that.

Herself is being sent to VIP tomorrow to get me something else(shes going to be walking past it anyway). Only gotten one thing from VIP before. It was alright, but not great. Again, why don't they stock more different flavours? The last time it was a variety of fruity flavours, cola flavour(which was what I bought) and a few others. Nothing very inspiring. Why go to the bother(and expense) of having a stall in a shopping centre like Stephens Green and only sell boring flavours?

Cheap chinese juices are all they carry usually. You're really better off either finding a vape-specific store, that stocks decent juices. Or order from any of the good Irish vendors online. You'll have your juices in 2 days from most of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Cheap chinese juices are all they carry usually. You're really better off either finding a vape-specific store, that stocks decent juices. Or order from any of the good Irish vendors online. You'll have your juices in 2 days from most of them.

Thats what I normally do, and I suppose the key, and its the key for anything that is not available around the corner, 24 hours a day, is to have a stockpile and keep topping up the stockpile, rather than always running on empty.

Yup, I try buy in advance when I have the funds available to buy online. Always nice to get vape mail too :) And some of the Irish vendors have great lines of juices. Take Vaporium for example, I doubt anyone looking for juice couldn't find something they'd like on there. Staggering range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

IVape is Irish Vape
    Ireland 'irishvape.com10' for 10% discount over €20

I buy 90% of my stuff from iVape, handy for me as it's only down the road though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

I posted this on the wrong thread lol someone was asking for a IVape code 😱😱 ( typical of me )

• Advertisement

Bought an Eleaf GS Air 16 off esmokeireland. €20 euro including 5 coils.

Excellent value and is superior to all the other smaller tanks I've used other than the Mini Nautilus.

Advertisement