Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

When I last looked at the price of the Mini, it made no sense whatsoever to pick it over the 30w. That may have changed now but if I were you I'd go with the 30w because you never know what kind of watts you'll want to use in a few months time. I thought I knew that I'd never need to go over 11w when I bought my iTaste, now I'm never hitting anything at less than 17, sometimes going to 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cheers guys, Whats the story with the higher wattage anyway??
    usually go at around 6-7, when would you go higher and whats the benifits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Glebee wrote: »

All depends on your own preference really. Higher wattage gives you a warmer vape and possibly better flavour but that's mainly down to the tank... Rebuildable tanks and drippers are far better in that respect. Its also dependent on the coils you are using and the strength of your mod as well.

It isn't for everyone though. I've friends who use a mini istick with the mini nautilus and have no interest in moving up the ladder to rebuildables and higher power mods.

Personally I'm somewhere in the middle. My go to tank is the kayfun lite plus so I tend to vape it at 18-20 watts depending on the coil in it but i also I still use a mini nautilus at around 12w.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Glebee wrote: »

higher wattage allows for higher heat and vapourising more juice quicker, so more/thicker/denser vape really with more taste and throat hit.
    Most of the pre-made coils wont wick enough and quick enough for very high watts, I found when I was still using the aspire nautilus that I couldn't really go over 13-14W before I would get nasty dry hits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Ohms Law - Part 1: Watts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFIXB41uM-w

Ohms Law Part 2: Putting It To Practical Use: Vaping
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D1eIlEbIdQ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

The mini istick only has a 1050mAh battery. I'd buy one as a back up device but think you'd be crazy to have such a weak battery as your every day device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Before I had the Atlantis I never went above 10-11w, but I was using 1.5 - 2.4 coils. With the 0.5 coils you're not going to get a great vape below 20w, and you're going to get a much more satisfying vape 25w+ without any burnt or dry hits. The new sub ohm coils are far, far better than what tank coils used to be. I had a 0.3ohm coil in recently and was firing at 60-70w and it was good. I never dreamt of going to anything like that before, but it's nice to know I can, if I want to. For a nice, warm, cloudy vape. I wouldn't be doing that often though, as with high wattage, comes very thirsty coils. You fly through tanks of juice.

My next mod with temp control at GearBest,no dry hits with small RDA's like the Derringer which holds little juice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5_1eFUiKG4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Has anyone bought the Clouper Mini?

It looks good and I like the idea of being able to easily change the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

I have one about a month now and love it. It's really neat and I much prefer being able to charge my batteries in a charger.
    I drop it about once a day - seriously clumsy - and it has stood up to it so far, apart from losing some of the display on the screen. I should have bought a rubber case with it.
    Run half ohm coils on it at about 25w and 1ohm around 17-18w.

• Advertisement

Shinobollo wrote: »
    I have one about a month now and love it. It's really neat and I much prefer being able to charge my batteries in a charger.
    I drop it about once a day - seriously clumsy - and it has stood up to it so far, apart from losing some of the display on the screen. I should have bought a rubber case with it.
    Run half ohm coils on it at about 25w and 1ohm around 17-18w.

How easy is it to change batteries? The back is magnetic isn't it, so does it just lift off?

How easy is it to change batteries? The back is magnetic isn't it, so does it just lift off?

Yep - just slides / lifts off - easy peasy

That's my next purchase sorted then.

Thanks.

That's my next purchase sorted then.

Thanks.

Don't forget to get a case :-)

Don't forget to get a case :-)

What battery do you use, flat top or nipple top?

What battery do you use, flat top or nipple top?

I have a couple of flattop Samsung's in rotation.
    As far as I remember they recommend using flat tops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I have 4, one bought here, three from fasttech.
    All of them passed the 15sec/30w test (which is apparently how you tell if you have a dud).
    They have been brilliant. I highly recommend them.
    I never USB charge them, always have spare batteries with me.
    The only thing I'd like to see them improve is a spring loaded 510 pin and maybe increasing to 40 or 50 watts, though I never even go to 30w personally but I'd say a lot of people would like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I have a couple of flattop Samsung's in rotation.
    As far as I remember they recommend using flat tops
    You should ONLY use flat tops.
    Nipple tops are too long and even though shorter ones like the AW IMR's will just about squeeze in, they will bend the contact springs.
    Don't even attempt to put in the purple efests, way too long.

I find the Samsung 25R to be a great match, and the Sony VTC4 is better still if you can get them (real ones).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

After I have gone through all the steeping of my DIY mixing & I find that I am not getting a good TH,can I add more Nic to the mix without steeping again & can the same be done for adding more PG/VG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Yes to both as far as I know, but it'll obviously dilute the flavour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

After I have gone through all the steeping of my DIY mixing & I find that I am not getting a good TH,can I add more Nic to the mix without steeping again & can the same be done for adding more PG/VG.

Obviously yes but it's a dangerous game really. When you first do it you have all the ingredients prepared and in correct proportion. How will you know how much nicotine content you have if you just starting topping it up?

Something to avoid imo.

Yes to both as far as I know, but it'll obviously dilute the flavour

Do you think it might need a little steeping or just a shake & I wonder what quantity of Nic I would need to use,of course depending on what quantity of liquid I have mixed,one drop at a time & keep trying it out or a couple of ml's & blow my head off:D:D:D
    A bit of a guessing game I suppose...

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Obviously yes but it's a dangerous game really. When you first do it you have all the ingredients prepared and in correct proportion. How will you know how much nicotine content you have if you just starting topping it up?

Something to avoid imo.

:D:D:D You got the answer in before I asked the next question,I got the pre-mixed Base with 12mg,I think this is ok for sub ohming,if I put this mix into a clearo with a 1.6 coil,the TH would not be there,that is the reason I was asking about adding more Nic to the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

If you don't want to add nic you can add a few drops of Vodka in a 10ml bottle for extra throat hit.

If you don't want to add nic you can add a few drops of Vodka in a 10ml bottle for extra throat hit.

Does that really work,I do have Poteen,would that be ok...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

The Vodka does work so Poteen should as well, just start with a couple of drops and see how it goes.

The Vodka does work so Poteen should as well, just start with a couple of drops and see how it goes.

I'll try that,the juice has been steeping 6 days now,I'll try it at the end of the week,it should be fully steeped by then,it is a custard type mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I say take a swig of the poteen and then a quick vape.

Repeat ad infinitum.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I say take a swig of the poteen and then a quick vape.

Repeat ad infinitum.

After a few swigs of Poteen,I'd forget about vaping...Hic:D:D:D

Advertisement