Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

20w istick with a 1.8ohm mini nautilus, what's the highest wattage people have it at or had it at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

20w istick with a 1.8ohm mini nautilus, what's the highest wattage people have it at or had it at?

Depends on the juice,with an istick 20w I normally vape between 10.5w & 12w for my sweet spot,the 20w istick gives out more power than it is showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Deag4

12 w is the highest I could g on the nautilaus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Start low and work your way up until you hit the sweet spot. I found different juices worked at different wattage too, some you even got different flavours as you go up and down through the watts. I never went above 13 watts though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I never vape at more than 10 watts. Im normally around 8.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I can't remember which thread people were discussing the kayfun V4 on so hopefully you can answer me here :D

I got my subtank mini the other day, and I'm happy with it but it's a bit full on. I have an orchid V4 too which I'm using now after finally getting it to work without leaks (that reminds me, I must thank the seller who became a tutor!) I had my eye on the kayfun V4 clone for a while before the subtank mini came up at that great price, but is there any point in me still getting it now that I've got those? Is the vape that much better or are there any really good features? How's the airflow compared to the subtank? I could live with a bit tighter than the widest airhole on the ST Mini but I couldn't go back to the airflow of the kayfun 3.1 for example.

Thanks for any advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

I can't remember which thread people were discussing the kayfun V4 on so hopefully you can answer me here :D

I got my subtank mini the other day, and I'm happy with it but it's a bit full on. I have an orchid V4 too which I'm using now after finally getting it to work without leaks (that reminds me, I must thank the seller who became a tutor!) I had my eye on the kayfun V4 clone for a while before the subtank mini came up at that great price, but is there any point in me still getting it now that I've got those? Is the vape that much better or are there any really good features? How's the airflow compared to the subtank? I could live with a bit tighter than the widest airhole on the ST Mini but I couldn't go back to the airflow of the kayfun 3.1 for example.

Thanks for any advice!

Think about this one - it's a Squa-pee (squape reloaded clone).

http://www.desire-ecig.com/SquaPe-reloaded-RDA-Atomizer#container

I have one along with a couple of kayfun lite plus v2 clones and a bargain subtank mini.
    Reckon it is right between the two.
    You can close the air-flow off pretty tight or open it up to slightly more than the middle setting on the subtank.
    Bonus is that you can rewick / change your coil without fiddling with juice and you refill the same way as the subtank - no messing with screws.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Shinobollo wrote: »

I have one along with a couple of kayfun lite plus v2 clones and a bargain subtank mini.
    You can close the air-flow off pretty tight or open it up to slightly more than the middle setting on the subtank.
    Bonus is that you can rewick / change your coil without fiddling with juice and you refill the same way as the subtank - no messing with screws.

Does that one have a nonconductive coating on the base like the origional?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Does that one have a nonconductive coating on the base like the origional?

Allegedly yes. I haven't had any issues in six months apart from a loose negative post initially until I tightened it with a pliers.
    A couple of things to be aware of.
    1. You should lube the o-ring for the base if you're switching them. I just use the W (wide one) base all the time as I find it the perfect width for my coils.
    2. You need to make sure that the o-rings for the plastic inner tank are properly in place or else you'll lose the seal and juice will leak through the airholes - same as any other atty with a bad seal.

After that you're golden.
    Lots of info about them out there on the various fora.
    I got a "mini" all metal tank for it from fasttech last week and it fits perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Has anyone tried the new 'Doppleganger' juice from random juice co? [the crowd who make Mmmm Doughnuts, tilt and KTM]

http://www.abstractvape.eu/shop/eliquids/doppelganger/

'Exotic fruit lemonade' is all the description says. Wondering is it more straight up lemon, or what other fruits they have in there? Might just chance a bottle anyway, the others are good.

Shinobollo wrote: »

Thanks Shinnabollo. Yep, getting at the deck without having to drain is pretty much a necessity for me at this stage. It seems so primitive to not have thay feature now.

Esmokeireland are now selling DIY concentrates. €5 for 13ml Capella aint too shabby

Trond wrote: »
    Esmokeireland are now selling DIY concentrates. €5 for 13ml Capella aint too shabby

That's right,Sabrina says they will be in stock in a few days

That's right,Sabrina says they will be in stock in a few days

Flavour Art concentrates have appeared on their website now as well.

Shame as ive just bought a shed load from a uk vendor.

Flavour Art concentrates have appeared on their website now as well.

Shame as ive just bought a shed load from a uk vendor.

I nearly bought a lot of Capella from Leisureliquids Uk,let's hope esi has a good selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I have a litre of VG and a litre of PG sitting at the bottom of a closet for about 18 months, never got around to using it.

Would it still be OK or should I dump it.

EGriff wrote: »
    I have a litre of VG and a litre of PG sitting at the bottom of a closet for about 18 months, never got around to using it.

Would it still be OK or should I dump it.

Sounds like it's been stored ideally. If it was in the sun I might think twice but in that situation I'd definitely use it. The vast majority of pharmaceuticals will last years and years later than their use by date and only may lose their efficacy. There are exceptions to this, apparently some anti-biotics can make you ill but I'm thinking VG and PG will fall in to the former category and I can't see how they'd become any less efficient at their job.

That's just what I would do now so I accept no liability here ;)

• Advertisement

You'll all hate me for this but.....

11351249_840204292716324_5085299578230255494_n.jpg?oh=003a4acf3ddc803131879aa6dedac7b0&oe=55F3543B

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

You'll all hate me for this but.....

11351249_840204292716324_5085299578230255494_n.jpg?oh=003a4acf3ddc803131879aa6dedac7b0&oe=55F3543B

It says no postage to Ireland :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Anyone know where to get the black Subtank Mini?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

It says no postage to Ireland :(

That pissed me off as well but I guess if you do an order decent enough then parcel motel will only ad a couple of quid

I'm not sure I'm into this sub ohm craic tbh, I have a m80 pro and a subtank mini with a week or two now and I mostly find myself using a 20w iStick with aspire bvcs at about 11watts, or an eGrip turned up about half way.

I prefer mouth to lung and I don't like the whole room being hazy from so much vapour in the air.

I do have a load of 80% VG juices to get through so I'll stick with it for a while.

I find the subtank grand to do mouth to lung hits, even on the widest setting.

I find the subtank grand to do mouth to lung hits, even on the widest setting.

Yeah I can do very short mouth to lungs, a tighter draw is better for them though IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Just got a massive scare. Getting a slightly burnt taste from a head so decided to change it. Put in the new head and let the head soak (mini nautilus) and then went out for a vape, not firing....., reading as .9ohm on the 20w istick. Came in and put on a new head (not new new but new from my stash of used heads) and it read as 0, tried another one and again 0. Sure its almost home time and i've a few spare battery's and tanks at home so i'll be fin...... ****e, loaned them out this week. Finally stuck another head in and it worked!

Cant be having these vape scares at my age!

Just got a massive scare. Getting a slightly burnt taste from a head so decided to change it. Put in the new head and let the head soak (mini nautilus) and then went out for a vape, not firing....., reading as .9ohm on the 20w istick. Came in and put on a new head (not new new but new from my stash of used heads) and it read as 0, tried another one and again 0. Sure its almost home time and i've a few spare battery's and tanks at home so i'll be fin...... ****e, loaned them out this week. Finally stuck another head in and it worked!

Cant be having these vape scares at my age!

Crap vape day here too! Subtank mini top cap just fell off last night, it's not removable so that's bad! Woke up this morning to vapemail, had 3 bottles of VG in the order, only received 2. Not too bad, only a slight problem. Was trying to increase the VG ratio in some 50/50 and was willing to reduce the nic despite not really wanting to to achieve higher VG. Sure 2 bottles will do that I thought. Threw them in, second one came out a lot faster. It's feckin PG! So now I've had the unwanted but tolerated nicotine reduction and I'm still on 50/50!

Fssssaaaake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

After using my new istick and nautilus for 3 days now I really like it but there's 2 things annoying me. When I screw off the bottom of the tank to fill it with juice the coil doesn't come off with it, it stays screwed on inside the tank. And the top part that's screwed to the glass loosens when I'm screwing off the bottom and the juice spills out. Does this happen to anyone else?

Also it's hard to remove the bottom piece because the air flow thing just keeps spinning or else the whole thing just starts screwing off of the battery :(

Advertisement