Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Most likely it is because you are screwing it together to hard when assembling, also let it cool down before unscrewing, take into account the vacuum in the tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

rottie 11 wrote: »
    After using my new istick and nautilus for 3 days now I really like it but there's 2 things annoying me. When I screw off the bottom of the tank to fill it with juice the coil doesn't come off with it, it stays screwed on inside the tank. And the top part that's screwed to the glass loosens when I'm screwing off the bottom and the juice spills out. Does this happen to anyone else?

Also it's hard to remove the bottom piece because the air flow thing just keeps spinning or else the whole thing just starts screwing off of the battery :(

The top part with the knurling should be screwed on snuggly to the glass tank,when screwing off the base,you will need to wear a pair of marigolds,don't hold the glass tank when screwing off the base,hold the top knurling & screw the bottom off,I have over a dozen nautys & one of them always leaves the coil inside the tank,I am not sure why,maybe the air tube the coil screws into is slightly bent,we wouldn't see it with the human eye,if it happens again,just use your fingers to screw it out & then screw it back into the base.
    When screwing the base on,only hold that knurling part at the top & screw the base on,you will have to wear marigolds (rubber gloves) just in case your not old enough to know about marigolds :D:D:D
    Hope that helps,time will teach you all the tricks & fixes eventually,always ask if your not sure about anything,we all had to learn & still learning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

The top part with the knurling should be screwed on snuggly to the glass tank,when screwing off the base,you will need to wear a pair of marigolds,don't hold the glass tank when screwing off the base,hold the top knurling & screw the bottom off,I have over a dozen nautys & one of them always leaves the coil inside the tank,I am not sure why,maybe the air tube the coil screws into is slightly bent,we wouldn't see it with the human eye,if it happens again,just use your fingers to screw it out & then screw it back into the base.
    When screwing the base on,only hold that knurling part at the top & screw the base on,you will have to wear marigolds (rubber gloves) just in case your not old enough to know about marigolds :D:D:D
    Hope that helps,time will teach you all the tricks & fixes eventually,always ask if your not sure about anything,we all had to learn & still learning.

Lol thanks I was holding the glass part when it open. Other than the coil not screwing off I'm very happy with it. Not a huge issue really :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Most likely it is because you are screwing it together to hard when assembling, also let it cool down before unscrewing, take into account the vacuum in the tank

Cheers il make sure not to tighten it too much :)

Lol thanks I was holding the glass part when it open. Other than the coil not screwing off I'm very happy with it. Not a huge issue really :)

I forgot to answer another question you asked,when turning the AFC (air flow control) I find it easier to just screw off the Naut & adjust the AFC,they can be very tight.Don't screw down the Naut too tightly to the istick,just snuggly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

You can still fill the nauty mini when the coils stays in the tank. Screw the tank back on as if the coil was in the base and it will still vape fine. Mine did anyway.

This works for me...
    Every time my tank is empty,I unscrew the base & coil,remove drip tip,I use a good quality straw (or something similar) I cut it down to about 75mm long & place it over the air tube,(the end inside tank)hold a bit of tissue over the drip tip hole & blow through the straw 3 times & then screw some tissue together & shove it up the drip tip hole & swirl it around,do this twice,you will be amazed how much juice & condensation gets in there,I find this stops gurgling,only takes 2 minutes,it just becomes a habit after awhile,I do it to all clearo's.

Another thing I do after I have vaped 3 tankfuls,same procedure as above,this time I screw out the coil from base,adjust your AFC to the air hole you mostly use & hold the base under a running tap for a few seconds,this stops juice building up behind the AFC ring,(this happens more often on the big Nautilus) now give the base a good shake & dry it out as much as you can with a bit of kitchen roll & your good to go.

This is my way,but if there are better ways out there,I would like to know.
    Maybe I am too particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Hey guys. I was directed here from my thread because i have a problem with my new kanger subtank plus. I just got it yesterday and i noticed that there's ejuice leaking from the airhole and just earlier i noticed that there's some leaking from the outside as well. I tightened it a little bit more when i saw the airhole leak then the outside leak happened. Did i do something wrong? Should i try clean it out and try again or should i contact the seller? Not so sure what the 'rules' are regarding faulty stuff. Not sure if i should try fixing it myself or return it straight away.

Thank you guys :)

Edit: the outside leak leaks while i use the vape. I wipe it up, vape, then it's there again

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Hey guys. I was directed here from my thread because i have a problem with my new kanger subtank plus. I just got it yesterday and i noticed that there's ejuice leaking from the airhole and just earlier i noticed that there's some leaking from the outside as well. I tightened it a little bit more when i saw the airhole leak then the outside leak happened. Did i do something wrong? Should i try clean it out and try again or should i contact the seller? Not so sure what the 'rules' are regarding faulty stuff. Not sure if i should try fixing it myself or return it straight away.

Thank you guys :)

Edit: the outside leak leaks while i use the vape. I wipe it up, vape, then it's there again

Check that the seals around the glass tank are tight. If they aren't it can cause leaks from anywhere.

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Check that the seals around the glass tank are tight. If they aren't it can cause leaks from anywhere.

Sorry for being totally ignorant but how do i check it? Open it up or just from outside? And what am i looking out for?

• Advertisement

Sorry for being totally ignorant but how do i check it? Open it up or just from outside? And what am i looking out for?
    You can slide the glass tank down off the metal frame when the base has been removed so just make sure that it is snug at the top and that there isn't a gap between the base and the tank. If you look at any pictures of the subtank you'll see where the rubber seals / o-rings / washers (whatever you want to call them) should sit.
    The base should be screwed on tight enough to seal but don't over tighten it.

Shinobollo wrote: »
    You can slide the glass tank down off the metal frame when the base has been removed so just make sure that it is snug at the top and that there isn't a gap between the base and the tank. If you look at any pictures of the subtank you'll see where the rubber seals / o-rings / washers (whatever you want to call them) should sit.
    The base should be screwed on tight enough to seal but don't over tighten it.

Thank you. I'll open it up tonight. However, i was just looking at the tank and on the bottom o-ring, i see a little gap of what seems like air that comes and goes. Is that a bad thing or is it normal?

Also, another thing i realised, i am using the .5 ohm coil and i just saw earlier on the coil case that it's for use between 15w-30w. Ive been using it at 10w. Could that be a reason for the leak? I increased it earlier to 15w and i dont see the 'outside leak' anymore or at least it was reduced. Although i havent tried putting it on its side again as I am not at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Also, another thing i realised, i am using the .5 ohm coil and i just saw earlier on the coil case that it's for use between 15w-30w. Ive been using it at 10w. Could that be a reason for the leak? I increased it earlier to 15w and i dont see the 'outside leak' anymore or at least it was reduced. Although i havent tried putting it on its side again as I am not at home.

Yep, it could be and sounds like it is. Apparently the minimum wattage (15w) is because it wicks too fast to vape it at lower wattages, creating a pool of liquid that needs to go somewhere. In this case out of the airholes. That's just what I've read elsewhere so I'm not 100% on that but if vaping at 15w solves the leak then go with it.

Yep, it could be and sounds like it is. Apparently the minimum wattage (15w) is because it wicks too fast to vape it at lower wattages, creating a pool of liquid that needs to go somewhere. In this case out of the airholes. That's just what I've read elsewhere so I'm not 100% on that but if vaping at 15w solves the leak then go with it.

Well im still on the process of trying it out so ill report back later today. Thank you everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

If you're using the 0.5 coil at 10w you're sucking liquid through the system rather than vaping it, up it to 20-25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

I vape my Subtanks at 19.2w (3.4v) with the .5ohm coil on the istick 50w. Lovely vape with zero leaking, no crackling and no dry hits. :)

I vape mine at 28.5w,32w gives me a dryish hit.

I've left the tank now on its side for a while and there isn't a sign of leak from the airholes but now I see a very slight formation of liquid just below the glass bit. It's 'looks' like sweating but I am not using it so that's not even possible. Not too sure where this is coming from.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

I've left the tank now on its side for a while and there isn't a sign of leak from the airholes but now I see a very slight formation of liquid just below the glass bit. It's 'looks' like sweating but I am not using it so that's not even possible. Not too sure where this is coming from.

I'd say your coil isn't screwed tight enough, I had the same issue before with leakage from the air holes.

Thank you everyone. I've left it on its side for about an hour or so, maybe more(fell asleep :P) and I think the airhole leak is gone. But I still have this 'sweat-like' leak which either comes from the bottom of the glass or below that, not exactly sure. Should I just clean it out or try and find out where it's coming from? I'm thinking maybe it's the 'remains' of the excess liquid due to vaping on too low wattage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

really tempted to get a cloupor 30 mini but the loose back door is putting me off, anyone with a recent purchase that can tell me if this is fixed?

Thanks

Thank you everyone. I've left it on its side for about an hour or so, maybe more(fell asleep :P) and I think the airhole leak is gone. But I still have this 'sweat-like' leak which either comes from the bottom of the glass or below that, not exactly sure. Should I just clean it out or try and find out where it's coming from? I'm thinking maybe it's the 'remains' of the excess liquid due to vaping on too low wattage.

Keep an eye on this thread,they seem to have leaks as well...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95789227&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notification#post95789227

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I found that the OCC heads leaked if the tank wasn't used for a while, as if they just soaked up juice and it dripped down off the coil and in to the air holes.

I only use the rba head now though and I haven't had a single leak with that.

I found that the OCC heads leaked if the tank wasn't used for a while, as if they just soaked up juice and it dripped down off the coil and in to the air holes.

I only use the rba head now though and I haven't had a single leak with that.

Will be trying the RBA head after I finish my liquid or the OCC head is toasted, whichever one comes first :)

This is so weird now. I keep seeing this sweat-like leak on the outside. It's below the glass and above the airhole. Not sure where it's coming from. I tightened everything earlier today including the coil head thingy. Not so sure what else to do

I'm now thinking this might be right on. I've been vaping it for a few minutes straight now and there isn't one drop outside. I think I'll be moving to the RBA head as soon as possible.

I think the sweat-like leak is coming from above the gap above the airhole. Must be like a leftover from the leak I had or something. I didn't dry it out earlier so that could be it.

dball wrote: »
    really tempted to get a cloupor 30 mini but the loose back door is putting me off, anyone with a recent purchase that can tell me if this is fixed?

Thanks

I have one and the door has never come off. You could always get a cover or use a thin strip of velcro to secure it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm now thinking this might be right on. I've been vaping it for a few minutes straight now and there isn't one drop outside. I think I'll be moving to the RBA head as soon as possible.

I think the sweat-like leak is coming from above the gap above the airhole. Must be like a leftover from the leak I had or something. I didn't dry it out earlier so that could be it.

You could be over filling it. If you put too much juice in it can be forced up when you are screwing it together.

You don't need to screw it too tight as well, sometimes that can compress the seals too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

dball wrote: »

Thanks
    Loose back door?
    Do you mean thats its held on by magnets as designed (it is!), or that you read somewhere that the door will fall off? (it won't)
    I have 4 minis and one of them has a wee bit more 'play' in the door area, it just wiggles a little bit when I hold it, but the other three are stuck fast with the magnets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Diablo eliquid is no more, unless someone wants to buy the company :(

Advertisement