Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Diablo eliquid is no more, unless someone wants to buy the company :(

Well, that was unexpected.

They explode on to the scene with big discounts, get on to several respected, established websites (ESI, TBS) and then just go up in a puff of... Vapour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Any word what the schtory is? Website just says 'we're closed at the moment'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Yeah I was just about to post my last three reviews on their site and it was closed (thats over a week ago).
    The first three liquids I tried were pretty meh, but the last three were actually pretty good, with 666Park Avenue (?) being a stand out. I think the problem with those liquids is they awere shipped totally unsteeped, as they improved immeasurably after a couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

666 Park Avenue is one of my favourite liquids, tbh.

Don't know an awful lot, but he was unemployed when he started it, to try better his life and his kids' life.

He's lost his house and sh!t so I'd say he just cant afford the costs involved in a start up, and obviously isn't making enough money to cover costs yet.

Just to clarify - that's speculation!

• Advertisement

Damn, thats tough.
    I really wanted a good Irish liquid manufacturer.

Didihno wrote: »
    Damn, thats tough.
    I really wanted a good Irish liquid manufacturer.

But we have 100% Irish, premium ejuice made by Wicked in Waterford :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Isn't Wingnuts completely Irish? or at least i thought so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Here is what he had to say... (Taken from the FB page, hope he doesn't mind)

Hi all
    As some or all of you may know, I lost my house some months ago due to repossession. After that I was very lucky to have family and friends put a roof over my head and the heads of my kids. That enabled me to keep Diablo E Liquid afloat and operational but it was inevitably an untenable position.
    It is with intense sadness that I must immediately leave the market. I want to make it abundantly clear that this is in no way a wavering of faith on my part in the product. I started this business with the hope of building something that my kids could be proud of me for, and I was well on the way to doing that, but circumstances as they are mean that I cannot focus on this anymore.
    I always believed, and still do, that Diablo E Liquid is a premium juice brand, and in the 4+ months that I’ve been trading, the feedback and sales have agreed. It’s a 100% Irish grown and operated business and it is my sincerest hope that, while I’m leaving the business, somebody will see it for what it is and want to take up the mantle.
    With this in mind I am offering Diablo for sale. The vaping community is where I started, where I gained so much knowledge and above all, a lot of friends. Your custom, well wishes and advice have been invaluable to me in my venture and for that I will be eternally grateful to you all.
    Leaving the business is something I never considered an option, but for the sake of my children, I feel I’m left with no other. I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your kind words of support, advice and your custom.
    If any of you would like to know more about my business and would like some info on the sale offer, please get in touch via PM.
    Again, thank you to everybody and I’m sure we’ll cross paths in the future sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Anyone got contact details for this guy ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

This is from the Diablo FB page

Bru na Gruadan, Castletroy
    Limerick, Ireland
    087 332 1656

Pat Doran is the guy's name.

Cheers, on the phone at the moment so was easier to ask than start researching
    This is from the Diablo FB page

Bru na Gruadan, Castletroy
    Limerick, Ireland
    087 332 1656

Pat Doran is the guy's name.

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Cheers, on the phone at the moment so was easier to ask than start researching

I'm his friend on fb, want me to get ye in contact?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

Hi folks,
    Does anyone know if there is any hassle bringing 18650 batteries onto a plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

done it a few times.. nobody said anything

Allan45121 wrote: »
    done it a few times.. nobody said anything

Thanks for the reply did you carry them on in hand luggage or check them on in a suitcase?

No problem, I had 5 with me through security just a few weeks ago
    Tickityboo wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Does anyone know if there is any hassle bringing 18650 batteries onto a plane?

JH_raheny wrote: »
    No problem, I had 5 with me through security just a few weeks ago

Thanks I'll just carry them on so.

Most airlines now require lithium ion batteries to be in carry on only. They're not allowed in the hold.

Most airlines now require lithium ion batteries to be in carry on only. They're not allowed in the hold.

Yeah I read that last night.
    I've just got through and carried them on probs.

• Advertisement

But we have 100% Irish, premium ejuice made by Wicked in Waterford :P
    Actually Jenny, I've never even tried it.
    Would you recommend any of their flavours?
    How does it stack up to your mid range juices like your Wingnuts etc?

Actually Jenny, I've never even tried it.
    Would you recommend any of their flavours?
    How does it stack up to your mid range juices like your Wingnuts etc?

Please tell me you're joking?

Please tell me you're joking?
    Afraid not, you see I buy my juice here in Dublin in three stores, eCirette, Vape Caffe and occasionally ESI when I'm out that way.
    None of those stock Wicked. Honestly I'd never even heard of it until reading this thread. If its proper Irish made and of good quality I'd be more than willing to try it out.

Where is the place you work in?

Afraid not, you see I buy my juice here in Dublin in three stores, eCirette, Vape Caffe and occasionally ESI when I'm out that way.
    None of those stock Wicked. Honestly I'd never even heard of it until reading this thread. If its proper Irish made and of good quality I'd be more than willing to try it out.

Where is the place you work in?

Are you trying to infer that I'm a shill?

Because I don't work for Healthier Choice (or any retailer that sells Wicked), I've declared who I work for to mewso, I've not been shy about stating where I work, and I was more than clearly taking the p*ss out of that brand of muck liquids.

I work for vip. Feel free to search my posts - I've never recommended them, on this or previous accounts.

And if you want more nice, mid-range liquids, try vape world on Thomas street (who do stock wicked), or vapour pal in Georges street arcade. Both stock vampire vape liquid, and vappur pal stock halcyon haze.

Are you trying to infer that I'm a shill?

Because I don't work for Healthier Choice (or any retailer that sells Wicked), I've declared who I work for to mewso, I've not been shy about stating where I work, and I was more than clearly taking the p*ss out of that brand of muck liquids.

I work for vip. Feel free to search my posts - I've never recommended them, on this or previous accounts.
    Whoa there!
    I wasn't accusing you of anything, I knew you worked for vip and thats fine.
    I know your posts and you are fine, honest and even in your advice.
    I thought you stocked this Wicked stuff and was going to go try it out is all.

Honestly though, I didn't pick up on you taking the p1ss out of the Wicked stuff, I thought it was simply a low-mid range juice and Irish made.
    And if you want more nice, mid-range liquids, try vape world on Thomas street (who do stock wicked), or vapour pal in Georges street arcade. Both stock vampire vape liquid, and vappur pal stock halcyon haze.
    Haven't been to either shop, in fact never heard of the one in Georges St which might be within walking distance for me. Thomas St is out though, too far.
    Thanks for the info Jenny.

Yet you state in another post (in the which ecigarette to get thread) that the company isn't one you'd recommend, so you clearly have some knowledge of them.

You also stated that you've never heard of wicked liquid.

You've also stated that you thought the company I work for sells them and that you know I work for VIP, and that you thought I was sincere in my post about them being great - ie, you thought I was shilling.

Why ask where I work and pretend you've never heard of the brand?

If you're going to try call my integrity into account publicly, have the balls to admit you were incorrect.

Yet you state in another post (in the which ecigarette to get thread) that the company isn't one you'd recommend, so you clearly have some knowledge of them.
    You also stated that you've never heard of wicked liquid.
    I thought that was earlier in this thread, I didn't remember it was in another one. And the discussion IIRC was about the cr@ppy gear, not the liquids which yes, I'd never heard of, or don't remember hearing of.
    You've also stated that you thought the company I work for sells them and that you know I work for VIP, and that you thought I was sincere in my post about them being great - ie, you thought I was shilling.
    I know you work for VIP, and wasn't trying to even bring them into the convo.
    Where you work is your own business, honestly. I've been to a VIP stand, saw the gear and wasn't impressed, tasted some liquids and wasn't impressed. (haven't a clue what brand they were). But I know your posts on here Jenny, and I don't think you are a shill, if I did I'd speak to it. As I explained above I honestly thought you had these liquids and thought they were fine. I didn't pick up on the sarcasm.
    Why ask where I work and pretend you've never heard of the brand?
    Simply put, I was willing to come and try the liquids, and was enquiring which vip you were at, Nassau(?), SSG so I could drop in if I was in the area and say hello and try them out. Nothing deeper to read into it.
    If you're going to try call my integrity into account publicly, have the balls to admit you were incorrect.
    Seriously, you have taken the wrong meaning in my posts, I meant no offence and had no other motive than trying out a liquid and meeting a fellow vaper.
    Honestly thats all there is to it. Please don't be upset with me, it's too nice a day!

You know that healthier choice sell x, y and z hardware, but not the juice? Or the fact that wicked was very clearly mentioned in the thread, with them as a stockist? The same link you stated you wouldn't recommend.

Pull the other one.

I'll stick to Irish vaping and the other vape groups I'm on if this is the crap that goes on in here.

Later, lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

lads lads lads... c'mon tae funk..

Advertisement