Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

The coil is the one that is already on the rba deck when i got the tank. Are you saying this coil is the problem? If so, is there a fix for the coil or i should change it? I believe there is another coil for the rba deck in the box but im just not at home to check. Thank you very much.

I just tried to vape it again earlier and it is still the same feeling- either it's burnt or there's mo taste. I'm just not sure what the difference is because this is my first time experiencing this.

Thank you so much yet again for all you help guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

The coil is the one that is already on the rba deck when i got the tank. Are you saying this coil is the problem? If so, is there a fix for the coil or i should change it? I believe there is another coil for the rba deck in the box but im just not at home to check. Thank you very much.

I just tried to vape it again earlier and it is still the same feeling- either it's burnt or there's mo taste. I'm just not sure what the difference is because this is my first time experiencing this.

Thank you so much yet again for all you help guys.

I don't know what to say without looking at the coil,no taste or maybe burnt taste means a wicking prob.
    The pic you showed looks ok with no power added,as one of the guys said,less cotton needed around the liquid channel,you tried that & it's still the same.
    It's got to be the coil,pull the cotton out & pulse the coil & see if it is glowing evenly from the middle outwards & look at the legs from the coil to the posts to see if they are glowing or not.
    I don't have a subtank Plus,but the big one(25mm)the mini & all other attys are very similar but different ways of wicking,the principal should be the same if your coils are set-up right.
    Is there any vapor shops close to you that could check out your coil & maybe replace it.
    Shame that you live so far away from me,maybe others here who live closer.

Anyway,try that above & let me know what happens,if you are getting pissed off,try the other coil:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Check your coil like youdipstick was saying and those links, there is a wealth of info on the net and youtube.Maybe try what RIchieNouveau was saying to, heat your coils and and get rid of the gaps between the strands.

RBA's and RTA's had me saying "what's the bloody point" to but when you get the hang of it they are great and can save you a bunch of cash that you would be spending on packs of coils :)

When you get wire and start building your own coils I'm sure thing will get better.

I don't know what to say without looking at the coil,no taste or maybe burnt taste means a wicking prob.
    The pic you showed looks ok with no power added,as one of the guys said,less cotton needed around the liquid channel,you tried that & it's still the same.
    It's got to be the coil,pull the cotton out & pulse the coil & see if it is glowing evenly from the middle outwards & look at the legs from the coil to the posts to see if they are glowing or not.
    I don't have a subtank Plus,but the big one(25mm)the mini & all other attys are very similar but different ways of wicking,the principal should be the same if your coils are set-up right.
    Is there any vapor shops close to you that could check out your coil & maybe replace it.
    Shame that you live so far away from me,maybe others here who live closer.

Anyway,try that above & let me know what happens,if you are getting pissed off,try the other coil:D:D

When I pull out the cotton and pulse the coil, does the coil have to be dry before pulsing or will it dry itself anyway?

EDIT: Just did it. Here's a pic. I've no idea what I'm looking out for. So I just posted it up. Thanks again boards. :)
    352017.jpg

LazyPicti wrote: »
    Check your coil like youdipstick was saying and those links, there is a wealth of info on the net and youtube.Maybe try what RIchieNouveau was saying to, heat your coils and and get rid of the gaps between the strands.

RBA's and RTA's had me saying "what's the bloody point" to but when you get the hang of it they are great and can save you a bunch of cash that you would be spending on packs of coils :)

When you get wire and start building your own coils I'm sure thing will get better.

Well the primary reason why I went to the RBA head after a week of using the OCC heads is because the OCC head leaks.I can't remember who it was that said it here but he told me about the premade heads leaking and that he used the RBA head and had no leaks at all(except the username :P). I'm very sure about that now because since I put the RBA head on it yesterday, I have no leaks whatsoever. So in my mind, that was the OCC head that actually came in the tank so I'm thinking that the chances of getting one of those leaky heads again is pretty high.

The saving cash bit is just a really great bonus :P

I will be ordering wire, the coil stick thingy and a ceramic tweezer so I can try out this coiling thing. Hopefully they arrive by wednesday so I can bring them with me on my mini holiday. :)

• Advertisement

In the photo,it is impossible to see any hot spots,the second video is a dual coil,just think of it as a single coil build.When cutting the cotton pad,cut in the same direction of the grain.with some of these videos,just push the video forward to the rebuilding part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8rO6PoMgU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d24KY-uw7dM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFIVvyDdCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9io9tbrEro

In the photo,it is impossible to see any hot spots,the second video is a dual coil,just think of it as a single coil build.When cutting the cotton pad,cut in the same direction of the grain.with some of these videos,just push the video forward to the rebuilding part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8rO6PoMgU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d24KY-uw7dM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFIVvyDdCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9io9tbrEro

erm. I can try and take a video of the thing looking around it or something but how long is the maximum I can dry run it?

Thank you for the videos. I will be making coils soon but for now, I kinda have to figure out what's wrong with the current setup so that I know what to look out for when I'm actually building the coil myself.

erm. I can try and take a video of the thing looking around it or something but how long is the maximum I can dry run it?

Thank you for the videos. I will be making coils soon but for now, I kinda have to figure out what's wrong with the current setup so that I know what to look out for when I'm actually building the coil myself.

A video wouldn't help,look at the 3rd video,it shows the original coil & wicking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

**** the coil out and start from scratch, only way to learn, we were all there at some stage

A major fact that I have seen is to see daylight where the juice channel is when the bottom half of the chimney is screwed down,move the cotton away from the juice channel.

• Advertisement

JH_raheny wrote: »
    **** the coil out and start from scratch, only way to learn, we were all there at some stage

I was waiting for my mind to tell me that exact sentence. You beat my mind to it :P I just installed the new coil from the box. Fortunately, it's a 0.5ohm too.
    A major fact that I have seen is to see daylight where the juice channel is when the bottom half of the chimney is screwed down,move the cotton away from the juice channel.

Yes. That's one of the main things that I picked up from the 3rd video. Thank you

Well. I must be doing something horribly wrong.. It's still the same. Pretty much no flavor/burnt taste. I've changed the coil and cotton. I've left it for about an hour now to make sure the cotton's soaked in liquid but nothing new. I have to get it into a shop or something. I just can't figure it out myself.

Thank you for all your help guys.

Well. I must be doing something horribly wrong.. It's still the same. Pretty much no flavor/burnt taste. I've changed the coil and cotton. I've left it for about an hour now to make sure the cotton's soaked in liquid but nothing new. I have to get it into a shop or something. I just can't figure it out myself.

Thank you for all your help guys.

The only other thing that could cause the problem is the actual juice channels could be faulty,I had to use a dremel twice,on one rta,channel was too narrow & the second rta had the peek insulator covering the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

When you put it back together and soak the cotton, do you get a burned taste on the first hit? When you take a few pulls do you see bubbles? Which air hole are you using?
    I ask the last question because these tanks rely on a vacuum being created when you draw. The vacuum sucks liquid into the build deck, the cotton absorbs it, and this creates negative pressure in the juice tank. Because the cotton holds the liquid,the juice tank sucks in air to compensate for the vacuum, and you should see bubbles rising from the bottom. If you are using the biggest air hole and not (excuse the expression) sucking hard enough, you won't suck enough juice into the deck.
    My build only works on the 2 smaller air settings if I go to the biggest one I get dry hits. Doesn't bother me as I don't tend to suck too hard. :-)

Allan45121 wrote: »
    When you put it back together and soak the cotton, do you get a burned taste on the first hit? When you take a few pulls do you see bubbles? Which air hole are you using?
    I ask the last question because these tanks rely on a vacuum being created when you draw. The vacuum sucks liquid into the build deck, the cotton absorbs it, and this creates negative pressure in the juice tank. Because the cotton holds the liquid,the juice tank sucks in air to compensate for the vacuum, and you should see bubbles rising from the bottom. If you are using the biggest air hole and not (excuse the expression) sucking hard enough, you won't suck enough juice into the deck.
    My build only works on the 2 smaller air settings if I go to the biggest one I get dry hits. Doesn't bother me as I don't tend to suck too hard. :-)

I wet the cotton using some drops as said in videos and also to be able to kind of shape the cotton into place as shown in one of the videos. Yes there is no taste on the first hit. I can't really see the bubbles but maybe that's because I don't vape it a lot because of the taste or lack of. I'm using the medium sized hole.

EDIT: Just took a drag off it while it's off just to see if I was sucking enough. Got juice on my mouth and I saw a bubble from the bottom

The only other thing that could cause the problem is the actual juice channels could be faulty,I had to use a dremel twice,on one rta,channel was too narrow & the second rta had the peek insulator covering the channel.

If this was the case, shouldn't I at least get some flavour on the first hit because I do wet the cotton before putting everything together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

If this was the case, shouldn't I at least get some flavour on the first hit because I do wet the cotton before putting everything together?

Yeah, you should. I wonder is there a problem with the seals on it causing the lack of flavour on the first drag and throwing off the vacuum causing dry hits on subsequent ones. Did it come with replacement o rings? I'd replace all of them and test again.

This is not a good intro to vaping for you! It's usually a lot more simple than this. Although, I suppose you're in at the deepens with sub ohm and rebuilding so things can only get better.

Yeah, you should. I wonder is there a problem with the seals on it causing the lack of flavour on the first drag and throwing off the vacuum causing dry hits on subsequent ones. Did it come with replacement o rings? I'd replace all of them and test again.

This is not a good intro to vaping for you! It's usually a lot more simple than this. Although, I suppose you're in at the deepens with sub ohm and rebuilding so things can only get better.

If the o rings were the problem then shouldn't I have had the problem when using the OCC coil heads? I would do that but I'm not so sure it would help and I was planning on going into a shop and find out what the hell is wrong with it so do you think I should try it first or just go into a shop?

Yeah unfortunately. It has actually put my mood down so much today. Getting frustrated with everything. Bad OCC head, leak everywhere, dodgy this, no taste there. I think that's enough thinking about the vape for tonight.

If you are getting vapour then you should get flavour. Unless you are using unflavoured ejuice. Are you getting vapour? If you are getting a decent amount of vapour when you first use it after soaking the wicks then you must be getting some flavour.

If you are getting vapour then you should get flavour. Unless you are using unflavoured ejuice. Are you getting vapour? If you are getting a decent amount of vapour when you first use it after soaking the wicks then you must be getting some flavour.

Yes maybe you're right. I am getting flavour. But it is definitely not strawberry like the flavour I'm getting when I was using the OCC coil heads. It's almost a burnt flavour. But I just don't feel that it's as bad as what the people here describe as 'dry hit' which is why I am a little reluctant on calling it burnt flavour.

I'm now thinking it could even be one of those stupidly obvious things that I'm just not seeing that is causing all of these problems.. :confused::confused: or maybe I'm thinking about it too much...

• Advertisement

Yes maybe you're right. I am getting flavour. But it is definitely not strawberry like the flavour I'm getting when I was using the OCC coil heads. It's almost a burnt flavour. But I just don't feel that it's as bad as what the people here describe as 'dry hit' which is why I am a little reluctant on calling it burnt flavour.

My advice, as nobody here can see or play with your build is take it into a shop, ask them to have a look at it and see what they say. I doubt it's a faulty tank it is almost undoubtedly user error. No offence.
    I will say though that I have "drilled out" my 8 subtank RDA's cuz I found they couldn't keep up when I chain vaped but I never had issues like you have described.

My advice, as nobody here can see or play with your build is take it into a shop, ask them to have a look at it and see what they say. I doubt it's a faulty tank it is almost undoubtedly user error. No offence.
    I will say though that I have "drilled out" my 8 subtank RDA's cuz I found they couldn't keep up when I chain vaped but I never had issues like you have described.

No offence taken. I know it's most likely my fault but it's just so annoying that I can't figure out what the crap is going on nevermind trying to resolve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Could anyone comment as to wether to what people are referring to as "tanks" are effectively just larger bigger clearomizers? Will they fit the standard batteries, for example an eGo Firebird or similar? Are all clearomizers and batteries interchangeable or is there some exceptions to the rule?

subscriber wrote: »
    Could anyone comment as to wether to what people are referring to as "tanks" are effectively just larger bigger clearomizers? Will they fit the standard batteries, for example an eGo Firebird or similar? Are all clearomizers and batteries interchangeable or is there some exceptions to the rule?

Most ecigs have either 510 threads or ego threads. There adapters available to go between the two. This essentially means they can all be screwed together. Wether they are safe to use together depends on the amp limit of your battery and the resistance of the atomiser

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

These Kanger Subtank Clearomizers seem to be proving to be quiet popular amongst people. Is that purely down to the fact that it holds a larger amount of liquid or are they also more effective at delivering flavour?
    I'm also trying to figure out exactly what a rebuildable is and the purpose of it?...and also if it is fair to say that most people are now using clearomizers over carto's and atty's? Are the carto's and atty's a thing of the past or are people still quite devided on this?

Thanks for jumping in Al,I have not used any of the RBA's on the Subtank yet,waiting to finish all my stock coils first,you mention that only your build wicks properly with the 2 smaller air holes open,do you know if there is a build that can cope with the biggest air holes open,the reviewers seems to have no problems with it fully open,I'll have to investigate more about these Subtanks,I wouldn't use the RBA if I couldn't get the full airflow.
    Maybe the juice channels need widening or drill a 3mm hole straight through the chimney part & run the cotton through the coil that way,similar to the stock coil.
    Only other solution is,use Nic wire with temperature control:D:D:D

Thanks for jumping in Al,I have not used any of the RBA's on the Subtank yet,waiting to finish all my stock coils first,you mention that only your build wicks properly with the 2 smaller air holes open,do you know if there is a build that can cope with the biggest air holes open,the reviewers seems to have no problems with it fully open,I'll have to investigate more about these Subtanks,I wouldn't use the RBA if I couldn't get the full airflow.
    Maybe the juice channels need widening or drill a 3mm hole straight through the chimney part & run the cotton through the coil that way,similar to the stock coil.
    Only other solution is,use Nic wire with temperature control:D:D:D

Ha ha! I am trying to resist the jump to temp control, already got the other half questioning my spending ("do you really need all this stuff?!") yes woman, I do. :-)

I've found the key is having enough cotton through the coil to hold a good bit of juice but I trim the ends so they just touch the bottom of the deck. Also I try not to push the ends against the positive block, it's better to keep the ends as fluffy as pos.
    I have built 0.5 ohm coils and tried them on the biggest air hole but it always dry hits. My build is 1.4 at 17w on second air hole.
    I believe the hole through the chimney method would be the best way to get it to wick at largest air hole. I'm gonna buy some of the' mini rba plus' decks when they become available. They have the holes through the chimney section, and reviews look positive.

I was just at the vape cafe and it was crazy. I'm dumbfounded. The guy in there just did the block airhole suck air trick a few times. Took a drag off it himself, and said 'seems fine to me'. I was shocked. Tried it myself. Then told him, it's like I've never even tasted this juice before. I have no idea what happened. I did the same trick on this exact build yesterday. That guy clearly does magic. Props to vape cafe.

Side note: Went to another shop before vape cafe because it was closer to me. The girl knows a little bit about the vaping stuff but the only thing she said she could think of is that I got 2 wonky coils. Not blaming her or anything but I just don't think I'm going back in that shop in the future :P

is it working well now?
    keeping up?

• Advertisement

is it working well now?
    keeping up?

I'm just not used to the taste that it's giving me now but I believe that it is working well. It's a bit of a stronger strawberry but like a completely different flavour to when I was using the OCC.

I was vaping it continuously on the way home and the only problem as the guy in vape cafe said, is that there is a little bit of spitting. But the flavour is always there, no dry hits all the way home. :)

Advertisement