Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I'm just not used to the taste that it's giving me now but I believe that it is working well. It's a bit of a stronger strawberry but like a completely different flavour to when I was using the OCC.

I was vaping it continuously on the way home and the only problem as the guy in vape cafe said, is that there is a little bit of spitting. But the flavour is always there, no dry hits all the way home. :)

Great stuff,some strawberry will spit back at you,I have a dripper with home made custard & if it sits for an hour or two,I have to face it away from me & hold the power button until it goes bang & spits,holy schit,it's a barsteward but the flavour is tops:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

Can't decide between the subtank mini and the billow.
    Using istick 30w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Great stuff,some strawberry will spit back at you,I have a dripper with home made custard & if it sits for an hour or two,I have to face it away from me & hold the power button until it goes bang & spits,holy schit,it's a barsteward but the flavour is tops:D:D:D

Thanks for all your help. Also LazyPicti and Alan and everyone else. Greatly appreciated. :D

Much love,
    Very happy vaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

irishsid wrote: »
    Can't decide between the subtank mini and the billow.
    Using istick 30w
    I can't speak to the Billow, but the subtank mini is a truly excellent atomiser.
    Things I like:
    No leaks. Great flavour off the stock coils, better flavour off the rebuildable deck (but only marginally better). Easy to fill. Easy to clean. Massive range of airflow, from tight like a kayfun to wide open like a Stillaire or similar dripper.

Things I don't like: Pricey stock coils (but you get a rebuildable deck). Bottom O-Ring seems to let juice seep past it (though it doesn't leak out or anything). Wobbly drip tip (its so stupid to fit a single o-ring drip tip into a fairly big hole, they should have used two o-rings or one much larger one like on the Atlantis).

Overall the cons are nothing, and the pros are substantial.
    This is a great tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I changed the coil in my nautilus and I'm getting juice in my mouth since I did, also a gurgling sound and small bits of juice seeping from the air hole. What did I do wrong ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

You managed to flood it, take apart, dry up and start over

JH_raheny wrote: »
    You managed to flood it, take apart, dry up and start over

Will I rinse it all with water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Only the mouth piece, the rest can be dried with some paper towel. Once the base were the coil screws in is dry it's all good to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

I know taste is totally subjective and what you like is probably not what I'll like and all that stuff... But I'm looking to buy 5x30ml bottles of juice for dripping when I'm in the man cave, and I want some "wow" juice. I've only had one "wow" juice before and it was Red Astaire. I first tried it on a ego vv and a protank 3 and it's the only time that I was totally blown away by a juice. I must have vaped 2 litres of the stuff now and it still is the one juice that just feels right.
    So I thought I'd try some other folks favourites. I think my price limit it €20 per bottle and even at that (as a stingy scotsman) i'll probably hate spending it :-)
    So far I have on the list - strawberry fields and mmm doughnuts from abstract vape
    Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Allan45121 wrote: »
    I know taste is totally subjective and what you like is probably not what I'll like and all that stuff... But I'm looking to buy 5x30ml bottles of juice for dripping when I'm in the man cave, and I want some "wow" juice. I've only had one "wow" juice before and it was Red Astaire. I first tried it on a ego vv and a protank 3 and it's the only time that I was totally blown away by a juice. I must have vaped 2 litres of the stuff now and it still is the one juice that just feels right.
    So I thought I'd try some other folks favourites. I think my price limit it €20 per bottle and even at that (as a stingy scotsman) i'll probably hate spending it :-)
    So far I have on the list - strawberry fields and mmm doughnuts from abstract vape
    Any recommendations?

I vape DIY 80VG Calipitter chow from Mon & Pops exclusively in my Cthulhu RTA, 8ml per day was easy until i had to start limiting myself to 1 tank per day.

It kinda tastes like toffee/caramel popcorn, it's bloody good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

LazyPicti wrote: »
    I vape DIY 80VG Calipitter chow from Mon & Pops exclusively in my Cthulhu RTA, 8ml per day was easy until i had to start limiting myself to 1 tank per day.

It kinda tastes like toffee/caramel popcorn, it's bloody good stuff.

Excellent.. I've got m&p concentrate from chefs vapour before (grasshopper) where do you get yours from?

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Excellent.. I've got m&p concentrate from chefs vapour before (grasshopper) where do you get yours from?

LeisureLiquids but it sells out fast, justvape247 have it to but the delivery price is steep.

Thanks for the heads up on Chefs vapour Allan, delivery price seems to be fair.

Air control for the Newbies & the Oldies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs77IoTOlco

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I changed the coil in my nautilus and I'm getting juice in my mouth since I did, also a gurgling sound and small bits of juice seeping from the air hole. What did I do wrong ?
    Also with the nautilus mini, I find cotton buds (the ones on the sticks) are your best friend, I swab the inside of my nautilus daily with one and it helps a lots with the condensation and spitback.

Didihno wrote: »
    Also with the nautilus mini, I find cotton buds (the ones on the sticks) are your best friend, I swab the inside of my nautilus daily with one and it helps a lots with the condensation and spitback.

Thanks Il give that a go

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Thanks Il give that a go
    Actually the cotton buds are great for all atomisers not just the Nautilus.

This looks like the easiest building rda I have seen lately.A couple of vidros...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQtDMdtgSq0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95HrkQmkrw4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

I get the mah bit but the 15A & 20A options are something i dont get, can someone advise which would be best suited to the cloupor mini

LG 18650 HG2 20A 3000mah
    Our Price: €7.50

The new LG 18650 HG2 20A 3000mah battery is perfect for vv/vw mods. Continuous 20A discharge. Flat top.

Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000Mah
    Our Price: €7.50

New Samsung high drain batteries with 3000Mah capacity and continuous 15A discharge. Flat top.

thanks

Just built a coil using kanthal a1 that was suggested to me a few days back. 3mm inner diameter, 6 loops, pulsed to remove gaps between loops. My iStick's ohm reading on it changes between 0.8-1.4ohm. Not even when I turn the stick off and on, it just does it while being on. Seems like it does it after every vape. What did I do wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind :P Just googled the problem and it was one of the screws for the coil which was a little lose. :)

Just built a coil using kanthal a1 that was suggested to me a few days back. 3mm inner diameter, 6 loops, pulsed to remove gaps between loops. My iStick's ohm reading on it changes between 0.8-1.4ohm. Not even when I turn the stick off and on, it just does it while being on. Seems like it does it after every vape. What did I do wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind :P Just googled the problem and it was one of the screws for the coil which was a little lose. :)

I was just about to say check your screws,when ohms jump like that,it's usually a screw loose,nearly all Philip head screws on posts seem to loosen alot when working on the coil,hex or allen key type screws hardly ever loosen.

Here is something I do when the coil is attached,before I cut the legs from the posts,I give the legs a bit of a wiggle,if I see the coil move while wiggling,then the screw is loose

Here is a video of the Authentic Velocity RDA priced at over a €100,a couple of us on here have bought the clones for a tenner each,some saving,this video will also help new builders on how easy it is to build on a cheap but great RDA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hpLPTrySkE

This shows the Black one https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10014538/2513500-velocity-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer

I have just been looking on the Vaperus site & there has been no new products available since last year,anybody know why?

Yet another leaking problem on my subtank plus :( i'm thinking maybe I should change my username..

Well here's the story..There was a leak on the RBA deck while I was using the 2 stock coils that came with the tank. I didn't mind them because I was thinking maybe I flooded it with all the block-the-airhole-suck-juice-into-coil trick that I did to it. Also, when I tried to change the wick/coil on it a few times, I didn't really dry it because I wanted to make it work first. So that was fine. I thought that the leak was just as expected.

But now, I rinsed everything with hot water, dried everything, made a new coil and put it on, dry fired, pulsed, pinched, wicked, etc. So I thought everything should be perfect. And it was. Until just now when I left it at about a 45degree angle for about an hour in the car while I was driving. Picked it up and saw the leak. Definitely through the airhole. Any advice?

The seals, your tank is losing pressure somehow that's why it's leaking out the airflow

JH_raheny wrote: »
    The seals, your tank is losing pressure somehow that's why it's leaking out the airflow

So should I swap over to the black seals to see if that's the problem?

I would take it apart, clean real good, replace all seals that came as spares

• Advertisement

Is there a chance that I'm actually doing something wrong..?

I put some juice into the middle of the coil when I've closed the RBA enclosure before putting the tank on. Could that be something that I'm doing wrong?

I'm trying to think of any other reason why this is happening but I can't think of any..

Advertisement