Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

You could have been a bit to eager priming the coil, how much you drip in there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

JH_raheny wrote: »
    You could have been a bit to eager priming the coil, how much you drip in there ?

I wet the cotton a little bit in order to shape it the way I wanted as I saw on a video. Then after putting the RBA enclosures on, I drip maybe around 5 drops in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I wet the cotton a little bit in order to shape it the way I wanted as I saw on a video. Then after putting the RBA enclosures on, I drip maybe around 5 drops in there.

No need to drip in to the RBA the way you do with the OCC's, and I'd wager that that's causing the leak.

No need to drip in to the RBA the way you do with the OCC's, and I'd wager that that's causing the leak.

But is it ok to wet the cotton a little bit just to shape it into place?

Yeah that's fine and necessary, it's also why you don't need to drip in ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

With liquid though, right?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    With liquid though, right?

Yes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I believe the Melo uses the same coils (more or less) than the Atlantis.

Is it any better

What about the Lemo, is that any good?

I believe the Melo uses the same coils (more or less) than the Atlantis.

Is it any better

What about the Lemo, is that any good?

I have Lemo, Lemo2, Lemo drop and they're all great but Lemo 2 isn't really for mouth to lung inhale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

dball wrote: »
    I get the mah bit but the 15A & 20A options are something i dont get, can someone advise which would be best suited to the cloupor mini

LG 18650 HG2 20A 3000mah
    Our Price: €7.50
    The new LG 18650 HG2 20A 3000mah battery is perfect for vv/vw mods. Continuous 20A discharge. Flat top.

Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000Mah
    Our Price: €7.50
    New Samsung high drain batteries with 3000Mah capacity and continuous 15A discharge. Flat top.
    thanks
    I can't speak to the quality of LG batteries, I never used one (well not a directly branded one anyway).
    In my Cloupors I use Sony VTC4's (30A continuous) and Samsung 25R's (25A max c). I also have a single Purple Efest 35A battery which has worked fine, but drains pretty quickly I find.
    I use my batteries with coil resistances between .5 and 1ohm usually, and never really go higher than 25w on the cloupors. Satisfies me.

• Advertisement

I have Lemo, Lemo2, Lemo drop and they're all great but Lemo 2 isn't really for mouth to lung inhale

How do you get on with filling them? From the reviews they look a bit fiddly

They're not to bad, lemo2 has the easy top filling, the other two come with a rubber yolk you can use instead of the screws

I might invest in one then. I'm getting bored of the sub tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

Didihno wrote: »
    I can't speak to the quality of LG batteries, I never used one (well not a directly branded one anyway).
    In my Cloupors I use Sony VTC4's (30A continuous) and Samsung 25R's (25A max c). I also have a single Purple Efest 35A battery which has worked fine, but drains pretty quickly I find.
    I use my batteries with coil resistances between .5 and 1ohm usually, and never really go higher than 25w on the cloupors. Satisfies me.

Thanks for the reply, Im not too familiar with the LG either - it was more a concern/question about the 15A or the 20A option. I understand vv and vw but after that im lost when it comes to A's

They're not to bad, lemo2 has the easy top filling, the other two come with a rubber yolk you can use instead of the screws

How do they compare to the fogger 4.1?

How do they compare to the fogger 4.1?

Different beast altogether but I'm using lemo2 and not even looking at the fogger, personal taste comes in to that though, both are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I have cancelled my order....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9zpqNPKGVk

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

First time vaper, been lurking here the last few days, finally bought a evod yesterday for E25 with a merchant. Anyone any opinions on this type of e cigg, are they any good etc.

Also, just curious, I smoked 20 marlborro lights a day every hour or half hour, told the guy and he said 18mg would do me. My real question is should I use the e cigg in the same way as I used the analog, like every hour/half hour. Ive read that it doesnt really work that way so any advice appreciated.

As far as replacing batteries, do I have to get the same Kanger evod battery or do other brands fit it or how does it work?

Never used the EVOD but it looks a bit old school and battery being only 650mah you would struggle to make it last all day

The evod is ok as a starter, certainly better than a cigalike.

Use it however you like, you will soon get used to it and find out what suits you best. The trick is to do whatever keeps you off the fags.

• Advertisement

The evod is ok as a starter, certainly better than a cigalike.

Use it however you like, you will soon get used to it and find out what suits you best. The trick is to do whatever keeps you off the fags.

Im in a bit of a messy situation.

Week 1.

Went cold turkey, full blown flu for a week.

Week 2.

Serious withdrawls, toughed it out but went on the patch @ 24mg at the end of week 2.

Week 3.

Now I was on the patch 2 weeks, doing no good, said screw this im getting a e cig, that was yesterday and im off the patch.

So I was 3 weeks without ciggs, now im on the e cigg day 2. I still feel like crap do and am depressed and down. Do they take a while to kick in or is 18mg too low.

My current state is very low mood, depression, tired, anxious, low concentration. Ive been this way since quitting and was hoping the e cigg would make me feel normal again.

Should I go stronger or wait a few days?

Hi BlackPhoenix,

This is just my opinion so take with a pinch of salt. If I were you, I'd go up to 24mg IF you're having cravings.. I started on 18mg and had no no problems, it was actually no harder than continuing smoking. All of the low mood and stuff (sorry to hear that btw, I'm not being dismissive) could be attributed to the flu you had and other factors, so without cigarette cravings I wouldn't put that down to nicotine withdrawal at all.

In my view, people shouldn't be scared to go up the nicotine levels. It's not that hard to climb down when you decide to and the most important thing is that the transition from cigs to vaping goes smoothly.

Hope that helps.

Hi BlackPhoenix,

This is just my opinion so take with a pinch of salt. If I were you, I'd go up to 24mg IF you're having cravings.. I started on 18mg and had no no problems, it was actually no harder than continuing smoking. All of the low mood and stuff (sorry to hear that btw, I'm not being dismissive) could be attributed to the flu you had and other factors, so without cigarette cravings I wouldn't put that down to nicotine withdrawal at all.

In my view, people shouldn't be scared to go up the nicotine levels. It's not that hard to climb down when you decide to and the most important thing is that the transition from cigs to vaping goes smoothly.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input as im suffering here for 3 weeks ha.

I mean the flu was 3 weeks ago, i came out of that and have all cigg withdrawals you can think of and there not going away.

Its like this, I was a1 happy out, then quit and its been a nightmare ever since so its definitely withdrawals, im convinced. Im going to get 24mg today and see.

Any more thought appreciated.

Does your evod work with Watts or Volts,24mg will work for you & this will depend on how much power you give it.
    Never had an evod but need to know how high your battery can go.

You got this far so stick with it, the side effects are most likely related to all the other crap there is in cigarettes besides nicotine, I hardly had a nights sleep the first 3 weeks and when I did sleep I had weird crazy dreams.
    Perosnally I would recommend a better kit than the evod if you were a 20 a day smoker and just have the evod as a back up thing

Does your evod work with Watts or Volts,24mg will work for you & this will depend on how much power you give it.
    Never had an evod but need to know how high your battery can go.

On the back of the package it says battery 650mAh/900/1100 but doesnt say which it is.

The usb says

usb input DC4.5-6V 500mAh
    usb output DC4.2V 400mAh
    usb port 5V adapter...
    You got this far so stick with it, the side effects are most likely related to all the other crap there is in cigarettes besides nicotine, I hardly had a nights sleep the first 3 weeks and when I did sleep I had weird crazy dreams.
    Perosnally I would recommend a better kit than the evod if you were a 20 a day smoker and just have the evod as a back up thing

I sleep okish but when I wake up im on zobie mode all day. Just got 24mg now in coffee flavor, very nice so ill try it for the day and hope for the best.

I wont be buying another atm, but if I do what would you recommend and wheres a good place to buy it?

On the back of the package it says battery 650mAh/900/1100 but doesnt say which it is.

The usb says

usb input DC4.5-6V 500mAh
    usb output DC4.2V 400mAh
    usb port 5V adapter...

I sleep okish but when I wake up im on zobie mode all day. Just got 24mg now in coffee flavor, very nice so ill try it for the day and hope for the best.

I wont be buying another atm, but if I do what would you recommend and wheres a good place to buy it?

In my opinion & probably others will tell you that evod is bluddy useless,maybe ok for 20minutes & then the volts drop down rapidly.
    That 650/900 just means the amount of mili amp hours,like 900mah will last longer than a 650mah(we just call this MA).
    I don't know if you will get much of a throat hit even with 24mg,you just might until the evod drops power.
    You really need a new setup to enjoy the taste & performance of a decent battery.
    If you want to know about & where to get,just let us know,good luck with that coffee.

That's what I found with the small beginner set-ups, they just about take the works of the cravings but wont last the day, you would be much better off investing in a set-up like an iStick50 with a good tank

In my opinion & probably others will tell you that evod is bluddy useless,maybe ok for 20minutes & then the volts drop down rapidly.
    That 650/900 just means the amount of mili amp hours,like 900mah will last longer than a 650mah(we just call this MA).
    I don't know if you will get much of a throat hit even with 24mg,you just might until the evod drops power.
    You really need a new setup to enjoy the taste & performance of a decent battery.
    If you want to know about & where to get,just let us know,good luck with that coffee.
    That's what I found with the small beginner set-ups, they just about take the works of the cravings but wont last the day, you would be much better off investing in a set-up like an iStick50 with a good tank

I dont know what a throat hit is but i can feel it in my throat when i inhale and also plenty smoke comes out when i exhale...

Where can i get a good one so guys?

If I got a 1100 battery wouldnt that make a difference?

• Advertisement

Where can i get a good one so guys?

If I got a 1100 battery wouldnt that make a difference?

the 1100 would last a bit longer obviously but the difference between evod and newer set-up would be like night and day.
    iStick50 can be got from esmoke ireland for 60 and will last even the heaviest of vaper the full day and more due to the 4400mah battery in it
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/istick50.htm

paired with a subtank like this one you would have a good set-up and also have the option for the future to build your own coils to save a few quid
    http://www.bargainvapour.com/KANGER_SUBTANK/p1274299_13522388.aspx

Advertisement