Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Hi Guys,

I have a fully charged Kanger eGo-Twist battery. But when I connect it to an atomizer it does not work. Any ideas why/how I can fix it please?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

iba wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have a fully charged Kanger eGo-Twist battery. But when I connect it to an atomizer it does not work. Any ideas why/how I can fix it please?

Thanks

You need to prize the positive pin out slightly on your clearo.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Seniorpeazel

JH_raheny wrote:
    Lol you officially have the buy bug now :-)

Looks like it!
    Spent quite a but in the shop and they brought out a random box of sample juices (30 ml bottles ranging from 0mg to about 6mg) and told me to take one to try it.

Will definitely be back in to them...think the next step is mixing my own juices...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Looks like it!
    Spent quite a but in the shop and they brought out a random box of sample juices (30 ml bottles ranging from 0mg to about 6mg) and told me to take one to try it.

Will definitely be back in to them...think the next step is mixing my own juices...

You won't regret taking the step into mixing, saves a lot of money in the long run and it's a bit of fun as well

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Grougy

iba wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thanks

If that standard cleromizer like youdipstick said raise the + pin but if youre using atomizer remember standard battery will work with coil head aprox 1,1 ohm and up, if resistance are lower only mods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

You need to prize the positive pin out slightly on your clearo.

Sorry, I do not understand how to prize the pin on the clearo. I don't even see it. And the clearo works on my other batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

It's the pin on the battery you need to move up a little. Get something small and pointed and push it up at on side then the other, gently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Recieved my Ucan V2 from fasttech today. I have been caught a few times needing juice and now with this thing on my keychain I will always have an emergency supply. A little pricey, but really useful and pretty much indistructable, so while the price is a little steep, I should have it forever.

Check it out if you think it might be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Seniorpeazel

JH_raheny wrote: »
    You won't regret taking the step into mixing, saves a lot of money in the long run and it's a bit of fun as well

I think i will just need to develop some patience. The whole steeping process would probably annoy me at first as I am pretty positive i will want to get vaping on any mixes straight away!

Definitely think im going to give it a go though, whats the worst that could happen :p

I think i will just need to develop some patience. The whole steeping process would probably annoy me at first as I am pretty positive i will want to get vaping on any mixes straight away!

Definitely think im going to give it a go though, whats the worst that could happen :p

What could go wrong mmm:rolleyes: waiting patiently for up to 6 weeks for the juice to steep & then it tastes like schit :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I was thinking of buying a Royal Hunter RDA Clone,all the specs on it will suit my needs except for the poxy philip head screws,they are very small & difficult to tighten down.
    Has anybody got one of these & tried screwing down the screws with a long nose pliers,what I really want to know is,is there enough screw at the top to grip it with pliers & turn it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I was thinking of buying a Royal Hunter RDA Clone,all the specs on it will suit my needs except for the poxy philip head screws,they are very small & difficult to tighten down.
    Has anybody got one of these & tried screwing down the screws with a long nose pliers,what I really want to know is,is there enough screw at the top to grip it with pliers & turn it.
    Woot?
    Why on earth would you want to use a pliers?
    Honestly, a screwdriver is plenty to tighten any atty using screws.
    Hell, you shouldn't even be overtightening as most clones will clip wires when overtightened (and more than a few originals too).

Didihno wrote: »
    Woot?
    Why on earth would you want to use a pliers?
    Honestly, a screwdriver is plenty to tighten any atty using screws.
    Hell, you shouldn't even be overtightening as most clones will clip wires when overtightened (and more than a few originals too).

On most atty's a screw driver would suffice but on a Hunter the screw heads are so small & they will round off in no time,even the screwdriver that comes with it is no good,using pliers will just snug it down nicely to make that connection with twisted Nickel & Kanthal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Oh, I get you now.
    Lol, I just thought it sounded a bit mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Damo85x

Hey guys im new around here and looking for a bit of advice.

I ordered an evic vt a few weeks ago off an Irish vendor and after a few days I had problems with the temp mode and my button sticking. I emailed the vendor and they told me to send it back and they would see what they could do. I sent it and waited like a week with no news so I emailed them and they responded a few hours later telling me a new unit was being sent back to me.

I got the unit and looked like my old unit no plastic wrap etc. I checked the puff count on it and it was over 800 not far from what mine was at. I vape it for a few hours and my button is still sticking. I email them and say as much and they email me back saying it is a new unit and the reason there is 800 puffs is that they tested the device to make sure there was no issues with it.

I dont know what to do next really im stuck with a device that doesn't work and the vendor either lied or the device just managed to have the same problem after I use it. What should I do next? I feel like I cant go back to the vendor as I told them I had the same issues again and they just brushed it off.

Didihno wrote: »
    Oh, I get you now.
    Lol, I just thought it sounded a bit mental!

Yeah,you could be right there :D:D:D I must be a crazy geezer to use a dryer to shake his bottles of liquid,funny thing is,it works....:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Damo85x wrote:
    I dont know what to do next really im stuck with a device that doesn't work and the vendor either lied or the device just managed to have the same problem after I use it. What should I do next? I feel like I cant go back to the vendor as I told them I had the same issues again and they just brushed it off.

Did you pay with PayPal?

moleyv wrote: »
    Did you pay with PayPal?
    Yes I did.

Damo85x wrote: »
    Yes I did.

I would open a dispute through Paypal if you are not satisfied.

I don't know why a new item would be opened and tested, seems odd to me at least.

If you don't know how to open a dispute with Paypal a quick google will help.

Also checks the terms and conditions from the vendor you purchased from.

I would open a dispute through Paypal if you are not satisfied.

I don't know why a new item would be opened and tested, seems odd to me at least.

If you don't know how to open a dispute with Paypal a quick google will help.

Also checks the terms and conditions from the vendor you purchased from.

As you suggested,I would email them again & ask for a refund,if they refuse,then open up the resolution centre in your paypal account & follow their instructions.

• Advertisement

iJust 2 Kit

I just saw a video of this simple kit and hadn't seen it mentioned before (sorry if it has).

Link to official page:

http://www.eleafworld.com/product/detail.php/ijust2.html
    Product Introduction:
    iJust 2 Kit, an updated e-cigarette launched by Eleaf, features the 2600mAh large power capacity despite its exquisite appearance and light weight. The 5.5ml huge liquid capacity makes this product more user-friendly. By adopting dual coil EC head, it makes larger cloud production. What's more, the special structure design for iJust 2 atomizer standard base improves the heat dissipation capacity to a large extent.

It sells on FT and GB for 28-30 dollars.

Seems simplistic, but could be perfect for nights out, in the car etc.

Thanks guy ill get in contact with them once more to see if it can be sorted before I go the paypal route.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭BigBoi83

Hey folks, I'm thinking of picking up a second mod to have as a spare
    (and just because there cool also) ;)
    just wondering what ye would recommend.

I'm currently using an Istick 30W. I also would like to get an RDA for around the house and trying new liquids without having to clean out a tank each time.
    Willing to spend around E50-E70

Would this device be a good choice? or is there a better option for a newbie to the game
    iJust 2 Kit

Seems simplistic, but could be perfect for nights out, in the car etc.

BigBoi83 wrote: »
    Hey folks, I'm thinking of picking up a second mod to have as a spare
    (and just because there cool also) ;)
    just wondering what ye would recommend.

I'm currently using an Istick 30W. I also would like to get an RDA for around the house and trying new liquids without having to clean out a tank each time.
    Willing to spend around E50-E70

Would this device be a good choice? or is there a better option for a newbie to the game

Here is a video about the ijust 2,this is worth watching & it will answer all your questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6dY30zU9Yw

Here is an ideal RDA for you,very easy to build on & no leaks,you wont need many tools with this RDA http://cigreen.com/en/atomizers/322-marquis-rda-cigreen.html
    Here is a couple of videos of the RDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF48n79JnnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJRzHZjzRvo

You will need 28AWG Kanthal wire & some organic cotton which you can get when buying an RDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AV8IRL

Has anyone heard of the e-liquid evaporplus.
    Got a bottle of Sahara from someone back off holidays and gave it a go. Really liked it so I decided to look it up and can't find any sites displaying it. Then tried finding there site and itd not there, also the Facebook page for the company is closed down.

Now I'm a bit weary of vaping it as I have no idea how long it's been sitting on a shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AV8IRL

Sorry about the double post, don't know what happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I tried out some new juices that I've had steeping the last few weeks and I'm getting a horrible burnt taste off them. It's disgusting , the coil is only like 5 days old aswel. Any ideas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I tried out some new juices that I've had steeping the last few weeks and I'm getting a horrible burnt taste off them. It's disgusting , the coil is only like 5 days old aswel. Any ideas ?

I just changed the watts from 12 to 10.5 and the burine taste is gone. Why is that? It's a gs air tank with a 1.5 coil

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭BigBoi83

Thanks dipstick. will definitely look into these. and thanks for the help

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I just changed the watts from 12 to 10.5 and the burine taste is gone. Why is that? It's a gs air tank with a 1.5 coil

Sounds like your coil is not performing as it should,some coils may last weeks & others just a day or two,you may experience the same on the next coil if it came from the same blister pack,if possible,try another coil from a different batch,bad coils will give you dry hits at certain wattage's & sometimes at all wattage's,they will also mute the taste & give you a tighter draw,also the resistance will climb up alot.

Advertisement