Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Sounds like your coil is not performing as it should,some coils may last weeks & others just a day or two,you may experience the same on the next coil if it came from the same blister pack,if possible,try another coil from a different batch,bad coils will give you dry hits at certain wattage's & sometimes at all wattage's,they will also mute the taste & give you a tighter draw,also the resistance will climb up alot.

Thanks for the reply. It's the only coil I have tho , they didn't have any in stock in the shop I went to so she gave me the coil out of the istick battery and tank bundle thing. Il have to order some online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. It's the only coil I have tho , they didn't have any in stock in the shop I went to so she gave me the coil out of the istick battery and tank bundle thing. Il have to order some online

Yeah,it all sounds iffy alright,will you manage ok over the weekend without a coil,if you were close to me,I would give you a whole tank set-up to keep you going or maybe there are some us that live close that can help.

Yeah,it all sounds iffy alright,will you manage ok over the weekend without a coil,if you were close to me,I would give you a whole tank set-up to keep you going or maybe there are some us that live close that can help.

Thanks for the offer ☺ but no I have another tank which I'm using with a brand new coil and I'm getting the same burning taste if I go above 11w. Maybe it's the juice ?

Thanks for the offer ☺ but no I have another tank which I'm using with a brand new coil and I'm getting the same burning taste if I go above 11w. Maybe it's the juice ?

Sounds like your mod is pushing more power out than it says,too much of a coincident that it is happening to two atty's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is the juice high VG ?

• Advertisement

Sounds like your mod is pushing more power out than it says,too much of a coincident that it is happening to two atty's.

How would I actually know if that was the case?

EGriff wrote: »
    Is the juice high VG ?

It's 60 vg

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Damo85x wrote: »
    Thanks guy ill get in contact with them once more to see if it can be sorted before I go the paypal route.

I'm interested in what happened next?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

How would I actually know if that was the case?

got a multimeter?

Allan45121 wrote: »
    got a multimeter?

Nope ha what's that

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

Im looking to take the step into sub ohm tanks, does anyone know of a vendor in Ireland selling the ISub tanks from innokin,

They are available in the uk @ £15.99 & £9.99 for 5 spare coils. THis is good value considering the price of the cheapest sub tanks i can find for sale in €uros here in Ireland.

https://www.vapour-room.com/sub_ohm_tanks_isub_tank/isub_tank_clear.htm

dball wrote: »
    Im looking to take the step into sub ohm tanks, does anyone know of a vendor in Ireland selling the ISub tanks from innokin,

They are available in the uk @ £15.99 & £9.99 for 5 spare coils. THis is good value considering the price of the cheapest sub tanks i can find for sale in €uros here in Ireland.

https://www.vapour-room.com/sub_ohm_tanks_isub_tank/isub_tank_clear.htm

I haven't seen them in Ireland yet but I would go for the isub "G" the tank is made of glass where the ordinary isub has a plastic tank.
    Here's a video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCim8ycZnbw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

http://m.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_217625.html?vip=39546

40w and temp control for less than twenty quid

That's worth a stab even if the Temp didn't work...nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I just changed the watts from 12 to 10.5 and the burine taste is gone. Why is that? It's a gs air tank with a 1.5 coil
    As well as all coils not necessarily being equal, liquids are like that too.
    Each liquid and coil combo will have its own 'sweet spot'.

When you put in a fesh coil/fresh liquid or both, always set your device back down to the lowest (or just a fair bit lower) setting and start vaping upwards until you get to where you like it. Its the safest way to avoid burnt hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Sounds like a dodgy coil. I've yet to get one with the GS Air myself thankfully.

Temperature wise I vape mine at 15W. So I cant see 12.5w being an issue.

My new shiny Ego One Mega is having to be sent back to the UK. Its basically stopped being able to take a charge. Rather disappointed as its great little set up that really suits my needs.

Luckily enough Id bought it direct from Joyetech in the UK. A replacement has been issued and a prepaid envelope sent to me to return the battery. Very impressive customer service given it was sorted in the space of an hour via a few emails this morning.

My white evic jumped out of temp control,I was expecting it to at some stage,the device was unkey locked at the time,it would not go back into temp until I unscrewed the tank & reset the device again & then screw your tank back on,lock the resistance & then key lock the device.This may never happen again,hopefully :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I can't for the life of me get the VT to work with Titanium coils, it works fine with Nickel.
    In fact I can't get over the performance of the Ego one mega with a Nickel coil, the most satisfying vape I've got from a coil tbh.
    I'd just like to have the option of Titanium.
    Luckily it's hasn't jumped out of temp mode for me yet.

• Advertisement

11214 wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me get the VT to work with Titanium coils, it works fine with Nickel.
    In fact I can't get over the performance of the Ego one mega with a Nickel coil, the most satisfying vape I've got from a coil tbh.
    I'd just like to have the option of Titanium.
    Luckily it's hasn't jumped out of temp mode for me yet.

When you go through the menu Ni/Ti/Power,will it stay at Ti or jump to the next setting.
    Titanium is a better vape,the resistance shows .42 & it doesn't use as much juice as the Nickel .22,I know there is a difference in the resistance but a whole tank I save using Titanium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

When you go through the menu Ni/Ti/Power,will it stay at Ti or jump to the next setting.
    Titanium is a better vape,the resistance shows .42 & it doesn't use as much juice as the Nickel .22,I know there is a difference in the resistance but a whole tank I save using Titanium.

It stays in Ti.
    I have some Ti coils in the post, just in case I have a dud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

I have never vaped before and going by this thread im pretty naive to all this vaping craic. a few people i know had ( some didnt stick it out, a couple did) the vip set up and i thought that seemed decent enough, but apparantly not. A few questions please and thanks.

how do ye go about evaluating a e cig, like when ya see an advert what things do ya look for?

also which things are more personal preference rather than being good/bad?

should your previous smoking habits come into your decision when buying?

it sounds like there is a bit of maintinence to them? is there much else besides charging and changing liquids?

also as an aside, do many of ye still have the occasional smoke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Maintenance isn't much if you just use premade coils but a bit more for rebuildables, about learning more than actual maintenance really.
    Personally I haven't smoked 1 single cig since starting vaping and I was on 30-40 a day.

Old Perry wrote: »
    I have never vaped before and going by this thread im pretty naive to all this vaping craic. a few people i know had ( some didnt stick it out, a couple did) the vip set up and i thought that seemed decent enough, but apparantly not. A few questions please and thanks.

how do ye go about evaluating a e cig, like when ya see an advert what things do ya look for?

it sounds like there is a bit of maintinence to them? is there much else besides charging and changing liquids?

Having converted nearly all of friends to vaping over the last year or so I think most low maintenance device and tank is the best way to go for beginners. Then all you need is juice and the coils that go into whatever tank you will be using.

Budget isn't really be an issue nowadays especially compared to even 18 months ago. (Provari owners will know what I mean). You can get a very reliable set up for about 60-70 euro now.

Ive found that people tend over analysis the switch to vaping. I tend to advise people to jump straight in as when they don't it seems to get put off for a few months. "ah, i'll look into it again after my holidays" etc

Your smoking habits don't come into it imo. Vaping first and foremost is a totally different experience to smoking. Obviously preferences re ejuice and flavours is part of it but again not something to over think. Id say get used to vaping first and don't worry about replicating actual smoking.

There are plenty of threads here already advising newbies on devices/tank and retailers. My advice is have a read of them, see what you think or just ask any particular question you have in here. Someone will reply with what you need.

I've only fell off the wagon once and it was conscious decision due to an idiotic friend going missing on a stag with both of the devices I brought with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 AV8IRL

Old Perry wrote: »

The following setup should help get you on your way.

Eleaf iStick 40w with Tempature control
    (This will be more then enough to vape all day and cover things like sub ohm and temperature control when you get more into it. Just plug it in each night and your good to go the next day)

Nautilus mini tank or GS Air tank.
    (Only need to full them up and change the coils every 7 to 10 days depending how much you vape)

Liquid:
    VIP USA Kentucky (This is a good start as 1. its similer to tobacco and its available everywhere there is a tescos) Getting a 10ml bottle means you can try different flavours. Once you settle on a flavour for all day vaping you can get a 30ml bottle.

Start with an 18 or 24mg nicotine level to feed your craving then step it down as you get used to it.

Also, don't hold off on vaping until you are desperate for a smoke. Get used to having it in your hand all the time and take a puff whenever you feel like it. Use it like a soother.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    I stopped smoking in January and haven't touched a cig since. Expect to feel unwell the longer you are off the cigs, this can last a few months. This is a good thing as the toxins are leaving your body as soon as you stop smoking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ordered some Liqua Citrus Mix in 6mg from S&Heaven on Sunday night, was waiting for me when I got home today, great service (especially seeing as I can't find any b&m shops that stock it in Cork)!

I got brand new coils for my gs air. 1.2 ohm , put one in and filled with juice left it stand for 2 hours and I'm getting a bad burning taste still ????? It's only on 11watts.

Getting a bit tired of all this vaping Craic tbh I'm always having problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I got brand new coils for my gs air. 1.2 ohm , put one in and filled with juice left it stand for 2 hours and I'm getting a bad burning taste still ????? It's only on 11watts.

Getting a bit tired of all this vaping Craic tbh I'm always having problems

Did you prime the coil as well ?

• Advertisement

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Did you prime the coil as well ?

No?

Advertisement