Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

rottie 11 wrote: »
    No?

I always found it important to prime the coil first when I used prefab coils, if not they just wouldn't wick properly after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

JH_raheny wrote: »
    I always found it important to prime the coil first when I used prefab coils, if not they just wouldn't wick properly after

What do I do ? Just pour juice all over it is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

You're right JH,I prime every coil whether it's cotton or silica,I just hold my finger over the airhole & give 3 good puffs without power & wait for the bubbles.
    I changed out one of my nautilus coils this evening & the burning taste I got at 11w,tried 7w & still burning,took coil out to have a look & it was a BDC,I thought I threw them all out,one stayed behind to just bite me in the bum....LOL

What do I do ? Just pour juice all over it is it

Do what I said above,primer puffs with no power on...

Do what I said above,primer puffs with no power on...

Gently wet the coil on the cotton bits then assemble and fill, after a few minutes hold the air holes tightly closed and try rake a deep drag 2-3 times you'll see air bubbles coming up through the liquid in the tank, let sit for few minutes and it should be ready.
    Depending on tank/coil do allow for a bit of sizzling for first few drags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Just to add about my experience with the GS air.

I got one a few weeks ago, opened it up a few days ago. Presoaked the coil, it took a surprising amount. I left it a few mins, gave it a few small primer draws. Left it a few mins.

Started it off, leaked like hell, spat like hell, never experienced anything like it.

I got thick and drained it and cleaned it all, thought maybe the surprising amount of pre soak was the issue.

Few days later, pulled out a new coil, didn't pre soak. Left for a few mins, did a few primer draws, left a few mins. Spat like hell, huge amount of juice. It was 60pg so not thick or anything.

So it will get one more chance and then will go in the bin.

I was looking for a good replacement for the nautilus mini for my night out set up.

I see lots of people with good experiences with it, but not me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Gently wet the coil on the cotton bits then assemble and fill, after a few minutes hold the air holes tightly closed and try rake a deep drag 2-3 times you'll see air bubbles coming up through the liquid in the tank, let sit for few minutes and it should be ready.
    Depending on tank/coil do allow for a bit of sizzling for first few drags

Tried that with another new coil and it seems to have worked. Cheers man

Good stuff, don't give up it's just a learning curve ( frustrating at times though )

It was only a matter of time for a TC for Kanthal Coils,more stuff to buy at a later stage,better start saving :D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxf8Oil5_bg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Yeah man, keep at it.

I think the benefits of being able to start on much higher spec gear these days is also one of the drawbacks.

The rest of us (veterans?) have had to do the long learning curve, tried all the sh1tty devices you guys don't have to, because we let you know whats good or bad.

I guess you could equate it to someone learning to drive.
    We have driven for years, we know whats under the hood and what works.
    Because of this you guys get to pick a decent car and just drive off, which is great but as soon as something goes wrong you just haven't a clue how to diagnose or fix it.

Finally a word of advice on the gear you have.
    I'm sure its been written before but I'll repeat it.
    The iStick is notoriously overpowered, 11w on your 1.2ohm coil is quite possibly too much power to start with, no matter if you primed the coil for days!
    When changing a coil or a liquid, always go back down to low power and slowly work up again. This wee bit of patience is all important IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Cheers forthe replys people. what websites should i be lookin at when buying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Pay day today, itchy fingers looking at all the latest shiny toys

forgot to ask...anyone got any discount codes for gearbest? They reduced the sh*t out of the eleaf iJust2, its available for $24 now.

Trond wrote: »

forgot to ask...anyone got any discount codes for gearbest? They reduced the sh*t out of the eleaf iJust2, its available for $24 now.

Just ordered one, had a few points left so end price was 20.65 Euro, can't really go wrong with that

Just ordered one, had a few points left so end price was 20.65 Euro, can't really go wrong with that

Its v similar to the Ego One Mega, the 2600 mah battery is the clincher for me.

Ive a couple of other things in the basket as well. The eleaf TC 40w is v good value. Thing is if I buy that I'll need a new black tank as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Seniorpeazel

nowhere near my payday but still have itchy fingers!
    Been looking at Mech mods but I dont think i understand enough about them to jump into that zone yet...

nowhere near my payday but still have itchy fingers!
    Been looking at Mech mods but I dont think i understand enough about them to jump into that zone yet...

If your are interested in a mech mod,send me a small stamped(2.70 should cover it) addressed jiffy bag & I will send you one for nothing & anyone else that wants one,send me a jiffy bag with same.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Seniorpeazel

If your are interested in a mech mod,send me a small stamped(2.70 should cover it) addressed jiffy bag & I will send you one for nothing & anyone else that wants one,send me a jiffy bag with same.

PM en route to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

Generous offer! Have also been interested to try out a mech mod... PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

bit of a moan, got an eLeaf 40W TC device on monday.
    Also got the new NI atomizer head for it made by, vAir-T. The device is ok, getting used to the temperatre control.

THats not the issue, so far I have had 2 pockets full of juice, one yesterday and another today.
    The first I passed off as a dodgey head. Which seems to happen a good bit with the BVC on the my Nautilus Mini.

It seems its a atomiser headdesign problem however, the Nautilus only has a rubber stopper on the bottom of the glass, and usually the BVC Heads are rock solid.

I have actually bent the nautilus before and then bent it back no problem with the BVC heads installed.

The vAir-t heads seem to be either made of weaker tin or just teh threads arent great, so at the slightest bend the whole Nautilus glass top pops off.

The head is then fecked. two so far, may have to look at a sturdier setup for this as those heads in a Nautilus Mini just arent fun.

I suppose thinking about it though after teh juice spilled all over my pocket I didnt eed to puff as much the rest of the afternoon. (was out couldnt change)

• Advertisement

platinums wrote: »
    bit of a moan, got an eLeaf 40W TC device on monday.
    Also got the new NI atomizer head for it made by, vAir-T. The device is ok, getting used to the temperatre control.

THats not the issue, so far I have had 2 pockets full of juice, one yesterday and another today.
    The first I passed off as a dodgey head. Which seems to happen a good bit with the BVC on the my Nautilus Mini.

It seems its a atomiser headdesign problem however, the Nautilus only has a rubber stopper on the bottom of the glass, and usually the BVC Heads are rock solid.

I have actually bent the nautilus before and then bent it back no problem with the BVC heads installed.

The vAir-t heads seem to be either made of weaker tin or just teh threads arent great, so at the slightest bend the whole Nautilus glass top pops off.

The head is then fecked. two so far, may have to look at a sturdier setup for this as those heads in a Nautilus Mini just arent fun.

I suppose thinking about it though after teh juice spilled all over my pocket I didnt eed to puff as much the rest of the afternoon. (was out couldnt change)

I never tried one in a Nautilus,I did buy one coil out of curiosity (not tried it yet) to see how they perform with the Nautilus air flow from Vaporium which is the second link.The first link seems to be clones made by Anyvape & the second link is an Aspire Authentic coil.So it was the Anyvape coils that you bought in the first link which is not Authentic,there's your answer I believe.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/595-vapeonly-vair-t-coil-for-aspire-nautilus.html

http://www.vaporium.eu/tanks-clearomizers/544-aspire-nautilus-temperature-sensing-coils.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Where is the best place for good quality 18650s nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Pique wrote: »

ESI have LG and Samsung 3000MAH 18650s for €7.50. Got 2 of the LGs recently - first battery to ever get me through 24 hours.
    That was using .5ohm coil at 30w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Pique wrote: »

If you're not in a rush the genuine Sony VTC 4's on Fasttech are excellent batteries and are great value @ €10.83 for two.
    I think there is an option to speed up the postage for about €4 as well.
    I did notice Irishvape have VTC 5's on sale for €10.50 each at the moment, good value (relatively) for what they are imo and I'm pretty tempted but I've never user Irishvape before.
    Perhaps another boadie has some info about the site.

11214 wrote: »
    If you're not in a rush the genuine Sony VTC 4's on Fasttech are excellent batteries and are great value @ €10.83 for two.
    I think there is an option to speed up the postage for about €4 as well.
    I did notice Irishvape have VTC 5's on sale for €10.50 each at the moment, good value (relatively) for what they are imo and I'm pretty tempted but I've never user Irishvape before.
    Perhaps another boadie has some info about the site.

Bought a mod off them. Got it the next day. As good as any of the Irish vendors ive used...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im on that as well. Good price. Anybody got gear from these guys before???

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Deag4

Ya. Buy a lot from gearbest. Quality is fine. Delivery is slow though. Takes 3 weeks to a month. Cheap though. Would recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Shinobollo wrote: »
    ESI have LG and Samsung 3000MAH 18650s for €7.50. Got 2 of the LGs recently - first battery to ever get me through 24 hours.
    That was using .5ohm coil at 30w

That's perfect. I got VTC4 and Panasonic PD and PF (around 2600mah iirc) from FT last year. The VTC4 are only 2100mah and they Pannys are beginning to die pretty quick now that I bought the Cthulu. Running at 0.4 & 21w means I've constantly got to have a spare in my pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Bought a mod off them. Got it the next day. As good as any of the Irish vendors ive used...

Magic, I might grab a couple while I wait for my others to come on the slow boat.

• Advertisement

My new shiny Ego One Mega is having to be sent back to the UK. Its basically stopped being able to take a charge. Rather disappointed as its great little set up that really suits my needs.

Luckily enough Id bought it direct from Joyetech in the UK. A replacement has been issued and a prepaid envelope sent to me to return the battery. Very impressive customer service given it was sorted in the space of an hour via a few emails this morning.

Forgot to post an update on this...

Joyetech were excellent in this instance. Replaced the item straight away without me having to provide proof of any fault. They posted the replacement direct to my home address as well (id used parcel motel for the original purchase).

Advertisement