Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Trond wrote: »
    Forgot to post an update on this...

Joyetech were excellent in this instance. Replaced the item straight away without me having to provide proof of any fault. They posted the replacement direct to my home address as well (id used parcel motel for the original purchase).

Fair play to joyetech on that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Any storage recommendations for a load of juice? Besides a shoe box

I was looking at flight boxes, then thought, I've gone too far..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

moleyv wrote:

I went into woodies, homebase, and b&q to look at all of their toolbox storages. There's a lot of options with different sized divisions inside. Went to the three shops so I know all my options. Found a black and decker one that suited my needs. The divisions inside were arrangeable so you can arrange for your liking. Mind you, it suited MY needs because I had all my gear in it, not just juices. So best to browse around

You could also consider looking for fishing tackle boxes. Considered them because they were a bit cheaper but bought the black and decker in the end.

049977_R_Z001?$LISTER$&wid=420&hei=420

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

I've a four week old kanger protank that doesn't seem to be giving off any flavour any longer.

It started tasting bad over the last two days and I presumed it just needed a new coil so bought two new ones today.

The shop didn't have the dual coil i wanted and had to opt for single type coil instead. I've tried both of these new coils but the flavour isint any better than before I changed it over.

Now it's vaping fine...plenty of vapour coming off it and a decent throat hit as usual since I first bought the tank but just zero flavour.

I don't think it's the juice cause the tank is currently holding the second fill from the same bottle and the first half of the bottle was tasting fine.

I also washed out and dried the base....but no success.

Any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

moleyv wrote: »

I've got a small tool box from Dealz. I keep juices in the bottom and drip tips and coils and coil making stuff in the top, it works quite well but is starting to break a bit. Still, for €1.49 I'm not going to complain too much!

123915.jpghttp://www.dealz.ie/tw-tool-storage-box

For juice that I have "on the go", I have a nice little Vaponaute pouch that holds three bottles courtesy of Cigatec.

• Advertisement

subscriber wrote: »
    I've a four week old kanger protank that doesn't seem to be giving off any flavour any longer.

It started tasting bad over the last two days and I presumed it just needed a new coil so bought two new ones today.

The shop didn't have the dual coil i wanted and had to opt for single type coil instead. I've tried both of these new coils but the flavour isint any better than before I changed it over.

Now it's vaping fine...plenty of vapour coming off it and a decent throat hit as usual since I first bought the tank but just zero flavour.

I don't think it's the juice cause the tank is currently holding the second fill from the same bottle and the first half of the bottle was tasting fine.

I also washed out and dried the base....but no success.

Any ideas??

Which protank is it and are they the new organic cotton coils?

Which protank is it and are they the new organic cotton coils?

Sorry..it's an aerotank mega...I really don't know if they contain the japaneese cotten or not. It was a dual coil came in the box with the original order, it's possible that the original coil was blown and that the two new coils do not contain the japaneese cotten but I'm only guessing at it...

Frustrating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Taste and flavour are a bit of a moving goal and sometimes you just burn out and stop tasting anything.

Try a different juice for a while and keep a few on rotation too.

Also worth having several different tanks as they can affect the flavour perception.

8mm wrote: »
    Taste and flavour are a bit of a moving goal and sometimes you just burn out and stop tasting anything.

Try a different juice for a while and keep a few on rotation too.

Also worth having several different tanks as they can affect the flavour perception.

I've emptied out the tank twice now and cleaned it each time properly having tried two different juices I have here as well but everything still tastes like absolute muck....

Cannot figure what's going on considering I've tried both times with my two new coils...

Cannot figure out what going on...I'm wondering if the base is totally fried at this stage which would be a major bummer considering it's only 4 weeks old...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I use boxes i got in a pound shop
    20112724138_ddf1d92e7f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭BigBoi83

I use an old biscuit tin (plastic version) 1 of those 1's ya get at Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

A video showing Nickel builds & twisted Nickel & Kanthal builds plus tips for those who wish to try out Temperature Control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqG3HxROOu4

subscriber wrote: »
    Sorry..it's an aerotank mega...I really don't know if they contain the japaneese cotten or not. It was a dual coil came in the box with the original order, it's possible that the original coil was blown and that the two new coils do not contain the japaneese cotten but I'm only guessing at it...

Frustrating...

I have a mega and just bought these new VOCC coils for it. http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/598-kanger-vocc-single-coil-replacement-head.html

I was very disappointed to say the least, but that could just be that I am used to the subtank and the mega doesn't quite do it for me.

I have a mega and just bought these new VOCC coils for it. http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/598-kanger-vocc-single-coil-replacement-head.html

I was very disappointed to say the least, but that could just be that I am used to the subtank and the mega doesn't quite do it for me.

I can safely say it's not just you. I went into a different store today and got a new dual coil and it solved my issues.

The single coils are absolutely muck to say the least...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

BigBoi83 wrote: »
    I use an old biscuit tin (plastic version) 1 of those 1's ya get at Christmas

Roses Christmas sweet tin I use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Subbox Nano popped up there on GB.

Pink or purple...

Subbox Nano popped up there on GB.

Pink or purple...

listed at 9195.85 Euro :D

http://www.gearbest.com/subox-nano-_gear/

JH_raheny wrote:
    listed at 9195.85 Euro

Yeah its not pre order yet on GB. I saw it elsewhere on pre order for around 70 dollars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Currently using 6mg liquid but my stock has nearly ran out. Seriously considering switching to 0mg juice when this happens. Are the range of juices restricted because of the low nic strength or will all juices have a 0mg version???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Glebee wrote: »
    Currently using 6mg liquid but my stock has nearly ran out. Seriously considering switching to 0mg juice when this happens. Are the range of juices restricted because of the low nic strength or will all juices have a 0mg version???

I am currently on 0mg myself. I find that when I do want a certain flavour, I really have to look for it(online). And sometimes, even if I do find the flavour I want in 0mg option, the shop doesn't have it in stock. Only found very few shops with 0mg in pretty much all flavours. VapingDog has some range with 0mg. I recently found out about cloudhousevapor. It seems they mix the juices for specific customers' orders so they pretty much will always have 0mg stock. Well, I haven't looked at all their stock but on the juices that I was interested in, they did the 0mg option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Well I bit the bullet yesterday and got myself an Eleaf 30w and GS air atomiser, great say I. Half filled the tank last night with Red Astaire all good, but now all I am getting is a mouthful of juice each time, so much so I now feel sick and dread going to vape on it..
    Cleaned out tank again this morning, half filled it and now the same result, juice in my mouth..
    I have it set at 13w and 4.4 v..
    Any advice I would really welcome as I am now back using my old starter stick..

Halo Kitty wrote:
    Well I bit the bullet yesterday and got myself an Eleaf 30w and GS air atomiser, great say I. Half filled the tank last night with Red Astaire all good, but now all I am getting is a mouthful of juice each time, so much so I now feel sick and dread going to vape on it.. Cleaned out tank again this morning, half filled it and now the same result, juice in my mouth.. I have it set at 13w and 4.4 v.. Any advice I would really welcome as I am now back using my old starter stick..

I had the same issue with one I got just to try out. Tried three different coils with different levels of priming. Even at lower watts than yourself and all I got was mouths of juice.

It went in the bin because I have lots of other tanks.

I know lots of people here recommend them, but the one I had was rubbish. I know I am in the minority though, maybe I just got a bad one...

Red Astaire is not something you want in the mouth, whatever about the taste of raw juice, the red teeth....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Glebee wrote: »

I found it difficult to get a lot of stuff I like in 0mg. A lot of brands only go down to 3mg, or they are in 0, but the shop won't have them in stock. I went back to 3s and 6s after four months partly for the better choice of flavours tbh

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Well I bit the bullet yesterday and got myself an Eleaf 30w and GS air atomiser, great say I. Half filled the tank last night with Red Astaire all good, but now all I am getting is a mouthful of juice each time, so much so I now feel sick and dread going to vape on it..
    Cleaned out tank again this morning, half filled it and now the same result, juice in my mouth..
    I have it set at 13w and 4.4 v..
    Any advice I would really welcome as I am now back using my old starter stick..

You probably over primed the coil before use or else you're sucking on that pipe like a good thing which isn't necessary at all. It can happen with most devices so its actually nothing to do with the GS Air.

Thanks for replies, I will try a new coil maybe even a new drip tip.. Not liking the one that came with it at all.. Will be more careful and hope for the best.
    Otherwise back online to see what next is recommended..
    Now to get the taste of juice out of my mouth..ugh..mind you better than the taste of a cigarette..

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Thanks for replies, I will try a new coil maybe even a new drip tip.. Not liking the one that came with it at all.. Will be more careful and hope for the best.
    Otherwise back online to see what next is recommended..
    Now to get the taste of juice out of my mouth..ugh..mind you better than the taste of a cigarette..

Try putting up the watts a bit on biggest air flow and don't suck it like an Asian hooker on overtime

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Try putting up the watts a bit on biggest air flow and don't suck it like an Asian hooker on overtime

Nearly choked with laughing on my stick...heading to East Asia the coming weeks and I will be thinking of that statement and still giggling..
    Will increase Wattage and Airflow once I steady myself.. Thank you.for great advice ..

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Shout out to cloudhousevaper.com, after waiting over a month for my order i emailed them and asked if they knew anything about my order and they decided to send the order again, even though they did not have to.Very understanding and polite thanks guys.

They have gained a loyal customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Seniorpeazel

My itchy fingers led me into ESI in Palmerstown the other day and i picked myself up the Goblin Mini RTA by Youde.
    That little thing is amazing! You need to make sure you wick it right but when you do the flavour is out of this world and it produces plenty clouds. Going to fine tune my building skills and I can see this little beast being one of my main tanks going forward.

Advertisement