Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

8mm wrote: »
    You might need a new head - as in that schite just blew the head off me. :D

I've found that I take shorter drags and still get a good lung full the lower the ohms get.

I'll get some lower nic juice then so haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Bought an iJust 2. I'm so excited. Broke my iStick a few weeks ago and have been using a crappy battery with a fancy tank for ages. Have also never used a sub ohm set-up.

Will I die if I use my usual 18mg liquid with a sub ohm thingy?

I think you will get seriously lightheaded if you put 18mg in the ijust2 when fully charged on a 0.3 coil, I wouldn't recommend it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

JH_raheny wrote: »
    I think you will get seriously lightheaded if you put 18mg in the ijust2 when fully charged on a 0.3 coil, I wouldn't recommend it

6mg had me spinning with 0.3 at full charge. Very hot vape as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Back using my nautilus now because I can't open my gs air it's totally jammed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Back using my nautilus now because I can't open my gs air it's totally jammed :(

Bought two myself a few weeks ago. One is still going strong, but the threads on the other went after about 6 days. Seriously thinking of upgrading to a Kanger sub mini.

• Advertisement

Stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes and try again

trixiebust wrote: »
    Bought two myself a few weeks ago. One is still going strong, but the threads on the other went after about 6 days. Seriously thinking of upgrading to a Kanger sub mini.

They are a lovely little tank tho , going to buy a few more

Il give that a go. Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just a random thought since this is the general discussion thread.

What would people think about a Vape friendly establishment thread.
    The idea I had is that everyone in their area posts about pubs etc that are vape friendly.

One of my locals used to be and now its not and the other one is fine--would be great if we had an idea about where is a good place for a pint etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Just a random thought since this is the general discussion thread.

What would people think about a Vape friendly establishment thread.
    The idea I had is that everyone in their area posts about pubs etc that are vape friendly.

One of my locals used to be and now its not and the other one is fine--would be great if we had an idea about where is a good place for a pint etc.

Well I'll start with an unfriendly one.....Kehoe's off Grafton st. They have a no vaping sign :mad:

To be honest though I always vape outside wherever i am. That and the obvious sneaky one in the jacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Trond wrote: »
    Well I'll start with an unfriendly one.....Kehoe's off Grafton st. They have a no vaping sign :mad:

To be honest though I always vape outside wherever i am. That and the obvious sneaky one in the jacks.

I think it'd be a great idea. Would be inclined to keep the friendlies and unfriendlies in separate threads to avoid confusion.
    Reckon it would be worth keeping the "Friendly" thread as a sticky.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ok someone want to start a thread?

Maybe do it in a standard format?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Il give that a go. Thanks

Did you get it open?
    If not, try placing it in a cup of boiling water for 5 minutes. That should cause expansion of the metal and loosen up the threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

bagels wrote: »
    Did you get it open?
    If not, try placing it in a cup of boiling water for 5 minutes. That should cause expansion of the metal and loosen up the threads.

No still haven't got it open. When I try opening it , it's the glass that starts screwing off instead of the bottom piece. Il give what you said a go but I think it's jammed forever lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Anybody have an Xcube II?
    I'm having no luck with it in temperature mode, just wondering if anyone has had any issues with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

rottie 11 wrote:
    No still haven't got it open. When I try opening it , it's the glass that starts screwing off instead of the bottom piece. Il give what you said a go but I think it's jammed forever lol

I used to always have a pliers handy.

One day that wouldn't work, so I got one of the replacement stainless tanks, smashed the original pyrex one with a hammer, and swapped in the stainless one.

It always seemed to open a bit easier than the original too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Just had the first blast on mine there now. fcuking hell, it nearly blew the head off me..... Defo will need to tone down the nic level, using 6mg and my head is spinning, Its like im after smoking my first Major again...

Picked up some 3mg juice for the ijust2 last week. House of Clouds - Dragonfire. Beautiful flavour, lovely clouds, an overall lovely juice. A massive difference since dropping down to 3mg . Can take full lung hits no problem. Too much clouds though to bring to the pub though, they would end up calling the fire services:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Www.republicofvape.ie

You get a discount if ordering 5 of their brand of liquids, so I got five for 23.20 delivered, plus two free.

Is their own brand any good?

Picked up a packet Fiber Freaks No. 1 density yesterday. Its €6 with bestshop. Apparently its made with wood pulp. So far I think far better than the Japanese cotton Ive been using.

Used it in a subtank mini and a magma so far and the different is v noticeable. Worked perfectly from the outset unlike the other cotton which Ive always felt requires a breaking in period.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/diy/559-fiber-freaks.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Picked up a packet Fiber Freaks No. 1 density yesterday. Its €6 with bestshop. Apparently its made with wood pulp. So far I think far better than the Japanese cotton Ive been using.

Used it in a subtank mini and a magma so far and the different is v noticeable. Worked perfectly from the outset unlike the other cotton which Ive always felt requires a breaking in period.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/diy/559-fiber-freaks.html

It is good.

I picked up a pack from Cigatec and there is no taste off the fibre at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is their own brand any good?

They're pretty spot on, the ones I've tried anyway. Double dip is lovely, cola bottles and pear drops taste like their namesakes.

Postie pats has a bit too much menthol for me, but I can't remember what the sweets tasted like.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

Even though I do enjoy building coils those pre made kanger coils for the Sub Tank are a god send.

Managed to drunkenly get two of them into my Magma, wicked them with fiber freaks came out at 0.4ohms. Absolutely cracking vape. Delighted as id sort left the dripping alone for a few months there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Even though I do enjoy building coils those pre made kanger coils for the Sub Tank are a god send.

Managed to drunkenly get two of them into my Magma, wicked them with fiber freaks came out at 0.4ohms. Absolutely cracking vape. Delighted as id sort left the dripping alone for a few months there.

You can get 50 packs of pre built coils on fasstech for a euro or two. Very handy for drippers.

EGriff wrote: »
    You can get 50 packs of pre built coils on fasstech for a euro or two. Very handy for drippers.

I think I have a bag of old ones in my "sh*te i bought from fasttech" drawer. Found 2 metres silca in there the other day! :D

Obviously the kanger ones are a bit dearer but I don't mind paying it. I'll still make the majority of what I use. After a feed of pints it just wasn't an option the other night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Anyone know how long it takes for things to come from GearBest using standard post? I want my iJust 2 now :/

Anyone know how long it takes for things to come from GearBest using standard post? I want my iJust 2 now :/

The shi*ty fake coils I bought off them took about 5 weeks.

(their mods are grand though!)

About 3 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Advertisement