Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Lol I'm actually not that bad, I'm still waiting for the sigelei 150tc tc and a second ijust2 so will hold out until those arrive.

Oh please, I only keep an eye on this forum for you and Dr Bills next "clear out" :D Still waiting on one of ye to unload your istick 50w's :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Anyone use temp control on the 40w istick? Does it make a difference really? Will I just stick with the wattage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Anyone use temp control on the 40w istick? Does it make a difference really? Will I just stick with the wattage?

I reckon all temp control mods are a waste of money if used with clearo's which have nickel stock coils,we hardly ever get a dry hit with a kanthal stock coil in a subtank & similar tanks,saying that,using an RBA base with these tanks would be good because our wicking could go wrong & the TC mod would save us from a dry hit,saying that (again),a nickel spaced coil is a tight fit on a RBA base,you could build a micro nickel coil but it has got to be a perfect coil & no hot spots whatsoever,patience is needed here but it will work great,the nickel wire is very soft to work with,I have twisted kanthal with nickel & that is more forgiving if twisted correctly.
    I use the istick 40w with a dripper (mad hatter) which has a 10 wrap 2.5mm spaced nickel coil which only just fitted,comes out at 0.1 & vaping nicely with a 6mg juice,I change out the cotton every week & using the same coil for nearly 3 weeks now & still ok.
    To answer your question,if you are not going down the rebuilding road,I would stick with your wattage,I find no difference in taste or clouds with kanthal or nickel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

I'm finding a difference in taste.
    I'm on my third attepmt at a TC coil and still getting to grips with it, but that said I find the taste to be not on par with kanthal.
    The clouds are stupendous though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Has anyone with an Evic VT noticed it makes noises?
    It's not loud but I noticed a high pitched whine along with a ticking noise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

11214 wrote: »
    Has anyone with an Evic VT noticed it makes noises?
    It's not loud but I noticed a high pitched whine along with a ticking noise?

They all do that apparently. Nothing to be concerned about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I've not tried temp control even though I have a TC device.

I hardly ever get dry hits. I can usually sense that something is up when vapour production is low and fix the problem.

I am also trying to remove anything questionable from my vape be that certain chemicals in juices or certain metals in atomisers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

How are people finding the ijust 2s? Still debating getting one.

And how do people find pre made kanger sub tank coils? I don't mind wicking but wrapping coils isn't so appealing. I understand how to do them, just laziness....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

moleyv wrote: »

And how do people find pre made kanger sub tank coils? I don't mind wicking but wrapping coils isn't so appealing. I understand how to do them, just laziness....

I don't mind making coils I just don't like that kanthal I have at the moment.

The pre made Kanger ones are great. Ive used them in drippers as well. Defo worth investing in a bag or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Ijust2 is great, got 2 of them, very light and handy as a carry around and so far no leaks at all
    moleyv wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Ijust2 is great, got 2 of them, very light and handy as a carry around and so far no leaks at all

Loving mine as well. Nice piece of kit. Great clouds and flavour is immense.

How long are you getting out of the coils JH?????, gone through 30ml and coil is still going strong

thevaper wrote: »

:D:D:D:D
    First look,I thought it was a Clipper lighter...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Fair play to the guys in the vintage vape rooms, Stayed open till past 6pm yesterday so i could get some juice.....

Doing gods work.....

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

:D:D:D:D
    First look,I thought it was a Clipper lighter...

snap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

What's the best wire for rebuild? And cotton, organic I take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Glebee wrote: »
    Loving mine as well. Nice piece of kit. Great clouds and flavour is immense.

How long are you getting out of the coils JH?????, gone through 30ml and coil is still going strong

I'm still on the coil it came with 3 or 4 weeks ago, not using only that though but it's got plenty use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

My istick won't charge when I plug it in. The same charger charges my phone fine so it's not the charger, any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

rottie 11 wrote: »
    My istick won't charge when I plug it in. The same charger charges my phone fine so it's not the charger, any ideas?

Make sure there is no dirt or fluff in the charging port?

• Advertisement

Soundman wrote: »
    Make sure there is no dirt or fluff in the charging port?

There's nothing there

If its under warranty send it back, if its not you can fairly easily take it apart and see if the usb connection has come loose inside, especially if you dropped it while the cable was attached. Anyone capable of soldering can fix that.
    If its the charge board itself I'm afraid its a much more complicated fix, but still doable with the right parts.
    The question is, is it worth fixing?

Didihno wrote: »
    If its under warranty send it back, if its not you can fairly easily take it apart and see if the usb connection has come loose inside, especially if you dropped it while the cable was attached. Anyone capable of soldering can fix that.
    If its the charge board itself I'm afraid its a much more complicated fix, but still doable with the right parts.
    The question is, is it worth fixing?

It should be under warranty I'd say. I think the charging port may be pushed in from putting the charger in the wrong way, how long of a warranty comes with them ? Bought from thebestshop

It should be under warranty I'd say. I think the charging port may be pushed in from putting the charger in the wrong way, how long of a warranty comes with them ? Bought from thebestshop

Mine has pushed in & I am going to see if it will go back into place,I'm going down to Dealz this morning to get a set of Torx keys to open the istick & have a look.

Mine has pushed in & I am going to see if it will go back into place,I'm going down to Dealz this morning to get a set of Torx keys to open the istick & have a look.

Was thinking of opening mine up aswel but I know il probably do more damage than good lol. Is there any chance you'd let me know if you have any luck ?

If you pushed it in the wrong way, well you can chance the warranty but well, its damage you did.
    Either way the only way to know is to open it up, and of course void the warranty!

Didihno wrote: »
    If you pushed it in the wrong way, well you can chance the warranty but well, its damage you did.
    Either way the only way to know is to open it up, and of course void the warranty!

How do i get in contact with the best shop? Going to chance my arm

Was thinking of opening mine up aswel but I know il probably do more damage than good lol. Is there any chance you'd let me know if you have any luck ?

I'll post here later with the results...

I'll post here later with the results...

The torx bits were a great buy from Dealz & unscrewed the ends off the istick 20w & that was that.
    Micro usb had 2 solder joints which were broken & no way of re-soldering,tried to take the guts out but wouldn't budge,took a club hammer to it & that did the trick,no more problems with it now :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Micro usb had 2 solder joints which were broken & no way of re-soldering
    Eh? Do you mean you couldn't resolder them (as in you can't solder), or there was some other damage?

Either way sounds like your 'percussive maintenance' made it so its a moot point!

Advertisement