Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

rottie 11 wrote: »
    How do i get in contact with the best shop? Going to chance my arm

BOO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

parttime wrote: »
    BOO!

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

????

I'm only guessing , but why would you think that thebestshop wouldn't have an account on here .

jonski wrote: »
    I'm only guessing , but why would you think that thebestshop wouldn't have an account on here .

I said nothing about them so why would I care if they had an account ? I emailed them anyway and was told the warranty is up. That was a short warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I think we should be supporting the vendors, rather than chancing our arm.

• Advertisement

moleyv wrote: »
    I think we should be supporting the vendors, rather than chancing our arm.

I think people should mind their own business ?? I only have it 3 months and its already broke ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭jonski

I think people should mind their own business ??

You post on an open forums and people are going to tell you what they think .

I only have it 3 months and its already broke ...
    It should be under warranty I'd say. I think the charging port may be pushed in from putting the charger in the wrong way, how long of a warranty comes with them ? Bought from thebestshop

rottie 11 wrote:
    I think people should mind their own business ?? I only have it 3 months and its already broke ...

Warranty isn't there to cover user error, as you admit is the likely reason.
    rottie 11 wrote:
    It should be under warranty I'd say. I think the charging port may be pushed in from putting the charger in the wrong way, how long of a warranty comes with them ? Bought from thebestshop

If you broke it yourself,you cant send it back!

I don't know if I broke it myself. Just said that could be it. I'm not complainin about the best shop and by chancing my arm I meant il see if it's still in warranty. Then u get stupid posts about supporting vendors lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

In fairness Rottie you did kind of imply you may have broken it yourself! (of course you may not have either)
    No need to get short with other posters mate, you've had plenty of help and advice here.

Well now you know TBS posts here, so why not explain the issue to him via pm?
    I'm sure the vendor will do what he can to help you, I think we all find our various vendors to be a great resource and easy to deal with even after sale.

Didihno wrote: »
    In fairness Rottie you did kind of imply you may have broken it yourself! (of course you may not have either)
    No need to get short with other posters mate, you've had plenty of help and advice here.

Well now you know TBS posts here, so why not explain the issue to him via pm?
    I'm sure the vendor will do what he can to help you, I think we all find our various vendors to be a great resource and easy to deal with even after sale.

I could have pushed it in myself I said.I contacted them by email already so it's grand. Il try fix it myself

Sorry if I misunderstood your post.

Na I'm sorry. I haven't had a vape all day so I'm a moody **** today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Eh? Do you mean you couldn't resolder them (as in you can't solder), or there was some other damage?

Either way sounds like your 'percussive maintenance' made it so its a moot point!

The soldering bit is easy to do if the joint is out in the open,the charge port where the usb cable goes into,we will call that "South" & the North side touches the chip,the chip had moved further in,so the charging port moved as well,with the charging port moved,East & West was soldered,they broke off when the charging port moved in,no way of getting in there with a soldering iron,tried to push everything out but with no avail.
    Now that I am confused :D:D:D:D do you understand what I have been saying,cos I don't :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

The soldering bit is easy to do if the joint is out in the open,the charge port where the usb cable goes into,we will call that "South" & the North side touches the chip,the chip had moved further in,so the charging port moved as well,with the charging port moved,East & West was soldered,they broke off when the charging port moved in,no way of getting in there with a soldering iron,tried to push everything out but with no avail.
    Now that I am confused :D:D:D:D do you understand what I have been saying,cos I don't :D:D

Given you can't solder you could try glue.

A resin/hardener type would work, comes in 2 tubes and great for these type of problems.

I need to buy a new battery. Any suggestions for about 15 euro

I need to buy a new battery. Any suggestions for about 15 euro

You could try Fasttech but beware of slow shipping.

iStick clone for $16 shipped:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10012619/3163000

Be careful with cheap battery clones and corners cut producing them.

8mm wrote: »
    You could try Fasttech but beware of slow shipping.

iStick clone for $16 shipped:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10012619/3163000

Be careful with cheap battery clones and corners cut producing them.

Thanks but I'm just looking for a slim battery this time. An ego would do if I could get a more powerful one ? Is there a way of telling how many watts they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Thanks but I'm just looking for a slim battery this time. An ego would do if I could get a more powerful one ? Is there a way of telling how many watts they are

How about https://www.fasttech.com/products/2303000
    As for the wattage, maybe someone more experienced here would be able to advise you.
    Seems to have decent reviews. Ordered things recently from FT, had it delivered in two weeks, but I think that was quicker than normal according to others here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

You'll only up getting a larger device with more power in the future, you may as well get one sooner rather than later - the smaller batteries will give you 3.4 volts on output at the most.

You would be looking at mAh to work out how much charge a battery holds.

Watts measure consumption and will vary based on voltage output of the battery and the coil ohm rating.

It would help to know exactly what your using now battery and atomizer wise.

Also check out Best shop as they carry eGo slim types and look for the mAh rating:

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/31-batteries

Thanks. I was using an I stick with a gs air but the istick broke. Im looking for something slim but that will give a decent vape, will be using aspire maxi tank.

I have an ego battery here, it turns on but when I try to vape it I'm getting absolutely nothing . I've tried 2 different tanks on it, what will I do I've nothing else to use

You'll probably be able to pick up some ****e in a petrol station as a temporary measure.

I don't know how much they cost though.

Ok so you probably want a variable voltage/wattage VV/VW battery so you can adjust the output to suit your taste.

This looks decent:

Smoktech eMax VV VW Battery (Winder V2)

€16 for VV/VW 650mAh battery.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/413-smoktech-emax-vv-vw-battery-winder-v2.html

8mm wrote: »
    Ok so you probably want a variable voltage/wattage VV/VW battery so you can adjust the output to suit your taste.

This looks decent:

Smoktech eMax VV VW Battery (Winder V2)

€16 for VV/VW 650mAh battery.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/413-smoktech-emax-vv-vw-battery-winder-v2.html

How do you change the watts on that ?

How do you change the watts on that ?

That shop link contains the info and there is a picture of the control for it - just twist the dial at the bottom of the battery to the watts you want.

Na I'm sorry. I haven't had a vape all day so I'm a moody **** today
    Lol, we've all been there mate!
    Hope you get it sorted.
    I can solder, but I'm guessing the usb port is held in with hot glue, and I can't fix that.

Lol, we've all been there mate!
    Hope you get it sorted.
    I can solder, but I'm guessing the usb port is held in with hot glue, and I can't fix that.

It's been over 24 hours since I had a vape now , think I might try and stay off it at this stage.

• Advertisement

It's been over 24 hours since I had a vape now , think I might try and stay off it at this stage.
    Beware the beer is all I can say to help you with that!

Advertisement