Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Just got efest 18350 batteries in the post this morning and tried them out in the svd 2.0. The end cap won't close properly cos the battery must be too big , and they power the screen for a few seconds but I can't get any pull from it what so ever and the screen just powers off.

What could be the problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Just got efest 18350 batteries in the post this morning and tried them out in the svd 2.0. The end cap won't close properly cos the battery must be too big , and they power the screen for a few seconds but I can't get any pull from it what so ever and the screen just powers off.

What could be the problem ?

It was efest 18350's i was using in the SVD 2.0 nipple top and flat top and the cap closed all the way, double check you have them inserted properly and check the tube in case there is something obstructing the battery.The only time i couldn't close the battery cap all the way was with nipple top 18650's.

The screen times out pretty quick on the SVD 2.0 but you should be able to vape it still.What tank and coils are you using.

LazyPicti wrote: »
    It was efest 18350's i was using in the SVD 2.0 nipple top and flat top and the cap closed all the way, double check you have them inserted properly and check the tube in case there is something obstructing the battery.The only time i couldn't close the battery cap all the way was with nipple top 18650's.

The screen times out pretty quick on the SVD 2.0 but you should be able to vape it still.What tank and coils are you using.

I bought the batteries from adverts so maybe they are faulty but the cap won't close in full. It will tread a small bit.

It will work on 8w but not properly it keeps saying check battery. Il buy some batteries from the best shop and they should be fine. I tried a nautilus and a gs air tank

I would use my Nautilus at around 12-13w with the 18350 battery's and all was well.Does the battery connections on the mod look ok, is the spring damaged.Maybe you have some dodgy battery's.

If it's still not working well for you when you get new battery's PM me and well sort something out.Have you tried 18650's yet.

I would use my Nautilus at around 12-13w with the 18350 battery's and all was well.Does the battery connections on the mod look ok, is the spring damaged.Maybe you have some dodgy battery's.

If it's still not working well for you when you get new battery's PM me and well sort something out.Have you tried 18650's yet.

They look grand the batteries but I reckon they are faulty tbh. Took a chance buying from a stranger. No I don't think il bother using 18650s because it would be massive then :D

• Advertisement

haha :) i liked it's size in 18650 mode, if anyone try's to jump you at night you could just beat them with it :)

Anyway let me know how you get on.

haha :) i liked it's size in 18650 mode, if anyone try's to jump you at night you could just beat them with it :)

Anyway let me know how you get on.

Haha no prob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

I bought the batteries from adverts so maybe they are faulty but the cap won't close in full. It will tread a small bit.

It will work on 8w but not properly it keeps saying check battery. Il buy some batteries from the best shop and they should be fine. I tried a nautilus and a gs air tank

Have you tried charging them?

Tickityboo wrote: »
    Have you tried charging them?

Yes they were almost full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

Yes they were almost full

That's odd!! they should work fine.
    Do you have some other mod or multi meter to test them?

• Advertisement

Tickityboo wrote: »
    That's odd!! they should work fine.
    Do you have some other mod or multi meter to test them?

No I've nothing like that. I've ordered a new one from the best shop anyway so hopefully that works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Just a quick question re ni -200 coils.

I ordered the 60w TC istick. Won't have it for ages as it is preorder. So I said I would start looking into things.

I was looking at the ni-200 coils for the kanger subtank. I just watched a video on them and any written specs also say that they only work with a device with a dna40 chip 'at the moment'.

Have things come along since, would they only work with a device with that chip? What chip does the istick have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

moleyv wrote:

They work fine for me with a evic vt and a smok xpro m80.

Ionised wrote:

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

moleyv wrote: »

Could be an old video when TC was only in the DNA 40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Ionised wrote: »

Xpro m80 works with NI now? When I got mine the so called TC didn't work and you could only use kanthal, I only ever used it in wattage mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Ordered stuff yesterday before lunch from vape escape off their closing down sale, email from parcel motel today that my stuff is already in Dublin sorting office, 50/60% discount I'll be getting a few more bits tomorrow just for savings long term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

EGriff wrote:
    Xpro m80 works with NI now? When I got mine the so called TC didn't work and you could only use kanthal, I only ever used it in wattage mode.

Sure does. Early ones had issues I believe but mine has newer firmware which appears to have done the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

My iStick 50w died today after 7 months.

I am going to go for a Mod with separate batteries i think.

I have been out of the loop for a good few months as to what is decent or not. (i use the Delta II tank, and the Atlantis tanks and rarely go over 35w)

Looking at esmokeireland, they have the istick 60w and 100w mods.

Are they any good or would i be better off going for the IPV4 or Innokin Disruptor or something?

Cheers Folks :)

For something with replaceable batteries you can't really look past the subox/kbox mini

• Advertisement

Have to do a thumbs up to vapeescape, stuff I ordered Thursday morning from the UK was in Irish sorting office yesterday afternoon and ready for collection in my local parcel motel this morning, free delivery from vapeescape and 4 euro for parcel motel ;-)

Anyone selling an istick 20 or 30w ? Need one for work so I don't mind if it's scratched and stuff

rottie 11 wrote:
    Anyone selling an istick 20 or 30w ? Need one for work so I don't mind if it's scratched and stuff

I've a 20w I don't use. I'll check it still charges up as I haven't used it in months. Fiver, posted if you want. Its blue.

moleyv wrote:
    I've a 20w I don't use. I'll check it still charges up as I haven't used it in months. Fiver, posted if you want. Its blue.

Works perfect. I've a barely used GS air and three coils too for another tenner if you want them. Drop me a PM if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Looking at that video, I'm not sure how much I believe him considering the amount of damage done to the 510 connector, the amount of plastic ripped out and the fact that the cable apparently came off the mainboard so easily. That cable would take some pulling which he would have noticed before it ripped free.

I reckon (in my opinion) he either over tightened an atty, cross threaded and locked one on, or perhaps has another agenda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Soundman wrote: »
    Looking at that video, I'm not sure how much I believe him considering the amount of damage done to the 510 connector, the amount of plastic ripped out and the fact that the cable apparently came off the mainboard so easily. That cable would take some pulling which he would have noticed before it ripped free.

I reckon (in my opinion) he either over tightened an atty, cross threaded and locked one on, or perhaps has another agenda?

A lot of reviewers didn't have this problem,I found 3 reviewers who did have the 510 connection pop out,a bad batch just got through the QC.

Is the stuff on fasttech genuine or replicas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Is the stuff on fasttech genuine or replicas?

If it says Authentic, then it is genuine.
    If it says Styled, then it is a clone/replica.

• Advertisement

Soundman wrote: »
    If it says Authentic, then it is genuine.
    If it says Styled, then it is a clone/replica.

Haven't seen anything that says authentic yet. How do you check the eu stock ?

Advertisement