Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Trond wrote: »
    Feicers wouldn't give me the Swedish post option. Went with Swiss post instead. Wanted to avoid the others given Black Friday is so near.

Usually for me you don't get it as one of the initial options and you need to open up all the shipping options to select it.

Just used Sweden Post for an order around 3 days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

For those that are thinking of moving up to sub ohming with Nickel/Titanium coils,160w dual 18650 batteries & dry hit protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l8NQ4IWabQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

How are e-smoke Ireland at giving freebies normally? Just got a delivery from them and nothing at all, I even avoided using the discount code, wish I had used it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

monkeynuz wrote: »
    How are e-smoke Ireland at giving freebies normally? Just got a delivery from them and nothing at all, I even avoided using the discount code, wish I had used it now.

I don't think I've ever gotten a freebie from any eCig vendor, what are you expecting to get?

Oh actually I did get a fifth bottle free from ROV when I ordered 4 of their own range, that's it though.

EGriff wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever gotten a freebie from any eCig vendor, what are you expecting to get?

Oh actually I did get a fifth bottle free from ROV when I ordered 4 of their own range, that's it though.

For starters a lot of the chaps on here mention getting freebies, I for one have received the odd sample/bottle of juice maybe the odd little extra of something, with ROV I got about €30 of extras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Can't remember ever getting a freebie from any of the irish vendors but never expected it either but I have always gotten good service and most of the time next day delivery

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Can't remember ever getting a freebie from any of the irish vendors but never expected it either but I have always gotten good service and most of the time next day delivery

Perhaps you don't spend enough lol :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Random freebies. Ever heard of a Skinner Box? It's a psych experiment in which animals would press a button to get a food reward except the twist was that the reward was only given randomly. It was found that the animals would develop all sorts of weird behaviour believing that it was a this certain behaviour that caused them to get the reward. Later experiments found that humans will do much the same.

Love it ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operant_conditioning_chamber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

monkeynuz wrote: »

Never got anything off them extra either. Have done off of many other sites though. Maybe they only do it for regulars?

I'm expecting a package from esmoke today & I'm sure there will be no freebies again,not even on Black Friday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Arek

15% off in http://www.efag.ie/ code "Friday"

8mm wrote: »
    Random freebies. Ever heard of a Skinner Box? It's a psych experiment in which animals would press a button to get a food reward except the twist was that the reward was only given randomly. It was found that the animals would develop all sorts of weird behaviour believing that it was a this certain behaviour that caused them to get the reward. Later experiments found that humans will do much the same.

Love it ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operant_conditioning_chamber

Not entirely,

Two orders from ivape - 2 freebies, four orders from ROV - 4 freebies totalling €50ish, two orders from cloud house - 2 freebies and two orders from tbs - 2 freebies, so a fairly uniform pattern has formed there I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've got the odd free bottle of eliquid from both esmoke and thebestshop, it would be very rare though and a nice surprise. I don't know why you'd expect it though...

Actually once I placed an order with esmoke and it didn't arrive for over a week, I emailed them and they sent it again and threw in a freebie. Then the original package turned up a few days later so I emailed them to say I'd post it back and they told me to hang on to it.

I've pretty much ordered exclusively from them since. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

I've gotten a free bottle once from ROV, didnt expect it and i never would, i payed for something and thats what i expect to recieve.

I don't go to tesco every week, do the shopping and wait for someone to come up to me as im leaving and say "Hey, you shopped here, have a free box of washing power...."

morritty wrote: »
    I've gotten a free bottle once from ROV, didnt expect it and i never would, i payed for something and thats what i expect to recieve.

I don't go to tesco every week, do the shopping and wait for someone to come up to me as im leaving and say "Hey, you shopped here, have a free box of washing power...."

I never said I expect it, I just asked if they make a habit of it.

The fact that other vendors have thrown something in each time I've ordered makes me more likely to deal with them in the future, I will still get a certain juice from E smoke but may shop elsewhere for other stuff that seem to appreciate to online business in an increasingly competitive market.

I've only ever been into Tesco a couple of times in my life so wouldn't be able to comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

ROV have some liquid brands on sale. Different offers each week in the run up to Xmas.

Some hardware too. Details on their FB page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Bought a goblin mini from RoV today and got a bottle of Elements thrown in. Bought two bottles of milkman and he wouldn't charge for the five pads of cotton.

Absolutely great shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Guys/Girls,

I need some advice please.

I got an iStick 30w battery the other week (upgraded from the eGo C Twist) and now I'm flying through coils like every two days (whereas they used to last me like 7 to 10 days) the taste from the juice is like a burning taste all the time. I've tried different watts from as low as 5w to 20w. When I switch back to the eGo C Twist battery the taste is so much better. Oh I'm using a Kanger Protank II.

What am I doing wrong please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Iba. It sounds like your istick is putting out more power than it should. Some people put this down to the way Isticks moderate their output but I never noticed a difference between it and an innokin yoke when they were at the same watts.

If you haven't done this then try it. Out in a new coil, make sure it's saturated by leaving it in after filling and giving a few tokes (without pressing the fire button) with the air holes closed. Then start from 5w and work your way up until it's how you want it. If thay doesn't work ad it's burning everything then you should probably try to return it.

I had that same problem with a pro-tank II,I tried more than a half dozen coils & all had the same burning taste,I binned it.
    Try a different clearo on the istick,like a Nautilus & see how that performs,if you haven't got another clearo,maybe there are one of us that lives in your region & let you try a different clearo.

• Advertisement

I had that same problem with a pro-tank II,I tried more than a half dozen coils & all had the same burning taste,I binned it.
    Try a different clearo on the istick,like a Nautilus & see how that performs,if you haven't got another clearo,maybe there are one of us that lives in your region & let you try a different clearo.

That is very interesting.

I actually forgot to mention that I have the kanger airflow attachment on the Protank II; have it about half way open at the moment, I usually have it nearly fully opened. But when RIchieNouveau mentioned about saturating in his post I thought that maybe closing the airflow a bit that that might help.

The only other clearos that I have are some Evods - Ill check them out later, but feels like I'm going backwards rather than forwards.

BTW, none of you live in my region, Im in the UAE :)

now the bloody thing is saying no atomizer grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

iba wrote: »
    That is very interesting.

I actually forgot to mention that I have the kanger airflow attachment on the Protank II; have it about half way open at the moment, I usually have it nearly fully opened. But when RIchieNouveau mentioned about saturating in his post I thought that maybe closing the airflow a bit that that might help.

The only other clearos that I have are some Evods - Ill check them out later, but feels like I'm going backwards rather than forwards.

BTW, none of you live in my region, Im in the UAE :)

The istick problem you have now,if it is the istick (which I cannot help you with) I still reckon it's your coils,I searched Youtube to find someone that will take the coil apart & show you what I do to this day with T3s coils which are very similar to Protank coils.
    Two years since the Protank was released for sale,back then,the eliquid was very thin,something like 80PG 20VG,this wicked well with silica,todays eliquid is thicker,so you will need to remove one flavour wick from the coil or remove the two flavour wicks (if removing one doesn't help with the burning) as shown in the video,I normally remove the two flavour wicks,removing two wicks may cause a small leak coming through the Protank 510 pin & onto the 510 connector on the istick,every few days,just clean the 510 on the istick,doing it this way,you should have no more wicking problems & burning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg_K6yIxnFQ

The no atomizer on the istick,it could be your 510 pin on the Protank,ease out the pin slightly with your finger nail or very small screwdriver & see if that will connect to the istick.
    Good luck with it...

The istick problem you have now,if it is the istick (which I cannot help you with) I still reckon it's your coils,I searched Youtube to find someone that will take the coil apart & show you what I do to this day with T3s coils which are very similar to Protank coils.
    Two years since the Protank was released for sale,back then,the eliquid was very thin,something like 80PG 20VG,this wicked well with silica,todays eliquid is thicker,so you will need to remove one flavour wick from the coil or remove the two flavour wicks (if removing one doesn't help with the burning) as shown in the video,I normally remove the two flavour wicks,removing two wicks may cause a small leak coming through the Protank 510 pin & onto the 510 connector on the istick,every few days,just clean the 510 on the istick,doing it this way,you should have no more wicking problems & burning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg_K6yIxnFQ

The no atomizer on the istick,it could be your 510 pin on the Protank,ease out the pin slightly with your finger nail or very small screwdriver & see if that will connect to the istick.
    Good luck with it...

Thanks for your reply.

I watched that video, so I guess maybe it's time to start purchasing organic cotton and making my won.

But in the meantime, if I understand you correctly, your saying just pull out one of the two wicks in the coil?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

I watched that video, so I guess maybe it's time to start purchasing organic cotton and making my won.

But in the meantime, if I understand you correctly, your saying just pull out one of the two wicks in the coil?

Thanks

There should be 2 loose wicks & a 3rd wick going through the coil,just pull out the loose wicks & put back the little chimney & that rubbery thing she called an insulator (make sure the small chimney & rubbery thing is pushed back on tightly) well,it's not an insulator,it's a sealer,which stops eliquid getting into the bigger chimney which goes up to your drip tip.
    Very important how you put that rubbery thing back in place or you will get leaks,there are two sides to it,the flat side must face outwards,so when you screw the coil back into the tank,the flat side presses against the chimney & seals it.
    The other side of that rubbery thing,make sure it is pushed all the way & tight to the wick that is sticking out,that will seal it at that end.Very hard for me to put this into words,hope you understand what I'm talking about.

There should be 2 loose wicks & a 3rd wick going through the coil,just pull out the loose wicks & put back the little chimney & that rubbery thing she called an insulator (make sure the small chimney & rubbery thing is pushed back on tightly) well,it's not an insulator,it's a sealer,which stops eliquid getting into the bigger chimney which goes up to your drip tip.
    Very important how you put that rubbery thing back in place or you will get leaks,there are two sides to it,the flat side must face outwards,so when you screw the coil back into the tank,the flat side presses against the chimney & seals it.
    The other side of that rubbery thing,make sure it is pushed all the way & tight to the wick that is sticking out,that will seal it at that end.Very hard for me to put this into words,hope you understand what I'm talking about.

Yeah I know its hard to explain these things in writing, but I got you - thanks.

I was on a chocolate liquid which looked pretty thick before. On a coca cola one today which looks thinner. I don't know the PGA etc of them. I wonder if there will be a difference - Ill soon find out.

Also all my coils are kanger originals and should all be 1.8ohms, the previous ones were being read as 2.1ohms. The one I've got in today is reading close to correct at 1.9ohms - I wonder again if this will make a difference too - again I'll soon find out.

Vaping at 10watts today. Tastes okay so far.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah I know its hard to explain these things in writing, but I got you - thanks.

I was on a chocolate liquid which looked pretty thick before. On a coca cola one today which looks thinner. I don't know the PGA etc of them. I wonder if there will be a difference - Ill soon find out.

Also all my coils are kanger originals and should all be 1.8ohms, the previous ones were being read as 2.1ohms. The one I've got in today is reading close to correct at 1.9ohms - I wonder again if this will make a difference too - again I'll soon find out.

Vaping at 10watts today. Tastes okay so far.

Thanks for your help.

1.8 coils could read 1.7 or 1.9,this is normal & the older the coil gets,the resistance sometimes goes even higher,maybe around the 2.0 ohm mark.

Vape Mail arrived today,

60w TC istick
    Melo 2 Tank

Not used them yet though, just charging a battery. Istick feels solid. Buttons are nice, but a bit clicky.

And a load of liquids arrived from RoV too, I'm salivating!!!

Melo 2 is quite light. Its well built, no smell of oil or anything, so just gave it a quick wash in warm water. Not sure I'm a big fan of the side filling though.

Istick is very nice, I haven't bought any isticks since the 20w. But I must say this is nicely built, negatives are buttons are very clicky, and the charging port is on the bottom. So that's a problem for anyone who doesn't charge batteries in a proper charger. I prefer using separate anyway.

So I'm blasting out clouds on the nickel 0.15 coil. And this churritos liquid is delicious, but really runny (99% PG)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

moleyv wrote: »
    Melo 2 is quite light. Its well built, no smell of oil or anything, so just gave it a quick wash in warm water. Not sure I'm a big fan of the side filling though.

Istick is very nice, I haven't bought any isticks since the 20w. But I must say this is nicely built, negatives are buttons are very clicky, and the charging port is on the bottom. So that's a problem for anyone who doesn't charge batteries in a proper charger. I prefer using separate anyway.

So I'm blasting out clouds on the nickel 0.15 coil. And this churritos liquid is delicious, but really runny (99% PG)

If it is anything like the Lemo 2, I agree that I'm not a fan of the side fill. Too messy I found.

Each to their own, but I think you are the first person I have found that has said they don't like clicky buttons. I love them myself. As I said, each to their own though. :)

Is that juice the Churrios from The Milkman? White bottle, Blue carton? If so it is 99% VG, not PG as far as I have seen.

Advertisement