Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Got my Bellus coiled and wicked, only 3 weeks after it came in the post. Pretty good vape off it I have to say, even though I'm not usually a big fan of lung hit tanks. Dropping to 3mg from 6 is making it easier going too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

EGriff wrote: »
    Got my Bellus coiled and wicked, only 3 weeks after it came in the post. Pretty good vape off it I have to say, even though I'm not usually a big fan of lung hit tanks. Dropping to 3mg from 6 is making it easier going too.

Mine is still in the box,I'm waiting for the RX200 to arrive so I can do a special coil build & try it at 200w,never gone that high before,got to try it:)

Abbycc wrote: »
    I like wismec RX200 too. It's cool.

The size & weight suits me,very stable sitting on the table,I tend to cause the dominoe affect with most of my mods,this one is going no where & it has the power to run anything from a clearo to a dripper,I haven't got mine yet but thinking of ordering a black one as well,the skins for it really look good,Cigreen seems to be the only one selling this mod & skins,worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Mine is still in the box,I'm waiting for the RX200 to arrive so I can do a special coil build & try it at 200w,never gone that high before,got to try it:)

I'm only rocking mine at 30w, .5 ohms. Plenty for me at the moment.

EGriff wrote: »
    I'm only rocking mine at 30w, .5 ohms. Plenty for me at the moment.

Everyone has there own sweet spot,I find the 0.5 coils a little harsh at around the 30 to 40w,I get a more satisfying vape & less harshness using a 0.1 or 0.2 at 70 to 80w,but it does go through some juice,so I intend to vape it every 20 minutes & use higher resistance coils inbetween.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

moleyv wrote: »
    Just looking at them there, they have better mah alright, so can hold more. But they are only rated 20A whereas the Samsung are 30A. I'll have to have a look to see if 20A will do. I got my Samsung's off ESI too. I think Samsung and LG are supposed to be the best brands.

HG2's are fine unless you're vaping at 200 watts constantly, you'd need something like VCT3/4's if you do.

Incidentally 3 HG2's will give you around 12 minutes of vaping time at 200 watts:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Very happy with the Uwell Crown tank I bought from fasttech. Using the stock 0.25 coil @70w the clouds are ridiculous and the flavour is spot on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Anyone know much about as wire? Just ordered v4a ss wire from TBS. From what I can see on Google it's a German standard, but i don't know if it's the same as 316L or 317L. Any help appreciated.
    Also, a side note, just received a reuleaux rx200 and this thing feels great in the hand. The only regulated mods I ever bought were I sticks till now. This feels so much more substantial. Not just because of the weight (it is heavy due to 3 x 18650) but it just feels quality.

Here's a question about SS,on YT,I see alot of reviewers building SS coils,some use them on the SS TC mode & others use them on Power/Wattage mode & not one of them explains which is the best way.
    Anyone know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Here's a question about SS,on YT,I see alot of reviewers building SS coils,some use them on the SS TC mode & others use them on Power/Wattage mode & not one of them explains which is the best way.
    Anyone know...

I'm more than a bit confused and I'd say a lot more are as well , I tried to get a thread going here and on FB about SS builds and it went nowhere .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    I'm more than a bit confused and I'd say a lot more are as well , I tried to get a thread going here and on FB about SS builds and it went nowhere .

I'm sorry,I must have missed it & I never use Facebook,I only look in the Sticky threads everyday,if it was put somewhere else,I would miss a post cos they disappear to the next page & I don't bother with the next page.
    When you posted about SS,there weren't any mods for sale in Ireland at the time & were expensive outside of Ireland.Even FT had a long waiting time & that's not including the delivery time.
    Now that the TC mods are plentiful in Ireland,maybe more vapors will take an interest,I reckon SS is alot cleaner than kanthal.
    Any chance that you may know the answer to my question above.

Any chance that you may know the answer to my question above.

No , sorry , I keep meaning to have a search around the internet but any time I do it seems to direct me towards reddit and I refuse to go there .

jonski wrote: »
    No , sorry , I keep meaning to have a search around the internet but any time I do it seems to direct me towards reddit and I refuse to go there .

Don't blame you,I'll search out someone on YT that is not in my subscribers list,I did see them dry burning SS but not to the point of glowing,there is one YT er out there who has a passion for SS,I'll find him & put his link in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

First dual coil build in my Steam Crave RDA, dual kanthals, 4.5 loops each side, 0.5Ohms, vapes very well, nice flavour, nice clouds, not as hard to do as I thought, just a bit of messing once installed to get them firing equally and from the inside out.

EG4oAOX.jpg

Inquitus wrote: »
    First dual coil build in my Steam Crave RDA, dual kanthals, 4.5 loops each side, 0.5Ohms, vapes very well, nice flavour, nice clouds, not as hard to do as I thought, just a bit of messing once installed to get them firing equally and from the inside out.

EG4oAOX.jpg

Good build,next time you do a build,try spacing your coils instead,you wont need to correct your coils at all,experimenting with coils is great fun,using a different device would allow you to use a thicker gauge & more wraps,it becomes a hobby,eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Like a gob****e I fired up my new coil in my Ijust 2 earlier before I put in my juice, cant get rid of the burnt taste now. Have I screwd up my new coil:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Glebee wrote: »
    Like a gob****e I fired up my new coil in my Ijust 2 earlier before I put in my juice, cant get rid of the burnt taste now. Have I screwd up my new coil:(

You've likely torched the wick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

That coil is dead, the iJust2 fires full power all the time so not a hope you can save the coil I think, I have a few extras if you need one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

JH_raheny wrote: »
    That coil is dead, the iJust2 fires full power all the time so not a hope you can save the coil I think, I have a few extras if you need one

No thks m8, I picked up a good few earlier in the year and never used them, but you know yourself I bloddu hate wasting coils.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Glebee wrote: »

That happened to me the first time I used it as well. Only difference was that I had juice in it and was wicked and primed fully. Using other coils I bought with it luckily but I get no taste from any juice from it. Glad I only spent €20 on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

At least u have more coils, I love the iJust2, only ever had a dry hit once because I was chain vaping to hard and only ever a leak once because it was tossed around and dropped quite a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

JH_raheny wrote: »

You can put Aspire coils in the iJust2, I have one its not a bad device decent entry level sub ohm setup, I have a dual coil RDA on mine atm and it fires it nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

After a while with the TC60w istick I'd say its not great. Especially with nickel.

Performs well with standard coils in wattage mode. Ti works well but not a great vape.

Nickel is buggy as hell. Ohms keep changing, locking them doesn't actually lock them. They go wrong after 5 mins of non use.

So when I want to use it, I have to:

Turn on
    Turn off ohm lock
    Remove melo 2
    Put it back on
    Fire
    Check resistance
    Lock if good
    Vape, and resistance will go wrong after a few mins of inactivity.

Melo 2 is a lovely tank though. Has better flavour than the kanger subtanks, for me at least.

I'd say avoid the istick if you want to use nickel and temp control. Wattage mode is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Pretty much identical to my experience with the Evic vtc mini Moley! Wish I hadn't spent 30 odd quid on titanium wire but you live and learn. I'm back to twisting kanthal for the subtanks. Great vape off the "RBA plus" (V2) with twisted 26.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Pretty much identical to my experience with the Evic vtc mini Moley! Wish I hadn't spent 30 odd quid on titanium wire but you live and learn. I'm back to twisting kanthal for the subtanks. Great vape off the "RBA plus" (V2) with twisted 26.

Yeah its very frustrating. I think you have to spend big for a proper TC mod.

Its sad really, when it's working the vape is spectacular. I have one of those 200w wismecs on order. Hopefully that works better, otherwise I'll be sticking to kanthal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Trond wrote: »

I'm holding tough for the new mods from the Vapourflask crowd , VapeForward .

Trond wrote: »

Here is the exact mod for a third of the price,only difference is,this doesn't have the e-scribe software....

http://cigreen.com/en/box-mods/383-wismec-reuleaux-rx200-joyetech-board.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

The DNA and RX versions of the Wismec are really nice but the DNA 200 board is literally the best TC board there is.

You can add different wire profiles yourself using escribe - The RX200 is probably calibrated for 316 steel, that's the steel you have to use if you want decent TC, the DNA can be set for any type of wire and that includes materials we aren't aware of that could be good for TC.

I don't have the Wismec DNA, I have the Hcigar VT200 which ain't as sexy but the DNA 200 is just amazing for TC.

Advertisement