Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

bd2012 wrote: »
    Would I be safe in assuming that ordering from gearbests Chinese site is similar to fasttech, ie forget about your order until it arrives and surprises you! Order shipped 10 Dec. Still nothing.....

Definatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I got a temp control iStick 60W today from Gearbest today. It did have a little yellow sticker on it. Have no idea what it entails.

****ing thing isnt working properly with my builds though. Does Kanthal not work? It said the coil was 0.4 or something yet its 1.2?

Not really very impressed with it otherwise either - its much bigger than the 20w/ 30w - doesnt look great.

Would I be safe in assuming that ordering from gearbests Chinese site is similar to fasttech, ie forget about your order until it arrives and surprises you! Order shipped 10 Dec. Still nothing.....

My order shipped Dec 4th, arrived today.

Youre going to have to factor in the holiday period and the days off/ extra post that entails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

J Mysterio wrote: »
    My order shipped Dec 4th, arrived today.

Youre going to have to factor in the holiday period and the days off/ extra post that entails.

Good to hear it. Yeah figured as much with the Xmas period. Thanks again!

Can anyone please explain the theory/ practicalities of a TC build in relation to the iStick 60W?

I got it last week and tried to build a 1.2 Kanthal coil in my Kayfun but it didnt fire. It read 0.4 ohms I think. I then built a 1.6 ohm and that read at 0.4 also. I only use Kayfun L+'s of which I have 5 now!

I ordered some nickel wire for the TC last night but got quite alarmed when doing some perfunctory research though. More confused and a little terrified.

Its not near as simple as Kanthal and VW? Tbh, had I done my research I wouldnt have bought the TC and would have got another 30W iStick. For the last 2 yearsish ive only used iSticks with Kayfuns on Kanthal builds at 1.2 ohms Kanthal. Simple, safe and reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

J Mysterio wrote:
    Can anyone please explain the theory/ practicalities of a TC build in relation to the iStick 60W?

I don't build much, and always with kanthal.

But I'll just say the 60wTC is really bad at reading ohms, even using stock coils, so bad it has problems firing, unless I fire to warm the coil, then remove tank so it re reads.

It works very well with stock kanthal coils for me though. Haven't tried a build on it.

But its dodgy as hell in TC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I have an 40wTC and not tried TC just kanthal. Your tank may be making poor contact and I had this issue with a kayfun v4. To fix it I adjusted the contact screw on the base of the tank and it works fairly well though I do need to occasionally need to readjust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I got it last week and tried to build a 1.2 Kanthal coil in my Kayfun but it didnt fire. It read 0.4 ohms I think. I then built a 1.6 ohm and that read at 0.4 also. I only use Kayfun L+'s of which I have 5 now!

I ordered some nickel wire for the TC last night but got quite alarmed when doing some perfunctory research though. More confused and a little terrified.

Its not near as simple as Kanthal and VW? Tbh, had I done my research I wouldnt have bought the TC and would have got another 30W iStick. For the last 2 yearsish ive only used iSticks with Kayfuns on Kanthal builds at 1.2 ohms Kanthal. Simple, safe and reliable.

I have watched a ton of videos about TC & alot of viewers always complaining about Kayfuns,PBusardo is a big user of Kayfuns & he just can't connect a Kayfun on most TC mods,something to do with the 510 on the Kayfun & he has contacted Kayfun about this problem,maybe he has some news on his website.
    So I reckon your TC 60w is not your problem,can you try another type of atty on your TC mod to see if that works ok,then you will know that it is the Kayfun that is causing this problem.
    It seems that Kayfun & TC mods don't like each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Does anyone know if any of the Cork ecig shops sell decent 18650s? Or any 18650s, just need one to tie me over the weekend until I get some decent ones online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

Can anyone reccomend a good european alternative to fastech. I dont expect to pay the same prices for hardware in europe, but if i could find some where that was cheap with faster delivery id gladly pay a little more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

eirewhite wrote: »
    Can anyone reccomend a good european alternative to fastech. I dont expect to pay the same prices for hardware in europe, but if i could find some where that was cheap with faster delivery id gladly pay a little more

And slightly more reliable and not 9 timezones away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Gearbest.com have an EU warehouse. Their EU range is much smaller and you have to pay for delivery but it still works out much cheaper than buying from any Europe based companies.

Gearbest.com have an EU warehouse. Their EU range is much smaller and you have to pay for delivery but it still works out much cheaper than buying from any Europe based companies.

Im hearing mixed reviews , anyone care to comment on their delivery times??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I hope I'm misunderstanding this, but are you trying to fire a kanthal build in temperature control mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I've made 2 orders from the EU warehouse. First was an Evic Mini that arrived 4 days after ordering, the other was a Xiami Redmi 2 phone (I'd really recommend it if you're technically capable and want what nearly qualifies as a mid range phone in Ireland for 130 euro) for my wife which came in 6 days. Hard to complain, it's still near enough Chinese prices for less less than a week delivery.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

My first order from the EU warehouse shipped on the 4th and has not arrived yet although the tracking site said it was on route to customer today at 12pm

Have any of you tried that bomb pop eliquid I see advertised a lot in 150ml bottles. I like the sound of it but its a lot of juice to buy without a taste first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

EGriff wrote: »
    Have any of you tried that bomb pop eliquid I see advertised a lot in 150ml bottles. I like the sound of it but its a lot of juice to buy without a taste first.

I have, Republic of Vape very kindly sent me 150mls absolutely free, the mad gits.

It's lovely (I've been saying that since Vapefest, I'm not shilling!), but I'm pretty sure they and Vintage Vape Rooms have little sample bottles in-store if you were near any of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I have, Republic of Vape very kindly sent me 150mls absolutely free, the mad gits.

It's lovely (I've been saying that since Vapefest, I'm not shilling!), but I'm pretty sure they and Vintage Vape Rooms have little sample bottles in-store if you were near any of them?

I can vouch for her not being a shill.

Also I don't know about RoV, but VVR do have samples of Bomb Pop available.
    Haven't tried it yet myself, but by all accounts (not just Penny's :P ) It is meant to be lovely. Supposed to taste like some Rocket Ice Lolly from a few years back. Can't recall which one though.

Sounds like gearbest mighy be ok then. Mite try them for my next order

• Advertisement

8mm wrote: »
    I have an 40wTC and not tried TC just kanthal. Your tank may be making poor contact and I had this issue with a kayfun v4. To fix it I adjusted the contact screw on the base of the tank and it works fairly well though I do need to occasionally need to readjust.

Tried that but didnt work - thanks anyway - good idea.

I got nickel wire in from ESI yesterday. Terrified to make a build! :pac:

Soundman wrote: »
    I hope I'm misunderstanding this, but are you trying to fire a kanthal build in temperature control mode?

No. The VW mode wont work for me with kanthal builds.

Anybody on here using dh gate? They are pretty cheap. Its set up for wholesalers but you can filter it down to venders selling one lots of items. They are chinese and almost as cheap as fast tech in alot of cases but twice as fast for shipping. Myself and the missus have been wholesaleing bits and pieces from there for 2 or 3 years and in some cases we are getting orders from china to our door step in 5-6 days. Granted it does help if you are buying larger quantities but well worth a look and a dig through the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

EGriff wrote: »
    Does anyone know if any of the Cork ecig shops sell decent 18650s? Or any 18650s, just need one to tie me over the weekend until I get some decent ones online.

Did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quarefarmers

Hi,not long vaping,I got a kangertech mini subtak and need to get some new occ coils,can I buy these in the shop or should I get them online?

11214 wrote: »
    Did you get sorted?

I did cheers, dubious quality though, its just a green battery with a sticker saying 2500mah 18650.

Gonna order a few LGs and a charger today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Hi,not long vaping,I got a kangertech mini subtak and need to get some new occ coils,can I buy these in the shop or should I get them online?

If you have a shop handy get them there,make sure they are authentic & the price should be around €3.50 each.

On the other hand,if you need more stuff as well as coils just buy online,here is the old version http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/534-kanger-occ-subtank-coil-head.html

And here is the New version which I have never tried yet,these give you more choice of coils in ohms.
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/666-kanger-ssocc-coil-head.html

Order arrived today. Evic vt. Funny though ordered the black, received the yellow! Still like it all the same :) It's actually quite heavy!

If you have a shop handy get them there,make sure they are authentic & the price should be around €3.50 each.

On the other hand,if you need more stuff as well as coils just buy online,here is the old version http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/534-kanger-occ-subtank-coil-head.html

And here is the New version which I have never tried yet,these give you more choice of coils in ohms.
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/666-kanger-ssocc-coil-head.html

Just as thebestshop is mentioned here I gotta say I got some fantastic customer service from Bart on a dodgy device today. Replacement in the post tomorrow. Credit where credit is due, great customer service!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Just as thebestshop is mentioned here I gotta say I got some fantastic customer service from Bart on a dodgy device today. Replacement in the post tomorrow. Credit where credit is due, great customer service!

I got the same treatment a while back, I was refunded for an item in full. Great shop to do business with.

Advertisement