Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

trixiebust wrote: »
    picnmixdiy are now selling flavour concentrates of pre mixed flavours in 10 ml bottles. Couple of flavours I want to try out, and now don't have to buy all individual flavours.

http://picknmixdiy.com/key-lime-cheesecake-recipe-picknmix-vaping-ireland?page=2

:D:D I left the same info in the DIY section before I read yours,I'll just leave it there now.
    I still don't get email notifications since the site got hit,very annoying when one can't read the new posts without going to the vaping homepage & searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

So in the end I bought the kanger Toptank:

https://m.fasttech.com/p/4086101

and these coils (I hope they are the right ones):

https://m.fasttech.com/p/3848002

I'm going to use the toptank with an IStick 30w battery (again I hope that works)

and these coils for the iSub Apex which I have now been told that I can keep. Again, I hope they are the right ones:

https://m.fasttech.com/p/4206805

Thanks for your help guys and fingers crossed I have managed to buy the correct coils and everything works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'm after ordering a Crater USB from Amazon, lifetime guarantee with it. Wondering if anybody here has had any experience with it?

Odd/Stupid question also but are devices such as this okay to bring with carry on luggage through airports? heading on a few weekend breaks this year, including Amsterdam & just want to make sure before I have the thing confiscated!

Will look through this thread to see what preferred vendors are but I must find out if this device can use waxes.

Appreciate any advice you might have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

That looks like a pax to me. This forum is more for nicotine vaping.

Personally I wouldn't bring one of those on a plane, especially if its been used and has some residue stuck in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'm after ordering a Crater USB from Amazon, lifetime guarantee with it. Wondering if anybody here has had any experience with it?

Odd/Stupid question also but are devices such as this okay to bring with carry on luggage through airports? heading on a few weekend breaks this year, including Amsterdam & just want to make sure before I have the thing confiscated!

Will look through this thread to see what preferred vendors are but I must find out if this device can use waxes.

Appreciate any advice you might have!

If your using this to vape anything that's legally questionable then you should not travel with it across borders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Just trying out my Smok TFV4 mini with the stock Clapton coil.

I didn't really believe reviewers when they said you can see the liquid going down.

But its true, insanely true. And It took probably 1ml to prime the giant coil.

I went through a tank in 10 mins. Have to DIY juice with this.

Now I feel a bit sick cause of the nic intake. Immense clouds and flavour though. Not sure if it was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Been using a Cuboid for a while now and just realised there was a sticky plastic cover on the screen. Duuhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

jno547 wrote: »
    Been using a Cuboid for a while now and just realised there was a sticky plastic cover on the screen. Duuhh.

Me too!! only copped it after about a month.

Tickityboo wrote:

Hope we don't end up with big dirty scratches on the screen now as a result of removing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Tickityboo wrote: »

There's me thinking " ah come on lads, I'm sure I took that off the first day "

The I look at mine, scratch at the top a bit and " oh look, there is still plastic on mine too " :D

• Advertisement

New Istick 100w TC looks interesting,anyone try it out yet?

Gotta say the Nebox is really growing on me, have it a few weeks but only started using it regularly in the last week or so. I've always been a mouth to lunger but the small clouds aren't as satisfying now. Might have to retire my trusty Nautilus.

EGriff wrote:
    Gotta say the Nebox is really growing on me, have it a few weeks but only started using it regularly in the last week or so. I've always been a mouth to lunger but the small clouds aren't as satisfying now. Might have to retire my trusty Nautilus.

Agree with you on that one, its a nice setup and I've had no problems re leaks or anything similar, touch wood. Only thing I'm wary off is the tank which I assume is plastic and which would be sensitive to certain juices so it's something to be mindful of..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

Agree with you on that one, its a nice setup and I've had no problems re leaks or anything similar, touch wood. Only thing I'm wary off is the tank which I assume is plastic and which would be sensitive to certain juices so it's something to be mindful of..

i would say that the nebox was a great bit of kit if the damn thing would stop leaking. tried new stock coils, old subtank coils and the rba but still get leaks.
    with some people saying they have leaking, and others say they have no leaking i'm inclined to think that maybe a faulty batch could be the problem.
    i think mine was bought in ecirette (xmas gift)
    as i said i love the flavour from it, but can only use it at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

thevaper wrote:
    i would say that the nebox was a great bit of kit if the damn thing would stop leaking. tried new stock coils, old subtank coils and the rba but still get leaks. with some people saying they have leaking, and others say they have no leaking i'm inclined to think that maybe a faulty batch could be the problem. i think mine was bought in ecirette (xmas gift) as i said i love the flavour from it, but can only use it at home.

I don't have one, but in grimmgreens review his was leaking too. So he said when he wasn't using it, he took out the drip tip and left it upside down.

thevaper wrote: »
    i would say that the nebox was a great bit of kit if the damn thing would stop leaking. tried new stock coils, old subtank coils and the rba but still get leaks.
    with some people saying they have leaking, and others say they have no leaking i'm inclined to think that maybe a faulty batch could be the problem.
    i think mine was bought in ecirette (xmas gift)
    as i said i love the flavour from it, but can only use it at home.

I remember you saying that to me last time we met but with mine I haven't lost a drop with either the stock coils or rba so you could be right in saying that its a fault in a batch which is a pity as it's a great piece of kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

jno547 wrote:
    I remember you saying that to me last time we met but with mine I haven't lost a drop with either the stock coils or rba so you could be right in saying that its a fault in a batch which is a pity as it's a great piece of kit.

My own experience with the Nebox has been leak free - both rba and stock coils. My wife seems to manage getting hers to leak from time to time. It seems that hers can leak if the juice level goes below 1/3

I've had no leaks but I leave it on its side all the time, heard that helps.

Yeah I remember mentioning that to you.
    By the way it's great to see that you're back

thevaper wrote:
    Yeah I remember mentioning that to you. By the way it's great to see that you're back

I know your just saying that in the hope that a bargain might be on the horizon hee hee hee (still can't add smilys)

• Advertisement

I know your just saying that in the hope that a bargain might be on the horizon hee hee hee (still can't add smilys)[/QUOTE

Now would I think of a thing like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Took the plunge Wednesday and switched from 3mg to 0mg.. Have been wanting to for a while, not that I think nicotine is that bad for you but just get get away from it.
    No problem I said, it will be easy enough since in on a low level like 3mg.
    Fcuking hell, its like giving up the smokes all over again, the nicotine craving is still there.
    I usually done bring my device to work but I walked out of the office yesterday evening gagging for a drag of something. Oh well ill try to stick at the 0mg for a while and see what happens.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Glebee wrote: »
    Took the plunge Wednesday and switched from 3mg to 0mg.. Have been wanting to for a while, not that I think nicotine is that bad for you but just get get away from it.
    Fcuking hell, its like giving up the smokes all over again, the nicotine craving is still there.
    I usually done bring my device to work but I walked out of the office yesterday evening gagging for a drag of something. Oh well ill try to stick at the 0mg for a while and see what happens.

If you make your own juice you could try to gradually reduce the nicotine level to 2mg then 1mg etc, it might make the switch to 0mg easier for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

If you make your own juice you could try to gradually reduce the nicotine level to 2mg then 1mg etc, it might make the switch to 0mg easier for you.

No pain, no gain.. Ill stick it out for a while, until I murder someone.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Yeah, that's working pretty well for me. I moved from 3mg to 1.5mg about six weeks ago and I didn't really notice it. Hoping to be down to 0mg by the time the TPD comes around.

Glebee wrote: »

Another thing that helps is if you increase the PG in your juice,it gives a stronger throat hit and reduces the nic craving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I think if I ever drop to 0mg, I'll just quit vaping tbh. It'll save a lot of money over time. Sometimes it feels as pricey as smoking :O But ... my venture into DIY is tarting soon, so hopefully save a few bob that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I think if I ever drop to 0mg, I'll just quit vaping tbh. It'll save a lot of money over time. Sometimes it feels as pricey as smoking :O But ... my venture into DIY is tarting soon, so hopefully save a few bob that way.

For me, it's my damned sweet tooth that keeps me vaping, I just love the calorie free taste!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Has anyone tried the e liquid from deals ?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the e liquid from deals ?

The missus got a few bottles of that stuff a while back, its filth. If you're used to vaping anything half decent you're going to be disappointed.

Advertisement