Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

The missus got a few bottles of that stuff a while back, its filth. If you're used to vaping anything half decent you're going to be disappointed.

Cheers I'd be more used of vaping cheap stuff anyway. Don't see the difference between a 3euro bottle and a 15e bottle tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Cheers I'd be more used of vaping cheap stuff anyway. Don't see the difference between a 3euro bottle and a 15e bottle tbh
    Honestly I wouldn't risk it. Unknown juice from an unknown manufacturer in China? No thanks.
    And if you can't tell the difference between a bottle of say, Dekang vs something like Elements Pink Lemonade (Vintage Vape Rooms), then I would hazard a guess you are very much the exception to the rule! Thats not an attack on you, its just I haven't heard anyone who's advanced down the vape road from an ego battery and CE tank say anything like it.
    Don't get me wrong now, I do think eliquids are getting out of hand with the pricing.
    Glass bottles I'm sure are taking up way too much of the cost, not to mention I find glass bottles and drippers to be a huge pain.
    There are some juices out there that are both high quality and affordable, like Fuu Vapey Bear or Low Rider, at €22(?) for a 50ml bottle is just fine by me.
    Try ecirette for those juices.

Still and all, when I do splash out on a bottle of something mad like Craft Vapery 'Its Toast' at €26(?) a bottle I think its worth it.
    Some liquids just slap you in the flavour hole so hard they stand out from the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Didihno wrote:
    Still and all, when I do splash out on a bottle of something mad like Craft Vapery 'Its Toast' at €26(?) a bottle I think its worth it. Some liquids just slap you in the flavour hole so hard they stand out from the crowd.

Have to agree with you there, I recently got a bottle of Valley Girl for 22 yoyo and it is gorgeous and has something that I don't think I could get from mixing my own, having said that I wouldn't pay that much regularly for a juice but it is nice now and then as a treat and can be appreciated for what it is, a premium juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Hey folks,

I'm looking to upgrade from the original iStick (sick of the overpowering). Did their more recent mods address this issue?

I'm looking for a small light and easy to use box mod. I use a PT 2 mini with jap cotton and precoiled coils from FT.

I've no interest in micro coils, rebuilding, cloudchasing. Something compact, long battery, correct readings and output.

Nothing overly fancy required. Any suggestions?

Arbitrary wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I'm looking to upgrade from the original iStick (sick of the overpowering). Did their more recent mods address this issue?

I'm looking for a small light and easy to use box mod. I use a PT 2 mini with jap cotton and precoiled coils from FT.

I've no interest in micro coils, rebuilding, cloudchasing. Something compact, long battery, correct readings and output.

Nothing overly fancy required. Any suggestions?

All the newer isticks have removable 18650 batteries so you'll need a charger and a couple of batteries if your going that route,Nitecore do a good range of chargers and Samsung are good batteries. Best of the isticks imo is the TC60,it has temp control but you never have to use it if you want to keep it in power mode it works very well.
    If your going with a built in battery the choice is becoming limited these days but these have lasted well,Coolfire 4,MVP 3 and MVP 2.
    Most of the newer mods have removable batteries and one of the better ones is the Evic VTC Mini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

iStick 40w has a built in battery too. Simple solid device.

Does anyone here have a cubis tank? How does it compare to the nautilius tank? Heard some reports of the coils spitting like mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

EGriff wrote: »
    Does anyone here have a cubis tank? How does it compare to the nautilius tank? Heard some reports of the coils spitting like mad.

I have one and I'm really not impressed by the coils (love the tank and the idea of it) some spit like mad I'm talking molten hot blobs of liquid, just have to fire it a few time for a few seconds before it stops but can catch you off guard and burn your tongue/mouth.

Other coils have been great (great flavour when they work)but only lasted a few days and others have burnt out almost instantly no flavour from them at all. Now I have only used the 1.5ohm clapton coils and bought each one separate so wasn't a bad box of them or anything.

Going back to my triton 2 as my all day I think cause I have gone through about 5/6 coils in like a month.

Id say either get a triton 2 or try get the 1.8ohm clapton coils for your nautilus (they are coils for the triton mini but fit the nautilus) and enjoy them . Unless you wanna go sub ohm but thats a different kettle of fish and one i know little about.

Yeah I have some of those claptops for the nautilus, don't find them great tbh, they spit and gurgle more than the BVC coils.

I have a few sub ohm bits but I like to keep a MTL tank around too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I have a cubis, I started with the 0.5, it does have the odd spit to be honest, more a splurge really. Too tight a draw for me, couldn't tell between fully open, nearly closed.

I left it for a couple days and the coil flooded. Not sure if it was my fault for drawing too much or what.

Switched to the 1.0, not really used it to be honest. An rba can be got separate. Not used it.

• Advertisement

I finally got around to opening my Griffin RTA.

I installed two premade Clapton coils in there and getting around 0.3 ohms.

I don't build too often, normally only when I'm stuck. But this was very easy to build in. Deck is huge for an RTA. The two Clapton coils made for a tight enough fit, but reasonably easy for a novice like myself. Wicking is relatively easy too, had a little leak from the base air intake at the start from over priming the wick.

I like the fact it has juice control, so I can close it off when not in use so it won't flood or anything.

Lovely vape off it. Very easy top fill with large openings. Tank doesn't have huge capacity due to the size of the deck, I think around 3.5 ml. But that's fine as its so easy to till.

Its fairly tall, but a standard 22mm width.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Hi, looking for advice. I'm running with a spinner 2 however I keep having to replace coil heads at €10 for 5, as they don't last very long in the tank. Can anyone recommend a tank that I will get some longevity from to run with this device? Don't mind splashing out a bit if it lasts.

Hi, looking for advice. I'm running with a spinner 2 however I keep having to replace coil heads at €10 for 5, as they don't last very long in the tank. Can anyone recommend a tank that I will get some longevity from to run with this device? Don't mind splashing out a bit if it lasts.

What tank are you using and how long roughly do the coils last?

Kangertech T3D, costs a tenner. The coils last between a few days to a week.

Kangertech T3D, costs a tenner. The coils last between a few days to a week.

Is the spinner still holding a good charge?

To be honest you might do better to get a new tank and battery.

Coils for something like a nautilus mini or eleaf GS air would last longer (generally) but cost more. You'd be paying 2.50-4.50 for any newer tanks, but they should last 1-2 weeks at least. Although you will occasionally get one that claps out faster.

Are you letting the tank run out of liquid? Doing that will end up burning out the coils faster.

Do you like the tube style of the spinner? Or would you be open to something a bit more rectangular/boxy.

These questions can narrow down your options.

Yeah the charge is good, I would be letting the liquid run down before refilling. I'm happy enough with the spinner as when the coil is new there is a good drag, it's just the constant replacing and it dying on me. I might be overfilling?
    What's the difference between nautilus mini and nautilus?

Yeah the charge is good, I would be letting the liquid run down before refilling. I'm happy enough with the spinner as when the coil is new there is a good drag, it's just the constant replacing and it dying on me. I might be overfilling? What's the difference between nautilus mini and nautilus?

Don't let the liquid go empty in the tank anyway, that will cause it to burn the coil.

The nautilus is a bigger version of the mini. It holds more liquid.

There are two main type of connection with tanks and batteries. Ego, and 510. The spinner is an ego, and the nautilus is a 510.

The spinner probably came with an adapter, and the nautilus mini does too.

Looking at the specs, (as I don't have a spinner) the spinner has a diameter of 16.5mm, but the nautilus mini has a diameter of 19mm. So the tank would be wider than the spinner, and that's before using an adapter.

Someone else might have more experience with a spinner to give you a recommendation. I know Aspire, who make the nautilus, have a smaller tank, probably similar to the kanger you are using, I have no experience with that though.

Someone else will be along with better advice.

I picked up a Clieto in the esmoke store in cork this evening. €35, not too much of a B+M mark up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

EGriff wrote: »
    I picked up a Clieto in the esmoke store in cork this evening. €35, not too much of a B+M mark up.

Not bad for a B+M,I think they are €29 online...Plus postage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Not bad for a B+M,I think they are €29 online...Plus postage...

€26.99 for me on Efag.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

The Vapour Flask Classic , twice the price of the Cuboid .................. twice the quality ?

Anyone have both and able to comment ?

jonski wrote:
    The Vapour Flask Classic , twice the price of the Cuboid .................. twice the quality ?

Aesthetically the Flask wins, nice contours and fits well in the hand, nice finish on the Flask but the battery cover moves and has a gap visible when in place, might be just my model but still a downer for me.
    Performance is equal on both in power mode, I won't comment on tc as I don't use it. Centre pin on the Flask is spring loaded but has a short resistance so tanks with a long 510 connection won't sit flush.
    So, is the Flask worth the extra, No imho, Cuboid matches it and surpasses it with its solid build and will take everything I have with no obvious gaps and is a stellar performer.

Anyone have any dealings with this Vendor...

http://www.perfectvaping.ie/mods-rda-rta.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

http://www.perfectvaping.ie/mods-rda-rta.html

No, but he's very active on Irish Vaping, not just promotional posts, general stuff too. so I'd imagine he's fairly ok to order from

No, but he's very active on Irish Vaping, not just promotional posts, general stuff too. so I'd imagine he's fairly ok to order from

Looks competitive and a good range of hardware and juice,any discounts available I wonder ?

Thanks for that info,I came across them while I was doing a Google search,prices are not bad & shipping is calculated while adding to your cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ALVINI

perfectvaping

I met him at Vapefest. Good lad and enthusiastic vaper. Have ordered some stuff of him when I ran out of stock. All genuine products.

ALVINI wrote: »
    I met him at Vapefest. Good lad and enthusiastic vaper. Have ordered some stuff of him when I ran out of stock. All genuine products.

That's good news,I'll order some stuff from him tomorrow...Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Doesn't seem to be cheaper than any of the others for DIY stuff?

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem to be cheaper than any of the others for DIY stuff?

Just gonna order those heat shrink battery wraps & some coils...

Advertisement