Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ALVINI

I don't make his pricing policy. Just giving a feedback on the seller. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

ALVINI wrote: »
    I don't make his pricing policy. Just giving a feedback on the seller. ;)

Hence why I didn't quote you ...

Just a general observation after looking at the site. Doesn't seem any cheaper than anywhere else. We're always looking for cheaper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Hence why I didn't quote you ...

Just a general observation after looking at the site. Doesn't seem any cheaper than anywhere else. We're always looking for cheaper ;)

Surely you understand that Alvini, given that you have your own shop. We are always looking for the best value. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Decided to try grumpy juice after a million recommendations. Ordered 100ml of key lime pie for €30 delivered. Hope it's nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Surely you understand that Alvini, given that you have your own shop. We are always looking for the best value. :-)

Tbh I don't look for the cheapest, I look for the best selection of equipment and juice.

I would rather a well stocked website/shop with a wide selection of stuff than a cheap one that has limited choice and stock.

Complaining that a shop isn't as cheap as another is unfair and counter productive, surely it's better to encourage good traders than moan about pricing.

• Advertisement

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Tbh I don't look for the cheapest, I look for the best selection of equipment and juice.

I would rather a well stocked website/shop with a wide selection of stuff than a cheap one that has limited choice and stock.

Complaining that a shop isn't as cheap as another is unfair and counter productive, surely it's better to encourage good traders than moan about pricing.

Agree with you whole heartedly, which is why I referred to best value rather than best price.

For example, ESI were mentioned in a thread recently as a site / shop that has become quite expensive. Yet I still buy a lot from them as I personally find some of their Game of Clouds range and the new Wingnuts Yogurt (delicious) to be better than the majority of €20+ bottles of juice I've bought. And they cost less.
    That to me is good value.

I've tried many even cheaper juices and occasionally come across one I like.
    I always have some Liqua Virginia knocking around and regularly use it to tone down the sweetness of a juice if I find it overpowering. On the other hand, I've also thrown a good few out after using half a tanks worth.

For me it'll always be a balance between price and what I believe to be quality (including service).
    On that basis, I'm really looking forward to hearing what Penny thinks of Grumpy Juice as I've read good things, it's a great price and the Gingerbread Brulee sounds delicious.
    Just waiting for a real world Yea or Nae on their juices before I pull the ever itchy trigger finger.

monkeynuz wrote: »

As a consumer you'd be mad not to look around for best price, if it's something specific you're after. ALL of us do it. My comment was NOTHING to do with the site in general, only pointing out it's not the cheapest for what 'I' want. Of course I will shop around ... don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Decided to try grumpy juice after a million recommendations. Ordered 100ml of key lime pie for €30 delivered. Hope it's nice

They look interesting, is anyone here stocking them or is it an order from their website. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I like to make big orders rather than lots of small ones.

I prefer ordering from one spot if I can, so I'll pay a little more for that convenience.

ESI are far more expensive for some things though, the price difference was 15-20e on some of the things. Its hard to justify that.

Also I've been looking at trying out these big one hit wonder bottles. One Irish vendor has it for 77e, or I could have it for 56e from UK.

I'm very partial to a few of the BordO2 range. 18e for 20ml from RoV. Or 13.90e for 20ml from them direct in France (postage is free over 70e, which my orders usually are, and requires delivery to PM (UK)).

I asked RoV about it and they have to sell it at that price as required by supplier.

I can get 100ml direct from Bord02 for around 56e.

I'll order from Irish vendors the majority of the time, but sometimes we are getting rode. I don't understand how ESI charge 20e more for something compared to another Irish vendor.

And 20e difference between one hit wonder, if I do decide to try it, I know it'll be coming from the UK. 5-10e maybe, 20, not a hope.

Convenience for me is my local iVape. I can get what I need there that day. I don't mind if I have to pay a little extra in those cases, as there's no p&p for me, great when I just want a few coils, or a bottle of juice asap. I really only buy stuff online that I cannot get there.

Speaking of one hit wonder and iVape, you could get your bottle there, using a code, with their free delivery, for €63, and you'd have it quicker.

Thats if you use the code fb10%off

There used to be a 15% code floating about, not sure if it works anymore though

• Advertisement

jno547 wrote: »
    They look interesting, is anyone here stocking them or is it an order from their website. ?

It's just their site. Free international shipping though, and the guys running the place are sound, and they get rave reviews on Safer Vapers, on Facebook.

I'll post up a review of the key lime pie once I receive it for anyone who's interested. Will also PM a discount code (it's not one that's allowed be posted publicly because it's specific to some people!) if anyone wants.

moleyv wrote: »
    I like to make big orders rather than lots of small ones.

I prefer ordering from one spot if I can, so I'll pay a little more for that convenience.

ESI are far more expensive for some things though, the price difference was 15-20e on some of the things. Its hard to justify that.

Also I've been looking at trying out these big one hit wonder bottles. One Irish vendor has it for 77e, or I could have it for 56e from UK.

I'm very partial to a few of the BordO2 range. 18e for 20ml from RoV. Or 13.90e for 20ml from them direct in France (postage is free over 70e, which my orders usually are, and requires delivery to PM (UK)).

I asked RoV about it and they have to sell it at that price as required by supplier.

I can get 100ml direct from Bord02 for around 56e.

I'll order from Irish vendors the majority of the time, but sometimes we are getting rode. I don't understand how ESI charge 20e more for something compared to another Irish vendor.

And 20e difference between one hit wonder, if I do decide to try it, I know it'll be coming from the UK. 5-10e maybe, 20, not a hope.

If you're ever around Clondalkin, the lads in healthier choice there sell the bord o2 for €15, only thing I've ever seen them sell cheaper than other vendors

I'll post up a review of the key lime pie once I receive it for anyone who's interested. Will also PM a discount code (it's not one that's allowed be posted publicly because it's specific to some people!) if anyone wants.

Thanks Penny, appreciated.

It's just their site. Free international shipping though, and the guys running the place are sound, and they get rave reviews on Safer Vapers, on Facebook.

Cheers Penny. Look forward to hearing what you think.

Haven't forgotten a review on the grumpy juice, still hasn't arrived! The owner said he'll send me another so I'm gonna wait til Tuesday and let him know.

Artisan eliquid is going out of business due to costs involved when regulations come in. Very sad to see that. First ever liquid I used and always found his flavours brilliant and good quality.

I hope this isn't the future for my favourite vendors :(

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Haven't forgotten a review on the grumpy juice, still hasn't arrived! The owner said he'll send me another so I'm gonna wait til Tuesday and let him know.

Artisan eliquid is going out of business due to costs involved when regulations come in. Very sad to see that. First ever liquid I used and always found his flavours brilliant and good quality.

Where did you hear that! Love the creme brulee and their menthol.

Just saw in on the site. This sucks. Vapaercaper in the UK closed as well. My 2 favourite vendors!
    I have been making DIY for a while now, but haven't got close to the quality of these two vendors.

I wasn't a huge fan of the artisan liquids, way too high on the PG end. I tried them all, I shot the images of the line for the web site when he started. But they just weren't for me, would much prefer my own DIY stuff. But, still, sad to see smaller business go down because of what is pretty much a criminal act, that they ironically are calling a law.

how they can tax products that have 0 tobacco, as tobacco? I'll never understand.

Very sad to hear that and hopefully not an indication of what regulation is going to do to good quality vendors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I got 50 mls of their key lime pie a couple of days ago. I'm still undecided whether I like it or not. I've tried quite a few key lime pie liquids and nothing has come close to rocket fuel vapes limerick. The lime in the grumpy version is a little too artificial for my liking. The cream end of it is pretty nice in the after taste. No doubt I'll chug down the entire bottle but I won't be rebuying.

TinCool wrote: »
    I got 50 mls of their key lime pie a couple of days ago. I'm still undecided whether I like it or not. I've tried quite a few key lime pie liquids and nothing has come close to rocket fuel vapes limerick. The lime in the grumpy version is a little too artificial for my liking. The cream end of it is pretty nice in the after taste. No doubt I'll chug down the entire bottle but I won't be rebuying.

Nice to hear an opinion on it, only received mine this morning so haven't tried it yet. I don't mind artificial too much, but I'll leave it to steep some more if I'm not too keen.

Have to give them credit though. They offered to re-send the juice because I was waiting 12 days, I told them to hold off before doing that. Received the original this morning, with a free 30ml strawberry donut liquid inside.

• Advertisement

So I've gone through 7ml already :o

I don't get the artificial taste at all tbh!

To me, it tastes like a creamy, cakey lime flavour. Totally tastes like a lime cake, it's lovely! I'll definitely be ordering more of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

So I've gone through 7ml already :o

I don't get the artificial taste at all tbh!

To me, it tastes like a creamy, cakey lime flavour. Totally tastes like a lime cake, it's lovely! I'll definitely be ordering more of it.

I'm glad you like it. Like I said, I'm undecided at present. I'm currently vaping some chai tea alongside my adv of french pipe. I'll try the key lime pie again next.

There will be a bigger capacity Griffin RTA coming out in the next month or two. 6ml capacity and a larger diameter (25mm I think). Just for anyone thinking of getting a Griffin might want to hold out.

Has anyone seen the Smok R200 on any of the Irish vendors sites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So I've a 40w temp control that won't fire, something is lose somewhere inside or broken completely. Tank goes on, registers at .5, almost full battery, set to 20.5 press the button and the timer goes up but nothing happens. No vape whatsoever. Anyone have any suggestions without breaking it open? Already snapped a hex screwdriver in my attempts to get the screws loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

So I've a 40w temp control that won't fire, something is lose somewhere inside or broken completely. Tank goes on, registers at .5, almost full battery, set to 20.5 press the button and the timer goes up but nothing happens. No vape whatsoever. Anyone have any suggestions without breaking it open? Already snapped a hex screwdriver in my attempts to get the screws loose.

I'll ask anyway,is it still locked...

I'll ask anyway,is it still locked...

I'd say maybe the ohms aren't reading correct in TC?

20.5w to a 0.5 coil isn't a lot of power to fire it, what tank are you using and have you tried increasing the power to say 30w and see does that have any effect.

20.5w to a 0.5 coil isn't a lot of power to fire it, what tank are you using and have you tried increasing the power to say 30w and see does that have any effect.

Using a subtank, previously heads in it. Put a nautilus mini on it at 10w and nothing happened either. Both tanks fire when I have it on another mod. Not in temp mode either and afaik it's not locked, unless there's a way to lock it and still have it react when you press the button.

Check your display for a padlock symbol, if it's on the screen your resistance is locked .

• Advertisement

Check your display for a padlock symbol, if it's on the screen your resistance is locked .

No padlock on it. Dug around a bit through reviews and reddit and apparently Its an issue with some 40w isticks. Everything looks normal, nothing changes and suddenly nothing. Some guy took his apart and there seemed to be nothing loose or broken. Have to get something new now....... The missus is gonna think I did this on purpose!

Advertisement