Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

No padlock on it. Dug around a bit through reviews and reddit and apparently Its an issue with some 40w isticks. Everything looks normal, nothing changes and suddenly nothing. Some guy took his apart and there seemed to be nothing loose or broken. Have to get something new now....... The missus is gonna think I did this on purpose!

If your atty's are working on another device then maybe it is time to look for another mod and consign the 40w to the bin, I presume it's out of warranty. If you like the istick then the 60w tc and the new 100w are excellent performers and are both good value at Efag.ie

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ok the time has come to say goodbye to my trusty 50 watt I stsick.It started not firing a while back but I took it apart and got another 5 months out of it by building up the button with a piece of plastic weld--yep I couldnt just not try to fix it.
    So I need a recommendation.
    Looking for something with a built in battery,preferably 40-50watts and a decent battery capacity--I usually get 2 days from the Istick which is 4400mah--its great when Im not near a power point.

Is there anything out there even remotely similar with built in batteries??Im not closed to the issue of changing batteries-it just means I have to spend a lot more to get set up.

Is another Istick the way to go?

I just feel like a change and to be really honest Ive only gotten just over a year(6 months if you count from when it started acting up) from the istick..I would have thought theyd last longer than a year(6 months) and the only issue is that firing button--Its worn down on the inside-the bit that presses the switch.I could probably fix it again but if I buy a new mod Ill do that and use it as a spare.

So anyway--help me out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Ok the time has come to say goodbye to my trusty 50 watt I stsick.It started not firing a while back but I took it apart and got another 5 months out of it by building up the button with a piece of plastic weld--yep I couldnt just not try to fix it.
    Looking for something with a built in battery,preferably 40-50watts and a decent battery capacity--I usually get 2 days from the Istick which is 4400mah--its great when Im not near a power point.

Is there anything out there even remotely similar with built in batteries??Im not closed to the issue of changing batteries-it just means I have to spend a lot more to get set up.

I just feel like a change and to be really honest Ive only gotten just over a year(6 months if you count from when it started acting up) from the istick..I would have thought theyd last longer than a year(6 months) and the only issue is that firing button--Its worn down on the inside-the bit that presses the switch.I could probably fix it again but if I buy a new mod Ill do that and use it as a spare.

There aren't an awful lot of internal, high capacity battery mods about tbh.

If it were me, based on your specific requirements (4400+mah battery, internal battery, fires at 50w), I'd go with the Evic VT (not the mini, the mini takes external batteries).

It goes up to 60w, internal battery, 5000mah. A fair bit heavier than the 50w istick, but I prefer the build quality tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Also guys, anyone here use a Kooper mini 60w? It's a tc mod too.

Won one from a Facebook comp (yay) and would love some feedback if ye lot have used one? :) I've no interest in temp control so don't care if the TC is accurate or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

Won one from a Facebook comp (yay) and would love some feedback if ye lot have used one? :) I've no interest in temp control so don't care if the TC is accurate or not.

Battery life is shight and the buttons are a bit rattely but otherwise it's a nice little mod.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

There aren't an awful lot of internal, high capacity battery mods about tbh.

If it were me, based on your specific requirements (4400+mah battery, internal battery, fires at 50w), I'd go with the Evic VT (not the mini, the mini takes external batteries).

It goes up to 60w, internal battery, 5000mah. A fair bit heavier than the 50w istick, but I prefer the build quality tbh.

Expensive enough though @ 90.00 euros.Wattage isn't really an issue as I only vape below 20 watts..Battery life is more important as I said earlier Im not near a charging point/usb much.

For 90 eurosI could probably start to go down the road of a mod with external batteries and buy a charger and a couple of spares.

Decisions decisions!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

If your not in a rush you can head on East and get the Evic from China for around €45. Takes around 3 weeks to get here. Check out Fasttech or Gearbest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

MVP 3 worth a look too. Technically lower mah than the istick (3800) but mine lasts just as long as the istick. Not as portable though but really well built and hasn't skipped a beat for me.

8mm wrote: »
    If your not in a rush you can head on East and get the Evic from China for around €45. Takes around 3 weeks to get here. Check out Fasttech or Gearbest.

Thought both of those places weren't the best --Isnt one of them banned from boards??

Maybe next question?
    Are any of the mods with external batteries chargeable through usb??
    That's another option!

Thought both of those places weren't the best --Isnt one of them banned from boards??

Maybe next question?
    Are any of the mods with external batteries chargeable through usb??
    That's another option!

I've used both many times and had no issues at all - YMMV of course.

Almost all mods with changeable batteries have usb charging ports. I would recommend an external charger though, they don't cost that much and you can get several batteries and always have a battery ready to go and in effect there's never any downtime.

• Advertisement

I've used both many times and had no issues at all - YMMV of course.

Almost all mods with changeable batteries have usb charging ports. I would recommend an external charger though, they don't cost that much and you can get several batteries and always have a battery ready to go and in effect there's never any downtime.

Ok so forget about internal battery.
    What would you recommend then if I was to go changeable battery?
    Looking at the Kanger Topbox--seems decent enough but only powered by one battery.Might not give me the longevity Im looking for.

Time wise Im ok as long as the istick holds out but I have a 30 watt as a backup.

Ok so forget about internal battery.
    What would you recommend then if I was to go changeable battery?
    Looking at the Kanger Topbox--seems decent enough but only powered by one battery.Might not give me the longevity Im looking for.

Time wise Im ok as long as the istick holds out but I have a 30 watt as a backup.

No idea what the Kanger is like - it's probably decent enough.

Best buy single battery mod is probably the eVic Mini.

You could get some 3000mah batteries and they will last a fair bit using them at <20W. Keep a charged spare with you if needed.

Don't go cheap on batteries. Get a Samsung INR18650-30Q or a LG HG2 INR18650HG2 both these are 3000mah 20amp batteries.

Coolfire 4, good little mod 40w, Smok m80, 80w, great battery life, tc issues but if that isn't an issue then it's a cracker.
    External battery mods, Evic mini is hard to beat, best screen I've seen on a mod and is also upgradeable. I wouldn't recommend charging any external battery in a mod, 2 bay Nitecore is about 15 euro and well worth it.
    60w and 100w isticks are also worth mentioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I have the the body of a 50 istick if you want it, I only had mine a few weeks when I killed the chip by dropping it >.<
    everything else is perfect but I did remove the battery pack to mess around with it.
    It will be easy enough to switch the internals,if you want it pm me your address and I'll stick it in the post Monday.

I have the the body of a 50 istick if you want it, I only had mine a few weeks when I killed the chip by dropping it >.<
    everything else is perfect but I did remove the battery pack to mess around with it.
    It will be easy enough to switch the internals,if you want it pm me your address and I'll stick it in the post Monday.

Cheer mate--Ill pop you a pm later.
    Might get the switch I need from it.

Whats the Joyetch Cuboid like?

No bother,
    I didn't get a Cuboid, went with the rx200 instead but apparently it's very heavy and not very pocket friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Any chance I can grab that, need a firing button for one I have that got sticky from leaking high vg liquid

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Don't go cheap on batteries. Get a Samsung INR18650-30Q or a LG HG2 INR18650HG2 both these are 3000mah 20amp batteries.

Hi 8mm, are there any on-line shops you would recommend to purchase these batteries? I've searched thebestshop and ecirette but no joy!
    Thanks

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Any chance I can grab that, need a firing button for one I have that got sticky from leaking high vg liquid

Easy Fix JH--Just did mine again.
    The firing button wears in the middle.Build it up with pvc tape and its working again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

The cuboid is fantastic. Can't recommend it highly enough. It's my favourite out of the three mods I have.

• Advertisement

Plascebo wrote: »
    Hi 8mm, are there any on-line shops you would recommend to purchase these batteries? I've searched thebestshop and ecirette but no joy!
    Thanks

I use NKON here:

https://eu.nkon.nl/

Sometimes they are out of stock on those 2 types but I see they have the Samsung 30Q available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

All good with the Kooper,except for one annoyance,it goes to sleep after 5 mins & has to be woken up with one push of the fire button or hold the fire button for 2 seconds & it will fire up your atty eventually,I find that a quick press of the fire button is quicker,now I have that habit of double pressing the button all the time whether it's asleep or not :D:D:D

Just managed to pick up a Evic Vt kit on adverts for 40.00 euros..Not a bad price.Nice device aswell although bigger than the istick.
    The tank with it seems ok aswell--it`ll do as a backup.

Jousting with chairs--you can send that body on to JH if he still wants it--I managed to fix the button on the istick again-How long it will last is another thing but that will do as a back up now that I have the VT.

So thanks to all for the recommendations.

Just managed to pick up a Evic Vt kit on adverts for 40.00 euros..Not a bad price.Nice device aswell although bigger than the istick.
    The tank with it seems ok aswell--it`ll do as a backup.

Jousting with chairs--you can send that body on to JH if he still wants it--I managed to fix the button on the istick again-How long it will last is another thing but that will do as a back up now that I have the VT.

So thanks to all for the recommendations.[/QUO

Good deal on the kit, I wasn't gone on the tank but it's better if you get a clr coil that you can rebuild yourself, good solid device though.

JH, pm me your addy and I'll get that off in the morning.

Right heres the fix for non firing istick 50 watt.
    Theres 3 pics attached.

Pic 1 Is the switch itself.This however isn't the problem.The switch may be covered with ejuice so clean it and around it with a cotton bud and alcohol.

Pic 2 is the actual button itself.In the pic attached you can clearly see the circle of where the button hits the switch--bear in mind that this has already been repaired before and the tape is worn down again and its not firing.
    Before my first repair the actual button was worn down.I built up the button with 3 layers of pvc tape previously and now its worn again.
    So this time I put 2 layers of pvc tape and then glued a piece of an old credit card the same size over the tape and then a final layer of pvc tape--probably making it 1-2mm thick.
    Its firing 100% now.

Pic 3.See this little f**ing thing--leave it out.You will never get it back together wtrying to get this in place.All it is is a rubber protector for the voltage/wattage buttons.Makes absolutely no difference leaving it out--actually it makes the buttons more sensitive and improves the adjustment.Remember a while back mine got stuck on 50 watts--it was this thing that was the culprit.It had jammed up against the button and got it stuck on "up" adjustment.

By the way although this sounds complicated the whole fix takes less than 5 minutes.

Any way I hope this helps a few people fix their Istick 50 watt that's not firing.

Can anyone explain TC for me in a simple way.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

I use NKON here:

https://eu.nkon.nl/

Sometimes they are out of stock on those 2 types but I see they have the Samsung 30Q available.

Thanks again 8mm. Are these batteries suitable?

http://eu.nkon.nl/samsung-inr-18650-30q-3000mah.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Can anyone explain TC for me in a simple way.

When using a nickel [usually will have blue band on them] or Titanium [red band] coils, you want to put your mod into the relevant TC mode. Set the wattage, and temperature and lock the resistance of the coil. Then let the device worry about any fluctuations in heat and vape away. If your coil or device get too hot, it'll kick into TC proper and cut out until it cools down. Getting the temperature right from the off is key. i couldn't get a Ti coil to fire up at all, though my mod was a dud, turned it up 60 degrees and it started firing nicely [ended up at 520 Fahrenheit @50w I believe in the Ti mode]

You can use stainless steel coils in TC mode, but also in regular power mode. You can't use nickel or titanium coils in regular mode.

I have the Evic mini TC, and I've used TC mode maybe 4 times .... it never impressed me. If that's what you are using, or similar, stainless coils in power mode are great though. Much better vape than Ni or Ti IMO.

Plascebo wrote: »
    Thanks again 8mm. Are these batteries suitable?

http://eu.nkon.nl/samsung-inr-18650-30q-3000mah.html

Those are good, got a load of them myself.

BTW Samsung state 15A but in testing they were found to be good for 20 amp continuous and on par with the similar LG's.

• Advertisement

Advertisement