Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Is the directive 'in force' in the coming week? Is 'd day' approaching???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Can anyone explain TC for me in a simple way.

Meh.

Too simple?

I use a melo 2 and the std 0.3ohm head is amazing. I've tried both the tc heads and I have been completely underwhelmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Meh.

Too simple?

I use a melo 2 and the std 0.3ohm head is amazing. I've tried both the tc heads and I have been completely underwhelmed.

Had a similar experience myself. I think it relies too much on the mod reading the resistance correctly, which they often don't. Coils being in the 0.0X range doesn't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Same as that, tried building nickel coils and wasn't impressed either, very hard to beat the standard coils in the Melo 2, the Cleito and the Herakles Plus (very hard on juice though).
    At this stage I've parked TC till something amazing appears.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

jno547 wrote: »
    At this stage I've parked TC till something amazing appears.

Same here, I'm not impressed with nickel or SS and coils being temperamental.

• Advertisement

Anyone with a DNA200, does it make TC more reliable?

I saw a couple of vids where a guy built his own SS316L coils. He said the DNA200 chip was so good he didn't even have to lock the resistance!!!

That's the dream, its hard to know when its not working, if its the mod chip or the bloody coil.

When the nickel coils work well on my melo 2 there is no comparison. Keeping it working is a bloody chore though.

I have some SS316L in the post, so I'll see how I get on. Its hard to build a coil right without being able to pulse it til its glowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

8mm wrote: »
    Those are good, got a load of them myself.

BTW Samsung state 15A but in testing they were found to be good for 20 amp continuous and on par with the similar LG's.

Cheers for the advice/site recommendation 8mm.

I've ordered two of those batteries and a Nitecore UM10 charger. Wonder will they arrive before the evic vct mini I ordered from gearbest on 03rd March :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I've a Cuboid and TC is spot on with it no locked resistance on it either. Strum you coils gently with a flat head screwdriver takes out hot spots without the need to pulse it.

nuttyboy79 wrote:
    I've a Cuboid and TC is spot on with it no locked resistance on it either. Strum you coils gently with a flat head screwdriver takes out hot spots without the need to pulse it.

Yeah I've a cuboid too. Its the best I have for TC. I do seem to have to lock the resistance though for the coils ive used. The RX200 (although it might have the same chip according to some reviews) isn't as good in my experience of it.

I guess if the coils are well wrapped in the first place there is less messing to do like strumming or pinching. I've a coilmaster so they are normally fairly spot on anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

I try and get the SS coils lighting up right first , then I leave them sit for a while before I hook it up to the cuboid and lock it in .

• Advertisement

Recently got a koopor plus. Really nice build and looks great. One negative though is the battery cover is the whole of one side panel, so it can move about a bit, but not come off. If you orientate it so the battery cover isn't against your palm its fine though, just have it facing out.

Not tested the TC in it yet though.

Also got a Joyetech Ego AIO. It really is small, not tested it yet, I'll update when I do. Could be the perfect beginner kit according to many reviewers.

I could fit four of them in my pocket in place of what would normally be there!!!

I got it for around 15e on special offer, so was worth the punt. I'll charge it up tonight. Uses the cubis style coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Need a bit of advice regarding rechargeable batteries. I recently got a evic vtc, 2 Samsung INR18650-30Q and a nitecore um10 charger.

I love the evic (am using it with a nautilus at 11w) but I was expecting more battery life from the batteries. I usually get a minimum of 2 days out of my istick 30w with the same set up, but only about a day/day and half with the external batteries.
    Does it take a few charges before they reach their maximum potential. Or is my understanding wrong that the istick uses 2200 mah battery but the samsungs are 3000 mah so should last longer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Plascebo wrote: »
    Need a bit of advice regarding rechargeable batteries. I recently got a evic vtc, 2 Samsung INR18650-30Q and a nitecore um10 charger.

I love the evic (am using it with a nautilus at 11w) but I was expecting more battery life from the batteries. I usually get a minimum of 2 days out of my istick 30w with the same set up, but only about a day/day and half with the external batteries.
    Does it take a few charges before they reach their maximum potential. Or is my understanding wrong that the istick uses 2200 mah battery but the samsungs are 3000 mah so should last longer?

Different devices may use up the battery faster depending on the type of display used, processing electronics, time before shuting down the display, time to going to sleep etc. Also some devices will run a battery lower before shutting off and requiring a recharge. It may take a few recharge cycles to condition a new battery.

Got the istick Pico and Melo 3 mini today, friggin awesome, flavour from these Melo coils is fantastic and they seem to last ages. Pico is neat, plenty of power, 75w, and just works as a great combination.
    Well impressed with it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Anywhere selling the Pico solo I wonder? I wouldn't mind the tank, but ust bought a Cleito. My old IPVmini2 is a bit ragged now, could do with another wee back up.

Anywhere selling the Pico solo I wonder? I wouldn't mind the tank, but ust bought a Cleito. My old IPVmini2 is a bit ragged now, could do with another wee back up.

Have only seen the mod on it's own as a pre order on Fastech and Gearbest.

Cigreen are stocking the UD Balrog on it's own now,good little mod.

http://cigreen.com/en/box-mods/424-ud-youde-balrog-70w-box.html

Cigreen are stocking the UD Balrog on it's own now,good little mod.

http://cigreen.com/en/box-mods/424-ud-youde-balrog-70w-box.html

Looks alright that one, I think the Pico might be a little cooler though :D I'm in no hurry though, will watch out for express kits as they call them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

They are on pre-order here, no eta on them though but nearly as cheap as FT.

https://e-dym.pl/gb/promotions/2063--pre-order-75w-eleaf-istick-pico-tc-mod-kit-wo-.html

I grabbed one during the FT promotion and they were supposed to have stock tomorrow but the eta has been pushed out another 10 days.

https://e-dym.pl/gb/promotions/2063--pre-order-75w-eleaf-istick-pico-tc-mod-kit-wo-.html

I grabbed one during the FT promotion and they were supposed to have stock tomorrow but the eta has been pushed out another 10 days.

Oooh, I've bought concentrates on there, seem reliable enough. I might bite!

• Advertisement

Yeah, good price on them there, I'm also looking at the AIO kit but will grab a shot of concentrates to offset the postage :)

https://e-dym.pl/gb/promotions/2043-joyetech-ego-aio-quick-start-kit-1500mah.html

now to find the cash for them :P

Thats a great price for the full kit. Will keep an eye out as to when they're in stock.

The AIO is actually a steal on there ... also tempted

if only I'd seen that yesterday, ordered €50 worth of DIY stuff from another site, and half of it was filler.

Thats a great price for the full kit. Will keep an eye out as to when they're in stock.

I have a feeling that it's the mod only,

[PRE-ORDER] 75W ELEAF ISTICK PICO TC MOD KIT W/O

I think the W/O is without tank but they didn't finish the text :P

I'm also looking at this , another great price

https://e-dym.pl/gb/new-products/1789-geek-vape-digital-521-tab-coil-master.html

The AIO is actually a steal on there ... also tempted

if only I'd seen that yesterday, ordered €50 worth of DIY stuff from another site, and half of it was filler.

Always the case with me as well, buy something, then see it cheaper or find something better after the order has gone through.

I got the AIO off them. I put in a big order and it was on offer like now, although I think it was about a euro less.

I got the all black, its a little hard to make out the fill line.

Probably too early to give a definitive review but its excellent. I'll be using it in the car. I must make up some stronger nic liquid for it though. I've been using a 50/50 liquid. The juice holes are fairly small so that's why I went with that ratio. That's not to say higher VG wouldn't work as I haven't tried.

Cleaning is a slight issue though, the coil comes out with the top, so at least the fiddly bits can be removed, just a case of taking care to wash the tank and not soak the thing.

For the price you really can't go wrong. All black is nice but you'll need your glasses on to see the fill line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

jonski wrote: »

Very nice,interesing tank and rba included also. Did I miss that it's an 18650 or a built in battery ? Regardless I want it..........now please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Very nice,interesing tank and rba included also. Did I miss that it's an 18650 or a built in battery ? Regardless I want it..........now please :D
    it's built in, 2400mAh i believe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Those new "notch" coils are interesting.

One piece stainless steel cylinder with notched cutouts. They can produce the same vape but at a much lower wattage then the equivilent wire coil due to being very thin. They will heat up and cool down much faster too. Should be great for battery life.

Advertisement