Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Anyone know what FT are like for dealing with a ticket, my order from 2nd Feb hasn't arrived. It was sent out on the 18 Feb. Tracking kind of insinuated it was in IRL 3 weeks ago, and said to check local shipping (An Post), but nothing shows on their system.

I submitted a ticket 2 days ago on FT, but nothing yet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just got a pack of coils for the subtank mini.
    But theyre round not square.
    Tastes isnt as good as the old square ones.Can you still buy the square ones??

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Hellrazer wrote: »

Gearbest have 0.5, 1.2, 1.5 and Nickel coils in the EU Warehouse.
    Don't know how long delivery takes but can't imagine it'd take as long as shipping from China

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Hellrazer wrote: »

Efag sell the upgraded square ones. They're much better than the round ones. Price is alright too at 3.50.

http://www.efag.ie/kangertech-coil-heads/409-kanger-upgraded-occ-coil-heads-for-subtank.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Anyone using an IPV D3, would appreciate your thoughts on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

3.50 for one coil? Am I reading this right?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

parttime wrote: »
    3.50 for one coil? Am I reading this right?

Yeah that's the norm. What tank are you buying them for? If it has a rebuildable section you can make your own coils for a fraction of the price and its not difficult to learn with plenty of YouTube videos available to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Oh I bought a Subtank mini and tried a few different coil builds. Couldn't get it to work so went back to my Aerotanks. Airflow is all wrong, for me, on the Subtank. Mouth to lung is more my style, so 1.5 to 1.8 ohm with .25 kanthal. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

got the ephro bachelor today great flavour and so easy to build on so far no leaking :D

edit.......leaked half a tank over night sometimes i get sick of it all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

jambofc wrote: »
    got the ephro bachelor today great flavour and so easy to build on so far no leaking :D

edit.......leaked half a tank over night sometimes i get sick of it all

so re-wicked and tried again was fine for a couple hours then just spewed out half a tank of juice :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Tanks with that inner juice flow system often need to be closed up, and turned upsidedown after filling, then open while turning back right way up. It stops the coil flooding too fast. Might work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Placed an order with Vapefreaks yesterday at about 2.30pm. Was ordering 180ml of cheap juice for me, juice for the sister, and juice/coil for the other half.

So ordered at 2.30pm, delivered this morning. Pretty decent, given whenever I order from sites after 1pm, it takes 2 days.

Owner kindly included a 10ml squeezy bottle and some pipettes for the 100ml bottle I bought. good service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Does anyone have recommendations for vendors which sell 100% VG, no nocitene e liquids?

I'm trying to reduce the amount of toxins as much as possible, there was a study done by Oxford on the toxicity of e liquids, and VG based scored much lower than PG based eliquids. PEG Based e liquids are the cleanest of all, but they are very hard to come by these days.

So far I have found these UK based vendors, anyone order from then?

http://www.ichorliquid.co.uk/ - formerly TrueVape

They let you choose the ratio of PG/VG you would like.

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/e-liquids/100-vg-eliquid.html

No 10ml options.

http://purevape.co.uk/e-juices/small-bottles/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Doge wrote: »
    I'm trying to reduce the amount of toxins as much as possible, there was a study done by Oxford on the toxicity of e liquids, and VG based scored much lower than PG based eliquids. PEG Based e liquids are the cleanest of all, but they are very hard to come by these days.

It's important to note that VG and PG are not considered toxins and that old research has been called into question because of the devices and methods that where used.

These early e-cig devices were run at a higher power then was typical at the time and driven into what is called the "dry puff phenomenon" where the liquid and wicking material is way overheated to the point of burning. In a real user situation this would make a vape taste utterly awful and unbearable and you just wouldn't inhale something like that.

8mm wrote: »
    It's important to note that VG and PG are not considered toxins and that old research has been called into question because of the devices and methods that where used.

These early e-cig devices were run at a higher power then was typical at the time and driven into what is called the "dry puff phenomenon" where the liquid and wicking material is way overheated to the point of burning. In a real user situation this would make a vape taste utterly awful and unbearable and you just wouldn't inhale something like that.

Are you sure we're talking about the same study?

They tested it with a crystal 2 clearomizer using a 900mah ego 2 battery at different voltages from 3.2V upto 4.8v with only a 2.4ohm coil.

http://ntr.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2014/05/14/ntr.ntu078.full

It seems like a fairly low power test to me.

It also mentions a puff duration of only 1.8 seconds.

A 2.4 coil at 4.8v would burn, not heat.

Are you sure we're talking about the same study?

They tested it with a crystal 2 clearomizer using a 900mah ego 2 battery at different voltages from 3.2V upto 4.8v with only a 2.4ohm coil.

http://ntr.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2014/05/14/ntr.ntu078.full

It seems like a fairly low power test to me.

It also mentions a puff duration of only 1.8 seconds.

Yup that's the study alright - got a bit of notoriety at the time due to the usual media scare mongering.

These early devices were poor at wicking and required low power to stop them drying out. The point is that you just wouldn't use them at the power levels that create high levels of toxins.

For balence I should point out the heating any substance will produce some toxic elements. Formaldehyde, acetaldehyde and acrolein have been found in vapour but at around 200 times less then the equivalent in cigarettes. Most of the Formaldehyde we get comes from the food we eat and the environment we live in. Smokers generally increased their Formaldehyde levels 25% over non-smokers, vapers are probably at the 1% increase level.

Awesome. I might reduce my anxiety about the effects and go down to a 90% VG blend like the Eco cloud juices.

They're sold here in Cork and a friend of mine recommended them.

Aspire Cleito RBA seems to be being sent out to reviewers.

The Vapor Trail Channel on YouTube has a review up.

Its a 2 coil RBA, can take 3mm Clapton coils. He had it for three weeks and gives a big thumbs up. Wicking looks easy.

They will be also releasing new glass for it in a 'wideboy' style, it basically bulges out in the middle, giving approx 5ml capacity.

There are also some SS316L stock coils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

moleyv wrote: »

Its a 2 coil RBA, can take 3mm Clapton coils. He had it for three weeks and gives a big thumbs up. Wicking looks easy.

They will be also releasing new glass for it in a 'wideboy' style, it basically bulges out in the middle, giving approx 5ml capacity.

I haven't even opened my Cleito yet as I was waiting on the promised RBA .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

Eco cloud juices.

They're sold here in Cork and a friend of mine recommended them.

They're not bad alright; certainly very good for the price - €30 for 100ml. They're not as tasty as some of the €23 for 30ml juices, but they certainly aren't bad. I would guess that they saved the money on R&D and creating flavours, rather than using sub-par ingredients. So I hope anyway...

moleyv wrote: »

Watched the vid on this, looks better than I expected, will definitely be grabbing that RBA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Oh Yes,I need Two...

In one week it will be three months since I made an order on FT. It hasn't arrived.

After three weeks of back and forth they have agreed to investigate it as missing. They need 60 days to do this :v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

It's all handbags in here the last few days. Must be the warm weather.

A belt of a handbag can hurt!

EGriff wrote: »
    It's all handbags in here the last few days. Must be the warm weather.

I blame all ye feckin nicotene smokers! :pac:

Must have went to long without a hit! :P

I wouldn't call anything on here dramatic ... jaysis, it's about as tame as forums get. A bit of drama would make things interesting now and then :D

I blame all ye feckin nicotene vapers! :pac:

Must have went to long without a hit! :P

Fyp ;)

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a popcorn flavoured juice?

Advertisement