Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yeah the cielito is a terrible MTL tank, way too airy. AIO is good, presume the cubis is a similar vape. They are a similar price though and the AIO is a complete device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

jno547 wrote: »
    Good to see you back again,thought you'd been a bit quiet lately,Cleito isn't really a MTL tank,better suited to a direct style vape with it's big afc. Cubis is one that has been mentioned here a lot,haven't used it myself but there are a few here using it so they will probably add to this.
    I have the Minikin and it's top class,battery life is fantastic with the chip that's being used in it,build quality is excellent,controls and screen also excellent,bit pricey but worth it for a quality bit of kit.
    No need to recommend a juice although Teleos The Milk 2 is good,bit sweeter than the original but still very vapable(Is that even a word):D

Cheers for that. The chip in the Minikin certainly sounds like its a step ahead battery wise.

When I say mouth to lung i more mean something a little less heavy than the Uwell Crown. I reckon the Cubis is similar to the Ego One Mega tank which I just found in work! So that might do me initially.

Gona grab a small bottle of nicotine as well. I still have a stupid amount of concentrates at home. Good to see the DIY part of forum has blossomed!

I'll defo pick up a bottle of the The Milk 2. I never quite got the clone of the original to where I wanted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

What is everyone using for wicking?

I just use any Japanese organic cotton that's on whatever site I'm ordering from.

Does anyone use fibre freaks or that bacon stuff? Any benefits to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I mostly just use Koh-Gen-Do stuff, because they sell it in my local, but I have other random Jap cotton too. Also tried Bacon cotton, it's nice stuff, it's supposed to be dry-burn-proof or something, can't say I've actually ever had a dry burn using it in fact. You just know when it's dry, you can taste cotton. I never noticed any difference in actual flavour though between any of them. It's more the quality 'feel'/strength of the cotton fibres. Some rolls nicer than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

How often do people rewick on here?

Especially people with higher vg juices?

It obviously depends on how much you vape per day also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Koh-Gen-Do cotton for me too!

I get 80 sheets from Japan via eBay for 10 quid. Best easy deal I've found. Great cotton too and no need for overpriced branded vaper stuff.

I change wicks often enough specially with drippers though it does depend on the juice as some are a bit more "gunky".

Also it's easy to over/under do the amount of cotton or place it slightly wrong and all this has a huge effect on flavour. If I'm not getting the flavour I want I don't blame the tank it's the build - well the builder!

Yeah I'm using the koh gen do. I find it quite good, there is no break in time for the flavour. I'll just stick to that so.

I would rewick when flavour starts getting weak. Probably every 3 days in a high power tank. Maybe a week in a low power one. Hugely depends on the liquid too.

RDAs are easy to change and clean so every 1-2 days.

Coils last better too if you aren't leaving them in gunked up wicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I use so many mods & tanks during the day,my stock coils & self wicking is changed every 6 months to a year,I have an ego one Ti coil to change today as the flavour has just diminished over the last couple of days,been using that coil since last year.
    I do need another charger for the 18650's,I have been using the Nitecore i4 for the past 2/3 years,yesterday,I had 11 x 18650 queuing up for the charger.
    I need a new charger,thinking of the Nitecore D4,any recco's for a decent charger that does all batteries including AA & AAA.
    Most of my mods have a silicone sleeve because of the arthritis & I always charge them with the micro usb & never had a problem with charging.

Been thinking of the Youde UD EZ Tank,no tools needed & could be good for arthritic hands...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzzyT2D85kY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Guys,

I'm thinking of getting this:

http://www.efun.top/eleaf-istick-pico-kit.html

or this:

http://www.efun.top/joyetech-evic-vtc-mini-vw-full-kit.html

for the wife. Would anyone have any views which one might be better than the other.

On both though I can't tell if the battery (or batteries) come with them. Would be grateful if anyone could advise on that too.

Or is there any other recommendation from this site/page: http://www.efun.top/starter-kit/starter-kit.html?p=1

I have to buy from this site because where I am customs keep confiscating my gear. I have been told that these sellers seem to be able to get stuff through (I'm in Abu Dhabi).

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

iba wrote: »
    Guys,

or this:

for the wife. Would anyone have any views which one might be better than the other.

On both though I can't tell if the battery (or batteries) come with them. Would be grateful if anyone could advise on that too.

Or is there any other recommendation from this site/page: http://www.efun.top/starter-kit/starter-kit.html?p=1

I have to buy from this site because where I am customs keep confiscating my gear. I have been told that these sellers seem to be able to get stuff through (I'm in Abu Dhabi).

Thanks

Both are excellent,the Melo tank with the Pico is better than the Ego with the Evic,batteries are probably not included unless there's a deal available. You should also get if you haven't already got an external battery charger for your batteries,something like a Nitecore I2 is excellent.

EDIT: I should also say that the Ego One tank would be more suitable for a mouth to lung type vape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 ohmplate

I have the Minikin and it's top class,battery life is fantastic with the chip that's being used in it,build quality is excellent,controls and screen also excellent,bit pricey but worth it for a quality bit of kit.

I ordered the minikin from greyhaze.co.uk for €74.39 delivered using Parcel Motel in their sale at the moment. Not a bad price at all.

ohmplate wrote:
    Igreyhaze.co.uk for €74.39 delivered using Parcel Motel in their sale at the moment. Not a bad price at all.

Very limited colours in stock or at that price though. I saw it a few days ago, unless it changed.

ohmplate wrote: »
    I ordered the minikin from greyhaze.co.uk for €74.39 delivered using Parcel Motel in their sale at the moment. Not a bad price at all.

I think ESI have it for €90 minus the discount,€81,great mod though. :)

moleyv wrote: »
    Very limited colours in stock or at that price though. I saw it a few days ago, unless it changed.

The black version has a rubberised finish to it making it a bit more versatile for out and about,white and some of the others have a gloss finish,looks great but I'd be a bit wary of scratches.

As a kit, I'd have to say the Pico + Melo III, but I really like the Evic mini TC as a mod. I prefer the controls on it to the Pico, and the magnetic battery door. Both are great little devices though, and I use both regular. The Ego one tank is ... ok ... the coils aren't great, and you're likely to get the odd dry hit with thicker juices. Whereas the Melo III can handle 80VG no problem.

jno547 wrote:
    The black version has a rubberised finish to it making it a bit more versatile for out and about,white and some of the others have a gloss finish,looks great but I'd be a bit wary of scratches.

Just out of curiosity, does yours have the big gap towards the end between the side panel and bottom and top. Intentional or not, I think it looks wrong for the price of the thing.

I cancelled my preorder on the Smok H Priv. The fire 'trigger' is far too loud from the reviews I've seen. Pity because I think looks wise, they got it spot on.

The new Sigeli 213w looks quite nice.

moleyv wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, does yours have the big gap towards the end between the side panel and bottom and top. Intentional or not, I think it looks wrong for the price of the thing.

There is a slight gap but you really have to look for it, I've seen a couple of reviews where it was very noticeable but I can't say it's that bad on mine.

I saw a review where the Sigelei 213 has a gap up top, under the 510 too. Between the top plate and body. How they can pass mods like that through QC I don't know. Not a cheap mod that either.

Guys,

or this:

Thanks

Both are excellent,the Melo tank with the Pico is better than the Ego with the Evic,batteries are probably not included unless there's a deal available. You should also get if you haven't already got an external battery charger for your batteries,something like a Nitecore I2 is excellent.

EDIT: I should also say that the Ego One tank would be more suitable for a mouth to lung type vape.
    Thanks for your reply.

The tank on the Pico is the Melo one, or do you mean I should get a different tank?

I have this charger http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Technology-BC-700-Battery-Charger/dp/B000RSOV50

will that work?

Also does that mean that you can't just charge the device via usb/micro usb?

And sorry which batteries should I get. I know 18650 but any particular make in particular - will be getting them from Aliexpress or Fasttech I expect?

Thanks

As a kit, I'd have to say the Pico + Melo III, but I really like the Evic mini TC as a mod. I prefer the controls on it to the Pico, and the magnetic battery door. Both are great little devices though, and I use both regular. The Ego one tank is ... ok ... the coils aren't great, and you're likely to get the odd dry hit with thicker juices. Whereas the Melo III can handle 80VG no problem.
    Thanks for your advice and input.

• Advertisement

jno547 wrote:
    There is a slight gap but you really have to look for it, I've seen a couple of reviews where it was very noticeable but I can't say it's that bad on mine.

Thanks for that. What wattage do you use it at. Just curious if the battery savings are the same at 70-90w.

The sigelei is around 85 pounds. Little expensive.

I saw a review where the Sigelei 213 has a gap up top, under the 510 too. Between the top plate and body. How they can pass mods like that through QC I don't know. Not a cheap mod that either.

Christ, the review I saw had a finger print mark between the carbon fibre layer and whatever clear coat was over it. For the price these things shouldn't happen.

With the minikin, at least there is meant to be a gap, whether it looks bad is different. Wouldn't be so obvious on the black, but I was considering the white :(

moleyv wrote:
    Thanks for that. What wattage do you use it at. Just curious if the battery savings are the same at 70-90w.

I get 2 good days constant use at 65W using LGHE4's,.

Thanks for your reply.

The tank on the Pico is the Melo one, or do you mean I should get a different tank?

I have this charger http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Technology-BC-700-Battery-Charger/dp/B000RSOV50

will that work?

And sorry which batteries should I get. I know 18650 but any particular make in particular - will be getting them from Aliexpress or Fasttech I expect?

Thanks

You'll be wanting a charger like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nitecore-D2-DigiCharger-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B00KSJ4ARC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1463748073&sr=8-6&keywords=nitecore

The Melo III mini is the tank with the Pico, it's pretty good, only holds 2ml of juice. But I find that plenty, as I like to change juices often. It's top fill too, which makes it better than the Ego tank anyway. Filling it takes a few seconds. It's a tidy little kit. You can charge mods via usb, it's not generally recommended, but you can do it. It'll take twice as long though. And 18650 batteries are hat you're after, look for LG, Sony or Samsung
    moleyv wrote: »
    Christ, the review I saw had a finger print mark between the carbon fibre layer and whatever clear coat was over it. For the price these things shouldn't happen.

With the minikin, at least there is meant to be a gap, whether it looks bad is different. Wouldn't be so obvious on the black, but I was considering the white :(

I saw that one too! I think it was RIP Trippers shows the gap in his review

iba wrote:

iba wrote:
    I have this charger

iba wrote:

iba wrote:

The Pico and Melo tank kit is a good buy, Samsung 25r's 18650 batteries are excellent and hold a good charge, get one as a backup also. I'm not sure if that charger would be suitable, Nitecore or Efest would be the most popular types for batteries used in vaping .
    You can charge via usb BUT it's not recommended for a couple of reasons, safety, an external charger has a shut off which will prevent overheating, your batteries will get a better charge from a dedicated charger and should a battery vent in your mod while charging then you've lost your mod as well as your battery.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Been looking at the batteries now. I note that these 18650 have different mAh like 2000, 2100, 2500, 2600, 3400. Is it the higher the mAh the better? Or which one should I be looking at/buying? Thanks and sorry about all the questions (never had to buy batteries before, always been built-in).

Or are these the right ones: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002357/2706700-authentic-samsung-inr18650-25r-3-6v-2500mah

The higher the mAh the longer they should last, in theory. I'd be more wary of their amp limits. I bought some before that were stated as being 20A, turns out they're only 10A for example. Not so bad for my style of vaping [always regulated mods, never go beyond 50w really, don't use mechs] - but someone using mechanical mods and crazy low ohm builds could find themselves in trouble with the wrong batts.

Those ones look fine, if they're authentic, that's the other issue. There's a lot of clones or re-wrapped batteries about [cheap, low amp batts re-wrapped to look like higher quality higher amp limit batts] - I think you're safe with Samsung, Sony and LG though. I bought an LG HG2 today, the brown one. they're supposed to be decent. Like this one here:

https://www.fasttech.com/product/2727501-authentic-lg-18650hg2-3-6v-3000mah-rechargeable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I'm looking to quit the smokes and I've been browsing a few websites today.

I came across this as it would be ideal.

https://www.e-cigarette.ie/product/vapacco-t2-starter-pack/

What does everyone think? Do you know if it comes with two e-cigs or just one? If this isn't good, what would you recommend then instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I'm looking to quit the smokes and I've been browsing a few websites today.

I came across this as it would be ideal.

https://www.e-cigarette.ie/product/vapacco-t2-starter-pack/

What does everyone think? Do you know if it comes with two e-cigs or just one? If this isn't good, what would you recommend then instead?

Do not but that thing, especially at that price. I had a similar kit about 4 years ago and I didn't pay that much. Vaping has come a long way since.

I would recommend an AIO, about half the price and a much better vape. Also has micro USB charging so you won't be messing around with the rubbish charger that comes with the kit you posted.

http://e-smokeireland.com/product/joyetech-aio/
    Might be cheaper elsewhere but not by much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

EGriff wrote: »
    Do not but that thing, especially at that price. I had a similar kit about 4 years ago and I didn't pay that much. Vaping has come a long way since.

I would recommend an AIO, about half the price and a much better vape. Also has micro USB charging so you won't be messing around with the rubbish charger that comes with the kit you posted.

http://e-smokeireland.com/product/joyetech-aio/
    Might be cheaper elsewhere but not by much.

Great advice from Egriff. That kit is terrible and overpriced. Get yourself the AIO, it's much cheaper and infinitely superior.

Advertisement