Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I'm looking to quit the smokes and I've been browsing a few websites today.

I came across this as it would be ideal.

https://www.e-cigarette.ie/product/vapacco-t2-starter-pack/

What does everyone think? Do you know if it comes with two e-cigs or just one? If this isn't good, what would you recommend then instead?

I totally agree with Egriff,that starter pack is crap,The AIO is your best bet to start with & later on you can up your game with advanced vaping.
    Just keep asking questions here,there's always somebody that will have the answers.
    Check out a Youtube video about the AIO...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Ok, what is it I should be looking for when it comes to e-cigs? I already have one, a VIP e-cigerette stick. Was E20 to buy but it's too expensive to use it as it uses cartridges. 5 for E15 and I'd go through that within a week so I'm looking to get something with liquids in them that I can just top it up when it runs out. I know people who have e-cigs that cost them about E40-50 to buy and liquids are 3.50 and that could last them a week (considering they used to smoke around 8-9 boxes a week).

Is AIO like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Ok, what is it I should be looking for when it comes to e-cigs? I already have one, a VIP e-cigerette stick. Was E20 to buy but it's too expensive to use it as it uses cartridges. 5 for E15 and I'd go through that within a week so I'm looking to get something with liquids in them that I can just top it up when it runs out. I know people who have e-cigs that cost them about E40-50 to buy and liquids are 3.50 and that could last them a week (considering they used to smoke around 8-9 boxes a week).

Is AIO like that?

Yeah you just screw the top off and pour the juice in, couldn't be simpler. Check out some YouTube reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

That Kayfun V5 looks sweet. 120e + 13e delivery. Anyone considering it? A bit too rich for me!

I've never had a kayfun, not even a clone.

Anyone recommend a good clone of the mini V3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Never bothered with Kayfuns, too rich for me, and the older ones looked fiddly as hell to work with. I don't MTL any more, so wouldn't suit me anyway. For that money you could buy loads of nice vape gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

moleyv wrote: »
    That Kayfun V5 looks sweet. 120e + 13e delivery. Anyone considering it? A bit too rich for me!

I've never had a kayfun, not even a clone.

Anyone recommend a good clone of the mini V3?

I got this one for the mrs and it's very good, very well machined and logo free.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/4284500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Ive been trying a high PG juice for the first time today.

Is it just me or do you burn through it twice or even 3 times as fast as high vg juices?

I also noticed that a dry hit is far more severe from it!

With high vg juices it can actually be hard to tell when a dry hit is creeping up on you.

I have to say that altough the high PG juice is hotter, I prefer the thicker vapour from the high VG juices.

If the above is true then high VG juices must be far more economical.

Most vapers are on high VG these days. because of sub ohm coils, you don't need the juice to be thin to wick well now. In the past, the coils were crappier, they couldn't handle wicking thick high VG juice so well, so higher PG was popular. I see it's mostly newer vapers use high PG juice, because when you start out, you're looking for cheap over quality. I couldn't handle anything above 30 PG now, the vape for me is never as nice, it's harsher and I get a bit of a headache if I chain vape - which I do tend to now and then. Higher VG = sweeter flavour, thicker, cloudier vapour. PG = stronger throat hit and flavour, but can get harsh, thinner vapour. My preferred ratio is 80VG 20PG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

I've been struggling to love this tank, the Theorem, for a couple of reasons,

1. Notch coil didn't perform as I thought it would,flavour was poor and the coil seemed to burn out very quickly.

2.Couldn't get an air flow that I was happy with either with single or dual adapter.

3.Wouldn't perform at high watts as I'd expected it should.

After trying different coil configurations with no success I gave up till I discovered this review.

A clone of my situation,so I tried it as he suggested and bingo,1.1ohm coil,18 watts,single afc and the flavour is perfect.
    It's not a cloud machine which it was never designed to be,but it is a perfect tank
    for producing a flavour that matches the Avocado.
    I'd agree with his view of the notch coil,muck
    If anyone is having the same issues as me then try this,you'll be pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: 3mm dia,8 wraps,26AWG Kanthal.

jno547 wrote:
    I've been struggling to love this tank as I thought I would for a couple of reasons,

Yeah I thought the notch coil was rubbish. I tried a new liquid, so wasn't sure if it was that, but tried it in another tank and confirmed my thoughts on the notch coil.

Haven't built anything yet due to the initial disappointment. I'll give that a go. Maybe with SS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

jno547 wrote: »
    3mm dia,8 wraps,26AWG Kanthal.

Putting that on my gravestone :D

Yeah that's a great sweet spot for a lot of builds for flavour.

Dual it up for more dense vapour at 30-35 watts for the same power per coil and the same flavour hit.

I have 24 and 28 gauge... Grrr!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Vape Island ran a competition on Facebook for 2 tickets to cloud sessions, a full line of their new max VG juice and a full line of Witchcraft.

Some guy won, and can't go to cloud sessions, so they re-drew for the two tickets, and I won.

They got me to ring them, and very kindly told me that to make it more worth my while, they're giving me the tickets AND their full line of max VG juice :eek:

Very kind of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Just a quick "heads up" for any vapers in the Dalkey area.

The Red Shop (Dalkey news I think it's correct name is) now sells subtank coils, ISticks and a range of Suicide Bunny, Jimmy the Juiceman (which I've never tried, so any reviews would be welcome) as well as the usual Hangsen varieties.

Suicide Bunny is €20 a bottle, so it seems prices are pretty realistic.

i did a 3mm 8wrap on 28 kanthal in the theorem. used the single airflow and set it up tight for MTL. great flavour, came in around 1.7 ohms. Might try less wraps. But happy to use the theorem a bit more now. Must get some 26 Kanthal, i've tonnes of more 'complicated' wire. None of the basics :)

moleyv wrote:
    i did a 3mm 8wrap on 28 kanthal in the theorem. used the single airflow and set it up tight for MTL. great flavour, came in around 1.7 ohms. Might try less wraps. But happy to use the theorem a bit more now. Must get some 26 Kanthal, i've tonnes of more 'complicated' wire. None of the basics

I made the mistake off assuming this was a sub ohm tank that would spew clouds and flavour at high watts and there were a couple of things about it that I should have copped onto sooner, the size of the drip tip, the notch coil only rated to 55w and the relatively small and awkward afc. Never occurred to me to build it like a Kayfun, so accustomed to low resistance high watts vaping that I almost missed out on what a good tank it actually is. I suppose watching a review or 2 might have helped also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I don't think I could go back to the old genny style tanks,too many nightmares:D:D:D:D
    As the ole saying says...never say never:D:D

Here is another genny Limitless / IJoyRDTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGPBipddESM

Suicide Bunny is €20 a bottle, so it seems prices are pretty realistic.

€20 per 30ml? that's high end tbh. Nowadays when you can get 120ml bottles for not much more.

I don't think I could go back to the old genny style tanks,too many nightmares:D:D:D:D

I don't get the advantage of this style over a standard RTA? they look fiddlier to work with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I'm liking the look of the new Fodi F2,
    I have gone the lazy vaping route and prefer a single clapton or SS coil @ 30 - 40w so this would suit me.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10016337/4801500-authentic-hcigar-fodi-f2-rdta-rebuildable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMez0qDtV0o&feature=youtu.be

I don't get the advantage of this style over a standard RTA? they look fiddlier to work with

The coil on this type of tank is closer to your mouth as it sits on top of the juice well making the flavour more intense,their biggest drawback is leaks so they are really a house tank and not designed for out and about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

i just discovered coil building tools like the Kuro Concepts last night and here I am slaving away with pliers and screwdrivers!

Anyone using them?

Should have added one to that order from 3FVape.

They have 3 set sizes, and a universal one which accepts different sized shafts.

Doge wrote: »
    i just discovered coil building tools like the Kuro Concepts last night and here I am slaving away with pliers and screwdrivers!

Anyone using them?

They have 3 set sizes, and a universal one which accepts different sized shafts.

They are handy for wrapping tight coils for a small or fiddly deck,personally I prefer a spaced coil so I use this

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/accessories/549-micro-coil-jig.html

Doge wrote: »

Anyone using them?

I saw that set in iVape other day, was tempted. I don't mind using a screwdriver, I've gotten handy enough at it, but they're not always perfect and takes a lot of fiddling to get them right

Doge wrote:
    Anyone using them?

Yep. I use a coilmaster set. They are handy for spaced coils too. Just wrap by hand around it. Pull out the end that was set in. Put back on the jig and use the 'twister' thing to compact it in.

Using the Cleito rba today,very impressed,every bit as good as the stock 0.4,I'm going to put that down to my expert wicking :D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Using the Cleito rba today,very impressed,every bit as good as the stock 0.4,I'm going to put that down to my expert wicking :D:D

What percentage VG have you got in the tank? Is there any leaking issues? Thanks

What percentage VG have you got in the tank? Is there any leaking issues? Thanks

I put a 50/50 in it first looking for a leak,nothing,perfect performance,have an 80VG in it at the moment and it wicks perfect,great flavour.
    I used the 0.4 stock coil at 55W and I'm finding this rba is perfect for me at 60W.

I put a 50/50 in it first looking for a leak,nothing,perfect performance,have an 80VG in it at the moment and it wicks perfect,great flavour.
    I used the 0.4 stock coil at 55W and I'm finding this rba is perfect for me at 60W.

What were your pre installed coils reading? Mine are 0.45, liking it at 50w ish. Using the rba a few days now non stop and not had one leak. Love it :)

What were your pre installed coils reading? Mine are 0.45, liking it at 50w ish. Using the rba a few days now non stop and not had one leak. Love it :)

Reading 0.41,well impressed with it,have a 'fatboy' on it also so hopefully will be getting better mpg :D

• Advertisement

Anyone use 3fvape? Are they Asian?

Better than FT and GB? How's delivery?

Advertisement