Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

€20 per 30ml? that's high end tbh. Nowadays when you can get 120ml bottles for not much more.

It's the going price for suicide bunny, that was my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It's the going price for suicide bunny, that was my point.

I know, one of my old ADV was claim your throne, I was paying €19 per 30ml, one of the reasons I started thinking about DIY :D
    Doge wrote: »
    i just discovered coil building tools like the Kuro Concepts last night and here I am slaving away with pliers and screwdrivers!

Anyone using them?

Should have added one to that order from 3FVape.

They have 3 set sizes, and a universal one which accepts different sized shafts.

Just picked this up today, the kit with the 6 different sizes. And it's made me realise I'm a giant noob :D

newest-master-coil-jig-6-in-1-kuro-concepts.jpg

All this time I've been moaning about the Bellus being a bitch to build, I'd been wrapping around a 3mm screwdriver that I thought/assumed was 2.5m ... so at least now I know that I can indeed get 3mm coils on there with a little fiddling. And 2.5 should be no bothers. D'oh! That's what happens when you don't measure things.

The kit is alright, I find it a little fiddly to use it, or did at first. I was pushing too hard on the cap when doing wraps and they'd get squished. I realised then you only need to push lightly against it while wrapping. Will take a little getting used to. But I now have all the various sizes I need from 1mm to 3.5mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

moleyv wrote: »
    Anyone use 3fvape? Are they Asian?

Better than FT and GB? How's delivery?

I placed an order on the 14th and the order status still says: Payment accepted.

I chose Amsterdam post for $1.50 extra.

Going to email soon and ask about my order.

Some of the more expensive items claim shipping within 24 hours, there a category dedicated to them.

Would be interesting to hear from other people that ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

moleyv wrote: »
    Anyone use 3fvape? Are they Asian?

Better than FT and GB? How's delivery?

Just received a package from them this morning that I ordered on the 7th of this month, so pretty fast.
    They can be a bit expensive on some items but in fairness sometimes they're cheaper.
    I'd prefer them to FT, Focal and GB for the shipping alone even if I'm paying a few bob extra.
    I know, one of my old ADV was claim your throne, I was paying €19 per 30ml, one of the reasons I started thinking about DIY :D

It's crazy how much money we all burned on expensive juice, happier times now though I refuse anything over €16 per 100ml, still dear compared to when I mixed myself though but much better value than before.

11214 wrote: »
    Just received a package from them this morning that I ordered on the 7th of this month, so pretty fast.
    They can be a bit expensive on some items but in fairness sometimes they're cheaper.
    I'd prefer them to FT, Focal and GB for the shipping alone even if I'm paying a few bob extra.

Did the status change to shipped for you by any chance?

Also was it just 24 hour items you ordered and did you chose registered amsterdam post?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Yup, I can make a flavour packed 100ml of juice tailored to my personal taste, for about €6. Sure, you have to do a little mixing [I enjoy it] and you have to let some mixes steep a few weeks. But once you get going, you'll always have some juice ready to vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Just picked this up today, the kit with the 6 different sizes. And it's made me realise I'm a giant noob :D

All this time I've been moaning about the Bellus being a bitch to build, I'd been wrapping around a 3mm screwdriver that I thought/assumed was 2.5m ... so at least now I know that I can indeed get 3mm coils on there with a little fiddling. And 2.5 should be no bothers. D'oh! That's what happens when you don't measure things.

The kit is alright, I find it a little fiddly to use it, or did at first. I was pushing too hard on the cap when doing wraps and they'd get squished. I realised then you only need to push lightly against it while wrapping. Will take a little getting used to. But I now have all the various sizes I need from 1mm to 3.5mm

Where did you get that out of interest?

Doge wrote: »
    Did the status change to shipped for you by any chance?

Also was it just 24 hour items you ordered and did you chose registered amsterdam post?

Thanks!

I only started using them when they opened the 24hrs ship section, everything I ordered changed status the day after.
    I use NL Post as I find that passes by the customs with no issues.

What did you order? Don't they say 3-7 business days to dispatch something not in the 24hrs ship section.
    The have a rep on AAEC who helps with orders and posts ongoing deals.

Where did you get that out of interest?

Got it in iVape, I'm only down road from it. You can order online of course,but don't actually see that kit on the site. There is this one:

https://irishvape.com/product/kuro-coil-jig/

11214 wrote: »
    I only started using them when they opened the 24hrs ship section, everything I ordered changed status the day after.
    I use NL Post as I find that passes by the customs with no issues.

What did you order? Don't they say 3-7 business days to dispatch something not in the 24hrs ship section.
    The have a rep on AAEC who helps with orders and posts ongoing deals.

Thanks for the info.

I ordered an RDA, ohm meter and cutting tool so maybe those together wil take a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Nice kit indeed ,handy for someone who is just starting RBA.
    Otherwise waste of time and money IMO
    Surely you could wind coil quicker regular way?
    Simple Coil Jig might do job better , all sizes there too
    https://m.fasttech.com/products/3034/10010836/1986902-vaping-coil-winding-jig-tool-for-rebuildable

alec76 wrote: »
    https://m.fasttech.com/products/3034/10010836/1986902-vaping-coil-winding-jig-tool-for-rebuildable

Aye, and wait 5 weeks for it ...

I am new to building :D I can wrap a half decent coil, but I just wanted to try make some prettier ones, I don't really do spaced.

Here's the first ones I did using that kit:

D1HUkEg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

I am new to building I can wrap a half decent coil, but I just wanted to try make some prettier ones, I don't really do spaced.

Very tidy indeed:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Aye, and wait 5 weeks for it ...

I am new to building :D I can wrap a half decent coil, but I just wanted to try make some prettier ones, I don't really do spaced.

Here's the first ones I did using that kit:

D1HUkEg.jpg
    Never mind the coil, nice camera:D

Still, I never would have gotten ss wire that tidy with that. As I don't like to pulse them much before wicking and juicing. I would have saved what? a couple of euro, when you consider postage from ESI .... no big deal :D
    Never mind the coil, nice camera:D

Dusted off my macro lens, been idle a while. See, vaping is getting me back to my photography! Another good side effect! :D

That's a damm fine first coil, I can't remember but I'd be pretty sure my first one wasn't half as good.
    That SS wire is easy as pie to deal with as well.

I totally disagree, its 10 times faster and easier than the regular way.
    The regular way requires the use of pliers, making sure you keep the right amount of tension the whole time and even then youll need squeeze the coil together a few times as it will be springy.

Its just too fiddly imo.

With these babies you just feed the wire and twist with the cap, and boom, perfect coil each time.

Its not like they break the bank either.

Look how quickly you can make a parallel coil with them, and hes taking his time in the video probably looking through the cameras view finder:

Yeah it does a tidy job once you get the hang of it [mostly how much pressure 'not' to put on when wrapping]

It was the price of a battery, and I'll have it longer. I do get amused by people looking for money saving options just for the sake of it, then they'll blow €50 on a tank where a €20 will do same job :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Anyone know when the TBD really kicks in? Thought it would be in effect now?

Is it the case that vendors can sell their current stock but can get in >10ml anymore or whats the craic?

J Mysterio wrote: »

Is it the case that vendors can sell their current stock but can get in >10ml anymore or whats the craic?

It has kicked in, but it'll get worse with time. Atm it' pretty much just a ban on advertising. Vendors have until November to fully prepare and comply, then until May next year to get rid of all stock that doesn't comply. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

J Mysterio wrote: »

The vendors have a certain amount of time to get rid of their existing stock, I can't remember the time frame but it's 3 or 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Guys,

I'm looking for heads for the Melo III and I'm a bit confused. Which one is the one I should get from teh links below or is there another one I should get. Thanks

https://m.fasttech.com/products/3007/10015458/2892300-authentic-eleaf-ijust-2-ec-dual-coil-sub-ohm#specs

https://m.fasttech.com/products/3007/10015458/2300000-authentic-eleaf-melo-replacement-ec-coil-head-5

Thanks

iba wrote: »
    Guys,

I'm looking for heads for the Melo II and I'm a bit confused. Which one is the one I should get from teh links below or is there another one I should get. Thanks

https://m.fasttech.com/products/3007/10015458/2892300-authentic-eleaf-ijust-2-ec-dual-coil-sub-ohm#specs

https://m.fasttech.com/products/3007/10015458/2300000-authentic-eleaf-melo-replacement-ec-coil-head-5

Thanks

Either will work,these are the best imo

Make sure the coils you get from abroad always say "Authentic" as others are poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

jno547 wrote: »
    Guys,

I'm looking for heads for the Melo II and I'm a bit confused. Which one is the one I should get from teh links below or is there another one I should get. Thanks

Thanks

Either will work,these are the best imo

Make sure the coils you get from abroad always say "Authentic" as others are poor quality.
    Thanks very much. Just noticed I wrote Milo II instead of Milo III - does that change anything?

Thanks very much. Just noticed I wrote Milo II instead of Milo III - does that change anything?

No,the same coils will fit the Melo 3.

For the Melo, you can use Atlantis, iJust, Triton or Herakles v1 coils also. They're all interchangeable. Makes any of these tanks worth having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

• Advertisement

Saw that last night. What a major cock up by Kanger

Advertisement