Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Can you imagine the ohms jumping around all over the place,I am surprised that the designer screwed this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I didn't like the post turning black so quickly more so. God knows what material it's machined from, not SS that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

The Coil Master V3 kit came today. :)

mB1m7AK.jpg

The back of the box has a scratch and check authenticity number, which checks out on their website.

I bought it from ebay user prontodirect for 9 pounds plus parcel wizard.

Now i just need to wait for my no pity clone to come and start making some beautiful coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Guys,

Did I read that if you buy from https://www.3fvape.com and use Amsterdam Post items will get through customs?

Thanks

Doge wrote: »
    The Coil Master V3 kit came today. :)

mB1m7AK.jpg

The back of the box has a scratch and check authenticity number, which checks out on their website.

I bought it from ebay user prontodirect for 9 pounds plus parcel wizard.

Now i just need to wait for my no pity clone to come and start making some beautiful coils.

The pins on that set look longer than the ones for my Kuro set, which is nice. The ones on mine are a tad short if you're doing 11+ wraps with ss wire. But manageable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What's the smallest box mod knocking around these days? I'm looking for something tiny to put a nautilus X on, when I get it that is.

Has to have a built in battery so the pico is out and has to be 22mm so the mini volt is out too. Is there anything smaller than a 40w iStick that fits the bill? I have one of them already.

EGriff wrote: »
    What's the smallest box mod knocking around these days? I'm looking for something tiny to put a nautilus X on, when I get it that is.

Has to have a built in battery so the pico is out and has to be 22mm so the mini volt is out too. Is there anything smaller than a 40w iStick that fits the bill? I have one of them already.

Tesla nano 60w could be what you're after

Nice one, that looks perfect. Calling Doctor Bill, have you got these for sale in various colours? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

The Innokin Coolfire IV is even more compact but the battery is only 2000mah.

I guess thats to be expected due to a smaller size though.

The build quality on it is top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

EGriff wrote:

Mini volt is what sprung to mind straight away. I thought it was 22mm? Might be worth checking.

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    The Innokin Coolfire IV is even more compact but the battery is only 2000mah.

I guess thats to be expected due to a smaller size though.

The build quality on it is top notch.

Nah the Innokin is a bit bigger, only a few mm taller though. now that I've seen a comparison pic the Tesla isn't much smaller than an iStick really, it's shorter but fatter.

moleyv wrote: »
    Mini volt is what sprung to mind straight away. I thought it was 22mm? Might be worth checking.

You're right, I just looked it up, for some reason I thought it was only 20mm, the tank it comes with is that width. I'm gonna get one, they are bloody tiny.

The Doc sold a tesla nano 60 only last week I believe. I think it looks pretty sweet, almost bought one myself but went for the Pico

EGriff wrote:
    You're right, I just looked it up, for some reason I thought it was only 20mm, the tank it comes with is that width. I'm gonna get one, they are bloody tiny.

Might be worth checking some reviews on the nautilus x to see what wattage the coils take. If its higher than the original it will eat the battery in the volt in no time. I haven't really looked into it yet.

When I was ordering the X there the other day I was torn between the volt and pico. I went with the pico, even though it looks rubbish in comparison because I can stick a high mah battery in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

The Nano is very weak, battery wise, a friend bought one for his nautilus mini and said he was constantly charging it .

Edit : Sorry, it was the mini volt he bought !

I think the Pico is a nice looking device, and the volt looks like a toy :D different tastes I guess

I don't get the pricing on the Nautilus X :/ I mean, it's basically an updated Nautilus, but it's priced up on the high end, matching the fancier RTAs even.

Might be worth checking some reviews on the nautilus x to see what wattage the coils take. If its higher than the original it will eat the battery in the volt in no time. I haven't really looked into it yet.

When I was ordering the X there the other day I was torn between the volt and pico. I went with the pico, even though it looks rubbish in comparison because I can stick a high mah battery in there.

Good point, it has half the capacity of what I'm currently using. I only vape around 14w but the new tank might need a bit more.

I'm still using my original Nautilus with BVCs, I have 70VG in there and never get a dry hit, never leaks, can't fault the thing at all.

I think the Pico is a nice looking device, and the volt looks like a toy :D different tastes I guess

I don't get the pricing on the Nautilus X :/ I mean, it's basically an updated Nautilus, but it's priced up on the high end, matching the fancier RTAs even.

A bit expensive all right but if I get half the use out of it I got from the original it'll be money well spent.

I think I'm done with rebuildables tbh, I just cannot be bothered, especially since most don't suit my vape style. Saying that though I might be tempted by a kayfun mini v3 clone in the future.

I only got into rebuildables recently. I dabbled in the past but was just too lazy about it. DIY mixing kicked me toward it again, I'm testing numerous flavours daily now and need to be re-wicking a lot more. Plus I'm sick of buying packs of coils for tanks where 2/5 might be duds! When you build, you have control. I'm loving the Cleito atm with the RTA deck, it's about as good flavour-wise as you can get. Besides that I use a Bellus, a Melo with the rba coil head and a Velocity atty. I have other tanks, but that's what I've narrowed my flavour test set down to for now. And happy enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lukas2283

Check Artery Nugget 50W TC
    The Nugget is the smallest 50W box mod on the market! , 22mm atomizers look perfect on this little box, and fit flush due to the spring-loaded positive pin

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote:
    I think I'm done with rebuildables tbh, I just cannot be bothered, especially since most don't suit my vape style. Saying that though I might be tempted by a kayfun mini v3 clone in the future.

I have one on its way, I hope its good. Messing around with the theorem in MTL kind of rekindled my interest in MTL.

Might end up selling all my over the top 'clouds bro' stuff haha.

It's funny when people go back to MTL, suddenly all else is clouds bro :P

I couldn't MTL, I actually tried, and my mouth just auto-kicks into lung inhale mode lol. I don't do 'clouds' or tricks or any of that ****e, hate it in fact if I'm honest. But I love creamy, thick vapour. I don't miss my old Vivi Nova tanks that's for sure.

If you are selling your OTT CB stuff though, list them here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

I'm the opposite, Want to try it out see what all the fuss is about. I'd like a Dripping Tank just to be able to test out new flavors as all this cleaning is driving me crazy. Plus I think it's something I would really enjoy.

Ordered a cheap clone, just to test my building skill :D

What clone did you go for? I would have suggested the Velocity

What clone did you go for? I would have suggested the Velocity

The Derringer, Never even entered my head to check on here! All points to a €6 impulse buy :)

Still I did a bit of research and it seemed ok for the price. Professor Vape did a review on the actual clone and I like that guy as he's VERY honest about things.

Will keep the Velocity in mind though if I like the process of rebuilding.

Maybe you could suggest a nice mod to use it on though? Some very tempting things on the sales thread but wanna know what's good now after my first outing(kimsun) :)

I've a geekvape Tsunami RDA on my desk. Opened the box, washed it, still disassembled (2 weeks later). Who knows, might end up in the for sale thread haha.

It looks the business, kennedy air flow and a really strong velocity deck. Grub nuts are supposed to be some hardened nitrogen treated SS or something....

I've a geekvape Tsunami RDA on my desk. Opened the box, washed it, still disassembled (2 weeks later). Who knows, might end up in the for sale thread haha.

It looks the business, kennedy air flow and a really strong velocity deck. Grub nuts are supposed to be some hardened nitrogen treated SS or something....

who knows you it might be purchased if timing is right :).

I've looked at some* reviews of this and it's getting a lot of thumbs up. But I did hear it CAN be leaky??

AthAnRi wrote: »
    The Derringer, Never even entered my head to check on here! All points to a €6 impulse buy :)

Still I did a bit of research and it seemed ok for the price. Professor Vape did a review on the actual clone and I like that guy as he's VERY honest about things.

Will keep the Velocity in mind though if I like the process of rebuilding.

Maybe you could suggest a nice mod to use it on though? Some very tempting things on the sales thread but wanna know what's good now after my first outing(kimsun) :)

If you can build on the derringer, you can build on anything. At least there's that :D I've never had one, but I know there's simpler attys out there for sure. When I decided I wanted to nail building coils, I bought a Dark horse. Turns out it wasn't the easiest to build on for a noob either, but I managed it, kind of. Then a Velocity clone popped up on here for sale and I jumped at it. Man ... what a difference! I think Helen Keller could probably have thrown a decent build at the Velocity tbh, so, so simple and it's a flavour champ too.

You can get decent clones [Tobeco] for about €10 on the likes of Gearbest [you'll be waiting a bit for delivery though] or around €20 on some Irish sites, you'd have to scope about a bit to find them though.

As for Mods, really depends on what suits you? Single/dual/treble 18650 mods? or built in battery?

AthAnRi wrote: »
    I've looked at some* reviews of this and it's getting a lot of thumbs up. But I did hear it CAN be leaky??

Haven't used it so can't give my experiences, but from reviews I saw, you need to be careful when dripping in liquid. Its more not being careful doing that I'd imagine that causes some leaking, its from coming out the kennedy airflow. The seals around the base are tight as hell. I couldn't imagine them leaking.

Every tank has its quirks I guess. My ijoy tornado RTA just leaked a bit through the airflow after rebuilding. There is no juice flow control to shut off when refilling, so it always leaks a bit after, even if you close off the airlow. But once the excess liquid is burnt off it works like a champ. Its just a nuisance to re wick, but the pros far outweigh that con.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind a Tsunami, I was put off a bit by the airflow thing too. but now I have the Cleito RTA section and that has similar airflow, right under the coils. And I've yet to suffer one leak. Once your cotton isn't dipping into that air flow channel, and you're careful when you 'paint' your coils initially, should be all good.

Advertisement