Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

If you can build on the derringer, you can build on anything. At least there's that :D I've never had one, but I know there's simpler attys out there for sure. When I decided I wanted to nail building coils, I bought a Dark horse. Turns out it wasn't the easiest to build on for a noob either, but I managed it, kind of. Then a Velocity clone popped up on here for sale and I jumped at it. Man ... what a difference! I think Helen Keller could probably have thrown a decent build at the Velocity tbh, so, so simple and it's a flavour champ too.

You can get decent clones [Tobeco] for about €10 on the likes of Gearbest [you'll be waiting a bit for delivery though] or around €20 on some Irish sites, you'd have to scope about a bit to find them though.

As for Mods, really depends on what suits you? Single/dual/treble 18650 mods? or built in battery?

May as well learn on the hardest. Good old Helen, she was fond of the RDA's :p

Don't mind waiting as It'll give me a few weeks to get up to speed on things, and also the ability to be able to afford a decent mod for the tank.

As for the mod, If I was to buy it today(which I won't be) IT would be single, 18650 Battery mod. Something Simple and effective. And in fact I was looking at a review of the Aspire CF Sub(I think) and I really liked the look and simplicity of it.

Having said that, When the tank does arrive I'll have changed my thoughts I'm sure. Still I do like window shopping :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I wouldn't mind a Tsunami, I was put off a bit by the airflow thing too. but now I have the Cleito RTA section and that has similar airflow, right under the coils. And I've yet to suffer one leak. Once your cotton isn't dipping into that air flow channel, and you're careful when you 'paint' your coils initially, should be all good.

Well the Kennedy airflow is supposed to be one of the best, to be honest, they should have made the tsunami wider, like 25mm and it would probably solve that and have more room for wick in huge builds.

The tornado needs juice flow control. Griffin and TF RTA have it, and don't suffer the same. The tornado needs a tonne of wick around the airflow, and due to the deck being detached from the base, and the whole 'spinning' deck thing, it's fiddlier than its rivals. Griffin and the smok are more suited to beginners. Tornado probably takes three times as long to wick and assemble. It is very rewarding though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

AthAnRi wrote: »

As for the mod, If I was to buy it today(which I won't be) IT would be single, 18650 Battery mod. Something Simple and effective. And in fact I was looking at a review of the Aspire CF Sub(I think) and I really liked the look and simplicity of it.

Evic mini TC. No question. I have mine a long while now and still love it. So simple to use, great, big, bright screen. Magnetic snap on battery door. Looks good, performs excellent.

I have the one he uses for the review there, the 'rose' gold. I traded the Tron tank recently, didn't like it much. So look for the express version without the tank.

Very probably the best single 18650 mod to date.

Actually I just flicked through that review there, as I seen it before [when I was contemplating the Evic mini TC myself] and at 7:30 he pretty much says what I did, lol

moleyv wrote: »
    Well the Kennedy airflow is supposed to be one of the best, to be honest, they should have made the tsunami wider, like 25mm and it would probably solve that and have more room for wick in huge builds.

The tornado needs juice flow control. Griffin and TF RTA have it, and don't suffer the same. The tornado needs a tonne of wick around the airflow, and due to the deck being detached from the base, and the whole 'spinning' deck thing, it's fiddlier than its rivals. Griffin and the smok are more suited to beginners. Tornado probably takes three times as long to wick and assemble. It is very rewarding though.

I watched some vids earlier on the Crius plus, and some reviewers say it's better than the Griffin 25. ALso the Herakles RTA 2 looks good with the new improved deck. The V1 had issues it seems with the air holes also.

Would you trade that Tsunami for some juice I wonder? :D

Would you trade that Tsunami for some juice I wonder?

No I'd probably be selling it to fund something else. I'd be looking for about 30e posted as it's unused. But I'm still undecided.

I have a Griffin 25 on the way, sold my 22. I'd say most of the velocity decked RTAs are fairly similar. Might just come down to which you prefer the looks of. Geekvape are one of my favourite manufacturers right now. The avocado 24 is the only thing on my shopping list right now.

Smok though, there is something about their vapour production that is different than the rest. And their build quality is one of the best. The vapour is hard to describe, and incredibly dense even with air fully open. Only thing I don't like about the tf rta is the drip tip. Would have preferred it to have air flow like the tfv4. More to do with it filling up with liquid\saliva fairly quick due to it being glass inside stainless.

• Advertisement

I reckoned so, no harm chancing the arm now and then though eh? ;)

I think the difference, and why some produce better flavour than others, is more down to the airflow options, along with the build quality like you mentioned. And obviously, your own part too, how you build on it. So a solid, eay to build on deck helps a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Just got myself the AIO and it's fantastic. Although, I have one question, is it supposed to make some sort of bubbling noise followed by a hiss when you vape? I'm unsure about this and there's nothing about it in the manual (not that I expected to be).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Evic mini TC. No question. I have mine a long while now and still love it. So simple to use, great, big, bright screen. Magnetic snap on battery door. Looks good, performs excellent.

I see there is an eVic VTwo and eVic VTwo Mini on the way .

jonski wrote: »
    I see there is an eVic VTwo and eVic VTwo Mini on the way .

No different, bar the new ones have clocks ... and new colours ... honestly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

No different, bar the new ones have clocks ... and new colours ... honestly

And a game... A GAME... sharks may have been jumped......

Not much really new anymore.

• Advertisement

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Just got myself the AIO and it's fantastic. Although, I have one question, is it supposed to make some sort of bubbling noise followed by a hiss when you vape? I'm unsure about this and there's nothing about it in the manual (not that I expected to be).

It's a great device. This happens usually after refilling, I find. It'll usually settle down after a few vapes I find. I also find that if you turn the device upside down and wrap tissue around the airflow and blow for a few seconds it will remove any excess liquid from the coil. Not sure how god it is for the device but hasn't done any damage yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS6RgcvyQ1g

Just one other thing, In the video below, around 14:10 is what the device should sound like when working properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKaIvITywT4

8mm wrote: »
    And a game... A GAME... sharks may have been jumped......

Not much really new anymore.

Ha, I haven't even updated my Evic mini, because I think that's the only update, with personalised icons. Nobody going to be looking at the screen but me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

AthAnRi wrote: »
    It's a great device. This happens usually after refilling, I find. It'll usually settle down after a few vapes I find. I also find that if you turn the device upside down and wrap tissue around the airflow and blow for a few seconds it will remove any excess liquid from the coil. Not sure how god it is for the device but hasn't done any damage yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS6RgcvyQ1g

Just one other thing, In the video below, around 14:10 is what the device should sound like when working properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKaIvITywT4

Yeah, that's exactly what it sounds like. Good to know that it isn't a cause of malfunction or abnormal issue :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Anybody have any experience with the juice from these lads?

http://juicyvapes.co.uk/

The prices are super cheap, thinking of putting an order in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Apparently they scammed a load of Reddit users out of money by not delivering goods ordered. I've seen a few other reviews about juice just not arriving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Apparently they scammed a load of Reddit users out of money by not delivering goods ordered. I've seen a few other reviews about juice just not arriving.

Jesus. That's terrible. Cheers for the heads-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭Doge

dpWwQtW.jpg

:pac:

Sadly, the way things are headed, that could become a reality

Not the fashion sense though :D

Sadly, the way things are headed, that could become a reality

Not the fashion sense though :D

Hey!!! I paid a lot of money for the outfit :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

EGriff wrote: »
    You're right, I just looked it up, for some reason I thought it was only 20mm, the tank it comes with is that width. I'm gonna get one, they are bloody tiny.

They're great yokes. Have two myself. Battery lasts surprisingly long if your vaping in the 12-15w range MTL.

• Advertisement

I have one on its way, I hope its good. Messing around with the theorem in MTL kind of rekindled my interest in MTL.

Might end up selling all my over the top 'clouds bro' stuff haha.

They're great. I have an original and a clone both perform flawlessly. Never leak and they're all I'm using these days. You won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Haha, yeah, trying to be original is one thing ... can you picture yourself vaping that in public?? :D

What are people's thoughts on the dna200 mods with lipo packs? There seems to be some decent ones available for around the 100e mark.

Anyone have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

What are people's thoughts on the dna200 mods with lipo packs? There seems to be some decent ones available for around the 100e mark.

Anyone have one?

I've got a VT200 - my Pico vapes better in TC, seriously!

mrplop wrote:

mrplop wrote:

Just curious, do you tweak the settings in escribe. A lot of the reviews I'm seeing on the DNA 200s is that the manufacturers aren't properly setting up the devices and they perform rubbish until you set up properly the battery settings etc. The manufacturers basically buy the chip, and insert it without setting it up for the other parts. They sell them in a not ready for out of the box use basically.

The djsl lab reviewer puts out proper versions of the settings that can be easily put on them.

How is the finish on the vt200, it gets bad reviews.

I'm looking at the think vape panzer box and the SMY SDNA 200 v2

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Just curious, do you tweak the settings in escribe. A lot of the reviews I'm seeing on the DNA 200s is that the manufacturers aren't properly setting up the devices and they perform rubbish until you set up properly the battery settings etc. The manufacturers basically buy the chip, and insert it without setting it up for the other parts. They sell them in a not ready for out of the box use basically.

The djsl lab reviewer puts out proper versions of the settings that can be easily put on them.

How is the finish on the vt200, it gets bad reviews.

I'm looking at the think vape panzer box and the SMY SDNA 200 v2

I've set everything in Escribe, the temp output with the Joye devices works just as well as the Evolve chips. I still like the VT200 but I end up using the other Joyetech devices most of the time.

Finish on the VT200 has weathered fairly well so far, there's a bit of anodizing gone.

I know of one shop in Poland that still has the Wismec DNA mod for €140 if you really want a DNA device.

mrplop wrote: »
    I've set everything in Escribe, the temp output with the Joye devices works just as well as the Evolve chips. I still like the VT200 but I end up using the other Joyetech devices most of the time.

Finish on the VT200 has weathered fairly well so far, there's a bit of anodizing gone.

I know of one shop in Poland that still has the Wismec DNA mod for €140 if you really want a DNA device.

Thanks for that! Interesting, I'm not too interested in the wismec one, I was more interested in the LiPos. I have the rx200, and don't think I want another with the same form factor, not that I don't like the form, just one is enough.

I'll keep thinking about it

• Advertisement

Some upcoming new mods to decide on :pac: :D

Pioneer4You Yaris

80W, Single 26650

5QPADEl.jpg

l7QEmEM.jpg?1

Pioneer4You IPV6X

215W dual 18650, yihi chip

YDtSwwm.jpg

ntO1nWs.jpg