Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

ill just leave this here:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've just taken delivery of the nitecore UM10 single charger, mainly to take on holiday.

It is a great little charger,runs off a phone charger and can charge a phone at the same time.

Great if you're looking for something to sit on a desk top.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Keep an eye on the Chinese sellers on the 9th. "Dragon Boat Festival" kicks off
    GB have a watch this space banner up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I've just taken delivery of the nitecore UM10 single charger, mainly to take on holiday.

I use two of the UM20. Basically the same but each does two batteries. They really are decent chargers. Only downside is they don't charge 26650s, but only a small minority use those.
    Shinobollo wrote:
    Keep an eye on the Chinese sellers on the 9th. "Dragon Boat Festival" kicks off GB have a watch this space banner up.

My wishlists are filled up, let's hope its a blanket % off everything!!

Also just for anyone using FT, worth trying the code MAP on everything to see if it knocks off something. It was posted a while back in relation to a new dna75 device, but on looking at a lot of stuff lately, it seems to be a code applied to a lot of things. A quick tip is to check the FT forum page which should be linked on each product page. The FT forum admins make a post in there if MAP works!

Someone is organising a group buy for the kayfun v5 clone by tobeco over on the IV FB page for anyone interested.

23e to your door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

moleyv wrote: »
    Someone is organising a group buy for the kayfun v5 clone by tobeco over on the IV FB page for anyone interested.

23e to your door.

Looks like there is a SXK V5 clone on the way from FT too for the same sort of price:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/4984600

Should be decent given it's from SXK but will see what folk have to say on who does the best V5 clone.

8mm wrote:
    Looks like there is a SXK V5 clone on the way from FT too for the same sort of price:

Yep saw that too. I went for the tobecco, as the cost includes them being sent in bulk via dhl, and price covers customs and then being sent here, so *I hope* it gets here faster than the normal snail mail.

I'm thinking of getting one of the sjmy squape x dreams off 3fvape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

I went with the group buy as I found the tobecco V4 really good , I am using it everyday for over a year .

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Yep saw that too. I went for the tobecco, as the cost includes them being sent in bulk via dhl, and price covers customs and then being sent here, so *I hope* it gets here faster than the normal snail mail.

I'm thinking of getting one of the sjmy squape x dreams off 3fvape.

Squape looks nice. Still use my rs clone on a stingray most days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Im sure I asked this before here but Im seeing a rather good deal on a asMODus Minikin ($54 on Fasttech). Anyone got it already?

Only weakness I can see is the lack of USB charging which isn't a deal breaker for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Trond wrote:
    Im sure I asked this before here but Im seeing a rather good deal on a asMODus Minikin ($54 on Fasttech). Anyone got it already?

Yeah I have it in black,its a rubberized finish,very tough and durable. Great mod,never misses a beat,battery life is excellent with the chip they use and it's made by the same company that make the Snowolf mods which imho are one of the best mods available today.
    Well worth it if you can get it.

Just on the asmodus minikin, they have released a version 1.5.

Only difference I think is it is up to 150w and has a USB port (not sure if it allows charging). And they added lots more TC stuff, like SS and bizarrely gold and silver.....

I'd say if all you use is wattage, its a cracking deal on the original one on FT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭Doge

So after receiving my first Resistance Meter today I've came across an irregularity.

The resistance reads about 0.5ohm on the coils that came with my No Pity RDA today from 3FVape which seems right.

However my Innokin Cool fire IV reads 0.87 ohms. :/

Is it a case that the the resistance meter built into mods is not that accurate, or just more specific to the cool fire IV?

I might test both with the I sub g tank and coils I bought to see if it's off with those also.

Doge wrote:
    So after receiving my first Resistance Meter today I've came across an irregularity.

After you build the coil, then wick it. It usually changes a little bit. Be that from slight movement putting through the wick, or just the presence of the wick and liquid. You difference is a bit too much for that, but it's possibly cumulative of other things.

I think from your other thread, the contact\firing pin is removable? Check that is tight and slightly protruding. It's a common cause of ohms jumping around the place.

If you have any other mods too check it on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭Doge

Thanks for the help moleyv. Whatever I did, both seem to be reading the same resistance now. Maybe I didn't have it screwwed tightly enough. I'm glad it was my fault and not the cool fires!

For anyone having coils burning out quickly in their Cubis,this guy seems to have a solution,I've tried it and it works on the 0.5 anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yHbaNG-Vqw

Has there ever been a more contrary tank than the Theorem :confused: Can't get a build or afc combination to settle on although my current ss 0.7 with both afc open is probably the best I've had it ,anyone else finding the Theorem a pain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

jno547 wrote: »
    Has there ever been a more contrary tank than the Theorem :confused: Can't get a build or afc combination to settle on although my current ss 0.7 with both afc open is probably the best I've had it ,anyone else finding the Theorem a pain?

I'm really enjoying mine.

Have found the notch coils give a very pleasant flavour with my usual Greedy Monkey juice. Single airflow going to the front of the coil seems to work for me.

The only gripes I have are the tiny tank and the top can be a little loose.

Ionised wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying mine.

Have found the notch coils give a very pleasant flavour with my usual Greedy Monkey juice. Single airflow going to the front of the coil seems to work for me.

The only gripes I have are the tiny tank and the top can be a little loose.

I couldn't get on with the notch coil either,burned out after about a day's use,I've tried dual vertical,single Kanthal and SS and still not happy with it, I think the Sale thread is beckoning :D

Yeah I liked the theorem, but more as a novelty. The fill port annoyed me, otherwise I'd have held onto it longer to experiment more.

I didn't like the notch coil, it didn't burn on me, but I just found building my own had nicer results. It ramps up so fast it can easily end up burning the cotton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Now that ESI have dropped their Pipe Sauce range, I can't get any cider flavour in Ireland.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some?

I'm thinking of Vapemate.co.uk but I don't know anything about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Now that ESI have dropped their Pipe Sauce range, I can't get any cider flavour in Ireland.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some?

I'm thinking of Vapemate.co.uk but I don't know anything about them.

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/Guest-E-liquids/ePipeMods-Pipe-Sauce

This is the only place i know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Guys,

I ordered some 18650 batteries from Aliexpress:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-pcs-Original-INR18650-25R-18650-2500-mAh-lithium-battery-discharge-20A-Electronic-Cigarette-Rechargeable-batteries/32648030205.html

Was told today that they wont be delivered because 'they caught fire on a plane in Holland and now they can't ship them anymore'. Don't exactly believe this story but that's beside the point.

So guys any recommendations of the cheapest place to buy batteries from?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

http://www.nkon.nl/samsung-18650-inr18650-25r.html

Basicly the same price for 6 batteries and they're coming from Europe.

iba wrote: »
    Guys,

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-pcs-Original-INR18650-25R-18650-2500-mAh-lithium-battery-discharge-20A-Electronic-Cigarette-Rechargeable-batteries/32648030205.html

Was told today that they wont be delivered because 'they caught fire on a plane in Holland and now they can't ship them anymore'. Don't exactly believe this story but that's beside the point.

Thanks

I dont know what it is about batteries but I always prefer to buy them local,

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/527-samsung-inr-18650-25r-2500mah-30a-battery.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

iba wrote: »
    Guys,

Thanks

Try adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_241350.html

GB are doing a pretty good deal but the last time i ordered battery's from them they took 6 weeks to be delivered.Your probably better of getting them from Europe ^^

+1 on NKON.

Shipping options are limited now for batteries from China. Typically they have to go snail mail. NKON has very good prices considering they are coming from EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

+1 on NKON.

Shipping options are limited now for batteries from China. Typically they have to go snail mail. NKON has very good prices considering they are coming from EU.

I thought China mail don't ship batteries,or is it that other postal services won't take them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Guys - thanks very much for all your very quick replies.

Advertisement