Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

http://eu.nkon.nl/rechargeable/18650-size/samsung-18650-inr18650-25r.html

Great price there for the same batteries I linked above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I thought China mail don't ship batteries,or is it that other postal services won't take them?

I'm not sure which exact ones do.

On fasttech for example, order batteries and you can select 'TNT-Post NL international airmail for batteries'.

Does what it says on the tin? Lucky I looked at the forums, there was a sticky saying they won't deliver batteries to a number of countries, naming Ireland as one. But you can still select it as an option when ordering.

People of the forum said their package would be eventually rejected by TNT-Post NL and end up going back and forth and left in limbo.

So I cancelled the batteries from my order.

Gearbest select the method of shipping, but ends up taking a long time.

NKON are a similar price, you just have postage on top. I put in an order with them Sunday, and it is despatched today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

moleyv wrote: »

On fasttech for example, order batteries and you can select 'TNT-Post NL international airmail for batteries'.

Does what it says on the tin? Lucky I looked at the forums, there was a sticky saying they won't deliver batteries to a number of countries, naming Ireland as one. But you can still select it as an option when ordering.

People of the forum said their package would be eventually rejected by TNT-Post NL and end up going back and forth and left in limbo.

NKON are a similar price, you just have postage on top. I put in an order with them Sunday, and it is despatched today.

Good stuff to know,i was only looking at this list yesterday:

http://track-chinapost.com/?p=650

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Well I just bought from Gearbest and Nkon - good prices from both but I hate delivery costs (growling at Nkon).

See which ones I get first. Can just sell on the extra ones to mates (at cost).

I'm in the UAE so ordered the Gearbest ones direct and the Nkon ones to an address in Ireland for sending on (Nkon wanted 30 Euro shipping to the UAE with Fedex).

This is what a guy is selling them here for:

LG Choco 3000mAh 30a - 20 Euro
    Aspire 2500mAh 40a - 35 Euro
    AWT IMR 3000mAh 40a - 35 Euro

Thanks for your help guys.

Yeah I guess its probably not a good idea to buy batteries from fasttech at the moment. They are giving options delivery of batteries that won't deliver to Ireland. So its difficult to know which one (if any) will deliver.

Gearbest select whichever delivery method suits themselves, so the batteries will arrive (probably) but they might be coming on the back of a donkey through the Himalayas.

Ordering one or two batteries, and an Irish vendor is probably worth the bit extra. Ordering 4+ and somewhere else will make more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

iba wrote: »
    Well I just bought from Gearbest and Nkon - good prices from both but I hate delivery costs (growling at Nkon).

I'm in the UAE so ordered the Gearbest ones direct and the Nkon ones to an address in Ireland for sending on (Nkon wanted 30 Euro shipping to the UAE with Fedex).

How much was Nkon shipping to Ireland?

http://track-chinapost.com/?p=650
    Not sure about that list coz eliquids get through okay and Ive also got a phone from China before

iba wrote: »

How much was Nkon shipping to Ireland?
    8.71 euro (I ordered 10)

Is there such a thing as a clear/see through vape band?

I can't stand the things, but it won't be long before a tank smashes in one of my cup holders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Got a Cleito "Fat Boy" to try Aspire's latest and greatest, my other daily driver is a TFV4. I have to say while I like the big tank on the Cleito I am not sold on it, it doesn't lend itself well to heavy use, it gets hot and stores the heat, and doesn't seem to wick as well as the TFV4 coils. While its an interesting bit of coil engineering, combining the coil and the chimney, it seems to have too many drawbacks, the coils don't last as long either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

Is there such a thing as a clear/see through vape band?

I can't stand the things, but it won't be long before a tank smashes in one of my cup holders.

fasttech.com/products/0/10012289/2083906-silicone-anti-slip-ring-for-e-cigarette-atomizers
    wizardvapes.co.uk/products/vape-bands-transparent?variant=6231520581
    gearbest.com/accessories/pp_253826.html

Glow in the dark - now I want some - all your fault :)
    fasttech.com/products/0/10012369/3415300-glow-in-the-dark-silicone-anti-slip-ring-for-e

• Registered Users Posts: 27 DannySparks

Hi, anyone any suggestions on what to go for next. I'm currently vaping using a eleaf istick 40w and mini subtank. Have the istick around 8 to 10 months and the battery is on its way out so I'm looking to upgrade.
    Anyone any recommendations on a mod between 40 to 100w and rba tank.
    Was thinking something like the klanger subbox or cool fire 4.
    Theres so much stuff out now since I bought the istick it's hard to decide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭Doge

Hi, anyone any suggestions on what to go for next. I'm currently vaping using a eleaf istick 40w and mini subtank. Have the istick around 8 to 10 months and the battery is on its way out so I'm looking to upgrade.
    Anyone any recommendations on a mod between 40 to 100w and rba tank.
    Was thinking something like the klanger subbox or cool fire 4.
    Theres so much stuff out now since I bought the istick it's hard to decide

Don't forget the Cool Fire IV Plus which is 70 watt.

Hi, anyone any suggestions on what to go for next. I'm currently vaping using a eleaf istick 40w and mini subtank. Have the istick around 8 to 10 months and the battery is on its way out so I'm looking to upgrade. Anyone any recommendations on a mod between 40 to 100w and rba tank. Was thinking something like the klanger subbox or cool fire 4. Theres so much stuff out now since I bought the istick it's hard to decide

One of the best and most versatile tanks out at the moment is the Aspire Cleito,fantastic flavour from the 0.4 coil in particular,easy to fill and easy to change coils. An rba section also available if you choose to build your own coils.
    A lot of very good mods available now,choose between built in battery or re chargeable,single or dual,add a charger if you go for individual batteries.
    Cool fire IV TC 100w is excellent, istick pico75w, Joyetech vtc mini or Cuboid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

jno547 wrote: »
    One of the best and most versatile tanks out at the moment is the Aspire Cleito,fantastic flavour from the 0.4 coil in particular,easy to fill and easy to change coils. An rba section also available if you choose to build your own coils.
    A lot of very good mods available now,choose between built in battery or re chargeable,single or dual,add a charger if you go for individual batteries.
    Cool fire IV TC 100w is excellent, istick pico75w, Joyetech vtc mini or Cuboid.

I've a Cleito and a TFV4, TFV4 is hands down the better RTA imho, wouldn't recommend the Cleito personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The Cleito with the RTA section is as good as any RTA I've tried at least. Performance and flavour-wise. It's got a surprisingly roomy deck for what is essentially an add-on too. I can fit 3.5mm wrapped coils in there.

Inquitus wrote: »
    I've a Cleito and a TFV4, TFV4 is hands down the better RTA imho, wouldn't recommend the Cleito personally.

Well vaping like a lot of things is subjective and one persons trash can be someone else's treasure,as the op is moving to sub ohm I would feel that the simplicity of the Cleito would make the transition easy and enjoyable.

The Cleito with the RTA section is as good as any RTA I've tried at least. Performance and flavour-wise. It's got a surprisingly roomy deck for what is essentially an add-on too. I can fit 3.5mm wrapped coils in there.

Just I would say, if you are going the RTA route, by the time you buy a cleito, the rta kit and fatboy tank, you would save money getting a better built tank with a velocity deck.

Cleito is good alright, and not used the RTA, but its good for someone who already had a cleito. Going from scratch, there are cheaper (and I assume better) options.

I don't even own a fatboy glass :D I still use the old straight standard one. And still have the original spare, never cracked this one and have it months. It suits me fine, you get about 2ml in there. I have 3 mods with different juices in on the go most days, I can't stick to just one flavour. But, yeah, it's more worthwhile for anyone already owning a Cleito. I have a Bellus, an Avocado 24 and a Velocity and I think the Cleito RBA is as good as any of them, better in some ways even. It's the easiest take apart, it's just as easy to build on as the Avacado 24, it's easier than the Bellus for sure. The flavor is arguably better than the others, once you wick it right. They all have a different ... sensation, I guess, but the Cleito gives me the type of creamy vape I prefer regular. It's the easiest to fill too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

I haven't put the cleito down since I got it, my tfv4 is laying idle. I am happy enough with the stock .4 ohm coils and not in any rush to get the RBA kit, the Fatboy glass would be nice though!

• Advertisement

I was happy enough with the 0.4 coils too, but I haven't used one since I got the RBA. I find it that good. It is still my most used tank either way.

Aspire did very well with that tank I'd say. Simple design and cheap. Fair play to them. And they came through on their promise of an RBA.

I think a lot of people made the step up to sub ohming with the cleito.

My favourite tank of all though is the tornado. One thing I have that I'll never sell! Fiddly fecker though. I've a soft spot for Smok stuff too.

Not tried that one, but I am liking the Avocado 24. Also a fiddly fecker, if you want to clean it out when changing flavours or the glass. But it looks great, and vapes nicely. I've had so many tanks that I hated, or had issues with, it's nice to finally have at least a few that just do what they're supposed to! :)

Yeah I like the avocado. Its not too bad for a 'quick clean' though.

Just pull out the wicks, open the juice flow and hold under a hot tap and rinse out a few times. There's 4 wick holes and the two juice holes so it empties almost instantly.

Then a quick rinse with cold so the glass doesn't fog up. And let it dry away for a while.

Ah good! I'm not the only lazy bugger who's begun doing that! :D I have taken it apart a couple of times, just switching the glass and changing the o-rings out of boredom. But for swicthing flavours if I'm re-wicking a good flush will do for sure.

Ah good! I'm not the only lazy bugger who's begun doing that! :D I have taken it apart a couple of times, just switching the glass and changing the o-rings out of boredom. But for swicthing flavours if I'm re-wicking a good flush will do for sure.

Well I had some pretty potent liquid in there and a quick clean left no remnants of it, taste or smell, so it cleans well enough. I wonder are there any snazzy alternative drip tips that would screw in too.

Actually other than Garry Dibleys, does anyone else know of any custom drip tip maker.

moleyv wrote:
    Actually other than Garry Dibleys, does anyone else know of any custom drip tip maker.

Can't post a link at the moment but check Siam Mods Tips,quality handmade stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Anybody needing a simple mod,here is one that I bought last Sunday & it is so easy use http://e-smokeireland.com/product/te...w-stealth-kit/ they are out of stock now but you should pick one up either here or the UK,curiosity made me buy this tiny mod,there is a slight rubbery feel to it & it will take any 22mm tank.
    The tank (Shadow) that comes with it is a pretty good tank,you would swear that it was a Cleito,plenty of airflow if you want it,excellent flavour with the .2 coil,I haven't tried the other coil yet .6,once the coils are dead,I will use something like the 22mm Griffin or something similar which has an RBA deck & build my own SS coils.
    You can buy just the mod if you like & buy a different 22mm tank that suits you,this mod really works well with a low ohm resistance coil like the .2 I have installed,I haven't tried anything higher yet.
    The mod has an intelligent chip which sets it's own wattage to the coil,here is a couple of videos to watch,I really love this mod,perfect when driving & out on the beer....if anyone is interested in this mod,I'll try different tanks like the Nautilus (mtl) or any sub ohm tank (dl) in it & let you know the results.
    A lot smaller than a Pico when tanks are attached...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usp5Lnops4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbgBbR2g00

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Anybody needing a simple mod,here is one that I bought last Sunday & it is so easy use http://e-smokeireland.com/product/te...w-stealth-kit/ they are out of stock now but you should pick one up either here or the UK,curiosity made me buy this tiny mod,there is a slight rubbery feel to it & it will take any 22mm tank.
    The tank (Shadow) that comes with it is a pretty good tank,you would swear that it was a Cleito,plenty of airflow if you want it,excellent flavour with the .2 coil,I haven't tried the other coil yet .6,once the coils are dead,I will use something like the 22mm Griffin or something similar which has an RBA deck & build my own SS coils.
    You can buy just the mod if you like & buy a different 22mm tank that suits you,this mod really works well with a low ohm resistance coil like the .2 I have installed,I haven't tried anything higher yet.
    The mod has an intelligent chip which sets it's own wattage to the coil,here is a couple of videos to watch,I really love this mod,perfect when driving & out on the beer....if anyone is interested in this mod,I'll try different tanks like the Nautilus (mtl) or any sub ohm tank (dl) in it & let you know the results.
    A lot smaller than a Pico when tanks are attached...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usp5Lnops4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbgBbR2g00

My wattage can vary based on the strength of nic I'm using as well as my coil so not for me sadly. Pity. Looks so handy.
    Looked at smoant knight as well but tales of it feeling like carrying a dumbell in your pocket put me off.
    Ah well, pico on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Shinobollo wrote: »
    My wattage can vary based on the strength of nic I'm using as well as my coil so not for me sadly. Pity. Looks so handy.
    Looked at smoant knight as well but tales of it feeling like carrying a dumbell in your pocket put me off.
    Ah well, pico on the way.

There's only 2 nic strengths I use,24mg & 6mg,later on today I'm going to try about a dozen different tanks & see how they perform with the mod,might be a load of crap :D:D:D

Advertisement