Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

jno547 wrote:
    Can't post a link at the moment but check Siam Mods Tips,quality handmade stuff.

Cheers for that, just had a look on their FB page as their site is down, I guess they sell like the Gary Dibley tips, as in post photos on FB to show what's coming up, then put them on website at a certain time for sale.

The Siam ones look very nice. One thing though, in comparison to the Dibley ones, they are a bit wobbly looking and not symmetric. That would drive me mad and I don't think I'd buy one.

I'll look at what they have when they go on sale though. Looking at the FB page, next lot for sale on the 25th if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Vince's tips on FB, Suck it up tips, and drip tips by big.That's the only ones i know of the top of my head just now.I've bought from Vince's tips and suck it up tips, both very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

There's only 2 nic strengths I use,24mg & 6mg,later on today I'm going to try about a dozen different tanks & see how they perform with the mod,might be a load of crap :D:D:D

Now that sounds like fun - watch out for the dizzies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I didn't want another RTA, but I kind of wand The Mage RTA now - looks like a fatter cleito RTA

I didn't want another RTA, but I kind of wand The Mage RTA now - looks like a fatter cleito RTA

Its a slightly bigger sigelei moonshot with an easier deck. Is on my wishlist too haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

moleyv wrote: »
    Its a slightly bigger sigelei moonshot with an easier deck. Is on my wishlist too haha.

Yeah skimmed through a few reviews, and that was how it was being described. I never had the moonshot, but how you wick it and close it up is very like a larger Cleito RBA. If those factors all combined are anything to go by, it's going to be a flavour beast.

Also I unknowingly did a pun above :D "I wand the Mage"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

What's the latest and greatest Kayfun?

I was looking at a €12 kayfun monster v3 on fasttech, would that be any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Just received the Tobeco clone of the Kayfun 5 , very well made bit of kit .

I'm here struggling to choose two options on fasttech.

Both cost roughly the same. And I want to make use of today's discount.

Christ, should have gone to the pub. Might as well, then choose after a couple of drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

I've been vaping now for a while and made the move about a year ago to sub ohming, I was in the vintage vape rooms the other day as I got a fill of oil of lad at work, lovely strawberry, I wanted a citrus one as I was using fug life by lowrider but have gone taste blind, I got a citrus oil called slush, I noticed it was super thick, I sample it in a dropper tank, it's hopeless in my kanger sub tank, so in my local navan shop I picked up a kanger dripbox, and now after a few hours I love it, it's dripper mod, but with a bottle in the bottom so don't have to keep filling up the cotton every few minutes, anyone any experience with kanger dripbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

alane20 wrote: »
    I've been vaping now for a while and made the move about a year ago to sub ohming, I was in the vintage vape rooms the other day as I got a fill of oil of lad at work, lovely strawberry, I wanted a citrus one as I was using fug life by lowrider but have gone taste blind, I got a citrus oil called slush, I noticed it was super thick, I sample it in a dropper tank, it's hopeless in my kanger sub tank, so in my local navan shop I picked up a kanger dripbox, and now after a few hours I love it, it's dripper mod, but with a bottle in the bottom so don't have to keep filling up the cotton every few minutes, anyone any experience with kanger dripbox?

Was it the 60w or the 160w Dripbox you bought...
    I bought the 160w last week http://e-smokeireland.com/product/kanger-dripbox-160/ & I find it is the best sqonker out there,a few teething problems which I have fixed & working like a trooper.
    The mod itself had no issues,I tried a dozen different sub ohm tanks on it which worked great,just like an RX200,just refrain from using the bottle when using other tanks unless they are a proper sqonker RDA.
    The issue was with the RDA that came with it,the spit back was unbelievable,hot juice hitting me in the face & eventually I thought I was going blind because I wear spectacles & the juice covered both lenses,I had to vape without glasses :D:D:D
    The pre-built coil & cotton were crap,so I built my own SS spaced dual coils & the RDA is working great with no spit back,the RDA is a really good easy to build dripper,it's better than most RDA's out there.
    I had a Velocity RDA which I used on other mods & while searching through the spares bag,there was a 510 sqonking pin that came with it,so I changed the 510 pins & it is working a treat with the Dripbox,never had one leak with either of the RDA's,both working perfect.
    When using an ordinary dripper on a mod,the top of the mod was always a little wet with condensation from the dripper,but using the sqonker,there is no condensation,another result...
    The Tsunami 24 has a sqonking pin in the spares but it over hangs a slight bit,the Tsunami 22 doesn't have a sqonking pin but the Tsunami 24 pin fits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

This seamed to be the appropriate thread to post on if not then apologies.

Has pixnmixdiy.com gone down? I was browsing it 5 mins ago in internet explorer on my craptastic Lumia 535 but after I opened a new tab to browse fasttech I returned to the previous tab to find this error message:

. "VQMod::bootup - ERROR - YOU NEED THE PHP "DOMDocument" EXTENSION INSTALLED TO USE VQMod"

Jsmurff wrote:
    Has pixnmixdiy.com gone down? I was browsing it 5 mins ago in internet explorer on my craptastic Lumia 535 but after I opened a new tab to browse fasttech I returned to the previous tab to find this error message:

Just opened fine for me.

Just opened fine for me.

yeah , working fine for me too

I just bought some stuff....

Yup switched to the laptop and works perfectly fine must just be my phone/ service provider. Although now I have an issue with fasttech on the laptop :p good ole microsoft consistent as ever :pac:

sorry for bothering ye with it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone bring an Ego AIO on a plane yet? Just wondering is there much of a difference in terms of leakage etc than older non top fill tanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Got the smoant knight v1 last week, awesome little side by side mod. Feels really solid and fits in pocket really easily. Only thing is I notice I'm getting a bit less battery life from it compared to my usual Evic mini's. But for me at 20-25w I'm still getting a full day from 1 LGHG2.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Got the smoant knight v1 last week, awesome little side by side mod. Feels really solid and fits in pocket really easily. Only thing is I notice I'm getting a bit less battery life from it compared to my usual Evic mini's. But for me at 20-25w I'm still getting a full day from 1 LGHG2.

Is it as heavy as they say ? That's the only thing that put me off

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Is it as heavy as they say ? That's the only thing that put me off

Yeah it is a bit heavy, but for me that's a positive as it makes it feel like a quality device. Haven't tried the TC mode yet as i'm not really into that but i've seen reviews that say its pretty good there too.

• Advertisement

Just got to play around with the tobecco clone of the kayfun v5 from the FB group buy.

I'm not overly impressed with the flavour. The build and everything is great quality. But its very easy to do a lung hit, even on the smallest airhole.

I actually put a 0.4 ohm SS coil in there and can chain lung hit no problem.

I know the airflow is supposed to be increased over previous kayfuns, but I didn't think it would be that much. Maybe its just the tobecco one.

I've had sub tanks with less airflow!

I'll try a few different builds though. Maybe I went OTT with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Just got to play around with the tobecco clone of the kayfun v5 from the FB group buy.

I'm not overly impressed with the flavour. The build and everything is great quality. But its very easy to do a lung hit, even on the smallest airhole.

I know the airflow is supposed to be increased over previous kayfuns, but I didn't think it would be that much. Maybe its just the tobecco one.

There's supposed to be a kit coming out to reduce airflow. I kinda like a airy MTL draw these days and use around a 1 ohm coil in a sub tank with a long narrow drip tip.

Flavour might come through once you have a tank of juice sucked down - season it a bit maybe.

I got the same one, in the same group buy :) .

I find it too airy for MTL, but tbf I kinda knew that before I bought it going from the online reviews .

I have a .6 316L SS build in it running in TCR temp mode and it works great as a restricted DL inhale . Out of my Serpent, Serpent Mini, Subtank mini, Triton and Ego One Mega it is the tightest for me . I find the flavour as good if not slightly better than the Serpents .

I think I might up the resistance, but I really was expecting better flavour. Tried a couple of different liquids now that I know how they taste.

My v3 mini has much better flavour. I'm no MTL snob either. I mostly DL.

My first try using TC on the innokin coolfire 4 TC and it really is a great chip. Very smooth.

I might try out a twisted or fused Clapton out on the v5.

At 0.35 its devouring the juice and the flavour should be better. Wicks like a champ. The top cap gets quite hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I haven't ordered a V5 yet, now I'm worried about flavour as I love me a good taste and was hoping the V5 was the second fifth coming getting it all right.

8mm wrote: »
    There's supposed to be a kit coming out to reduce airflow. I kinda like a airy MTL draw these days and use around a 1 ohm coil in a sub tank with a long narrow drip tip.

Flavour might come through once you have a tank of juice sucked down - season it a bit maybe.

Pbusardo's latest video shows the reduced airflow for the V5...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YvEJY4LISg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Soo looking at all these pretty Kayfuns and stuff in the whats in your hand thread. Anyone got one they are lookin to sell :P or a not so kayfun kayfun ;) mainly looking for the mini v3 or the v5 if anyone has one the wanna sell, or has a good site that does not so kayfun kayfuns preferably not fastgearbesttech if at all possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I got mine from here https://www.provapes.co.uk/products/kayfun-mini-v3

Very good quality.

Just picked up a molejuice order from parcel motel. One side has a load of customs tape over it. Didn't realise they checked stuff moving within the UK. Or was it when PM were moving it from north to south. Interesting.

Parcel originated from UK, sent via royal mail.

• Advertisement

Just picked up a molejuice order from parcel motel. One side has a load of customs tape over it. Didn't realise they checked stuff moving within the UK. Or was it when PM were moving it from north to south. Interesting.

Parcel originated from UK, sent via royal mail.

Something to do with TPD maybe

Advertisement