Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Jsmurff wrote:
    Something to do with TPD maybe

Doubt it. No way would they have left 4x100ml and 2x50ml bottles of liquid through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

moleyv wrote: »
    Doubt it. No way would they have left 4x100ml and 2x50ml bottles of liquid through.

Well my experience with customs when ordering stuff for other hobbies has been weird at times in the past maybe someone got curious? Its happened to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

Could anybody help me pick out a new RTA? I was never huge into buying loads of gear, just every once in a while I crave a new set up.

I've been on the TFV4 for the last 4 months and loving it, the RBA section is all I use. Are there are highly rated RBA/RTA sections that can have dual coil?

Any advice would be appreciated. There's just so much stuff out there!

chipfox wrote:

Ijoy tornado nano has a huge dual coil RBA. I'll have one in a few days so can give feedback, but its getting great reviews. Smok tfv8 will have a huge dual RBA too.

For fixed deck, smok tf RTA (G2), griffin 25, OBS ace (updated version). There are literally tonnes of choices. I think 'Mike vapes' had a video where he compares like 20 24/25mm tanks. A few have come out since then (like the tornado nano) but nothing that would be a game changer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

chipfox wrote: »
    Could anybody help me pick out a new RTA? I was never huge into buying loads of gear, just every once in a while I crave a new set up.

I've been on the TFV4 for the last 4 months and loving it, the RBA section is all I use. Are there are highly rated RBA/RTA sections that can have dual coil?

I'm using the Eleaf Lyche with the RBA at the moment and it is fantastic,I wouldn't be mad on the stock coils but with the RBA it is excellent.
    Also waiting on a Wotofo Conqueror,dual coil postless deck that is highly recommended also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

@moleyv: That ijoy tornado looks really nice, that's really the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Are these velocity style dripper decks inside RBAs now?? TBA after googing them all they're all pretty much what I'm after. Didn't know there was so much stuff like that now. Do any of these has adjustable juice flow? I found the TFV4 really hard to build at first, both the deck and the bottom juice holes for proper wicking

@jno547: The TFV4 RBA looks quite similar to that eleaf lyche RBA. Those bottom juice holes took me forever to figure out. Which of the two you posted would be the easiest to build on? Do you ever get wicking problems? Can't tell you how many times I nearly f**ked my TFV4 out the window

chipfox wrote: »

@jno547: The TFV4 RBA looks quite similar to that eleaf lyche RBA. Those bottom juice holes took me forever to figure out. Which of the two you posted would be the easiest to build on? Do you ever get wicking problems? Can't tell you how many times I nearly f**ked my TFV4 out the window

The Lyche rba is a snip to build and wick,I use the DJLsb method,(I think that's his name},works perfect everytime and it's a leak free RBA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR4nfEBdoBE

The Conqueror seems a very easy build also,only thing to be careful of is the leg lengths as they go directly into the base.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPhoFznh2b8

chipfox wrote:
    @moleyv: That ijoy tornado looks really nice, that's really the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Are these velocity style dripper decks inside RBAs now?? TBA after googing them all they're all pretty much what I'm after. Didn't know there was so much stuff like that now. Do any of these has adjustable juice flow? I found the TFV4 really hard to build at first, both the deck and the bottom juice holes for proper wicking

Yeah those two seem to have it now. They only really have separate RBAs because they also sell premade coils.

An integrated deck is probably more common. The sense herakles v2 is another integrated deck that is supposed to be very easy to wick, more so than the griffin or smok tfrta.

You won't get juice control with a separate RBA as far as I know. Only integrated decks. The ones I mentioned have them (mostly)

Then you have the types that aren't really an RBA, but the deck comes out. Like the full size tornado and the moonshot. They are very fiddly to build in though. I love my tornado, my favourite tank, I just hope the nano version makes it a hell of a lot more practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

+1 for the Conqueror.I've also been enjoying the Aromamizer Supreme, Kf5 and a Goblin mini i borrowed from a friend and don't want to give back :)

LazyPicti wrote: »
    +1 for the Conqueror.I've also been enjoying the Aromamizer Supreme, Kf5 and a Goblin mini i borrowed from a friend and don't want to give back :)

The Goblin Mini is still one of my favourites,tricky to wick till you get the hang of it and filling can be a pain but an excellent vape from it.

• Advertisement

jno547 wrote: »
    The Goblin Mini is still one of my favourites,tricky to wick till you get the hang of it and filling can be a pain but an excellent vape from it.

I meant to say it was the v2 but i think they are identical except the v2 has top fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I've some on order, nice looking bit of kit,aswell as the augvape alleria,as far as I know they've discontinued the druid tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

LazyPicti wrote: »
    I meant to say it was the v2 but i think they are identical except the v2 has top fill.

Where did you get the v2 from?

I love the goblin mini, but only use it at home because of the filling method. I don't thi k I'd ever put the v2 down1

Where did you get the v2 from?

I love the goblin mini, but only use it at home because of the filling method. I don't thi k I'd ever put the v2 down1

I borrowed it from a friend, not sure were he got it.

http://midlandsvaping.co.uk/index.php?id_product=240&controller=product&id_lang=1#/150-colour-stainless

https://www.theyorkshirevaper.co.uk/products/goblin-mini-v2

These are the only two places i know who have it but I'm going to have a look around tomorrow to see if i can get it cheaper.

Got my tornado nano today. Pretty nice looking, love how short it is with decent capacity.

Built in the RBA but started going a bit strange on the ohms once I wicked it. I probably put in too many wraps, although I couldn't see it contacting anything, will give it another go tomorrow.

Used the premade coil in the meantime. It has HUGE airflow, I have it nearly closed up. Great flavour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Received a squape x dream and a kayfun v5 from 3f vape. Both are SJMY clones. I am used to Squape rs and was really looking forward to the new X but in my opinion, the kayfun v5 has it beaten hands down. For me the squape X has left behind everything (except the aesthetics) that i loved about the previous squapes. the airflow is no longer from the bottom and the draw is as wide as your mum. The deck is much harder to build on if you are on team single coil. sad times for me.
    the kayfun v5 on the other hand is right up my alley. It has a great restrictive lung draw. I hit a great build first time, really took me back to building on the lite+. I think it looks awesome and love the simplicity of it compared to the v4. i ripped through a full tank on my drive to work and back (30mins each way).
    From what i can tell both clones are great quality, the squape came in a box that looks exactly like the original. the kayfun came in a light brown box with no branding on it.
    I'm gonna spend a bit more time with the squape before i decide whether to put it on the for sale thread. maybe i'm not building beefy enough coils in it. For now though I'm def gonna pick up another kayfun or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

moleyv wrote: »
    Got my tornado nano today. Pretty nice looking, love how short it is with decent capacity.

Built in the RBA but started going a bit strange on the ohms once I wicked it. I probably put in too many wraps, although I couldn't see it contacting anything, will give it another go tomorrow.

Used the premade coil in the meantime. It has HUGE airflow, I have it nearly closed up. Great flavour though.

Was eyeing that here, but I think the Mage RTA will be better. There's also a Griffin nano on the way that looks sweet. Has the good looks of the Griffin, but in that more nano-moonshot style. Will have to keep an eye across reviews for all of these, as I only intend to buy one. Already got the Avocado 24, which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Guys,

Grateful for some help/advice.

Brand new Melo III Tank (Pico Kit) and the tank just keeps on leaking. I changed the O rings and I have tried different liquids (one liquid was thicker than the other) but still leaks.

Any other ideas what I could try please? Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks

iba wrote: »
    Guys,

Brand new Melo III Tank (Pico Kit) and the tank just keeps on leaking. I changed the O rings and I have tried different liquids (one liquid was thicker than the other) but still leaks.

Thanks

Make sure the coil is well secured into the base.

• Advertisement

Guys,

Thanks

Make sure the coil is well secured into the base.
    Thanks - its totally secured

Can you see where the leak is coming from?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Only thing I can think of is you maybe aren't tightening the tank up enough? At the base, where the airflow is, it can feel like you have it tightened sometimes, but it's the airflow adjustment you were tightening instead? I didn't use the tank a whole lot, but when I did it never leaked on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hi guys,

So I'm having another crack at vaping to get off the smokes. Few of us (smoking crew) in work all giving it a go. Two of the group already successfully vaping for a few years, so the other two of us said ****it give it a go. I've tried before and through some poor devices never stuck. Happy enough with the advice I've gotten and the purchase I've made.

However I'd previously being buying when I was vaping Wingnut Vampires Kiss. Was like a raspberry flavour. I can't seem to find it anywhere online.

Does anyone know if this was discontinued, and if there is a close alternative? Recommendation on some good liquids also welcome.

Ideally want to buy today, as the device will be here shortly.

EDIT: Typical post this, then I find it below
    http://e-smokeireland.com/product/vampires-kiss/

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hi guys,

So I'm having another crack at vaping to get off the smokes. Few of us (smoking crew) in work all giving it a go. Two of the group already successfully vaping for a few years, so the other two of us said ****it give it a go. I've tried before and through some poor devices never stuck. Happy enough with the advice I've gotten and the purchase I've made.

However I'd previously being buying when I was vaping Wingnut Vampires Kiss. Was like a raspberry flavour. I can't seem to find it anywhere online.

Does anyone know if this was discontinued, and if there is a close alternative? Recommendation on some good liquids also welcome.

Ideally want to buy today, as the device will be here shortly.

EDIT: Typical post this, then I find it below

Still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

I loved that juice - it was so nice you could nearly drink it.
    Ive emailed them a few times asking but never got a response

There are 2 versions of that flavour - Be Warned! - one of them is very aniseedy and the other one ( the original vampires kiss) was just delicious.

Anyway ive a bottle of the aniseed version here in my drawer if you want it Ill happily send it on.
    There is another juice - T Juice called red Astaire that is very similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

All out of stock -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have "some" at home somewhere. I just moved house a month ago, and know I chucked a load of bottles out but kept this one.

Anyway one of the lads here is guiding me around the sites picking up a few pieces. Was going to grab a few small bottles to try out but seems most places are out of stock.

On http://www.thebestshop.eu/ seeing what their stock levels are like

EDI: Grabbed four 10ml bottles of different flavours. Few testers to see what I like and what I don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

There's a lot of cack juices out there tbf. Check these out if you like sweet flavours, they are pretty accurate: https://republicofvape.ie/category/e-liquids/republic-of-vape-liquids/

• Advertisement

Can you see where the leak is coming from?.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it is coming out between the O ring at the bottom of the glass and the glass.

Advertisement